The Galilean wedding is the model for the pre-trib rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. Let's do this one

Proverbs 25:2
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.../KJV
I could miss some elements of this, and I would have to consult my brother. But initially I would suggest you read the next verse with it. Quite often, we get a dualism in Scriptures such that things are said twice, in two different ways, to avoid misunderstanding. So here they are...

Prov 25.2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
3 As the heavens are high and the earth is deep,
so the hearts of kings are unsearchable.

If you read these two verses together you will see that it may refer to God's understanding, which is higher than human understanding. Nevertheless, God is willing to reveal some of His ways to those who like King Solomon sought out wisdom in order to manage his kingdom better.

Both God and kings do not indulge in too much explanation to those he manages, or there will be a many-headed beast! Some matters are less helpful and only encourage unnecessary speculation that can distract from more important things.

Isa 55.9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

As you can see, God does not always expect men to understand His purpose and how He aims to accomplish that purpose. But we are assured that for those who love Him and His ways, things will in the end work out well.

There is nothing here about not being able to clearly discern God's will--we just may not see the whole picture. God is the origin of His will--not us.

Things that were hidden in the OT were hidden from those who did not wish to see spiritual things, who did not really wish to comply with God's laws. And when things hidden in the OT were revealed in the NT the same thing resulted. People rejected Jesus as the Christ, and did not like either his spirituality or his ways.

So Proverbs is, I think, just asking us to trust God for who He is, as a good God, and not have to explain all the bad things that may happen to us in the course of His bringing us home.

In the meantime, if we would have "royal blood" within us, we should seek out God's wisdom in order to manage our lives as a testimony on behalf of others, to bring them to Eternal Life. Don't let small disagreements over peripheral matters disturb your rest in God.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could miss some elements of this, and I would have to consult my brother. But initially I would suggest you read the next verse with it. Quite often, we get a dualism in Scriptures such that things are said twice, in two different ways, to avoid misunderstanding. So here they are...

Prov 25.2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
3 As the heavens are high and the earth is deep,
so the hearts of kings are unsearchable.

If you read these two verses together you will see that it may refer to God's understanding, which is higher than human understanding. Nevertheless, God is willing to reveal some of His ways to those who like King Solomon sought out wisdom in order to manage his kingdom better.

Both God and kings do not indulge in too much explanation to those he manages, or there will be a many-headed beast! Some matters are less helpful and only encourage unnecessary speculation that can distract from more important things.

Isa 55.9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

As you can see, God does not always expect men to understand His purpose and how He aims to accomplish that purpose. But we are assured that for those who love Him and His ways, things will in the end work out well.

There is nothing here about not being able to clearly discern God's will--we just may not see the whole picture. God is the origin of His will--not us.

Things that were hidden in the OT were hidden from those who did not wish to see spiritual things, who did not really wish to comply with God's laws. And when things hidden in the OT were revealed in the NT the same thing resulted. People rejected Jesus as the Christ, and did not like either his spirituality or his ways.

So Proverbs is, I think, just asking us to trust God for who He is, as a good God, and not have to explain all the bad things that may happen to us in the course of His bringing us home.

In the meantime, if we would have "royal blood" within us, we should seek out God's wisdom in order to manage our lives as a testimony on behalf of others, to bring them to Eternal Life. Don't let small disagreements over peripheral matters disturb your rest in God.

You have to write 10 paragraphs to explain that a single verse doesnt mean what it says?

Your daddy wouldnt even try so you get 5 points more than him, just for that.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The old testament is the new testament concealed.
The new testament is the old testament revealed.

Is that too much for you? Or you dont get it?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bereans were commended for not just taking Paul's word for anything--they looked up the Scriptures to see what they said on the subject. We are *not* to just accept your word for anything. Rather, we look for what the *Scriptures explicitly teach!* You are bad guides, trying to get us to believe *you* and not the *Scriptures!*

If you scroll back in the thread and read my posts you see that I repeatedly tell you guys, but dont believe me! Read it for yourself.

So you better go ask daddy what you should say next.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you to exegete Proverbs 25:2. What has this to do with the subject? Start your case. The burden of proof is with you. You have got the floor. Here is your opportunity to prove your case. I am all eyes and ears.

See what I mean? You refuse again.

ok let me try it this way:

................. !!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to write 10 paragraphs to explain that a single verse doesnt mean what it says?

The ball in in your court. What are you claiming? What is your argument? Or do you have one?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ball in in your court. What are you claiming? What is your argument? Or do you have one?

I'm claiming that you refuse to address the scriptures for what they say.

By not addressing Proverbs 25:2 the way I have asked you to many times it reveals that finding the truth in scripture is not your goal here.

You have a back button. Use it.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why will you not present your case? I told you i would respond.

Again! Lol.

