The Galilean wedding is the model for the pre-trib rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by that exactly? Do you just mean there won't be a literal wedding? Surely, there will at least be a wedding in a figurative sense. How do you interpret this parable:

Matthew 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. 4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. 5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: 6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. 7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. 11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
It's a parable. There is no actual meaning. A parable is a short fictitious story.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are completely missing the point. The Greek words translated as "keep...from" (tereo and ek) are never used in terms of being taken out of the world, but rather in terms of being protected from something while in the world. Don't make up a definition for "tereo...ek" that doesn't exist. I see that so often on here. People make up definitions for words that don't exist in order to make scripture support their doctrines. It's ridiculous and wrong. Don't do that.

Please. After you supported what you buddy did, save it.
Beyond all that, why does anyone need to be taken out of the world to avoid temptation? God can't help us with that while we're still on the earth? Of course He can. There's no reason at all to interpret it the way you do. So, please rethink your understanding of Revelation 3:10.
5 wise 5 foolish.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep making sweeping statements like this yet fail to give any evidence to support your speculations. That is because it doesn't support your thesis.
Rev 4
4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

You have already admitted: you have zero support for a Pretrib rapture in Revelation.
I have admitted it you could rub 2 sticks together you could figure it out.''
It's a good thing we are not in court. They would have to strike all the nonsense from the records. There would be nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: MA2444

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 4
4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

I have admitted it you could rub 2 sticks together you could figure it out.''
It's a good thing we are not in court. They would have to strike all the nonsense from the records. There would be nothing.
You base your Pretrib belief on inference and implication. What you quote above relates to the here-and-now. It is the dead in Christ now before the throne of God in spirit. That is why you cannot find a Pretrib rapture before it - not here or anywhere else. If it was there, you and your 2 antagonists would have presented them before now. But you have not. You cannot.

Reactions: rwb

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What's the verse?
KJV Revelation 19:1-10
1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You base your Pretrib belief on inference and implication. What you quote above relates to the here-and-now. It is the dead in Christ now before the throne of God in spirit. That is why you cannot find a Pretrib rapture before it - not here or anywhere else. If it was there, you and your 2 antagonists would have presented them before now. But you have not. You cannot.
There is pretrib all over the scripture. There are two raptures all over the scripture.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All we need to do is quote Jesus.
KJV Matthew 24:27-31, 39, 41
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
The disciples asked, where are they being taken, the ones left behind? Jesus said, where the eagles are gathered. They become food for scavengers. Bird food. That's what those left behind are. Carcases left to root on the earth. From one end o of the earth to the other. They shall not be buried, but be like dung upon the ground. On an earth that is utterly wasted and uninhabitable.

The ten virgin's aren't the bride. They are the guests. And give refused to irritate themselves adequately for the marriage feast. Like the guest without the garment. Same scene. Guests. Not brides.
Not guests.
Guests don't wait for the groom.

They went into the marriage chamber.
The groom gathers his bride.
Note the word "groom"
Note 50 % taken, 50% left behind.
As in the other 50-50 ( one taken/ left) you needed changed around.
You made up "guests" out of nowhere or got it from other postribs who also need the parable changed.
SMH

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Revelation 19:1-10
1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Amen.
I am also pretribber and see the church in heaven during the tribulation as you pointed out.
I Also see as you do the bride has become the wife in heaven and marriage supper in heaven as you pointed out.
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read the phrase in question and the one that Pretribbers try to use to justify their beliefs: "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep [Gr. tēreō] thee from [Gr. ek] the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

Once again: there is nothing clear (or ambiguous) here that proves a rapture of the church, followed by any length of sustained tribulation followed by a 3rd coming, nothing. You need to be taught Pretrib and then force it into this text in order to see that. In fact, you have no proof-text anywhere in Scripture that states this.

What you miss is, the same assurance that we find in Revelation 3:10 is found in our Lord’s Prayer in John 17:15 (only it was written a few years before). The comparison cannot be lightly dismissed as both were penned by the same author in the same biblical time-period. Praying to His Father for His followers He petitioned: “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep [Gr. tēreō] them from [Gr. ek] the evil.”

