No Condemnation For Those In Christ, But... Sinning Believers Are Condemned Ro 14:23?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Your answer is "they weren't true believers", but Paul debunks that when he says "You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?" (Gal 5:7).

Look…it matters NOT if a WHOLE nation is gathered together, if a WHOLE Christian Church has every pew filled…
Some will BE believers, Some will Be Confessed Converted Believers, Some will Be in Absolute agreement, Some will be curious learning About the Lord God, Some will be present to “enjoy” a festivity, but NOT Believe….
YOU might think their presence IN a Christian Church, a Catholic Church, a Mosque, a Hindu Temple….automatically labels them…a Christian, a Catholic, a Islamist, a Hindu…

However “ONLY” THEY and God KNOWS their TRUE BELIEF in their heart (spirit)…and IF they HAVE or HAVE NOT, confessed to God their TRUE HEARTFUL Belief.

1 Cor 2:
[11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Because the post is not correctly formatted, I cannot "reply" to it.

Paul says in Galatians 3 that they had received the Spirit because they had "begun" by the spirit, but that they were now, by means of believing a false Gospel, trying to be perfected by the flesh, so, no, we know for certain they had believed and received the Spirit, but were now deserting God and were cut off from Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, in a discussion, it is expected that the topic be discussed.
You can be a brute, and rampage all over the place.
I don't have the "authority" to stop that. You're right.
I would expect Christians to behave differently though.

You choosing to IGNORE specific point in Scripture. is your prerogative.

Your Disagreement or REJECTION of an others specific Scriptural points, is your prerogative.

You spicing up your REJECTION with negative connotations, accusations, as well is your prerogative.

Just don’t be self-absorbed and thinking that “disagreement, rejection, accusation DOOR is afforded ONLY to you”.

You should have learned that lesson, when Jesus Himself Disagree with the Pharisees and gave them a rash of Accusing names directed to them.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You choosing to IGNORE specific point in Scripture. is your prerogative.

Your Disagreement or REJECTION of an others specific Scriptural points, is your prerogative.

You spicing up your REJECTION with negative connotations, accusations, as well is your prerogative.

Just don’t be self-absorbed and thinking that “disagreement, rejection, accusation DOOR is afforded ONLY to you”.

You should have learned that lesson, when Jesus Himself Disagree with the Pharisees and gave them a rash of Accusing names directed to them.
I really am not sure what "lesson" I'm supposed to learn by you not being on topic, ranting emptily, being emotional.

"I, @Taken, WILL BE EMOTIONAL, OFF-TOPIC, AND RANT EMPTILY AND MEANINGLESSLY!"

Is that my "lesson"? I already learned that a long time ago.
I learned that when ever you chime in, it will be meaningless and not to be taken into account.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Because the post is not correctly formatted, I cannot "reply" to it.

Outright PROVING yourself a “Gaslighter”, making up crap I never said, LYING, and promoting YOUR LYING WORDS, as something I SAID, when I did NOT…IS the WAY, Behavior, Acts of a DECEIVER…

I was suspect…now I Know for sure!

[/QUOTE] Paul says in Galatians 3 that they had received the Spirit because they had "begun" by the spirit, but that they were now, by means of believing a false Gospel, trying to be perfected by the flesh, so, no, we know for certain they had believed and received the Spirit, but were now deserting God and were cut off from Christ.
[/QUOTE]

Obviously you can NOT comprehend…Be it Paul or any Preacher Preaching to a “GROUP” and expressly SPEAKING TO “THE Born Again”….does not mean the WHOLE of the Group “IS” born again.
The Individuals KNOW WHO THEY ARE…
the preacher doesn’t, you don’t!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Outright PROVING yourself a “Gaslighter”, making up crap I never said, LYING, and promoting YOUR LYING WORDS, as something I SAID, when I did NOT…IS the WAY, Behavior, Acts of a DECEIVER…

I was suspect…now I Know for sure!

Paul says in Galatians 3 that they had received the Spirit because they had "begun" by the spirit, but that they were now, by means of believing a false Gospel, trying to be perfected by the flesh, so, no, we know for certain they had believed and received the Spirit, but were now deserting God and were cut off from Christ.

Obviously you can NOT comprehend…Be it Paul or any Preacher Preaching to a “GROUP” and expressly SPEAKING TO “THE Born Again”….does not mean the WHOLE of the Group “IS” born again.

The Individuals KNOW WHO THEY ARE…
the preacher doesn’t, you don’t!
Paul says they received the Spirit, but now had gone awry.
You say "no".
What can I say? I accept that you reject what Paul says.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really am not sure what "lesson" I'm supposed to learn by you not being on topic, ranting emptily, being emotional.

"I, @Taken, WILL BE EMOTIONAL, OFF-TOPIC, AND RANT EMPTILY AND MEANINGLESSLY!"

