The Galilean wedding is the model for the pre-trib rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 4:14-5:9 declares: “if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming [Gr. parousia] of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain ‘shall be caught up’ [Gr. harpazō] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Why does Paul not say. BUT OF THE TIME AND SEASON???????????? He says but of the times and seasons.
Just more proof of two raptures. You best open up your eyes, there is not much time left.

There is no 70th week of Daniel here either. But there is a 70th week of Daniel.

There is no 7 years of tribulation. And there certainly is not 2000 year of tribilation OF THOSE DAYS.
LOL. This is becoming totally ridiculous. What has that to do with some imaginary future 7 year trib? Where does it mention 7 years? Where does it mention tribulation? You could literally make the Bible say whatever you want with this type of absurd ad-hoc hermeneutics. This is becoming laughable.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Who teaches the truth of two raptures? WHO AM I BEING TAUGHT BY???????????? Pick somebody. Anybody.

Additionally, when we realize the truth that there is also a post trib rapture at the 6th seal, your position goes up in smoke.
Revelation 6:12-16 relates to the final destruction described in Isaiah 34 to the appearance of the Lord at the second coming, where the wicked finally receive their reward. The sixth seal says, “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?”
  • This is a picture of the one-and-only future second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • It shows the rescue, deliverance of God’s people.
  • It shows the total destruction - for those left behind. There are no survivors!
  • This is the end!
This passage, which is speaking of the exact same scene as 1 Thessalonians 4:14-5, asks a simple question: "who shall be able to stand?” This of course is a rhetorical question: meaning the answer is obvious. Well, it is obvious to those who don't have a theological agenda to impute into the text. No one that is left behind will survive the wrath of God that He pours out on the ungodly on this fateful final day. So rather than rewarding all those that attack Jerusalem by allowing them to inherit the new earth, Christ destroys them and their rebellion.

So as to remove any confusion over the full extent of those that will be destroyed who are left behind, the Holy Spirit says: "the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man." Obviously if a human isn't "free" they are "a bondman" (or a slave).

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. That particular event, when Jesus returns with the saints inside the new Jerusalem takes place at the end of the millennium.

Never heard that before. We can tell that is incorrect by what happens at the 7th trumpet.
As you say, Jesus at the second coming will not even touch Israel. We meet the Lord in the air, and so will we always be with Him. The wicked dead are not raised at the second coming. They sleep in death until the end of the millennium when the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven, with all the saints and the Lord inside, and settles on that area we know as Israel. Then the wicked are raised to face their judgement. Fire then comes down and destroys every last one of them including Satan and all his demons. The earth is cleansed in that fire from every vestige of sin and environmental pollution. A blank canvas for recreation...Then will Israel...us... Inherit the earth. A new earth. And a new heaven.
Where are you getting this stuff?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. This is becoming totally ridiculous. What has that to do with some imaginary future 7 year trib? Where does it mention 7 years? Where does it mention tribulation? You could literally make the Bible say whatever you want with this type of absurd ad-hoc hermeneutics. This is becoming laughable.
Okay. I got to know. HOW MANY TIMES AM I GOING TO HAVE TO TELL YOU I DON'T BELIEVE IN A 7 YEAR TRIBULATION before you get a clue.

From your responses I can tell you are retired or without a job, and you when you did work it was likely a manual labor position.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. I got to know. HOW MANY TIMES AM I GOING TO HAVE TO TELL YOU I DON'T BELIEVE IN A 7 YEAR TRIBULATION before you get a clue.

From your responses I can tell you are retired or without a job, and you when you did work it was likely a manual labor position.
Well how long is your trib? Stop avoiding? Is this a dirty little secret?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. If you only knew how wrong you are about this. Just as wrong as you are about end times scripture, which is really saying something.

