The Galilean wedding is the model for the pre-trib rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. My belief is that the approach we should take is to establish the foundation of our doctrine on clear, straightforward scripture. And only after doing that should we try to interpret the more difficult scriptures contained in prophetic books that undeniably contain a lot of symbolism. Not that they only contain symbolism, but there's still a good amount of it.

But, the pretrib approach is just the opposite. The foundation of their doctrine is based upon interpretations of some of the most highly debatable verses and passages in all of scripture and they force what should be clear and straightforward scriptures to agree with their interpretations of those other highly debatable scriptures.
Yes rev14: 14 is a debate to you.
I just read it and believe it.
"Before the flood" of mat 24 is a debate to you.
I just read it and see 50-50 are gathered/ left
BEFORE the flood.
You read Acts 1 and see Jesus leaving on a horse going to kill the beast, with millions of saints on horses .( postribber " like manner ")
I just read it and see what it says.
( a solo Jesus quietly leaving with only his People involved, in peacetime and normal life)
Postribbers are oblivious to the phrase " like manner"

Reactions: MA2444

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very well put!
Lol
Re read it.
How ignorant to leave out " before the flood"
Then none of you can come up with who the 50-50 are.
Pssssst..... that 50-50 deal has all of you grasping and gasping.
Something so simple and you guys all failed!
OMG... Literally hilarious what you guys stumble over.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree: you have nothing! You never will have anything. It is a false teaching. It is extra-biblical. I suspect you know.
It is called analogy. My little parable.
But since you failed at the virgins parable, your lack of understanding, is, ironically, understandable.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That may be reasonable to some. I require actual statements that are intended to have doctrinal implications. Visions are not those unless statements made within those visions express truths we are to understand and believe as such. I don't see that in Rev 4 and 5.

For example, I can understand and believe as doctrine the biblical statement that Jesus is Lord or that Jesus is the image of the invisible God. But a vision often requires that we put things together and surmise what the implications mean. They aren't the same as doctrinal statements.

I'm not a Catholic basher either--sorry if I misunderstood. There are still good Catholics around, though I do believe that Catholic tradition hurts Christians. Catholics, in my understanding, teach both the word of God and Catholic tradition. I don't know any Catholic who is totally ignorant of God's word. They tend to be moral, spiritual people, even among those who are ignorant.

I'm glad you believe the Bible. We're not trying to join a group or a school. We're just trying to be honest with God and with ourselves, right?

I'll say it again because I don't think you understand my position on this. The 6th Seal is opened but does not indicate a chronological sequence between the opening of the 5th and 7th seals. It is only opened in time with respect to the narrative. John himself sees the 6th seal opened between the 5th and 7th seals. But his vision is not equal to the actual history being represented.

The 6th Seal is, I agree, a depiction of Christ's Coming. But it is a *prolepsis,* a vision of the 2nd Coming as if it happens in the 6th Seal. Jesus' 2nd Coming can be presented in any of the 7 seals! It doesn't mean Jesus would come 7 different times! It just means that each vision is showing different aspects of the same 2nd Coming. That's just how I see it--you don't have to agree.

But thanks for the conversation. We have the same Spirit, the same righteousness, the same Christ, the same God. And we do share the same Scriptures--we just have to work at it! ;)
"I'm glad you believe the Bible. We're not trying to join a group or a school. We're just trying to be honest with God and with ourselves, right?"

Who are the 50-50 taken,left of mat 24?
What setting is declared in "before the flood " of mat 24?
What part of the trib, is Jesus coming with a sickle?
(No horses, not the main rapture of 1 thes 4?)
" honestly " address the verses

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think the ones "left behind" are left alive after a pre-trib rapture. Jesus very clearly indicated otherwise.

Luke 17:33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36] [e] 37 “Where, Lord?” they asked. He replied, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.

This very clearly indicates that the ones who are not caught up to meet the Lord in the air will be killed, leaving their dead bodies for the vultures to feast on. But, go ahead and keep ignoring the scriptures like this that contradict your view if that's what you want to do. You cherry pick verses out of context while ignoring other verses.
So before the flood the wicked are left and killed.

Huh????
That postrib talking point looks like a huge fail from where I sit.

See this is what I mean
You guys cannot possibly understand, or unpack who the 50/50 are that are taken and left behind.
You have no clue
Your doctrine now has half the world as righteous, half heathen, and all heathens, on the planet killed before the flood.

Dear lord are you guys ever screwed up!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think the ones "left behind" are left alive after a pre-trib rapture. Jesus very clearly indicated otherwise.

Luke 17:33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36] [e] 37 “Where, Lord?” they asked. He replied, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.

This very clearly indicates that the ones who are not caught up to meet the Lord in the air will be killed, leaving their dead bodies for the vultures to feast on. But, go ahead and keep ignoring the scriptures like this that contradict your view if that's what you want to do. You cherry pick verses out of context while ignoring other verses.
So before the flood the wicked are left and killed.
All that is left on the planet is righteous????
Huh????
That postrib talking point looks like a huge fail from where I sit.

See this is what I mean
You guys cannot possibly understand, or unpack who the 50/50 are that are taken and left behind.
You have no clue
Your doctrine now has half the world as righteous, half heathen, and all heathens, on the planet killed before the flood.
Dear lord are you guys ever screwed up!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual Israelite said:
"""Beyond all that, why does anyone need to be taken out of the world to avoid temptation? God can't help us with that while we're still on the earth? Of course He can. There's no reason at all to interpret it the way you do. So, please rethink your understanding of Revelation 3:10."""
Joseph ran.
He did not follow your advice.
Really wish you could have mentored him.
Oh, wait, ....no,no,no!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. Plus, Revelation 3:10 has absolutely nothing to do with being taken out of the world (nothing to do with a rapture). The words "keep...from" in that verse are translated from the Greek words "tereo" and "ek" which are also used in this verse:

John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep (tereo) them from (ek) the evil.

In this verse the words are used in the context of being protected while still in the world rather than being taken out of the world. Jesus even specifically prayed that His disciples not be taken out of the world.
ek or ex: from, from out of
Original Word: ἐκ, ἐξ
Part of Speech: Preposition
Transliteration: ek or ex
Phonetic Spelling: (ek)
Definition: from, from out of
Usage: from out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards.
HELPS Word-studies
1537 ek (a preposition, written eks before a vowel) – properly, "out from and to" (the outcome); out from within. 1537 /ek ("out of") is one of the most under-translated (and therefore mis-translated) Greek propositions – often being confined to the meaning "by." 1537 (ek) has a two-layered meaning ("out from and to") which makes it out-come oriented (out of the depths of the source and extending to its impact on the object).

Really gets old seeing postribbers get most everything wrong

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read the phrase in question and the one that Pretribbers try to use to justify their beliefs: "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep [Gr. tēreō] thee from [Gr. ek] the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

Once again: there is nothing clear (or ambiguous) here that proves a rapture of the church, followed by any length of sustained tribulation followed by a 3rd coming, nothing. You need to be taught Pretrib and then force it into this text in order to see that. In fact, you have no proof-text anywhere in Scripture that states this.

What you miss is, the same assurance that we find in Revelation 3:10 is found in our Lord’s Prayer in John 17:15 (only it was written a few years before). The comparison cannot be lightly dismissed as both were penned by the same author in the same biblical time-period. Praying to His Father for His followers He petitioned: “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep [Gr. tēreō] them from [Gr. ek] the evil.”

Other similar Scripture shows us the sense of the original Greek. But you also totally ignored that. Check #4385. It is impossible to get you to address the multiple holes in your argument.

Christ does not ask the Father to ‘take them out’ of the world with its existing tribulation, suffering and inherent evil, as the Pretrib argues, rather the opposite, but that by the power of His Spirit, He would “keep them from” the surrounding evil. This is the same thought that Christ is presenting in Revelation 3:10. Interestingly, a careful comparison between these two passages reveals the remarkable similarity in their import and word construction.
  • keep [Gr. tēreō] them from [Gr. ek] the evil” (John 17:15)
  • keep [Gr. tēreō] thee from [Gr. ek] the hour of temptation” (Revelation 3:10)
It is God's heart to protect His children. He did it in the OT and He did it in the New Testament. He did it yesterday, He does it today, and He will do it tomorrow. He did not rapture Israel from similar plagues in Egypt. He did not remove Rahab and her family before He destroyed Jericho. No, He preserved His elect and brought them through those fierce times of wrath. He did not remove Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from the fiery furnace. He did not rescue Daniel from the lion’s den. No, He preserved His elect during times of intense persecution by the enemy.
HELPS Word-studies
1537 ek (a preposition, written eks before a vowel) – properly, "out from and to" (the outcome); out from within. 1537 /ek ("out of") is one of the most under-translated (and therefore mis-translated) Greek propositions – often being confined to the meaning "by." 1537 (ek) has a two-layered meaning ("out from and to") which makes it out-come oriented (out of the depths of the source and extending to its impact on the object).

Really Gets old taking you guys to school on most everything

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does he have only one?
This is what I mean by no postribber can unpack it.
You guys LITERALLY CAN NOT.
It is so comical.
The ENTIRE parable testifies so heavily against you guys.
More avoidance. Answer a question with a question is deflection.

Pretribbers have no answer to any query. Pretrib needs a decent burial.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Revelation 19:1-10
1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Some thoughts on Revelation 19:9
“the marriage banquet of the Lamb.” There will be a huge feast, referred to as a wedding banquet, during Christ’s Millennial Kingdom on earth, in fact, the banquet will likely occur soon after Christ sets up the Kingdom. Isaiah 25:6 speaks of this feast, and Jesus taught about it. We learn from Revelation 21:2, 9-10, that the “Bride of Christ” are those people who are saved, both Jew and Gentile, and we can see this also in the way Jesus speaks of the wedding banquet—that both Jews and Gentiles are there (Matt. 8:11).

The Greek word translated “banquet” is deipnon (#1173 δεῖπνον), and in the Greek and Roman world deipnon usually referred to the large formal and elaborate meal at the end of the day. However, it was used in other ways as well; sometimes it referred to just a regular meal, sometimes to a feast or banquet (Matt. 23:6; Luke 14:17; 20:46), and sometimes it was used of ritual meals, such as the Christian Love Feasts (which later became more commonly known as the Lord’s Supper or “communion;” 1 Cor. 11:20; cp. Jude 1:12). So the exact meaning of deipnon, and thus how to accurately bring it into English, depends upon the context. Here in Revelation 19:9, it refers to the great banquet that will occur in the Kingdom of Heaven, so “banquet” is a good translation.

Due to the long tradition of versions such as the Geneva Bible (1599), the King James (1611); and the Douay-Rheims (1899), which all read “marriage supper of the Lamb” the feast in the Kingdom is often called the “marriage supper” by theologians and Bible teachers.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HELPS Word-studies

The Greek word tēreō actually comes up twice in Revelation 3:10: “Because thou hast kept (tēreō) the word of my patience, I also will keep (tēreō) thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.”

The word means:

to attend to carefully, take care of,
to guard,
to keep, one in the state in which he is,
to observe,
to reserve: to undergo something,

The Greek word tēreō derives from the word tēreō which literally means ‘a watch or guard (from loss or injury, properly, by keeping the eye upon’.

These words, and their generally-accepted meanings, ooze preservation, care and protection. They fit in with the constant biblical theme of God looking after His people in the midst of a dark evil world. What is more, they fit perfectly with the consistent context and usage of the word elsewhere in the inspired text.

A basic analysis of the original Greek text shows us that the meaning and thrust literally reads: Because thou hast kept or attended to or taken care of the word I also will keep or attend to or take care of thee.”

Basically:
“them that honour me I will honour” (1 Samuel 2:30).

An examination of the usage of the Greek word tereo elsewhere in Scripture shows the error of the Pretrib interpretation. In fact, it forbids such a forced, bias and mistaken meaning.