Is that my "lesson"? I already learned that a long time ago.
I learned that when ever you chime in, it will be meaningless and not to be taken into account.

Here’s YOUR LESSON…you have been Discovered, By your OWN behavior, Gaslighting, that you have By your OWN behavior Proved, yourself DECEPTIVE.

Ding, ding, ding…. Your Deception has ZERO influence over me, ZERO temptation to consider Anything valuable you have to say.
Am convinced you are OF the World and fully content with that position, of ever learning, and never understanding.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says they received the Spirit, but now had gone awry.
You say "no".
What can I say? I accept that you reject what Paul says.

Not complicated.

Gods SPIRIT CAN BE “WITH” a man…and leave that man.

(Did you Forget, perhaps never Knew…HOW MANY TIMES Gods Spirit was “WITH” the Hebrews, “WITH” the TRIBES…. And LEFT THEM? )

Gods SPIRIT “IN” a man … God CAN NOT, WILL NOT, ever Leave that man.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s YOUR LESSON…you have been Discovered, By your OWN behavior, Gaslighting, that you have By your OWN behavior Proved, yourself DECEPTIVE.

Ding, ding, ding…. Your Deception has ZERO influence over me, ZERO temptation to consider Anything valuable you have to say.
Am convinced you are OF the World and fully content with that position, of ever learning, and never understanding.
Not really sure what this is about.
More empty emotional ranting.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not complicated.

Gods SPIRIT CAN BE “WITH” a man…and leave that man.

(Did you Forget, perhaps never Knew…HOW MANY TIMES Gods Spirit was “WITH” the Hebrews, “WITH” the TRIBES…. And LEFT THEM? )

It says Paul preached the Gospel, they believed, they received the Spirit.
It says they "ran well" but were now being hindered from obeying the truth.
They had believed, but were no longer believing.
Hence Paul was "again" in labor pains trying to form Christ in them again (Gal 4:19).

You keep trying to say they were never true believers.
I can't help that you reject Paul's words.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says Paul preached the Gospel, they believed, they received the Spirit.
It says they "ran well" but were now being hindered from obeying the truth.
They had believed, but were no longer believing.
Hence Paul was "again" in labor pains trying to form Christ in them again (Gal 4:19).

You keep trying to say they were never true believers.
I can't help that you reject Paul's words.
@Taken And again they are an example of the fact that we remain by obeying (1 Jn 3:23,24).

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Why, then, did Paul warn "Anyone who disregards this [prohibition on immorality] disregards not man but God Who gives you His Spirit"--why did David, after committing adultery, cry, "Do not cast me away from Your Presence, do not take Your Holy Spirit away from me!" if God would never do it?

Makes no sense. Your view is incoherent.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's your view that has already been debunked (multiple times) and there is just no getting through to you at all. :( It's impossible to convince people of anything whose minds are already made up.
I know that you and many other numbskulls here know God.
I don't deny that.
I know that you, at least sometimes, actually want to help me.

The reality is, though, that you do not hold a coherent view of Scripture.
I'm here to talk about Scripture.
You may know God without having a coherent view of Scripture.
For instance, Peter knew God even though he was eating kosher and didn't know Gentiles could be saved... until God gave him the vision (Acts 10). He didn't know the truth fully, yet he knew God.

So, I'm not denying that you all can know God, I'm just denying that you have a balanced and coherent view of Scripture--and I'm here to talk about Scripture, so as to balance my own views out.

If you really want to help me, ask God to give you a coherent view of Scripture so you can share it with me to edify me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Why, then, did Paul warn "Anyone who disregards this [prohibition on immorality] disregards not man but God Who gives you His Spirit"--why did David, after committing adultery, cry, "Do not cast me away from Your Presence, do not take Your Holy Spirit away from me!" if God would never do it?

Makes no sense. Your view is incoherent.

David committing adultery AGAINST his WIFE, was NOT David leaving God and perusing ANOTHER God.

Do you recall…HOW LONG AGO David LIVED? Have you NOT discovered ANY of Gods Spiritual Understanding that was NOT Given David?

Gods own Spiritual Understanding of His Word…HELLO…was NEWS “something” NEW first Given to Jesus’ Chosen 12 Disciples !!

AND the SAME “spiritual understanding” the Apostles themselves “hoped” other men themselves might get to a point in their walk with God, that they also would receive…

Col 1:
[9] For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Don’t count on that “happening” IF you remain content with Carnal Understanding, and argue, and preach from the perspective of your Carnal Understanding.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David committing adultery AGAINST his WIFE, was NOT David leaving God and perusing ANOTHER God.

Do you recall…HOW LONG AGO David LIVED? Have you NOT discovered ANY of Gods Spiritual Understanding that was NOT Given David?

