Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jude Thaddeus

Apr 27, 2024
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe Josephus lied. Herod kingship was a bunch of Judahim called Pharisees. The Sad-u-cees were obviously Levites, and they doubted the afterlife while practicing Hebrew medicine.
Kiew demonizes Judaism the same as he demonizes Catholicism.

PS95

Jun 16, 2024
Eastern Shore
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kiew demonizes Judaism the same as he demonizes Catholicism.
Hello Jude,
Believe me, it's not only Kiew. He/she doesnt hide it , is all. I can at least respect the honesty.
ALL JWs demonize all of Christianity. They call us antichrists. <-- Their leaders teach that very thing.
DID YOU NOT KNOW?
Most people don't know because most Jws aren't all as up front as crazy Kiew!
Usually, they will just show you pics of 3 headed pagan entities ;) and quote out of context.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lumping Pharisees with Herodian Jews is a serious misunderstanding. The lines between these types of Jews is blurred. Herod was an apostate Jew, in bed with the pagan Romans, using his power to seduce other apostate Jews. Paul was a Pharisee. Herodian Jews could easily infiltrate the Sanhedrin, with only a few of them creating intense debate. I'll bet my pension cheque Ciaphas was Herodian. There were plenty of Pharisees who believed Jesus. All the Apostles were Jews. Remember, there were 120 at Pentecost, they were all Jews. I'm politely saying watch your mouth.

Philippians 3:4-6

4 even though I, too, have reason for confidence in the flesh. If anyone else has reason to be confident in the flesh, I have more:​
5 circumcised on the eighth day, a member of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew born of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee;​
6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.​
Herodian,​
one of a party of influential Jewish supporters of the Herodian dynasty (c. 55 BC–c. AD 93), which ruled in all or parts of Palestine and neighbouring areas. Noted in the New Testament as opponents of Jesus, they probably were not a political party or a religious sect. They probably favoured the policies of Herod Antipas, who was tetrarch of Galilee and Peraea (4 BC–AD 39) and a strong promoter of Hellenistic (Greco-Roman) culture in Palestine. It seems likely that they rejected the messianic hopes of the people and thus united with the Pharisees in attempts to entrap Jesus into making anti-Roman statements.​
The Jewish religion rejects Jesus to this day.

Jude Thaddeus

Apr 27, 2024
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Jewish religion rejects Jesus to this day.
4. As the sacred synod searches into the mystery of the Church, it remembers the bond that spiritually ties the people of the New Covenant to Abraham's stock.

Thus the Church of Christ acknowledges that, according to God's saving design, the beginnings of her faith and her election are found already among the Patriarchs, Moses and the prophets. She professes that all who believe in Christ-Abraham's sons according to faith (6)-are included in the same Patriarch's call, and likewise that the salvation of the Church is mysteriously foreshadowed by the chosen people's exodus from the land of bondage.

The Church, therefore, cannot forget that she received the revelation of the Old Testament through the people with whom God in His inexpressible mercy concluded the Ancient Covenant. Nor can she forget that she draws sustenance from the root of that well-cultivated olive tree onto which have been grafted the wild shoots, the Gentiles.(7) Indeed, the Church believes that by His cross Christ, Our Peace, reconciled Jews and Gentiles. making both one in Himself.(8)

The Church keeps ever in mind the words of the Apostle about his kinsmen: "theirs is the sonship and the glory and the covenants and the law and the worship and the promises; theirs are the fathers and from them is the Christ according to the flesh" (Rom. 9:4-5), the Son of the Virgin Mary. She also recalls that the Apostles, the Church's main-stay and pillars, as well as most of the early disciples who proclaimed Christ's Gospel to the world, sprang from the Jewish people.

As Holy Scripture testifies, Jerusalem did not recognize the time of her visitation,(9) nor did the Jews in large number, accept the Gospel; indeed not a few opposed its spreading.(10) Nevertheless, God holds the Jews most dear for the sake of their Fathers; He does not repent of the gifts He makes or of the calls He issues-such is the witness of the Apostle.(11) In company with the Prophets and the same Apostle, the Church awaits that day, known to God alone, on which all peoples will address the Lord in a single voice and "serve him shoulder to shoulder" (Soph. 3:9).(12)

Since the spiritual patrimony common to Christians and Jews is thus so great, this sacred synod wants to foster and recommend that mutual understanding and respect which is the fruit, above all, of biblical and theological studies as well as of fraternal dialogues.

