The Galilean wedding is the model for the pre-trib rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is a complete failure. The Jewish Wedding contains no reference to Pretrib, and Pretribbers try to insert their beliefs into a Wedding that contains none of their elements. Arguing through the use of "symbolic interpretations" ensued, and were doubled down upon, to no avail. No Pretrib in Jewish Weddings.

This is Pretrib at its finest. Proof by subjective interpretations of symbolic language and parables. I'll say it for the 100th time: faith in biblical doctrine requires the Bible to state things in doctrinal fashion. Anything else is conjecture, speculation, or actual reading into a passage something that isn't explicitly there.

Reactions: Brakelite and WPM

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is called analogy. My little parable.
But since you failed at the virgins parable, your lack of understanding, is, ironically, understandable.
Says the guy who has been desperately ducking around my rebuttal because he cannot refute any of it. Constant avoidance and ad hominem is all you have.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph = escape from pottifers wife
The baby Jesus = escape to Egypt.
The Holy remnant Jews= ESCAPE to possibly Petra.
The church escapes in the 7 letters of Rev.

Concerning temptation, God says he makes a way of escape.

Jesus said " pray that you may be counted worthy to escape the things about to come upon the Earth and to stand before the son of man"

Lot = escape from the trib coming to Sodom.

The two Hebrew spies = escaped from a window at Jericho.

The church escapes the trib as Jesus declared, " Before the Flood there was one taken and one left . Watch and Pray for the Lord Jesus return"

You = God never says, or uses , "escape", for his covenant remnant family.

Bible says different than your teachers.
They have made fools of their followers.
What has this to do with some man-made Pretrib rapture?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please. After you supported what you buddy did, save it.
What are you talking about? Why will you not acknowledge that you are making up new definitions for words? Too proud to admit it? You can only make Revelation 3:10 fit your doctrine by making up definitions for the Greek words "tereo" and "ek" that don't exist. And you feel no shame for that? I showed you John 17:15 which proves that those words don't mean what you want them to mean and you just ignore that.

5 wise 5 foolish.
And your point is?

Reactions: WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has this to do with some man-made Pretrib rapture?
Nothing, of course. They don't even try to present arguments by quoting scripture and showing how it exactly supports their claims. What reason can there be for that except that they know they can't?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing, of course. They don't even try to present arguments by quoting scripture and showing how it exactly supports their claims. What reason can there be for that except that they know they can't?
Agreed, but it is worse: they cannot address, exegete or refute anything the is presented to them. All they can do is present evasive, insulting and erroneous soundbites. Look back on this thread. They have nothing of actual evidential biblical weight to challenge us with.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you can't figure out that this proves nothing.

What does this change. Does it change Rev 3:10? Nope.
You don't get it do you? There is an absolutely nothing in this passage supports your invented Pretrib theory. You know what. That is why you cannot quote it.

Do you not realize that this was an actual real promise that was given to a literal church 2000 years ago relating to an impending persecution which they were to be protected from? You totally nullify the meaning and people it was primarily addressed to. You have to in order to fit your error.

There is no doubt from this passage that the Church is portrayed as the particular focus of the devil’s assaults. However, it is also equally depicted as being the subject of the protection of God and of being kept from the hour of trial that has engulfed the world. No rapture is mentioned to rescue her from the attacks of the enemy, or spare her the tests of this present age. No, the Church is simply sheltered beneath the sovereign hand of God in this battle. The wonderful assurance that is embodied within this reading, although written initially to “the seven churches,” relates also to the Church generally and to a period subsequent to the ascension. Revelation 12:5 describes how Christ “was caught up unto God, and to his throne.” Christ promises the church protection from arrows of the devil in Matthew 16:18, saying, “I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not guests.
Guests don't wait for the groom.

They went into the marriage chamber.
The groom gathers his bride.
Note the word "groom"
Note 50 % taken, 50% left behind.
As in the other 50-50 ( one taken/ left) you needed changed around.
You made up "guests" out of nowhere or got it from other postribs who also need the parable changed.
SMH
When the rapture occurs, what happens to those left behind? They are left alive to experience tribulation for 7 years or however long you think it is? That's not what Jesus said.

Luke 17:30 “It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31 On that day no one who is on the housetop, with possessions inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. 32 Remember Lot’s wife! 33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36] [e] 37 “Where, Lord?” they asked. He replied, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.”

Jesus made it very clear that those who are left will be killed. Those taken will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. What mortal survivors does this leave to go through tribulation after a supposed pre-trib rapture?

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, but it is worse: they cannot address, exegete or refute anything the is presented to them. All they can do is present evasive, insulting and erroneous soundbites. Look back on this thread. They have nothing of actual evidential biblical weight to challenge us with.
Agree completely. And any objective person following along can clearly see that as well.

Reactions: WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you can't figure out that this proves nothing.

What does this change. Does it change Rev 3:10? Nope.
It certainly means that Revelation 3:10 has nothing to do with a pre-trib rapture since it has to do with people being protected from something while on the earth rather than being taken off of the earth.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone want to attempt to unpack the virgins parable of mat 25????

Or who the 50-50 taken/ left are of mat 24???
So simple and basic. Everyone can see it. Correct?????
Ok just try
What can it hurt?????
We have, and you could not refute. The reader can see your avoidance and the impotence of your position. Checkmate a long time ago. It is a dead doctrine. It is time to give Pretrib a decent burial.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you rebuttals are easily dispatched when we realize there are two raptures. One before the seals are opened and one immediately after the tribulation. And it's not the current Church that is raptured from the earth immediately after the tribulation. Additionally, you have the Church going through the wrath of God when we are not appointed to wrath.