I have presented my case in many posts. I even tried to approach it a different way and you aint having that either. SO if you want to know my case, use your back button and find them and then quote them and go from there.

I'm not typing it out again for the likes of you.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you scroll back in the thread and read my posts you see that I repeatedly tell you guys, but dont believe me! Read it for yourself.
Don't know what you're talking about? You gave Scriptures without any explanation as to how you figure it is *explicit teaching.* Christians are not supposed to take your word for anything, but to responsibly check with Scriptures to see what *they* say.

I will repeat it forever. If you are to teach doctrine, you need the Holy Spirit to have taught this teaching as doctrine. That means it has to be stated explicitly and not received by some sort of mysterious "revelation," and read into parables and symbolisms, acting as if this constitutes real proof.

I'm not interested in childish language. This is an important element of Christian living, to be responsible with God's word. We can all make mistakes and be wrong. We just need to have the grit to put God's word ahead of ourselves.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not interested in childish language and insults. You asked the brother to give you insight as to a particular verse. And when I try to help you out, this is your response? I give you "too much?"

In the future, why not just figure out what you want to read into a passage before asking someone else to help you out with it?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what Jesus said about his Coming...

Matt 24.26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

Jesus said it, and we should be warned. We are *not* to accept any Pretribulational Coming of the Lord because it violates what Jesus warned about us here, which is a false eschatology that presents Christ as coming before his coming with the clouds.

Jesus is drawing upon Dan 7, which says this...

Dan 7.13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

In case you have any doubt about it, Daniel is talking about seeing the Son of Man come from heaven, just as Jesus described it in his Olivet Discourse (Matt 24). This takes place in order to destroy the Man of Sin, the Antichrist. Here is the context....

Dan 7.24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.
26 “‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. 27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’"

This indicates that the Son of Man, the Messiah, is coming from heaven to destroy the Man of Sin, the Antichrist, in order to establish God's Kingdom on earth and to save God's People. This is why the Apostle John called him "the Antichrist," and why Paul called him "the Man of Sin." It is also why the book of Revelation sees him as the Beast with 10 kings and the Beast being an individual who presides over them, opposing the coming Kingdom of Christ.

All of these passages are saying the exact same thing. So Christians who wish to promote a preliminary coming of Christ are directly defying Jesus' statement that he is only coming with the clouds, and not before. Defy God's word at your own peril. I know you've been taught Pretrib by good Christians. But good Christians can be deceived. Trust them where they are reliable but question them when what they teach is indefensible.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Present a text (any text), exegete this text and lets' examine it to see if you have a rapture passage that teaches a 7 year trib (or any trib) after it. Lets leave

your 2nd rapture and 3rd coming to the side for a moment in order to help your cause.

Sorry. I don't claim there is a 7 year tribulation. However, there is a 70th week of Daniel but you won't know what that is.

You never have produced evidence of your flat earth belief found in scripture. What verse can you produce that backs up your flat earth claims?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be oblivious to the actual history of Postrib and Pretrib.
As a post tribber I studied it 20 years ago.

Trying doing a little research before spouting off your abject ignorance!
Done plenty in years past.

Pretrib is the novel, modern doctrine--not Postrib. Please cite me any history of the subject that shows the reverse, that Postrib is the new, modern doctrine? I expect crickets to play me a song here....
History? Were there printing presses for the common man to read the Bible through history? Who controlled the early Church. The Roman Catholics. What do they believe? They don't believe in or teach a rapture.

Formed in 325 AD the Roman Church was Christianity merged with the religion of Sol Invictus, the unconquerable sun. Do you think they were teaching the Bible? Do they teach the Bible today?

What's the real truth? There is both a pretribulation and post tribulation rapture. There are two raptures. One like the days of Noah and one like the days of Lot. One the Lord Himself comes, and one He sends His angels. One at the trump of God and one at the last trump.

I couldn't care less what history teaches or who believes what or taught what. I care about what the Bible says.

The Bible says there are two raptures.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what Jesus said about his Coming...

Matt 24.26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."
Matthew 24
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

This is referring to the beast of the sea who was and is not and will come again. He is the eighth and is of the seven.

This is for the Jews, so they won't believe the resurrection of the beast of the sea whose tomb is in the desert, secret chamber.

Jesus said it, and we should be warned. We are *not* to accept any Pretribulational Coming of the Lord because it violates what Jesus warned about us here, which is a false eschatology that presents Christ as coming before his coming with the clouds.
When Jesus comes for His Church it will be in secret. He will not be seen on the earth, so this is a false concern.

Song of Solomon 2
8 The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

9 My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.

10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

Jesus is drawing upon Dan 7, which says this...

