Why Antiochus Epiphanes IV Is Not The Little Horn - Part I: "in the latter time of their kingdom"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it.
No, you refuse to see the truth.

I've shown you:

>the feminine pronoun "them" in the verse "out of one of them came forth a Little Horn" cannot possibly refer to the masculine noun "horns" but only to the sometimes feminine "winds".

>Antiochus was never "exceeding great" in the South - he was chased out of Egypt by Romans.

>Antiochus arose at the middle of the 260 year Seleucid kingdom - the Little Horn arises in the "latter time".

>Antiochus did not wax "exceeding great" over Alex the Great or Darius, Cyrus, or Artaxerxes.

>Antiochus was called "Epimanes" ("mad man") instead of Epiphanes - he's anything but "exceeding great".

>Antiochus never took away the "daily" ("tamid") or the entire Jewish sanctuary service.

>Antiochus' sacrifice suspension for 1260 days (Josephus) or 1090 days (other authorities) is nowhere near 2300 or 1150 days.

Antiochus is not nor will ever be the Little Horn.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy tells me the king of Babylon will be smiting Palestinians today and tomorrow.He will continue to smite Palestinians with his rod till the nations rise up and destroy him.Then the Lord comes and establish Zion.
Prophecy says no such thing because this same Isaiah in chapter 13 says Babylon will never be rebuilt and found smiting anyone today!

tailgator

Jun 23, 2024
NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you refuse to see the truth.

I've shown you:

>the feminine pronoun "them" in the verse "out of one of them came forth a Little Horn" cannot possibly refer to the masculine noun "horns" but only to the sometimes feminine "winds".

>Antiochus was never "exceeding great" in the South - he was chased out of Egypt by Romans.

>Antiochus arose at the middle of the 260 year Seleucid kingdom - the Little Horn arises in the "latter time".

>Antiochus did not wax "exceeding great" over Alex the Great or Darius, Cyrus, or Artaxerxes.

>Antiochus was called "Epimanes" ("mad man") instead of Epiphanes - he's anything but "exceeding great".

>Antiochus never took away the "daily" ("tamid") or the entire Jewish sanctuary service.

>Antiochus' sacrifice suspension for 1260 days (Josephus) or 1090 days (other authorities) is nowhere near 2300 or 1150 days.

Antiochus is not nor will ever be the Little Horn.
Your mixing me with someone else.
I agree the prophecy is not about antiochus.

Neither is Daniel 11 which is about he United states.

tailgator

Jun 23, 2024
NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy says no such thing because this same Isaiah in chapter 13 says Babylon will never be rebuilt and found smiting anyone today!
The Babylon Isaiah was writing about has not been destroyed.

The Mess(Iran)has not destroyed Babylon yet.
The day of the Lord in Isaiah 13 has not come yet.

Isaiah 13
8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

The day of the Lord is still future.These things have not been fulfilled.

tailgator

Jun 23, 2024
NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say the "sacrifice" is taken away?
Daniel 8:12
Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

Daniel 11:31
31 “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

This will most likely be fulfilled next year after Trump.is reelected.He will give netanyahu an army to protect Israel and the draft will be abolished.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your mixing me with someone else.
I agree the prophecy is not about antiochus.

Neither is Daniel 11 which is about he United states.
Ah, I double clicked a link so it must have included your post. Glad to hear that.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 8:12
Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

Daniel 11:31
31 “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

This will most likely be fulfilled next year after Trump.is reelected.He will give netanyahu an army to protect Israel and the draft will be abolished.
The KJV translates "70 weeks are determined" but a better rendering of the Hebrew is "chatak" is "cut off".

When we consider that the 70 Weeks is the first thing to drop from Gabriel's lips after telling Daniel to listen up for clarification about the 2300 Days, as well as the fact that Gabriel told Daniel to "understand the matter and consider the mareh ("vision")" which is exclusively used to reference the 2300 Days in chapter 8 - these two points establish an inseparable link between the two prophecies.

Therefore, "70 Weeks are determined ("cut off") from the larger 2300 Days, and since no thinking person argues the 70 are literal weeks, the only thing they can be "cut off" from is 2300 symbolic days or literal years.

tailgator

Jun 23, 2024
NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV translates "70 weeks are determined" but a better rendering of the Hebrew is "chatak" is "cut off".

When we consider that the 70 Weeks is the first thing to drop from Gabriel's lips after telling Daniel to listen up for clarification about the 2300 Days, as well as the fact that Gabriel told Daniel to "understand the matter and consider the mareh ("vision")" which is exclusively used to reference the 2300 Days in chapter 8 - these two points establish an inseparable link between the two prophecies.

Therefore, "70 Weeks are determined ("cut off") from the larger 2300 Days, and since no thinking person argues the 70 are literal weeks, the only thing they can be "cut off" from is 2300 symbolic days or literal years.
I wouldn't know about that.
But I do understand the sacrifice which Israelis make for their king will be abolished after Trump gives Israel an army.
An army much like the US has given Germany or South Korea.

The sacrifice is a hotly debated issue in Israel .There are protests against it.Some are threatening to leave the country while others say they prefer prison.Its in the news all the time.
Some people just don't want to sacrifice their children or themselves.