The Pretribulation interpretation of the word as ‘to remove or take away’ is shown to be totally untenable. It butchers the literal meaning of the word. It gives it a connotation that cannot in any way fit with its usage elsewhere in Scripture. In fact, it forces it to mean the opposite to what it actually means. Applying the Pretrib meaning to other texts that use the same word ends up changing the whole meaning and sense of multiple Scriptures. In fact, many end up saying the opposite to what they are actually saying. Let us look at some examples.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HELPS Word-studies

Contrasts

To highlight the irrational and nonsensical nature of Pretrib hermeneutics. We need to apply their mistaken interpretation to other passages that carry the same Greek word.

Matthew 19:17 reads:
“Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, (tēreō) keep the commandments.”

Pretrib would have Matthew 19:17 read: “Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, (tēreō) remove or take away the commandments.”

This would be absurd. It expresses the opposite meaning to what is intended.

John 8:51 reads:
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man (tēreō) keep my saying, he shall never see death.”

Pretrib would have John 8:51 read: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man (tēreō) remove or take away my saying, he shall never see death.”

John 15:10-20 reads: “If ye (tēreō) keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have (tēreō) kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love … Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have (tēreō) kept my saying, they will (tēreō) keep yours also.”

Pretrib would have John 15:10-20 read: “If ye (tēreō) remove or take away my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have (tēreō) removed or taken away my Father's commandments, and abide in his love … Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have (tēreō) removed or taken away my saying, they will (tēreō) remove or take away yours also.”

Ephesians 4:3 reads: “Endeavouring to (tēreō) keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

Pretrib would have Ephesians 4:3 read: “Endeavouring (tēreō) to remove or take away the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

Philippians 4:7 reads: “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall (tēreō) keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Pretrib would have Philippians 4:7 read: “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall (tēreō) remove or take away your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

2 Timothy 1:12 reads: “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able (teros) to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”

Pretrib would have 2 Timothy 1:12 read: “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able (tēreō) to remove or take away that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Jude 1:24 reads: “Now unto him that is able (tēreō) to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.”

Pretrib would have Jude 1:24 read: “Now unto him that is able (tēreō) to remove or take away you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.”

Reactions: Brakelite

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Pretibbers seem incapable of addressing Posttrib rebuttals. I wonder why? They expose your position.

The mark is spiritual. It has been on the go since Cain. Those who take it end up eternally damned.

God's people have always been in tribulation.
They can not buy or sell without it.
Boils come up on those with the mark.
Rev14 and 13 have the mark declared in the hand or forehead 6 or 7 times

No way is it not a literal mark

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrasts

To highlight the irrational and nonsensical nature of Pretrib hermeneutics. We need to apply their mistaken interpretation to other passages that carry the same Greek word.

“Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, (tēreō) keep the commandments.”

Pretrib would have Matthew 19:17 read: “Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, (tēreō) remove or take away the commandments.”

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man (tēreō) keep my saying, he shall never see death.”

Pretrib would have John 8:51 read: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man (tēreō) remove or take away my saying, he shall never see death.”

John 15:10-20 reads: “If ye (tēreō) keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have (tēreō) kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love … Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have (tēreō) kept my saying, they will (tēreō) keep yours also.”

Pretrib would have John 15:10-20 read: “If ye (tēreō) remove or take away my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have (tēreō) removed or taken away my Father's commandments, and abide in his love … Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have (tēreō) removed or taken away my saying, they will (tēreō) remove or take away yours also.”

Ephesians 4:3 reads: “Endeavouring to (tēreō) keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

Pretrib would have Ephesians 4:3 read: “Endeavouring (tēreō) to remove or take away the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

Philippians 4:7 reads: “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall (tēreō) keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Pretrib would have Philippians 4:7 read: “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall (tēreō) remove or take away your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

2 Timothy 1:12 reads: “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able (teros) to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”

Pretrib would have 2 Timothy 1:12 read: “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able (tēreō) to remove or take away that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Jude 1:24 reads: “Now unto him that is able (tēreō) to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.”