True, the Jewish authorities and those who followed their lead pressed for the death of Christ;(13) still, what happened in His passion cannot be charged against all the Jews, without distinction, then alive, nor against the Jews of today. Although the Church is the new people of God, the Jews should not be presented as rejected or accursed by God, as if this followed from the Holy Scriptures. All should see to it, then, that in catechetical work or in the preaching of the word of God they do not teach anything that does not conform to the truth of the Gospel and the spirit of Christ.

Furthermore, in her rejection of every persecution against any man, the Church, mindful of the patrimony she shares with the Jews and moved not by political reasons but by the Gospel's spiritual love, decries hatred, persecutions, displays of anti-Semitism, directed against Jews at any time and by anyone.

Besides, as the Church has always held and holds now, Christ underwent His passion and death freely, because of the sins of men and out of infinite love, in order that all may reach salvation. It is, therefore, the burden of the Church's preaching to proclaim the cross of Christ as the sign of God's all-embracing love and as the fountain from which every grace flows.

notes:
6. Cf. Gal. 3:7

7. Cf. Rom. 11:17-24

8. Cf. Eph. 2:14-16

9. Cf. Lk. 19:44

10. Cf. Rom. 11:28

11. Cf. Rom. 11:28-29; cf. dogmatic Constitution, Lumen Gentium (Light of nations) AAS, 57 (1965) pag. 20

12. Cf. Is. 66:23; Ps. 65:4; Rom. 11:11-32

13. Cf. John. 19:6

1719106724749.png 1719106763306.png 1719106870896.png

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your church, like the apostate Jews, introduced many traditions that were not “handed down” from the apostles at all, but invented by themselves….see what Jesus said to the Jewish leaders of his day.…they did the same thing…
Hey Jane,

Hmmm....Where is your evidence that The Church invented and introduced traditions that were not “handed down” from the Apostles?

What traditions from the "word" of the Apostles did the JW men that created your church adhere to and tell you that you needed to adhere to?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious? Since you cannot answer these questions and neither can any of your fellow Catholics, I would not ever set foot in your chuch..…and I don’t think Jesus would either.
Lol Jane...I literally gave you the link to a website that answers all those questions you asked but you still make the false allegation that I (The Church) cannot answer those questions. :jest:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t want to search the web for Catholic excuses….just give us the answers to those questions yourself…..
shouldn’t be too difficult…Scriptures.…chapter and verse. They are quoted above….

Please, I invite you to give it your best shot.
Dear Jane,

You are a very confusing person. You believe that The Church is wrong in its teachings, but you then ask me what our teachings are? Sooooo if you know that the teachings of The Church are wrong.....why do you need to ask me what the teachings are?

I know the teachings of your religion. Do you know the teachings of The Church or not?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither Russell nor his companions ever claimed to be prophets…..they were just men of God who wanted to do what Jesus did when he tried to find those “lost sheep” who were not blinded by their religious leaders. The truth would “set them free”, ridding them of the shackles placed on all who engage in mindless performance of rituals, rather than studying God’s word for themselves. Being spoon fed lies goes so far back….
The truth is very inconvenient when it completely contradicts everything you have been taught to believe…..so we understand your reticence.…and even your anger and sarcasm.
Hey Jane,

I know I put you in a conundrum and that is why you have ignored post #697. So let's try this again:

Do you believe that Russell and your other JW founders/leaders had a divine purpose made known to them? Do you believe that Russell and your other JW founders/leaders are spokesmen for God by not only conveying predictions but also Jehovah’s teachings, commands, and judgments?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. As the sacred synod searches into the mystery of the Church, it remembers the bond that spiritually ties the people of the New Covenant to Abraham's stock.

Thus the Church of Christ acknowledges that, according to God's saving design, the beginnings of her faith and her election are found already among the Patriarchs, Moses and the prophets. She professes that all who believe in Christ-Abraham's sons according to faith (6)-are included in the same Patriarch's call, and likewise that the salvation of the Church is mysteriously foreshadowed by the chosen people's exodus from the land of bondage.

