Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you read the link from the Royal Commission, Jack.
I will do a thread on this sometime.
Sad day when people become numb to this topic and yet, we see just that on these boards.

Millstones around their necks tossed into the sea will be better - said the Lord.
JWs promote them to Elders.
I've read so much about government corruption and even know personally about some. The Governing Body is just another form of corrupt government to me.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.........is that the only thing you said in that post Keiw? No, it isn't. Let's address the lie that you posted that I am referring to.

You said the Pope stands in opposition to what Jesus said! That is the lie that I am pointing out. ALSO, using Scripture, I already destroyed your theory that we are not supposed to call anyone father in the context you presented. People call the Pope Holy Father, the office doesn't demand that he is called that. It's just a title given to him.

Mary
Jesus said--Call no man Father--what don't you understand about that? Its about ones taking the lead in religion-Why? Because they fathered 0 spiritual things. God fathered every spiritual truth in existence. Dads fathered their children so Jesus was not talking about Dads.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo you think that by referencing those 2 passages from Scripture they cancel out the 5 passages from Scripture that I posted? Your theory is that in those 2 passages Jesus and Paul didn't mention the Holy Spirit as a separate entity so there is no holy spirit? Well, I guess if we ignore the passages that they did mention the Holy Spirit, then they didn't mention the Holy Spirit.

Oh goodness......I don't know what to say!
I didn't say there wasn't a holy spirit. I said only the Father is God. His name is Jehovah.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo you think that by referencing those 2 passages from Scripture they cancel out the 5 passages from Scripture that I posted? Your theory is that in those 2 passages Jesus and Paul didn't mention the Holy Spirit as a separate entity so there is no holy spirit? Well, I guess if we ignore the passages that they did mention the Holy Spirit, then they didn't mention the Holy Spirit.

Oh goodness......I don't know what to say!
Here is another fact-- 1Cor 11:14--Its a dishonor for an Israelite male to have long hair.)))) With the exception of the Nazarites, God made a special covenant with them( Samson was one) they weren't allowed to cut their hair. Jesus was not a Nazarite, he was a Nazarene. Thus in Catholicism pictures of Jesus they show all creation Jesus bringing dishonor to his Fathers name by him having long hair in their pictures--Thats pretty simple bible milk, yet they cannot understand it. Call no man Father= pretty simple bible milk yet they cannot understand it-WHY?

Jude Thaddeus

Apr 27, 2024
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is another fact-- 1Cor 11:14--Its a dishonor for an Israelite male to have long hair.)))) With the exception of the Nazarites, God made a special covenant with them( Samson was one) they weren't allowed to cut their hair.
Cutting hair was NOT a covenant. Maybe long hair got in the way of a man's work. Paul is talking about Israelites at a certain time and place, not artists in later centuries.

Leviticus 24
The Lord said to Moses: 2 Command the Israelites to bring pure, pressed olive oil to you for the lamp, to keep a light burning constantly. 3 Aaron will tend the lamp, which will be inside the meeting tent but outside the inner curtain of the covenant document, from evening until morning before the Lord. This is a permanent rule throughout your future generations. 4 Aaron must continually tend the lights on the pure lampstand[a] before the Lord.
You fuss about a scruple that was not intended for all time but don't have a sanctuary lamp that is.:goodj:
Jesus was not a Nazarite, he was a Nazarene. Thus in Catholicism pictures of Jesus they show all creation Jesus bringing dishonor to his Fathers name by him having long hair in their pictures--Thats pretty simple bible milk, yet they cannot understand it. Call no man Father= pretty simple bible milk yet they cannot understand it-WHY?
When you admire a painting, you, by default, complement the painter.
The "call no man father" crowd reads into scripture what isn't there. That is a repetitive canard that pops up 3 times a week, and the rebuttal falls on deaf ears.

Last edited:

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another fact-- 1Cor 11:14--Its a dishonor for an Israelite male to have long hair.
Paul asks the Corinthians a rhetorical question in that verse. "Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him?" Two things to say in response. First, with all due respect, Paul is wrong, nature teaches no such thing. Second, disgrace, shame, etc. are human reactions to violating the customs of the time and place. First Century Greeks living in and around Corinth had different customs than Jews in Palestine, and had adopted the Roman custom of short hair for men.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cutting hair was NOT a covenant. Maybe long hair got in the way of a man's work. Paul is talking about Israelites at a certain time and place, not artists in later centuries.