Right but it's not the tribulation OF THOSE DAYS. The tribulation of those days does not begin until the AOD is set up.

Your view is POST WRATH and you don't even understand that.
You do not seem to have any grasp of the difference between the tribulation of God's saints and the wrath of God upon the wicked. To you they are synonymous. Talk about theological naivety. This is just one of numerous issues that expose the folly of Pretrib.

The wrath of God is not something believers experience because they are under God’s blessing and protection. God preserves His people. The shepherd is invested in His sheep.

Where Pretribbers err majorly on this subject is when they automatically equate “wrath” with “tribulation” (and specifically their theory of a 7-year tribulation following a rapture of the Church). This is a glaring theological error. It is a faulty premise. If this was so then there are many contradictions in Scripture that conflict with this theory. Sadly, they construct a whole school of thought on this flawed foundation.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brakelite

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
STRONGS NT 1537: ἐκ

ἐκ, before a vowel ἐξ, a preposition governing the genitive. Also, it denotes exit or emission out of, as separation from, something with which there has been close connection; opposed to the prepositions εἰς into and ἐν in: from out of, out from, forth from

Houston
We have a problem
Lol
You quoted this direct from Strong's Greek: 1537. ἐκ (ek or ex) -- from, from out of presenting this as if you worded this. You never give the site credit. This is plagiarism. This exposes your own character and how bereft you are of any rebuttal. Why am i not surprised. You have run out of excuses. Your doctrine is dead.

Shame on you. You have lost the plot!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about? Why will you not acknowledge that you are making up new definitions for words? Too proud to admit it? You can only make Revelation 3:10 fit your doctrine by making up definitions for the Greek words "tereo" and "ek" that don't exist. And you feel no shame for that? I showed you John 17:15 which proves that those words don't mean what you want them to mean and you just ignore that.
Absolute Baloney

You think because Jesus was praying to keep the disciples from evil that changes Rev 3:10. Wow.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not seem to have any grasp of the difference between the tribulation of God's saints and the wrath of God upon the wicked. To you they are synonymous. Talk about theological naivety. This is just one of numerous issues that expose the folly of Pretrib.

The wrath of God is not something believers experience because they are under God’s blessing and protection. God preserves His people. The shepherd is invested in His sheep.
You think that the great tribulation and the wrath of God are the same timeframe. The tribulation of those days is over at the 6th seal. The 7th seal is the wrath of God.

Where Pretribbers err majorly on this subject is when they automatically equate “wrath” with “tribulation”
Sorry. That won't work with me. The tribulation is over before the wrath of God begins. You gotta come up with some new material because your current stuff won't fly because I understand there are two raptures. And both are over before the wrath of God begins.

(and specifically their theory of a 7-year tribulation following a rapture of the Church).
That won't work with me either. You need new material.

Additionally, you are in error thinking that the tribulation of those days started when the Church began. It cannot start until the AOD is set up.

Is there anything that you believe regarding end times that agrees with scripture??????????????????????

This is a glaring theological error.
Yeah. Well that error does not apply to me.
It is a faulty premise. If this was so then there are many contradictions in Scripture that conflict with this theory. Sadly, they construct a whole school of thought on this flawed foundation.
You need to get a grip and get some new material. Once it is understood there are two all your nonsense dissipates.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolute Baloney

You think because Jesus was praying to keep the disciples from evil that changes Rev 3:10. Wow.
This sums up the nature and depth of theological exegesis that we are getting from Pretribbers here. Lots of noise with zero substance. We are yet to be confronted with one single proof text for your beliefs. I wonder why? It doesn't exist. Sorry, it is found in 2 Imagination 3:2! It is all fizz and bubble.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think that the great tribulation and the wrath of God are the same timeframe. The tribulation of those days is over at the 6th seal. The 7th seal is the wrath of God.

Sorry. That won't work with me. The tribulation is over before the wrath of God begins. You gotta come up with some new material because your current stuff won't fly because I understand there are two raptures. And both are over before the wrath of God begins.

That won't work with me either. You need new material.

Additionally, you are in error thinking that the tribulation of those days started when the Church began. It cannot start until the AOD is set up.

Is there anything that you believe regarding end times that agrees with scripture??????????????????????

Yeah. Well that error does not apply to me.

You need to get a grip and get some new material. Once it is understood there are two all your nonsense dissipates.

God preserves His elect in the midst of judgments. The Hebrews were protected in the Old Testament. Exodus 6:6 teaches: “Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments.”

Exodus 8:22-23 instructs: “And I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, in which my people dwell, that no swarms of flies shall be there; to the end thou mayest know that I am
the LORD in the midst of the earth. And I will put a division between my people and thy people: to morrow shall this sign be.”

God has not called us the Church to suffer His wrath. But it does not say we would not suffer the wrath of Satan and man – that is tribulation. Nowhere does it say we are exempt from being persecuted by the enemy and suffer tribulation on this earth. Quite the opposite. Believers are promised they will suffer tribulation in this intra-Advent period is we are prepared to be real.

There is nowhere in Scripture that tells us how long the tribulation is. All we know is that the true Church has been always been in tribulation. It has been going since the stoning of Stephen.

Last edited: