The Galilean wedding is the model for the pre-trib rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 24
Before the flood one taken , one left.
Pretrib. Half of a group is taken

I never really thought it about being 50/50. Huh. That's interesting. One taken, one is left. That makes perfect sense. Jesus comes and takes the cream of the crop...and...GT soon thereafter. (Yikes)

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not frustrated in the least. At this point...I'm amused. You have to be a bot or a troublemaker because no one can be that obtuse, can they? I doubt it.

You wont talk about the text of scripture. You wont talk about the Holy Spirit I notice.
What kind of Pastor are you?
Nothing + nothing = nothing. You are doing more to promote Posttrib than I can do. Your constant avoidance and ad hominem exposes the impotence and error of Pretrib.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing + nothing = nothing. You are doing more to promote Posttrib than I can do. Your constant avoidance and ad hominem exposes the impotence and error of Pretrib.

You could play another Victim Card to the Moderators like you already done to me once iin this thread, lol!

How often do you read you Bible?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could play another Victim Card to the Moderators like you already done to me once iin this thread, lol!

You really do talk some nonsense. Answer the questions and desist from lies, ad hominem and avoidance.

Can you show us one single Scripture that describes (1) a rapture of the Church, (2) immediately followed by a literal seven-year tribulation, (3) immediately followed by a 3rd coming of Christ?

Last edited:

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really do talk some nonsense. Answer the questions and desist from ad hominem and avoidance.

Can you show us one single Scripture that describes (1) a rapture of the Church, (2) immediately followed by a literal seven-year tribulation, (3) immediately followed by a 3rd coming of Christ?
Before the flood one ttaken one left

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Great Trib.

Let's look at more of 1 Thessalonians 5, shall we?
1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
1 Now concerning how and when all this will happen, dear brothers and sisters,[a] we don’t really need to write you.
2 For you know quite well that the day of the Lord’s return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night.
3 When people are saying, “Everything is peaceful and secure,” then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman’s labor pains begin. And there will be no escape.
4 But you aren’t in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won’t be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief.[b]
5 For you are all children of the light and of the day; we don’t belong to darkness and night.
6 So be on your guard, not asleep like the others. Stay alert and be clearheaded.
7 Night is the time when people sleep and drinkers get drunk.
8 But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation.
9 For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. 10 Christ died for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when he returns, we can live with him forever.
11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.../NLT

v3 He comes as a thief in the night, by surprise (no one knows the day or hour)
v4&5 we are children of Light, the church. Thr Bride.
v6 So we are on guard and watching!Not asleep like posttribbers.
v7&8 This is the night time at least coming on, look around you at the world!
v9 So God chose to Save us and take us out of it (like He talks about in 1 Thess 4
v10 Christ paid a High Price for us, that we may live. He loves us so saves from the wrath that He brings upon Israel & the world.
v11 This is Encouraging! It's Perfectly Ok To Watch For The LORD Early.

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17
14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.
15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died.[g]
16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died[h] will rise from their graves.
17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.../NLT

V14 When Jesus comes for us in the (pretrib) rapture, He will bring with Him, all those who have died in Christ since the beginning. David, Moses, Paul, all of them.
V15-16-17 People have died in Christ since then and when jesus shows up, their graves will be opened and they will transformed in the twinkling of an eye to reunite with their spirit into a new spiritual body. A resurrection body like He had when He was Resurrected on the first Easter morning. We dont meet the Lord in the air before them, we all go at once.

Caught up in the clouds. is the translation for Harpazo in Greek or Rapture in the Latin Vulgate in V17.

You see, it is two events. One time He comes in the air and we meet Him in the clouds. He doesn't come to Earth.
Then after The Great Trib is His so called 2nd Coming where He brings us with Him and puts comes to the Earth at the Mt of Olives. and puts an end to wickedness and wicked people. (Then the Millenium begins)

It's not that hard to put it all together clearly like that after 20 years of studying it, lol!
In no way, shape or form does Paul indicate that he is speaking of two entirely different events in 1 Thess 4:13-18 and 1 Thess 5:1-11. You understand that the original manuscripts didn't have chapter breaks, right? The translators should not have put a chapter break at the end of 1 Thess 4 because 1 Thess 4:13-5:11 is one narrative about one event with different aspects to it. In 1 Thess 4:13-18 Paul describes things related to what will happen to believers on the day Christ returns and then in 1 Thess 5:1-11 he describes what will happen to unbelievers on that day.