Pretrib would have Jude 1:24 read: “Now unto him that is able (tēreō) to remove or take away you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.”
.I looked it up.
I got it from the Greek inter-linear.
You did a copy paste out of some postribber workbook.
Go to a Greek interlinear
Stop trusting those " teachers" that are making a fool of you.
What site did you copy paste from?

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word tēreō actually comes up twice in Revelation 3:10: “Because thou hast kept (tēreō) the word of my patience, I also will keep (tēreō) thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.”

The word means:

to attend to carefully, take care of,
to guard,
to keep, one in the state in which he is,
to observe,
to reserve: to undergo something,

The Greek word tēreō derives from the word tēreō which literally means ‘a watch or guard (from loss or injury, properly, by keeping the eye upon’.

These words, and their generally-accepted meanings, ooze preservation, care and protection. They fit in with the constant biblical theme of God looking after His people in the midst of a dark evil world. What is more, they fit perfectly with the consistent context and usage of the word elsewhere in the inspired text.

A basic analysis of the original Greek text shows us that the meaning and thrust literally reads: Because thou hast kept or attended to or taken care of the word I also will keep or attend to or take care of thee.”

Basically:
“them that honour me I will honour” (1 Samuel 2:30).

An examination of the usage of the Greek word tereo elsewhere in Scripture shows the error of the Pretrib interpretation. In fact, it forbids such a forced, bias and mistaken meaning.

The Pretribulation interpretation of the word as ‘to remove or take away’ is shown to be totally untenable. It butchers the literal meaning of the word. It gives it a connotation that cannot in any way fit with its usage elsewhere in Scripture. In fact, it forces it to mean the opposite to what it actually means. Applying the Pretrib meaning to other texts that use the same word ends up changing the whole meaning and sense of multiple Scriptures. In fact, many end up saying the opposite to what they are actually saying. Let us look at some examples.
Note THAT YOU LEFT OUT "EK" ( STRONGS 1537)

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrasts

STRONGS NT 1537: ἐκ

ἐκ, before a vowel ἐξ, a preposition governing the genitive. Also, it denotes exit or emission out of, as separation from, something with which there has been close connection; opposed to the prepositions εἰς into and ἐν in: from out of, out from, forth from, from, (Latine, ex) (cf. Winers Grammar, 364, 366f (343f); Buttmann, 326f (281)). It is used

Following the postribbber false doctrine is exceedingly foolish.
They lied to you friend.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How dishonest you are! I've cited Dan 7 as the original source of Postrib. I've cited the Olivet Discourse as Jesus' statement that he will *only* come when he comes from heaven. I've cited 2 Thes 2 where Paul doctrinally demands acceptance that Christ will only come when he comes to destroy Antichrist "with the breath of his mouth." I've cited Revelation as showing the dead are raised in the 1st resurrection, after Christians have been martyred by Antichrist.

I can't argue with a dishonest person. You can say anything you like, but it won't prove anything to you, because you don't care about what's true. You only care about "being right."
Pot <> kettle friend
Get real
Stop playing little games

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are completely missing the point. The Greek words translated as "keep...from" (tereo and ek) are never used in terms of being taken out of the world, but rather in terms of being protected from something while in the world. Don't make up a definition for "tereo...ek" that doesn't exist. I see that so often on here. People make up definitions for words that don't exist in order to make scripture support their doctrines. It's ridiculous and wrong. Don't do that.

Beyond all that, why does anyone need to be taken out of the world to avoid temptation? God can't help us with that while we're still on the earth? Of course He can. There's no reason at all to interpret it the way you do. So, please rethink your understanding of Revelation 3:10.
STRONGS NT 1537: ἐκ

ἐκ, before a vowel ἐξ, a preposition governing the genitive. Also, it denotes exit or emission out of, as separation from, something with which there has been close connection; opposed to the prepositions εἰς into and ἐν in: from out of, out from, forth from, from, (Latine, ex) (cf. Winers Grammar, 364, 366f (343f); Buttmann, 326f (281)). It is used

Appalled at what you guys do to the truth