Leviticus 24
The Lord said to Moses: 2 Command the Israelites to bring pure, pressed olive oil to you for the lamp, to keep a light burning constantly. 3 Aaron will tend the lamp, which will be inside the meeting tent but outside the inner curtain of the covenant document, from evening until morning before the Lord. This is a permanent rule throughout your future generations. 4 Aaron must continually tend the lights on the pure lampstand[a] before the Lord.
You fuss about a scruple that was not intended for all time but don't have a sanctuary lamp that is.:goodj:

When you admire a painting, you, by default, complement the painter.
The "call no man father" crowd reads into scripture what isn't there. That is a repetitive canard that pops up 3 times a week, and the rebuttal falls on deaf ears.
You mean ones who refuse to listen to Jesus over the darkness.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul asks the Corinthians a rhetorical question in that verse. "Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him?" Two things to say in response. First, with all due respect, Paul is wrong, nature teaches no such thing. Second, disgrace, shame, etc. are human reactions to violating the customs of the time and place. First Century Greeks living in and around Corinth had different customs than Jews in Palestine, and had adopted the Roman custom of short hair for men.
God inspired Paul's words. You are saying God is in error= not a wise place to be standing.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God inspired Paul's words. You are saying God is in error= not a wise place to be standing.
Inspired does not mean free of all factual error. If it did, the entire New Testament would be free of factual errors -- and we know it is not.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Inspired does not mean free of all factual error. If it did, the entire New Testament would be free of factual errors -- and we know it is not.
The only errors are the ones Catholicism translated in to fit false council teachings. Paul made no errors being guided by Gods holy spirit to write his bible books.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another fact-- 1Cor 11:14--Its a dishonor for an Israelite male to have long hair.)))) With the exception of the Nazarites, God made a special covenant with them( Samson was one) they weren't allowed to cut their hair. Jesus was not a Nazarite, he was a Nazarene. Thus in Catholicism pictures of Jesus they show all creation Jesus bringing dishonor to his Fathers name by him having long hair in their pictures--Thats pretty simple bible milk, yet they cannot understand it. Call no man Father= pretty simple bible milk yet they cannot understand it-WHY?
Let it be noted that you are not going to address the facts I presented and now you are going down another rabbit trail. OK...I will follow.

I am not sure what Jesus being depicted in art with long hair has to do with the subject at hand (call no man father) but here we go, this should be fun :watching and waiting:

First off, not all pictures or movies of Jesus are "Catholic" pictures/movies soooo your false theory that only Catholics dishonor His father by having pictures of Him in long hair is dishonest on your part. But I get it, you are a rabid anticatholic

Second off,
what was considered "long" in those days? Shoulder length? Halfway down the back? Show me your historical evidence that shoulder length hair was considered "long" in Jesus' time. You can't provide any historical evidence therefore your anti-Catholic rant is silly and not based on any facts.

You crack me up....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said--Call no man Father--what don't you understand about that? Its about ones taking the lead in religion-Why? Because they fathered 0 spiritual things. God fathered every spiritual truth in existence. Dads fathered their children so Jesus was not talking about Dads.
I debunked your theory. What don't you understand about that?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let it be noted that you are not going to address the facts I presented and now you are going down another rabbit trail. OK...I will follow.

I am not sure what Jesus being depicted in art with long hair has to do with the subject at hand (call no man father) but here we go, this should be fun :watching and waiting:

First off, not all pictures or movies of Jesus are "Catholic" pictures/movies soooo your false theory that only Catholics dishonor His father by having pictures of Him in long hair is dishonest on your part. But I get it, you are a rabid anticatholic

Second off,
what was considered "long" in those days? Shoulder length? Halfway down the back? Show me your historical evidence that shoulder length hair was considered "long" in Jesus' time. You can't provide any historical evidence therefore your anti-Catholic rant is silly and not based on any facts.

You crack me up....
I didn't say only Catholics did that.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and how do you determine what is the Lord's word and the governing body's opinion? Can you question the governing Body?
When the proper time came about, God made sure correction was made to errors.
Please share with us all these truths revealed here in the last days your religion has made correction on in front of all creation= Dan 12:4--All these truths were in the bible all along, taught on in error all along, no religion knew them until God revealed them at the proper time here in these last days. Please enlighten us.