Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Please note: ChristianityBoards Trinity Policy - Policy - Topics That Can No-Longer Be Discussed at CyB

A number of posts have already been removed. Any further post discussing the Trinity will incur warning points. # points and a member is removed from this forum for a time depending on the moderator. Please be aware that this thread is being monitored.

Angelina
Admin

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice distraction.....make me wonder now how much you actually do know about what your church teaches....I wasn’t aware that our “discussion” had restrictions attached....are you running away now....?
ONCE AGAIN.....Me knowing or telling you what The Church teaches has NOTHING to do with YOUR alleged knowledge of what The Church teaches. Play this word game all you want Jane. I have nothing to run away from.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Christendom as a whole teaches...i.e. it’s foundational doctrines, all originated with the RCC.
Completely and utterly NOT TRUE. The doctrines the RCC adhere to are biblically based and can be found in the earliest historical writings of Christianity long before Rome was established as the chair of Peter.

Reactions: Jack

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Completely and utterly NOT TRUE. The doctrines the RCC adhere to are biblically based and can be found in the earliest historical writings of Christianity long before Rome was established as the chair of Peter.
Strange Catholicism own encyclopedia says-- New Catholic encyclopedia, vol XIV, page 299, 1967) The formulation, one God in 3 persons was not established, not assimilated into christian life prior to the end of the 4th century. Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective( of God being a trinity)---
And its undeniable recorded history that in 381CE was when Catholicism first added the holy spirit to a godhead( council of Constantinople)= no trinity was ever served prior while one was serving the true living God. That means when Jesus and EVERY bible writer attended the synagogues were taught the Abrahamic God= a single being God=YHVH(Jehovah) Why? Because he is the only true God= the Father( John 17:3) = the one who sent Jesus.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Completely and utterly NOT TRUE. The doctrines the RCC adhere to are biblically based
Not in any Bible I have ever read....the beliefs of “the church” go so far back in time as to be buried along with all who dared to question the RCC over its abuses. They got away with it for so long because no one had the means (reading the Bible for themselves) or the power to prove them wrong. The power behind the church was not human.
and can be found in the earliest historical writings of Christianity long before Rome was established as the chair of Peter.
That could have something to do with how early and how quickly the foretold apostasy set in when the apostles died......once their ‘restraining’ influence was gone, (as foretold) the rot set in very quickly, setting “the church” up for what was to come under the newly proclaimed “state religion” of the Roman Empire of the fourth century...the brainchild of an astute pagan Emperor, determined to unite his divided empire under one religion.......taking all the pagan elements and giving them a “Christian” veneer in order to keep his pagan population happy. He turned Zeus into Jesus....a god he served until the day he died......the other unbiblical doctrines were introduced without complaint because the complainers were silenced....something the Jews were renowned for.....silencing their prophets because they did not want to hear what God thought of them. (Matt 23:37-38)

Constantine spilled blood in Jesus’ name and under the banner of what became the symbol of Christianity.....a ancient pagan symbol of disgusting origins. (Isa 1:15)

The adoration of Mary is nothing but a continuation of ancient mother goddess worship, transferring all the pagan titles over to Mary who could not ever have been given the title “mother of God” if a certain doctrine had not first been introduced.

How can you swallow so many unscriptural doctrines of clearly pagan origin, and not do your own research concerning the things that God commanded NOT to be done. (Exodus 20:3) It seems to me that every command Jesus gave was disobeyed in favour of what the church commanded.

There is no scriptural basis for a thing you have been taught to believe....but it’s your choice to stay with it if that is what you think will please God.....those wearing a “Christian” label when Jesus comes as judge, may wish they had listened......like the people of Noah’s day. (Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:37-39)

We determine our own destiny by the choices we make....the first Christians were a hated and persecuted minority......not a blood spilling majority. (John 15:18-21)

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets see if that is true.
Jesus= Matt 23:9) Call no man on earth Father(in a spiritual teacher sense, not talking about a dad) for one is your Father, the heavenly one.
Catholicism = Its ok to call priests Father, its ok to call the Pope holy father and have him elevate himself into Gods position. So we say no to you Jesus.

When ones teachers do not match Jesus=RUN FROM THEM.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets see if that is true.
Jesus= Matt 23:9) Call no man on earth Father(in a spiritual teacher sense, not talking about a dad) for one is your Father, the heavenly one.
Catholicism = Its ok to call priests Father, its ok to call the Pope holy father and have him elevate himself into Gods position. So we say no to you Jesus.