Other similar Scripture shows us the sense of the original Greek. But you also totally ignored that. Check #4385. It is impossible to get you to address the multiple holes in your argument.

Christ does not ask the Father to ‘take them out’ of the world with its existing tribulation, suffering and inherent evil, as the Pretrib argues, rather the opposite, but that by the power of His Spirit, He would “keep them from” the surrounding evil. This is the same thought that Christ is presenting in Revelation 3:10. Interestingly, a careful comparison between these two passages reveals the remarkable similarity in their import and word construction.
  • keep [Gr. tēreō] them from [Gr. ek] the evil” (John 17:15)
  • keep [Gr. tēreō] thee from [Gr. ek] the hour of temptation” (Revelation 3:10)
It is God's heart to protect His children. He did it in the OT and He did it in the New Testament. He did it yesterday, He does it today, and He will do it tomorrow. He did not rapture Israel from similar plagues in Egypt. He did not remove Rahab and her family before He destroyed Jericho. No, He preserved His elect and brought them through those fierce times of wrath. He did not remove Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from the fiery furnace. He did not rescue Daniel from the lion’s den. No, He preserved His elect during times of intense persecution by the enemy.
...and yet the devil killed them all except John.
Exactly like the devil kills all refusing the mark.
Question:
Does the postrib workbook include that all die refusing the mark?????
I think you guys will be surprised at how fast technology will round you up for a headless appointment.
All of you will be martyred.
It clearly says every man woman and child whether free or Bond take the mark.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All we need to do is quote Jesus.
KJV Matthew 24:27-31, 39, 41
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
The disciples asked, where are they being taken, the ones left behind? Jesus said, where the eagles are gathered. They become food for scavengers. Bird food. That's what those left behind are. Carcases left to root on the earth. From one end o of the earth to the other. They shall not be buried, but be like dung upon the ground. On an earth that is utterly wasted and uninhabitable.

The ten virgin's aren't the bride. They are the guests. And give refused to irritate themselves adequately for the marriage feast. Like the guest without the garment. Same scene. Guests. Not brides.
Ahhh, so, let us see what you cleverly left out!
Actually not clever at all. A babe in christ with a Bible can see you changing the narrative.

Let's get some truth going shall we?
Mat 24
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Oh lookey there, you LEFT OUT THE SETTING!!!!
Before the trib/flood there is one taken, one left.
Hmmmmmm
Did the workbook you are taught from leave that out?
So you left out, the taken/ left before the flood
You left out watch for Jesus Before the Flood

you left out that the coming of the son of man will be as in the days of Noah Before the Flood.

And of course you left out the setting of Jesus, which of course, is Before the Flood... which cannot possibly be after the tribulation of those days.

So no wonder you don't think there's a pre-tribulation rapture.
You just flat leave it out.
Omission doctrine .
SMH.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and yet the devil killed them all except John.
Exactly like the devil kills all refusing the mark.
Question:
Does the postrib workbook include that all die refusing the mark?????
I think you guys will be surprised at how fast technology will round you up for a headless appointment.
All of you will be martyred.
It clearly says every man woman and child whether free or Bond take the mark.
You Pretibbers seem incapable of addressing Posttrib rebuttals. I wonder why? They expose your position.

The mark is spiritual. It has been on the go since Cain. Those who take it end up eternally damned.

God's people have always been in tribulation.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not guests.
Guests don't wait for the groom.

They went into the marriage chamber.
The groom gathers his bride.
Note the word "groom"
Note 50 % taken, 50% left behind.
As in the other 50-50 ( one taken/ left) you needed changed around.
You made up "guests" out of nowhere or got it from other postribs who also need the parable changed.
SMH
Does Jesus have 10 brides?

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you own are non-doctrinal statements that you stuff with your own Pretrib meaning and belief.
Like " before the flood" of mat 24?
I just read it and watch yall butcher it.

Rev 14: 14
Another one, I just read it, and report it ,while yelling never knew of it till we took you guys to school.
Not to mention the comical ,silly changes ,you guys do to the virgins parable.
( that one always is entertaining)
( I look forward to more laughter should any postribber " unpack " it)

Oh the irony!!!!