• Love
Reactions: WPM

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. If you only knew how wrong you are about this. Just as wrong as you are about end times scripture, which is really saying something.
What are these guys on? Are they for real? The amount of unmitigated nonsense that comes out of them is unbelievable.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness. Who do you think you're talking to here, some "babe in Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:1)? Do you really think I don't already understand all these things you're telling me? I absolutely do. I tell people frequently that the key to understanding scripture is found right here:

Sorry Brother but sometimes when wpm gets you riled up against pretribbers you sound ike him. It's good to know that we agree on some things at least lol. I also write for the benefit of any other readers who read after me.

I once heard a Pastor's sermon (I forget who it was,) And his sermon was about, we pray for the Lord to sanctify us and (we all know) that, that is a process that takes time. Right? I already believed that from somewhere. I can see how dumb humans are and how long it takes to learn. I like to read and it was my best subject in school and it still takes a long time! (I am so glad I did not go to college! I almost did. That would have conformed into the image of the world. Now, I don't have anything against education, as long as it don't interfere with a mans thinking.)

He went on to explain how, she has made herself ready that, we have made ourself ready by reading his word daily and praying without ceasing. That takes our attention. It takes our time. It takes our presence. So the more that we are present before God in His word & Prayer, the more time He has to work on our insides and sanctify us & purify our heart and repair the spiritual damage done to our soul by sin and iniquity. We have to be there though, in His presence in His word and in prayer.

What happened for us here on earth? Long story short, we were dropped into a war behind enemy lines and we must have hit our head on the landing because we all have amnesia and cant remember The Lord or being in heaven. (He said He knew us before we were in the womb). We look in our backpack and it has a book in it, a Field Manual. It says we have a Radio too! (Prayer) (Elijah caled in an Airstrike!!)

In reality, I was born not knowing God. Somewhere along the line someone (my parents) stuck a Bible in my hand and a Bible's been around ever since. I went AWOL for awhile but I returned to the Lord after my marriage broke up and the kids were grown. But a Bible one way or another has been around constantly waiting for me to read it and since I like to read I did read it. I read a lot. It says so much stuff. It's confusing the first few times you pick it up to read it but it gets easier the more you read it. (That's the Holy Spirit working).

I'm starting to understand why Enoch went to live in a cave for along time. To read and write, and talk to God and Listen. In a cave with no distractions ever! Well wait, the book of Enoch says Noahs family came to him when Noah was born because Noah was glowing and singing praises to God? Something like that. Enoch told them everything was ok wth the boy because it scared the pee out of everyone when Noah was born like that, lol!

Moses used to talk to God face to face for 40 days & nughts sometimes. I think that's when he came down the mountain and his face was glowing. That's from being in the presence of God.

Man I could go on and on with this stuff.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well how long is your trib? Stop avoiding? Is this a dirty little secret?
Less than seven years.

I told you I am not going to tell you yet until you can comprehend that I do not believe in a 7 year tribulation. I do believe in a 70th week of Daniel.

Well, what was your career? I know it was nothing technical. I know it was nothing in mathematics. I think most likely just manual labor. Small chance of sales but it would be at a shoe store or target, Best Buy of the like. Not likely you would sell anything like air conditioners or such things.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Daniel 9:24-27 tells all about it and shows that it is a 7 year Tribulation.

It says 69 weeks until Jesus comes (the first time) and it says that the last week doesnt start until the antichrist signs a 7 year peace treaty, that begins the 70th week of Daniel. Prohetica day equals years. So, 7 days 7 years.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Less than seven years.

I told you I am not going to tell you yet until you can comprehend that I do not believe in a 7 year tribulation. I do believe in a 70th week of Daniel.

Well, what was your career? I know it was nothing technical. I know it was nothing in mathematics. I think most likely just manual labor. Small chance of sales but it would be at a shoe store or target, Best Buy of the like. Not likely you would sell anything like air conditioners or such things.
You sound so embittered and frustrated. You are sinking lower and lower in your ad hominem. It is now belittling and slander. This is where Pretrib loves operating. Are you not convicted?