Also, I showed you what wrath Paul was talking about in 1 Thess 5:9 and you just ignore that. The wrath is the "sudden destruction" that will come down on the day Christ returns. So, there's your wrath that we aren't appointed to. Paul made no mention of any supposed tribulation between the rapture and the day sudden destruction comes down on unbelievers.

Do you believe the following 2 passages are about the same event?

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

It's clear to me that these are referring to the same events. I don't know why anyone would conclude that the day "when he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe" would not be the same day when "the Lord himself will come down from heaven" and "we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with" the dead in Christ "in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air".

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before the flood one ttaken one left
What happens to those who are left?

Luke 17:32 Remember Lot’s wife! 33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36] [e] 37 “Where, Lord?” they asked. He replied, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.

Reactions: WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is the frequency of how often we read the Bible the determining factor of whether our beliefs are correct or not? If someone reads their Bible for 3 or 4 hours every day but misinterprets everything they read, what good is that?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, I showed you what wrath Paul was talking about in 1 Thess 5:9 and you just ignore that. The wrath is the "sudden destruction" that will come down on the day Christ returns. So, there's your wrath that we aren't appointed to. Paul made no mention of any supposed tribulation between the rapture and the day sudden destruction comes down on unbelievers.

You stil dont get it. Well, it doesn't have anything to do with chapter & Verse. The man is talking and it is two events to the astute. At the 2nd Coming is when He destroys them with the brightness of His coing, right? Be we come back with Jesus to earth in resurrection bodies as spiritual beings at that point. Because at the onset of the rapture we are transformed in the twinkling of an eye.

You stil believe that we are human then and Jesus makes His Bride go through His wrath?

When I first seriously returned to the Lord in 2009/2010 that's the first thing He started teaching me...(by demonstration!)...how much He really Loves us. So if you can't fathom that...I dunno what to say to you? He is not this big angry God that is so angry that He beats up His wife! Come on, man...

If you don't know that, it's time to pray.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the frequency of how often we read the Bible the determining factor of whether our beliefs are correct or not? If someone reads their Bible for 3 or 4 hours every day but misinterprets everything they read, what good is that?

I think it depends on if they read it prayerfully or not. That is the Holy Spirit's Job, to lead us into all truth.

How many of us read the Bible through cover to cover, every year? I do. I didnt always used to, but I do now. At least 3 chapters per day will get anyone through the entire scriptures in one year.

The more time you spend in front of your Bible and the HS, the more understanding will come. Read it prayerfully. WHat's that mean, Holy Spirit? And meditate upon it for a few minutes. There's no way for the Holy Spirit to work inside of you and inspire you to truth if you only read a little on Sunday, then your Bible gathers dust the rest the week. Don't read it Carnally.

The Holy Spirit will put thoughts into your head, and many times other scriptures also. You have to listen for Him with the faith of child and consider what just popped into your head as the Holy Spirit talking to you. When you do that...No joke, Brother, it tuened into a literal conversation. Now I know what He sounds like in my head! I talk differently. I speak differently. It is the Holy Spirit. That's called, receiving a Rhema from the Lord. For instance:

Romans 10:17
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.../KJV

So we go to this verse in the concordance and find...::

The word, "Word" of God G4487
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. that which is or has been uttered by the living voice, thing spoken, word
    1. any sound produced by the voice and having definite meaning
    2. speech, discourse
      1. what one has said
    3. a series of words joined together into a sentence (a declaration of one's mind made in words)
      1. an utterance
      2. a saying of any sort as a message, a narrative
        1. concerning some occurrence
  2. subject matter of speech, thing spoken of
    1. so far forth as it is a matter of narration
    2. so far as it is a matter of command
    3. a matter of dispute, case at law
Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
ῥῆμα rhēma, hray'-mah; from G4483; an utterance (individually, collectively or specially),; by implication, a matter or topic (especially of narration, command or dispute); with a negative naught whatever:—+ evil, + nothing, saying, word.../BLB

A Rhema is the spoken word of God...the still small voice of God within you. Not the printed text. The spoken word, personally to you as you read. This is real. The Holy Spirit is a real teacher. You should try this some time.