The Church, therefore, cannot forget that she received the revelation of the Old Testament through the people with whom God in His inexpressible mercy concluded the Ancient Covenant. Nor can she forget that she draws sustenance from the root of that well-cultivated olive tree onto which have been grafted the wild shoots, the Gentiles.(7) Indeed, the Church believes that by His cross Christ, Our Peace, reconciled Jews and Gentiles. making both one in Himself.(8)

The Church keeps ever in mind the words of the Apostle about his kinsmen: "theirs is the sonship and the glory and the covenants and the law and the worship and the promises; theirs are the fathers and from them is the Christ according to the flesh" (Rom. 9:4-5), the Son of the Virgin Mary. She also recalls that the Apostles, the Church's main-stay and pillars, as well as most of the early disciples who proclaimed Christ's Gospel to the world, sprang from the Jewish people.

As Holy Scripture testifies, Jerusalem did not recognize the time of her visitation,(9) nor did the Jews in large number, accept the Gospel; indeed not a few opposed its spreading.(10) Nevertheless, God holds the Jews most dear for the sake of their Fathers; He does not repent of the gifts He makes or of the calls He issues-such is the witness of the Apostle.(11) In company with the Prophets and the same Apostle, the Church awaits that day, known to God alone, on which all peoples will address the Lord in a single voice and "serve him shoulder to shoulder" (Soph. 3:9).(12)

Since the spiritual patrimony common to Christians and Jews is thus so great, this sacred synod wants to foster and recommend that mutual understanding and respect which is the fruit, above all, of biblical and theological studies as well as of fraternal dialogues.

True, the Jewish authorities and those who followed their lead pressed for the death of Christ;(13) still, what happened in His passion cannot be charged against all the Jews, without distinction, then alive, nor against the Jews of today. Although the Church is the new people of God, the Jews should not be presented as rejected or accursed by God, as if this followed from the Holy Scriptures. All should see to it, then, that in catechetical work or in the preaching of the word of God they do not teach anything that does not conform to the truth of the Gospel and the spirit of Christ.

Furthermore, in her rejection of every persecution against any man, the Church, mindful of the patrimony she shares with the Jews and moved not by political reasons but by the Gospel's spiritual love, decries hatred, persecutions, displays of anti-Semitism, directed against Jews at any time and by anyone.

Besides, as the Church has always held and holds now, Christ underwent His passion and death freely, because of the sins of men and out of infinite love, in order that all may reach salvation. It is, therefore, the burden of the Church's preaching to proclaim the cross of Christ as the sign of God's all-embracing love and as the fountain from which every grace flows.

notes:
6. Cf. Gal. 3:7

7. Cf. Rom. 11:17-24

8. Cf. Eph. 2:14-16

9. Cf. Lk. 19:44

10. Cf. Rom. 11:28

11. Cf. Rom. 11:28-29; cf. dogmatic Constitution, Lumen Gentium (Light of nations) AAS, 57 (1965) pag. 20

12. Cf. Is. 66:23; Ps. 65:4; Rom. 11:11-32

13. Cf. John. 19:6

View attachment 46792 View attachment 46793 View attachment 46794

Jesus says-FEW will find the road that leads off into life
Your teachers say Jesus died so all can have salvation. Reality=he died and gave all an opportunity to enter the narrow gate, the many don't they have entered the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction.

Thus when ones teachers do not match Jesus=RUN FROM THEM.
I don't hate Jewish or any men. I spoke bible fact.
God hates all false religionssssssssss.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize there are a billion Trinitarians, right? Is there not one who knows anything?
They know some simple things. The top 3 or 4 teachings in those religions are error. Its what they agree on=errors.
The trinity scholars know 100% that in the Greek lexicons the word is not called capitol G God at John 1:1. They are misleading 2 billion humans and taking billions of dollars yearly tax free money. They don't want to give it up.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are ex JW,s- and their hearts=Matt 12:24--So your advice is to believe words from a heart of an ex JW, Not very wise sir.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are a very confusing person. You believe that The Church is wrong in its teachings, but you then ask me what our teachings are? Sooooo if you know that the teachings of The Church are wrong.....why do you need to ask me what the teachings are?
I wanted to hear what you have to say…..I wanted you to tell me what your church teaches. Surely you must know…..I wanted to hear it from you so that I know how much you know about the beliefs of your church. Most Catholic people I have encountered in my ministry over many years, have been clueless…..leaving it to the church to know it all for them. Protestants are not much better. It’s a sad kind of laziness but the devil loves it.
I know I put you in a conundrum and that is why you have ignored post #697. So let's try this again:

Do you believe that Russell and your other JW founders/leaders had a divine purpose made known to them? Do you believe that Russell and your other JW founders/leaders are spokesmen for God by not only conveying predictions but also Jehovah’s teachings, commands, and judgments?
Would you like an excursion into the prophesies of Daniel?
Daniel was the one who foretold the incredible events of our day, 500 years before Christ was born. He called this period in which we are seeing it’s fulfillment, “the time of the end” and predicted a march of world powers beginning with Babylon, and ending with the current world powers in our time. At this period he prophesied that two Kings would engage in a ‘push and shove’ contest with each other….which we see in Russia and her allies verses the USA and her allies.

It’s been going on now since 1914 when “the time of the end began”.
The First World War was the beginning…..”nation against nation, kingdom against kingdom” the first war in human history to involve the whole world, divided by their legal alliances. (Matt 24:3-14)

“The great and fear inspiring day of Jehovah” that God’s prophets had predicted, will come when these powers unite to destroy God’s people on earth. It is at this time that the “Our Father” prayer will be fulfilled….the “kingdom” that Jesus taught us to pray for was to “come” so that God’s will could “be done on earth as it is in heaven”…..Daniel foretold….

“In the times of those kings, the God of heaven shall establish a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor shall this kingdom fall under the power of another people. It shall crush all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall endure forever.” (Daniel 2:44 NCB)

Daniel showed that all the kingdoms of this world would be “crushed” and ‘come to an end’…replaced by the rulership mankind should have enjoyed from its beginnings, but were robbed of it by the actions of three rebels. He also spoke of those who would receive enlightenment at this time….

“At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, the guardian of your people. Then there will be a period that will be unsurpassed in distress since nations first came into existence. At that time your own people will be spared, everyone whose names are found written in the book. “Many of those shall awake who sleep in the dust of the earth. Some shall gain everlasting life; others will earn shame and everlasting disgrace. However, the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness will be as bright as the stars forever and ever. As for you, Daniel, keep these words secret, and seal the book until the time of the end. Many shall fall away, and evils shall increase.” . . . .
I heard what was said but I did not understand, so I asked, “My lord, what will be the outcome of all these things?” He replied, “Go on your way, Daniel, for these words are to be kept secret and remain sealed until the end time. “Many shall be purified, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked will persist in their evil ways.”
(Daniel 12:1-4; 8-10 NCB)

Daniel foretold the coming of what Jesus called “the great tribulation” (Matt 24:21) A time of great distress still to come……but also at this time God would “purify, cleanse and refine” a people who will survive this time of great upheaval…..but those who persist in their evil ways will not…..

Do I believe that those who began to stir in those early days (at the end of the 19th century, and on into the 20th) would separate themselves from Christendom and their RCC derived doctrines….YES I do….and they have been persecuted ever since, just as the Jews persecuted the early Christians.

Do I believe them to be prophets? NO. I believe them to be led by God’s spirit and to to see them gradually pull away from Christendom altogether, just as the early Christians did with Judaism. With time comes knowledge and also the implementation of that knowledge that was to be revealed only at that time. Why would a ‘purifying, cleansing and refining’ be needed unless Christianity had been severely polluted?

History repeats because the devil has no new tricks…..look back and see. The apostasy that Christ foretold was beginning back in the first century, so what came after was the “falling away“ in full swing that we saw with the implementation of Roman Catholicism, as the “state religion” of the Empire, which took Christianity down a very dark path….no wonder a “purifying, cleansing and refining” were needed…

You asked…..

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don’t really believe that deception was going to look like anything but the real McCoy did you?
The fact that Jesus was taught as part of a triune entity (completely foreign to what the Jews had been taught about the nature of God) you would never have heard such things as it would have given the game away…..but when you boil it down, the RCC invented an new god…..one that was unknown to the first Christians and missing entirely from Scripture.
Phil 2:6-11 is a good Scripture to read in Greek from an Interlinear…..

Here it is from the New Catholic Bible…
”Though he was in the form of God, he did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped. Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. Being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient to death, even death on a cross. Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above all other names, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should proclaim to the glory of God the Father: Jesus Christ is Lord.”

Unpack that Scripture for what this translation says because this is what it says in Greek, but it is not what is translated in many trinitarians Bibles….

NIV…
“Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage”
Others say similar things…not a good translation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amadeus