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It says 69 weeks until Jesus comes (the first time) and it says that the last week doesnt start until the antichrist signs a 7 year peace treaty, that begins the 70th week of Daniel. Prohetica day equals years. So, 7 days 7 years.
You already admitted that there's no mention of the Church, tribulation, a second coming, a rapture or a third coming in that passage. You have nothing therefore. You seem to make it up as you go. That may impress your base, it it will not impress the objective Bible student.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
50% go ,50% stay.
Ok, you have no understanding of the bride of Christ??????
Ruth is the gentile bride.( in Ruth)
The jews are the wayward wife gone a whoring .
Vividly illustrated.
The Bible ends how?
The spirit and the bride say come

Maranotha ...COME LORD JESUS.

More avoidance!
  1. Does Jesus have 5 or 10 brides in your estimation?
  2. Do you have to be a female virgin to make the rapture?
  3. Do you have to have a literal lamp burning with oil at the actual moment Jesus comes to perform your Pretrib rapture?

• Haha

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are these guys on? Are they for real? The amount of unmitigated nonsense that comes out of them is unbelievable.
It's absolutely unbelievable and stunning. The childishness of some of the posters here is just out of control. How can they be that immature when discussing scripture on a forum like this? They are completely reckless with scripture. They never use scripture to interpret itself. They make up new definitions for words to make scripture fit their false doctrines. They add extra-biblical nonsense to scripture while acting like it is equal to scripture. They say the kind of immature things that I haven't seen or heard since I was a kid. It boggles my mind.

Last edited:
  • Love

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you believe that Jesus's death is crucial to bringing about the fulfillment of any of the six things listed in Daniel 9:24?

If so, do you include His death somewhere within the 70 weeks? Since it says He would be cut off after the 69th week (Daniel 9:26), then that would place His death within the 70th week. Can you tell me why you don't place His death within the 70th week if you agree that His death fulfilled any of Daniel 9:24, like making reconciliation (atonement) for iniquity (sin)?

Also, why would a future antichrist break a supposed 7 year peace treaty, resulting in an end to animal sacrifices and offerings? What future animal sacrifices and offering would some antichrist want to put an end to and why? Any future animal sacrifices and offerings would be meaningless. The old covenant animal sacrifices and offerings were replaced by the once for all sacrifice of Jesus Christ long ago already.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
50% go ,50% stay.
Ok, you have no understanding of the bride of Christ??????
Ruth is the gentile bride.( in Ruth)
The jews are the wayward wife gone a whoring .
Vividly illustrated.
The Bible ends how?
The spirit and the bride say come

Maranotha ...COME LORD JESUS.
Can you stop your blabbering and make a coherent argument for once?

Tell us your understanding of Matthew 25:1-13. Go through it verse by verse so we can see how you interpret it.

What is your understanding of the bride of Christ? Use scripture to support your answer. Making claims without backing them up and without showing how you come to your conclusions is meaningless.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's absolutely unbelievable and stunning. The childishness of some of the posters here is just out of control. How can they be that immature when discussing scripture on a forum like this? They are completely reckless with scripture. They never use scripture to interpret itself. They make up up new definitions for words to make scripture fit their false doctrines. They add extra-biblical nonsense to scripture while acting like it is equal to scripture. They say the kind of immature things that I haven't seen or heard since I was a kid. It boggles my mind.
I agree.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey brother,

Let me attempt to clarify. It does not say the last week doesn't start until the antichrist signs a 7-year peace treaty,

It says that the antichrist confirms a 7 year covenant with many. That covenant with many can be made and then at a later time, the Antichrist can confirm it.

For example the UN SDG7 covenant is a 7 year plan for sustained development growth for 7 years that was drafted in Sept 2023. The original SDG plan was drafted in 2015 but the goals were falling behind so they drafted the SDG7. At a later time, the Antichrist could confirm this covenant. This is just an example of something that could happen. Nothing to see here. Move along. Don't look back. Move along. Yeah, nothing to see here.

Noah is in the ark 6 days before the flood. Nothing to see here.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's not a chance he is an entrepreneur, or in charge of a group of people. Can't draw proper conclusions
Again, if you only knew how wrong you are. But, of course, you are wrong about a lot of things. For you to criticize him for supposedly not being able to draw proper conclusions is utterly hilarious. Your lack of self awareness is incredible.