Dan 7.13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

In case you have any doubt about it, Daniel is talking about seeing the Son of Man come from heaven, just as Jesus described it in his Olivet Discourse (Matt 24). This takes place in order to destroy the Man of Sin, the Antichrist. Here is the context....
When the Lord comes for the Church it will be a secret rapture. Do you think there is so much invested in aliens and alien abductions for nothing.

The coming of Jesus in Matthew 24 is the second coming. This occurs at the 6th seal. It is the gathering from heaven and earth. Jesus remains in the clouds and sends His angels..........seen here.

Revelation 14
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Daniel 7 occurs at the end of wrath. It is the armies of heaven coming for Armageddon. He set up His kingdom. This is the second advent when Jesus touches the mount of Olives.

Dan 7.24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.
26 “‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. 27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’"

This indicates that the Son of Man, the Messiah, is coming from heaven to destroy the Man of Sin, the Antichrist, in order to establish God's Kingdom on earth and to save God's People. This is why the Apostle John called him "the Antichrist," and why Paul called him "the Man of Sin." It is also why the book of Revelation sees him as the Beast with 10 kings and the Beast being an individual who presides over them, opposing the coming Kingdom of Christ.
Great.

All of these passages are saying the exact same thing.
Absolutely not.

The verses you quoted in Matthew 24 is a warning for the Jews not to believe that the Beast of the Sea is the Messiah. If they say he is in the desert or in the secret chamber believe it not. Its talking about a burial chamber where mummies are buried. Why do you think there have been mummy movies since the 40's. The world knows where THEIR Messiah is coming from. BTW, the beast of the earth is the rider on the white horse.

So Christians who wish to promote a preliminary coming of Christ are directly defying Jesus' statement that he is only coming with the clouds, and not before.
Your logic is bad.

Defy God's word at your own peril. I know you've been taught Pretrib by good Christians.
LOL. I'm a post tribber that realized that it was not the Church being raptured at the 6th seal. Those raptured at the sixth seal are singing the song of Moses.

I realized there are two raptures. Tell me, who did I learn that from.

But good Christians can be deceived. Trust them where they are reliable but question them when what they teach is indefensible.
This is what I say to you brother. You have no idea the order of Revelation. You don't understand what you are reading.

From Revelation 4 through Revelation 16. Do you read that chronologically?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. I don't claim there is a 7 year tribulation. However, there is a 70th week of Daniel but you won't know what that is.

You never have produced evidence of your flat earth belief found in scripture. What verse can you produce that backs up your flat earth claims?
What length do you think this trib is?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The 70th week is long fulfilled. You have nothing there. I suspect you know that. History shows that the 490 years were linear, congruent and sequential. Those of us that take 490 years to mean exactly that do not have to prove that it is harmonious; we just have to accept what it states. We take it literally (1) because it happened literally, (2) there is no command to decapitate it and project it into the unknown. Seven multiplied by seventy comes to 490 cohesive unitary years, not 2,500 broken up years and counting. The clincher is: there is no gap mentioned in the prophecy so there is no need or warrant to insert one in there.

Let’s use an illustration. If you were directed to go to the next state and told and told it was exactly a 490-mile journey (right down to the very yard). You were told that in-between the starting point and your destination you would pass two important landmarks, the first after 49 miles, which was accurate to the very yard. The next was a further 434 miles ahead (bringing your journey to 483 miles in total), which also occurred right down to the very yard. The journey's end would be a final 7 miles down the road from your second landmark, making your total journey 490 miles. Exactly half way between 483 miles and 490 (486 ½ miles) you would witness a monumental landmark that would surpass anything you have ever seen. How would you then feel if you were told when you hit the second landmark that your final location was still a possible 2,000+ miles down the road with NO exact finishing point? Such an idea would be totally unthinkable in the natural, but unprecedented in God's economy. God always fulfils His promises.

No Pretribber will address my simple query. That is because their reasoning is nonsensical.

Can you give me another example in Scripture of such a decapitation of a harmonious time-period - like where God says 7 days and He didn't mean a linear, congruent and sequential 7 days, or 7 years and He didn't mean a linear, congruent and sequential 7 years, or 70 years and He didn't mean a linear, congruent and sequential 70 years? Anything?

Where is the rapture mentioned in Daniel 9? Where is the second coming of Christ mentioned and Daniel 9? Where is a 7-year tribulation mentioned in Daniel 9?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jeffweeder

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have constantly accused me of claiming a 7 year tribulation. How long do you think the tribulation is? If you are right, I'll let you know.

The tribulation period has covered the whole intra-Advent period. The Church has always been in tribulation. Your escapism second-chance theology has no origin in Scripture.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tribulation period has covered the whole intra-Advent period. The Church has always been in tribulation. Your escapism second-chance theology has no origin in Scripture.
Oh boy. Here we go. Did I say anything about a second chance?

And you are wrong about the tribulation period.

Reactions: MA2444