The Lord told me that, He wants all of His children to learn to hear His still small voice...and instantly obey. He isn't fond of performing miracles for you everytime. He wants to speak to you. He likes to doing miracles in front of a crowd most times so He gets more converts! ..../ True story!

So I have to agree with you, I do think the frequency that one reads their Bible makes all the difference in the world!

If you are reading 3 to 4 hours in the word everyday and making mistakes then I may suggest that, you dont read it prayerfully with the Holy Spirit enough?

Go line by line if you have to! What's that mean Holy Spirit?! Don't stop talking to Him and dont stop listenng

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stil dont get it.
LOL. How ironic for you to say that to me.

Well, it doesn't have anything to do with chapter & Verse. The man is talking and it is two events to the astute.
I would use a different word than "astute" to describe that belief.

At the 2nd Coming is when He destroys them with the brightness of His coing, right? Be we come back with Jesus to earth in resurrection bodies as spiritual beings at that point. Because at the onset of the rapture we are transformed in the twinkling of an eye.

You stil believe that we are human then and Jesus makes His Bride go through His wrath?
No, silly. We never go through His wrath, as I have said I don't know how many times before. Do we have to be taken off of the earth to avoid any of His wrath that doesn't come down upon the entire earth? No, right? So, you don't get it. We don't need to be taken off of the earth until right before what is described in 1 Thess 5:2-3 and 2 Peter 3:10-12 occurs.

When I first seriously returned to the Lord in 2009/2010 that's the first thing He started teaching me...(by demonstration!)...how much He really Loves us. So if you can't fathom that...I dunno what to say to you?
You're not saying anything to me here, you're talking to a straw man. I never have said we would ever have to go through God's wrath. Not even close. Okay?

He is this big angry God that is so angry that He beats up His wife! Come on, man...
Not what I said at all. Not even close.

Reactions: MA2444

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it depends on if they read it prayerfully or not. That is the Holy Spirit's Job, to lead us into all truth.
Nope, it doesn't depend entirely on that, either. I guarantee I could find people who read the Bible prayerfully about the same amount of time and, yet, they don't agree on everything. That's just how it is. No one is perfect at discerning the Holy Spirit's answer to their prayers. Or He might have different timing for giving His answer to one person compared to another.

How many of us read the Bible through cover to cover, every year? I do. I didnt always used to, but I do now. At least 3 chapters per day will get anyone through the entire scriptures in one year.

The more time you spend in front of your Bible and the HS, the more understanding will come. Read it prayerfully. WHat's that mean, Holy Spirit? And meditate upon it for a few minutes. There's no way for the Holy Spirit to work inside of you and inspire you to truth if you only read a little on Sunday, then your Bible gathers dust the rest the week. Don't read it Carnally.
My goodness. Who do you think you're talking to here, some "babe in Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:1)? Do you really think I don't already understand all these things you're telling me? I absolutely do. I tell people frequently that the key to understanding scripture is found right here:

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

I do this frequently. It's the key to gaining wisdom. But, it's not a mystery of how to attain it. It's quite simple. We merely have to ask for it. As long as you believe God will give it to you and don't doubt then "it WILL be given to you".

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, it doesn't depend entirely on that, either. I guarantee I could find people who read the Bible prayerfully about the same amount of time and, yet, they don't agree on everything. That's just how it is. No one is perfect at discerning the Holy Spirit's answer to their prayers. Or He might have different timing for giving His answer to one person compared to another.