When ones teachers do not match Jesus=RUN FROM THEM.
Hey Keiw,

We are speaking of Catholic doctrine and how it is based on Scripture. There is no Catholic doctrine that says one has to call a priest or the Pope father. Also, what you stated is a complete lie. The Church does not teach that the position of the Pope is elevated to "Gods position".

Now that I have taught you Catholic doctrine, let me teach you and @Aunty Jane Scripture.

In Acts 7:2 Stephen refers to “our father Abraham,”. In Romans 9:10 Paul speaks of “our father Isaac.”. In Matthew 23 Jesus said, “But you are not to be called ‘rabbi,’ for you have one teacher,! But if we read further into Matthew 28:19–20, Christ appointed certain men to be teachers in his Church: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations . . . teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” Paul speaks of his commission as a teacher: “For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth” (1 Tim. 2:7); “For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher” (2 Tim. 1:11). He also reminds us that the Church has an office of teacher: “God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers” (1 Cor. 12:28); and “his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers” (Eph. 4:11).

With that said Keiw, do you think Paul was violating Christ’s teaching in Matthew 23 by referring so often to others as “teachers.”?

The New Testament is filled with examples of and references to spiritual father-son and father-child relationships. It is worth quoting some of them here.

Paul regularly referred to Timothy as his child: “Therefore I sent to you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, to remind you of my ways in Christ” (1 Cor. 4:17); “To Timothy, my true child in the faith: grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord” (1 Tim. 1:2); “To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord” (2 Tim. 1:2).

He also referred to Timothy as his son: “This charge I commit to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophetic utterances which pointed to you, that inspired by them you may wage the good warfare” (1 Tim 1:18); “You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Tim. 2:1); “But Timothy’s worth you know, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel” (Phil. 2:22).

Paul also referred to other of his converts in this way: “To Titus, my true child in a common faith: grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior” (Titus 1:4); “I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose father I have become in my imprisonment” (Philem. 10). None of these men were Paul’s literal sons. Rather, Paul is emphasizing his spiritual fatherhood with them.

Your welcome, Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange Catholicism own encyclopedia says-- New Catholic encyclopedia, vol XIV, page 299, 1967) The formulation, one God in 3 persons was not established, not assimilated into christian life prior to the end of the 4th century. Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective( of God being a trinity)---
And its undeniable recorded history that in 381CE was when Catholicism first added the holy spirit to a godhead( council of Constantinople)= no trinity was ever served prior while one was serving the true living God. That means when Jesus and EVERY bible writer attended the synagogues were taught the Abrahamic God= a single being God=YHVH(Jehovah) Why? Because he is the only true God= the Father( John 17:3) = the one who sent Jesus.
Bible study time for you and @Aunty Jane. Your men have lied to you, I won't.

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God?”

“But a man named Anani’as with his wife Sapphi’ra sold a piece of property, and with his wife’s knowledge he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said, “Anani’as, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back part of the proceeds of the land? . . . You have not lied to men but to God.”

But when the Counselor [the Holy Spirit] comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness of me (John 15:26).

He (the Holy Spirit) will guide you into all truth (John 16:13).

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Just because the word Trinity wasn't given to explain Father, Son, Holy Spirit for several years after Scripture was written, doesn't mean they can't be called Trinity. Pick whatever word you want.....As for us Christians, we choose Trinity.

Mary

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in any Bible I have ever read....
Have you read the JW bible that says Jesus is "Mighty God", "Everlasting Father" and "the Almighty"??? You sound like you were taught by the WatchTower, not the Christian Bible.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Keiw,

We are speaking of Catholic doctrine and how it is based on Scripture. There is no Catholic doctrine that says one has to call a priest or the Pope father. Also, what you stated is a complete lie. The Church does not teach that the position of the Pope is elevated to "Gods position".

Now that I have taught you Catholic doctrine, let me teach you and @Aunty Jane Scripture.