Gods own Spiritual Understanding of His Word…HELLO…was NEWS “something” NEW first Given to Jesus’ Chosen 12 Disciples !!

AND the SAME “spiritual understanding” the Apostles themselves “hoped” other men themselves might get to a point in their walk with God, that they also would receive…

Col 1:
[9] For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Don’t count on that “happening” IF you remain content with Carnal Understanding, and argue, and preach from the perspective of your Carnal Understanding.
He cried for God not to take His Spirit away--and, yes, all sin is idolatry ("no covetous man who is an idolater"), hence 1 Jn 2:28, 5:21.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No idea, I just thought I would point that scripture out....are you aware of why he said that?
Paul wrote a letter to the Galatians because controversy arose when some teachers claimed that unless a person keeps Moses, one can't find eternal life. He argued against religious practice, teaching that God would rather us BE good people than ACT like good people.

Eternal life doesn't depend on our actions but on our identity. The belief is that God grants eternal life to Abraham's descendants. Unlike the Judaizers' teachings, religious rituals do not define a person as a descendant of Abraham. What determines who is a descendant of Abraham is having the same faith as Abraham.

According to Paul, those who rely on God's forgiveness through Christ's sacrifice and have stopped using religious practices to gain God's approval are free. On the other hand, those who continually seek God's favor through religious rituals are enslaved by those rituals, whether they are Jewish rituals or some other set of practices.

At the beginning of Chapter 5, Paul warns his readers against turning freedom into a license to sin. Some Christians presume on the grace of God, giving themselves permission to commit a small sin now and again. On the contrary, freedom in Christ is not permission to practice adultery etc. Those who truly understand the profundity of Christ's sacrifice would never want to commit another sin ever again if that were possible. Freedom in Christ should lead us to be so grateful to God that we would like to please him in every way.

So, if I understand correctly, you're asking about why Paul brought up the topic of sinful behavior. In my opinion, Paul mentioned immorality because it's a common temptation for those who rely on religious rituals to earn God's approval. Isaiah recorded God's lament concerning ritual and animal sacrifices. Read Isaiah chapter one and see that God was sick and tired of all the rituals and religious practices because they were performed by people who were unjust, corrupt, and partial.

Reactions: Ritajanice

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote a letter to the Galatians because controversy arose when some teachers claimed that unless a person keeps Moses, one can't find eternal life. He argued against religious practice, teaching that God would rather us BE good people than ACT like good people.

Eternal life doesn't depend on our actions but on our identity. The belief is that God grants eternal life to Abraham's descendants. Unlike the Judaizers' teachings, religious rituals do not define a person as a descendant of Abraham. What determines who is a descendant of Abraham is having the same faith as Abraham.

According to Paul, those who rely on God's forgiveness through Christ's sacrifice and have stopped using religious practices to gain God's approval are free. On the other hand, those who continually seek God's favor through religious rituals are enslaved by those rituals, whether they are Jewish rituals or some other set of practices.

At the beginning of Chapter 5, Paul warns his readers against turning freedom into a license to sin. Some Christians presume on the grace of God, giving themselves permission to commit a small sin now and again. On the contrary, freedom in Christ is not permission to practice adultery etc. Those who truly understand the profundity of Christ's sacrifice would never want to commit another sin ever again if that were possible. Freedom in Christ should lead us to be so grateful to God that we would like to please him in every way.

So, if I understand correctly, you're asking about why Paul brought up the topic of sinful behavior. In my opinion, Paul mentioned immorality because it's a common temptation for those who rely on religious rituals to earn God's approval. Isaiah recorded God's lament concerning ritual and animal sacrifices. Read Isaiah chapter one and see that God was sick and tired of all the rituals and religious practices because they were performed by people who were unjust, corrupt, and partial.
No, they're an example of the OP--not all remain.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic of v12,13 is not "what Christ did", it's your responsibility to walk not after the flesh, but, instead, to mortify the deeds of the flesh, so, yes, it's talking about sins, and sins lead to death, as it says.
I understand the temptation to see these verses as our responsibility - as something that we must resolve our will to do. But walking according to the Spirit is effortless for those who have been given the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ. Paul isn't commanding us to walk according to the Spirit. That would be like commanding us to breathe air. Rather, his statements are intended to characterize those in Christ.

Reactions: Taken

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the temptation to see these verses as our responsibility - as something that we must resolve our will to do. But walking according to the Spirit is effortless for those who have been given the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ. Paul isn't commanding us to walk according to the Spirit. That would be like commanding us to breathe air. Rather, his statements are intended to characterize those in Christ.
IF by the spirit you mortify the deeds of the flesh you will live is a contingency, and IF you walk after the flesh you will die is a contingency--parallel with the command not to submit your members to sin unto death but to God unto life in Ro 6--so "no dice".