That doesnt surprise me. We could study that book for a lifetime and not get it all. I bet we still study it in the next life. He said His word will never pass away, so it'll be there in His Library. Like you say, that's just how it is for us. We're all slow learners, lol.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness. Who do you think you're talking to here, some "babe in Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:1)? Do you really think I don't already understand all these things you're telling me? I absolutely do. I tell people frequently that the key to understanding scripture is found right here:

Ok, that's good.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

I do this frequently. It's the key to gaining wisdom. But, it's not a mystery of how to attain it. It's quite simple. We merely have to ask for it. As long as you believe God will give it to you and don't doubt then "it WILL be given to you".

It is quite simple. But it can be time consuming. If you are not in front of your Bible, then He can't teach you...as fast. Gaining Godly knowledge takes more than simply praying for it and going your way. You have to be present in school.

What it comes to I think is that famous quote by Jack Nicholson, You can'y handle the truth. (I can't handle the truth either!). We have a capacity for spiritual matters that grows as we go along.

Praying oh Lord download to me all the answers...just don't work without study.

Another thing I suspect is, The longer one goes without going before the presence of God in His word, the less of what they had learned sticks with them. You lose it and fall out of being tuned in to the Spirit.

That's in a parable I think.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. How ironic for you to say that to me.

I would use a different word than "astute" to describe that belief.

No, silly. We never go through His wrath, as I have said I don't know how many times before. Do we have to be taken off of the earth to avoid any of His wrath that doesn't come down upon the entire earth? No, right? So, you don't get it. We don't need to be taken off of the earth until right before what is described in 1 Thess 5:2-3 and 2 Peter 3:10-12 occurs.

You're not saying anything to me here, you're talking to a straw man. I never have said we would ever have to go through God's wrath. Not even close. Okay?

Not what I said at all. Not even close.

It seems like that's what most people think.
Why did God do this to me?
People are aways wanting to blame God for their own poor choices. That's no way to learn.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 4:15-5:7 says:For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden [Gr. aifnídios meaning suddenly] destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Where in the Bible does it say that a seven-year tribulation is the wrath of God? You are just making this up as you go.
The wrath of God follows the tribulation. The tribulation is over at the 6th seal, just like the Word says.

Likening Christ’s return to “a thief in the night” capably serves to impress the surprising nature of this coming for the lost. It shows that the wicked are caught abruptly and unprepared in their folly at the apocalypse. The “sudden destruction” is so impactful that we are told none escape ("they shall not escape"). This couldn't be clearer. The wicked are totally and completely destroyed, allowing no room for the Pretrib theory of survivors or a subsequent 7yrs trib.

Paul, speaking expressly to God's people about this wholesale destruction, comforts them: "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief." What day? Plainly, and contextually, he is speaking about "the day of the Lord." He is describing "the coming of the Lord." Why does that day not "overtake" them "as a thief"? Because they are prepared. They are ready, watching and waiting for their Lord's return. After describing the awful terror of "the day of the Lord," he solemnly admonishes the “brethren” in Thessalonica in a distinctly inclusive way “let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” And continues, “let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love.” Paul does not dissociate the Church from this day, rather the opposite, but warns it against being sleepy when it arrives. The whole Church (“wake or sleep” or alive/dead in Christ) is at this stage rescued from the “sudden destruction” for the expressed reason that “God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.” Those that belong to Christ are immediately and in total rescued before this final and “sudden” annihilation.
The tribulation is over at the 6th seal. You have no clue about that.

Then the 1 year wrath of God begins.

You have the Church going through the wrath of God. This alone prove you have no clue.

The wrath of God that arrives on this climactic day is notably described as “sudden destruction.” This whole narrative is a record of Christ’s one and only future coming. Contrary to what Pretribs impute into this text (namely that that Christ is only coming “for” His saints), this reading describes how Christ comes both “with” and “for” His people the next time. 1 Thessalonians 4:14 explicitly states, “them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.” Those living will be “caught up” to meet Jesus when He appears. This is the ultimate uniting of the elect on earth (the live in Christ) and those in heaven (the dead in Christ).
Christ comes for the Church before the tribulation begins. Christ comes again at the 6th seal which is the second coming.

