22 major reasons to abandon the Premil doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does Satan's little season occur after the realm of timelessness?
There is a time in God's spiritual realm when Satan will be let loose to perform God's will in gathering the nations together, this is expressed in the words (Thousand Years Expire)

Yes Satan in the (Spiritual) through devils, will manifest his gathering the nation's together in this earthly realm (Little Season)

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a time in God's spiritual realm when Satan will be let loose to perform God's will in gathering the nations together, this is expressed in the words (Thousand Years Expire)

Yes Satan in the (Spiritual) through devils, will manifest his gathering the nation's together in this earthly realm
How does that time relate to time on the earth? Clearly, Satan's little season speaks of something that occurs on the earth (Rev 20:7-9), so how exactly does an earthly time period happen after a spiritual realm time period? If you want to be taken seriously, then you need to explain this. Otherwise, I will continue to not take you seriously.

Reactions: rwb and WPM

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does that time relate to time on the earth? Clearly, Satan's little season speaks of something that occurs on the earth (Rev 20:7-9), so how exactly does an earthly time period happen after a spiritual realm time period? If you want to be taken seriously, then you need to explain this. Otherwise, I will continue to not take you seriously.
Satan is in the (Spiritual Realm) where one day is a thousand years

The Kings that Satan deceives into gathering them to battle are in the (Earthly Realm) of time, as the verse below shows

Revelation 20:1-8 is in the (Spiritual Realm) where one day is a thousand years

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Disagree

The words (Thousand Years) does nothing more than represent God's spiritual realm of no literal time

Examples:

Scripture: They lived and reigned with Christ a (Thousand Years)

Paraphrase: They lived and reigned with Christ in his (Eternal Spiritual Realm)

Reformed Preterist Eschatology falsely interprets the (Thousand Years) beginning at the (Resurrection) of Jesus Christ, to falsely lay a foundation for interpretation of the words (First Resurrection) taking place at a person partaking in this at salvation (Wrong)

The words (First Resurrection) represent the fact (The Dead In Christ Rise First) its that simple

Where in Scripture can you prove a thousand years represents God's spiritual realm?

Excuse my ire, but I get really sick of hearing you argue against this boogey man you call Reformed Preterist Eschatology!!! You're the only person I have ever heard label Amils in this way, and I frankly have no idea of what the heck you are talking about.

You've been shown repeatedly with Scripture why your understanding of the first resurrection is unbiblical. There are NOT two resurrections of the dead and living in Christ when He returns. There is one bodily resurrection for all people. With the resurrection of the righteous dead first, and the physical body of the righteous being caught up WITH THEM. Followed by the physical resurrection of the physically dead in unbelief resurrected for damnation.

You have also been repeatedly shown why the first resurrection is the resurrection of Christ that mankind MUST spiritually have part in during their lifetime to overcome the second death when He comes again. You can argue against this FACT until the cows come home, but it does not make it any less truth.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Disagree, your explanation is a private interpretation found no place in scripture

You state (Thousand Years) is unspecified time, then you give it a direct attachment to earthly time in a Gospel age, Smiles!

The words (Thousand Years) equates to God's eternal, one day is a thousand years, it's that simple

Where is your Biblical proof? Put forth the verses to prove what you allege.

There are umpteen examples to be found throughout Scripture (you've been shown them) that prove a thousand is often used in this same symbolic manner. One of my favorites and I know you've been shown, speaks of "cattle on a thousand hills." A thousand symbolically representing an unspecified number of cattle, because God owns ALL the cattle on ALL the hills. The same with God being God to "a thousand generations of those who love Him". Again, a thousand symbolically representing an unspecified number, kind of like a great "innumerable multitude" seen in the Kingdom of heaven.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Agree with much, however your suggestion that (Thousand Years) is literal time that ends I Disagree

How do you prove TIME, scheduled to be no more, continues after this age comes to an end? Of course, TIME, symbolized "a thousand years" ends and eternity is ushered in. God ordained or established TIME for this age of the earth, not for eternity. If you can prove otherwise, please show the verses from Scripture to prove.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture teaches "Satan a spirit being" is allowed by God to deceive the nations to gather to battle

Revelation 20:1-8 is in the spiritual realm, verse 9 sees the spiritual deception manifest itself in the literal earth realm, in gathering the earths kings to the camp of the saints

Revelation 20:7-9KJV
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

I believe Satan, like Christ is given a literal unspecific amount of time called a "little season". In the same way Christ was given a literal amount of time after His anointing baptism to usher in His spiritual Kingdom to the whole earth. This time given Christ as He operated in the power of the Holy Spirit, kept Satan from stopping the power of His Gospel before it came with great power through His saints after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. This time given Christ to curtail the powers of Satan too is an unspecified amount of literal time called "a short time". This is why we read of the devils great anger after being cast out of heaven and to the earth. He's angry knowing that his time is short, because once Christ defeated death and resurrected, He would send His Spirit to be IN His people with great power, and Satan would no longer be able to hold the nations in fear and bondage to death when they hear the Gospel and believe. Christ would build His Church and the gates of hell would not be able to stop it from being complete.