In Acts 7:2 Stephen refers to “our father Abraham,”. In Romans 9:10 Paul speaks of “our father Isaac.”. In Matthew 23 Jesus said, “But you are not to be called ‘rabbi,’ for you have one teacher,! But if we read further into Matthew 28:19–20, Christ appointed certain men to be teachers in his Church: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations . . . teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” Paul speaks of his commission as a teacher: “For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth” (1 Tim. 2:7); “For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher” (2 Tim. 1:11). He also reminds us that the Church has an office of teacher: “God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers” (1 Cor. 12:28); and “his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers” (Eph. 4:11).

With that said Keiw, do you think Paul was violating Christ’s teaching in Matthew 23 by referring so often to others as “teachers.”?

The New Testament is filled with examples of and references to spiritual father-son and father-child relationships. It is worth quoting some of them here.

Paul regularly referred to Timothy as his child: “Therefore I sent to you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, to remind you of my ways in Christ” (1 Cor. 4:17); “To Timothy, my true child in the faith: grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord” (1 Tim. 1:2); “To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord” (2 Tim. 1:2).

He also referred to Timothy as his son: “This charge I commit to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophetic utterances which pointed to you, that inspired by them you may wage the good warfare” (1 Tim 1:18); “You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Tim. 2:1); “But Timothy’s worth you know, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel” (Phil. 2:22).

Paul also referred to other of his converts in this way: “To Titus, my true child in a common faith: grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior” (Titus 1:4); “I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose father I have become in my imprisonment” (Philem. 10). None of these men were Paul’s literal sons. Rather, Paul is emphasizing his spiritual fatherhood with them.

Your welcome, Mary
Are you blind--The Pope is called holy father= standing in opposition to what Jesus said--We all know what the bible calls one standing in opposition. Only the darkness would do such a thing.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God?”

“But a man named Anani’as with his wife Sapphi’ra sold a piece of property, and with his wife’s knowledge he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said, “Anani’as, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back part of the proceeds of the land? . . . You have not lied to men but to God.”

But when the Counselor [the Holy Spirit] comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness of me (John 15:26).

He (the Holy Spirit) will guide you into all truth (John 16:13).

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Just because the word Trinity wasn't given to explain Father, Son, Holy Spirit for several years after Scripture was written, doesn't mean they can't be called Trinity. Pick whatever word you want.....As for us Christians, we choose Trinity.

Mary
Catholicism removed Gods name( over 7000 places) against Gods will= support of satans will to do that.
God asked the question via holy spirit. God sought the answer. That is how they lied to God.
If Catholicism has holy spirit and all truth, Why are the priests called Father against Gods will? Why did they remove Gods name against his will? In light of Jesus clearly showing to all in the Lords prayer that his Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved? And the Fact being a Christian means to be Christlike, He taught his Fathers name and promised to keep on making it known( John 17:6,26)
The Pope allowed catholic young men to stand on both sides of the rev war, civil war, ww1, ww2, blowing each others heads off for wicked men like Hitler. And had the audacity to pray to the same God on both sides and tell both sides God was on their side= pure satan.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you blind--The Pope is called holy father= standing in opposition to what Jesus said--We all know what the bible calls one standing in opposition. Only the darkness would do such a thing.
Your Governing Body isn't Holy?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are speaking of Catholic doctrine and how it is based on Scripture.
There is no such thing....Scripture is twisted to fit their doctrine.....not the way to study the Bible.
There is no Catholic doctrine that says one has to call a priest or the Pope father.
Yet you all do......funny that. Does any priest or the pope ever say...”don’t do that...it is against the teachings of Jesus Christ”? Calling the pope “holy father” is blasphemy.i
Also, what you stated is a complete lie. The Church does not teach that the position of the Pope is elevated to "Gods position".
As the representative of Christ on earth, and the teaching that Christ is God....it comes pretty close without actually admitting it. Infallibility?...in a sinful man? You’ve got to be kidding!
This should be good.....:watching and waiting:
In Acts 7:2 Stephen refers to “our father Abraham.
Yes, and rightly so as they were all descendants of their forefather Abraham.....look up the word “father” in a good concordance and see that any ancestor related by blood can be called a “father”. It is why Jesus could prophetically be called “eternal father”....because he was responsible for giving eternal life to his disciples.....giving his life for theirs. The fleshly Jews forfeited that right and were replaced by adopted sons who were given their inheritance.
In Romans 9:10 Paul speaks of “our father Isaac.”.
LOL....Same thing....
In Matthew 23 Jesus said, “But you are not to be called ‘rabbi,’ for you have one teacher,! But if we read further into Matthew 28:19–20, Christ appointed certain men to be teachers in his Church: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations . . . teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”
Again yes, but you missed the point.....calling someone by a title “rabbi” was identifying them as teachers....
The ones Jesus appointed as teachers were just fellow “brothers” in the congregation who had spiritual qualifications, not degrees or education in a seminary. That was Jewish thing. I see that the RCC copied a lot from the Jews when they were never told to.
Paul speaks of his commission as a teacher: “For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth” (1 Tim. 2:7); “For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher” (2 Tim. 1:11).
Christ sent his disciples out to preach....the command to preach came from Christ himself.....did you know that Paul called Jesus an “apostle”? (Hebrews 3:1) Imagine that! God is his own apostle.....