Furthermore, the word rendered “sudden” in 1 Thessalonians 5:3 is the Greek word aifnídios meaning unawares, and the accompanying word olethros used here means ruin, death and/or destruction. Therefore, we can deduce from this reading that the Lord’s Coming sees the ‘unexpected ruin or destruction’ of all those left behind at the catching away.The Greek word aifnídios is only found in one other passage in Scripture – Luke 21:33-36. Here it is also identified with the unexpected nature of the second coming, where Christ declares: Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares [Gr. aifnídios meaning suddenly]. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”
I'm not even going to waste my time seeing if you have changed the Greek as you are prone to do.

The words of Christ in Luke 21:33-36 agree with 1 Thessalonians 4:15-5:7 and prove the coming of Christ is final and climactic. It sees the rescue of all the elect and the destruction of all the wicked. It ushers in the end of the world. The escape is indeed the catching away that occurs before the wrath of God is poured out when Jesus comes, when heaven and earth pass away, when creation is regenerated and all the wicked are destroyed.
LOL. Wasting my time.........................................................................................

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrath of God follows the tribulation. The tribulation is over at the 6th seal, just like the Word says.

The tribulation is over at the 6th seal. You have no clue about that.

Then the 1 year wrath of God begins.

You have the Church going through the wrath of God. This alone prove you have no clue.

Christ comes for the Church before the tribulation begins. Christ comes again at the 6th seal which is the second coming.

I'm not even going to waste my time seeing if you have changed the Greek as you are prone to do.

LOL. Wasting my time.........................................................................................
You obviously cannot handle the clear scriptural passages in the Word that teach a climatic coming of Jesus. That is why you constantly duck around what is presented. This is a widespread pattern with Pretribbers on forums like this. The onlooker can see that for himself. It only serves to reinforce the Posttrib position.

You cannot engage or step out of what you have been taught. It colors your view of every Scripture. It is the Word of God that demolishes your doctrine. Until you actually address what the Bible is saying it is pointless talking to you. You are living in total denial. Sad!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 4:14-5:9 declares: “if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming [Gr. parousia] of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain ‘shall be caught up’ [Gr. harpazō] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.”
1 Thessalonians 4:14-5:9 declares: “if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming [Gr. parousia] of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain ‘shall be caught up’ [Gr. harpazō] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Why does Paul not say. BUT OF THE TIME AND SEASON???????????? He says but of the times and seasons.
Just more proof of two raptures. You best open up your eyes, there is not much time left.

There is no 7-year trib here. There is no trib period. You have to addb it unto Scripture. That is what Pretrib is and does.
There is no 70th week of Daniel here either. But there is a 70th week of Daniel.

Please see here: “the coming of the Lord” and “the day of the Lord” are shown to refer to the same climactic day. This is the end! Jesus comes on the “day of the Lord” as a “thief in the night.” He rescues His people, but equally His appearing sees the “sudden” and total “destruction” of the wicked: “they shall not escape.” There is no suggestion of survivors. None are in the passage.

The Holy Spirit could hardly have made this clearer: “they shall not escape.” This totally negates the whole Pretrib and Premil paradigm of countless wicked mortals saturating the new earth.

If the day of the Lord here relates to a third coming, as most Pretribbers argue, and they relate this to the event of Revelation 19, then why is this describing the wicked, who are experiencing the 7 years tribulation, as declaring “Peace and safety”? Surely this is a period of the wrath of God being poured out on all those left behind according to Pretrib theology?
There is no 7 years of tribulation. And there certainly is not 2000 year of tribilation OF THOSE DAYS.

Reactions: MA2444

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously cannot handle the clear scriptural passages in the Word that teach a climatic coming of Jesus. That is why you constantly duck around what is presented. This is a widespread pattern with Pretribbers on forums like this. The onlooker can see that for himself. It only serves to reinforce the Posttrib position.

You cannot engage or step out of what you have been taught. It colors your view of every Scripture. It is the Word of God that demolishes your doctrine. Until you actually address what the Bible is saying it is pointless talking to you. You are living in total denial. Sad!
LOL. Who teaches the truth of two raptures? WHO AM I BEING TAUGHT BY???????????? Pick somebody. Anybody.

Additionally, when we realize the truth that there is also a post trib rapture at the 6th seal, your position goes up in smoke.