Revelation 12:12 (KJV) Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Christ has a short time to establish the Kingdom of God for His church on earth through supernatural power of the Spirit in Him. Just as Satan for a short time could not keep the Church from beginning of the Gospel age, neither will Satan have unlimited amount of time after the spiritual Kingdom of God is complete. Since the advent of Christ, Satan NEVER has unfettered power over whosoever is of faith on this earth.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop bending and twisting

(Thousand Years) = (Long Time In God's Spiritual)

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This is where you've totally gone in the wrong direction. This does not say one day IS a thousand years as you attempt to make it. This passage proves that God is not limited by time, whether long (a thousand years) or short (one day), His Kingdom will be completed as His Gospel is proclaimed in the power of the Holy Spirit unto all the nations of the earth.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in Scripture can you prove a thousand years represents God's spiritual realm?
The Lord is in the spiritual, where one day is a thousand years, eternal

Read it again and again, one day "With The Lord" is as a thousand years, and yes it applies to the very same spiritual realm of the Lord seen in Revelation 20:1-8

Jesus dwells where one day is a thousand years, and a thousand years is one day

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse my ire, but I get really sick of hearing you argue against this boogey man you call Reformed Preterist Eschatology!!! You're the only person I have ever heard label Amils in this way, and I frankly have no idea of what the heck you are talking about.
I have labeled "Reformed Eschatology" as being "Preterist", I'm Amil and a futurist

Does "Reformed Escgatology" teach preterism in 70AD fulfillment to mention one, 100% yes!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where you've totally gone in the wrong direction. This does not say one day IS a thousand years as you attempt to make it. This passage proves that God is not limited by time, whether long (a thousand years) or short (one day), His Kingdom will be completed as His Gospel is proclaimed in the power of the Holy Spirit unto all the nations of the earth.
The gospel being preached has absolutely "Nothing" to do with interpretation of the word (Thousand Years)

It's your private interpretation found no place in scripture, not even close

rwb is on the mound, he's in the wind up, "the throw" up in the bleachers as the crowd sits stunned

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is in the (Spiritual Realm) where one day is a thousand years

No it isn't! It says one day is AS a thousand years and a thousand years AS one day. It says exactly NOWHERE that one day IS a thousand years.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is in the spiritual, where one day is a thousand years, eternal

Read it again and again, one day "With The Lord" is as a thousand years, and yes it applies to the very same spiritual realm of the Lord seen in Revelation 20:1-8

Jesus dwells where one day is a thousand years, and a thousand years is one day

The spiritual realm of God is eternal, everlasting, never ending! Therefore, in the spiritual realm there is not existence of TIME.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spiritual realm of God is eternal, everlasting, never ending! Therefore, in the spiritual realm there is not existence of TIME.
Hey I Agree, A+++ On Your Paper!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel being preached has absolutely "Nothing" to do with interpretation of the word (Thousand Years)

It's your private interpretation found no place in scripture, not even close

rwb is on the mound, he's in the wind up, "the throw" up in the bleachers as the crowd sits stunned

Is or is not the Gospel of Christ proclaimed unto all the world in TIME?

Man hears and responds or not to the Gospel during their lifetime on earth where TIME presently exists. The martyred saints are spiritually alive in heaven as "living souls" because during their time on this earth they lived and reigned with Christ. John writes this time when they lived and reigned with Christ is "a thousand years". That equates to time on this earth, not one thousand literal years of time, but time on earth symbolized a thousand years. These martyred living souls are alive in heaven after physical death because they were faithful with their lives unto death.

John symbolically writes time is a thousand years because the faithful saints seen alive in heaven after death are not the only ones who shall reign with Christ a thousand years, or during their TIME on earth. John also writes of those who are blessed and holy, have part in the first resurrection, and overcome the second death that shall also reign with Christ in TIME (a thousand years). How do you explain this TIME, a thousand years, as both a past and present reality if it does not symbolize TIME from the first coming of Christ until TIME shall be no longer?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:1-8 is in this non existence of time, where one day is a thousand years, and a thousand years us one day, no clocks in God eternal spiritual

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey I Agree, A+++ On Your Paper!

I'm glad to see you agree! When time given this earth shall be no more, the age to come shall be eternal, and therefore no more time. Time is written symbolically a thousand years so that none can ascertain when the end of this age and the Lord returns shall be.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is or is not the Gospel of Christ proclaimed unto all the world in TIME?

Man hears and responds or not to the Gospel during their lifetime on earth where TIME presently exists. The martyred saints are spiritually alive in heaven as "living souls" because during their time on this earth they lived and reigned with Christ. John writes this time when they lived and reigned with Christ is "a thousand years". That equates to time on this earth, not one thousand literal years of time, but time on earth symbolized a thousand years. These martyred living souls are alive in heaven after physical death because they were faithful with their lives unto death.

John symbolically writes time is a thousand years because the faithful saints seen alive in heaven after death are not the only ones who shall reign with Christ a thousand years, or during their TIME on earth. John also writes of those who are blessed and holy, have part in the first resurrection, and overcome the second death that shall also reign with Christ in TIME (a thousand years). How do you explain this TIME, a thousand years, as both a past and present reality if it does not symbolize TIME from the first coming of Christ until TIME shall be no longer?
It's your false claim that the words (Thousand Years) applies to this earthly time

Revelation 20:1-8 is 100% in the Lord's spiritual, where you see (The Souls) and (The Dead) that don't sound like earth to me, smiles!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:1-8 is in this non existence of time, where one day is a thousand years, and a thousand years us one day, no clocks in God eternal spiritual

No, I agree time does not exist in eternity. But the martyred saints lived and reigned with Christ in TIME (a thousand years), before they entered into the eternal Kingdom of God in heaven, where they are now reigning with Him without TIME forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.