Most of the many Catholic people I have spoken to over decades, didn’t even know what a Bible was.....when you asked them to go and get their Bible so they could read the Scriptures for themselves, they invariably brought out their catechism.....if they thought it was the Bible...any wonder they never learned the truth......it’s actually the Catholic version of the Talmud....the apostate Jewish version of what Scripture means.
He also reminds us that the Church has an office of teacher: “God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers” (1 Cor. 12:28); and “his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers” (Eph. 4:11).
Yes, in the first century everything was new. They had positions of service and oversight in these capacities to teach and to guide the disciples in God’s ways.....the one thing they never had in first century Christianity were priests officiating over rituals and practices that do not belong and were never commanded in the Christian Faith. The creating of religious images for starters.

Those who were chosen as “saints” are not what the RCC classifies as “saints”.....they are not chosen by the church, and you cannot lobby God to make someone a “saint”......they are of God’s choosing only. No Catholic criteria required.
do you think Paul was violating Christ’s teaching in Matthew 23 by referring so often to others as “teachers.”?
Nope because it was not a title designed to single out a person as special....all the brothers who were chosen for service in the congregation were special in their own way.....but there were no distinctive titles given to them, or special garments, or funny hats borrowed from paganism to identify them.....
and no imposing cathedrals with ornate furnishings and statues everywhere.
None of these men were Paul’s literal sons. Rather, Paul is emphasizing his spiritual fatherhood with them.
There is spiritual fatherhood in a familial sense, but it does not take the role of the Father and give it to someone else...not even to Jesus.
There is no way to justify any Catholic teaching from the Bible.....they are simply not there...and no first century Christian would ever have identified your church as coming from the teachings of Jesus Christ.
LOL....give it up, Bible study is not your forte’.....
Since we are not allowed to speak of this...let’s just say that this doctrine was not made official in the RCC church till the 4th century.....did the church not know that it wasn’t in the Bible, nor was it a teaching of the first Christians because they were all Jewish....no Jew would have accepted that their one God was anyone other than Yahweh. (Deut 6:4)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism removed Gods name( over 7000 places) against Gods will= support of satans will to do that.
God asked the question via holy spirit. God sought the answer. That is how they lied to God.
If Catholicism has holy spirit and all truth, Why are the priests called Father against Gods will? Why did they remove Gods name against his will? In light of Jesus clearly showing to all in the Lords prayer that his Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved? And the Fact being a Christian means to be Christlike, He taught his Fathers name and promised to keep on making it known( John 17:6,26)
The Pope allowed catholic young men to stand on both sides of the rev war, civil war, ww1, ww2, blowing each others heads off for wicked men like Hitler. And had the audacity to pray to the same God on both sides and tell both sides God was on their side= pure satan.
Hey Keiw,

Would you like to stay on topic and address the 5 passages from Scripture that refer to 3 distinct entities: Father, Son, Holy Spirit? OR is your off-topic rant your way of admitting you were wrong?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Complete lie. None the less, thank you for your opinion.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Keiw,

Would you like to stay on topic and address the 5 passages from Scripture that refer to 3 distinct entities: Father, Son, Holy Spirit? OR is your off-topic rant your way of admitting you were wrong?

Curious Mary
Jesus answered you already--John 17:3--He is 100% clear-The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--Paul taught the same-1Cor 8:5-6--He warns of all other gods being false then names only the Father as God.
Trinity teachers out of altered and error filled translations teach--The Father, son and holy spirit= one God

You see when ones teachers do not match Jesus and Paul= RUN FROM THEM.