Do you believe this is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At our physical death, the spirit "returns to God who gave it" (Ecclesiastes 12:7) to deal with it as He wills. The spirit of humans and that of angels has an origination point from God Himself. But neither the spirit of humans nor of angels inherently possess an eternal character by themselves.

Only that which is covered by Christ's own inherent immortality has eternal life. Everything else not connected with Christ's inherent immortality will eventually die and utterly perish. "Who ONLY hath immortality" (1 Tim. 6:16) is an exclusively inherent quality that only Christ possesses. For those who are "IN CHRIST", that immortality will be shared with the children of faith who are elected. Eternal life with a deathless existence has also been granted to the righteous "elect angels" in heaven (Luke 20:36, Mark 12:25). But the non-elect of both human and celestial creatures are destined to utterly perish.
It's simple. The spirit returns to God who gave it. It is by definition immortal.

Why do we make things so ridiculously convoluted?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course, the Greek word for "angels" can be used for either a human messenger or a celestial messenger. Just one example is a reference to human "messsengers" (angelon) being sent to Christ from John, asking if He truly was the Messiah. (Luke 7:24). It depends on the context as to which meaning of human or celestial angels should be understood.
Wow that's a first - impressed!
But in the context of 1 Timothy 5:21, Paul solemnly charges Timothy by the highest witnesses he can call upon, saying, "I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the ELECT angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality." In this case, Paul was referring to righteous, celestial angelic beings that dwelled with God and the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven to bring the weightiest import he could possibly call upon in his directive to Timothy.
All Angels are Elect - maybe you should consider what the word Elect means and how its used of the Saints?
And yes, these "ELECT ANGELS" are a very large group of angels in the heavens.
All of them!
Daniel 7's description of the throne of the Ancient of Days pictures God's attending angels as a huge quantity of "a thousand thousand ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand attended upon him...". Psalms 68:17 also gives a very large number of angels representing God's strength in battle. "The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place."
You have nothing in this discussion - nothing at all!
Both the celestial angelic creatures and terrestrial humanity were originally created righteous, but with the ability to make righteous or evil choices from the time they were created. It was a "probationary" test that both categories failed. Only those whom God has elected will be preserved in a righteous status, both angels and humans.
What is the source of enmity in an Angel?

Only in the case of humanity represented by the fallen Adam, God designed a program of redemption through Christ. In the case of the angels which "kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation",
You quote this as if you know the context but you don't - thats the issue you are having.

Your knowledge is assumed.

Paul in 1 Timothy 3:6 also referred to the Devil being judged for the sin of pride which led to his fall. Timothy's selection of a minister was not to include those new to the faith - "not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil." Satan as the "anointed cherub" was originally "perfect in thy ways from the day that thou was created till iniquity was found in thee." (Ez. 28:15). That "iniquity" of the anointed cherub had developed through Satan's pride, leading to his condemnation.
We have already explained the cherub and how that relates to the King of Tyre.

You string passages together like daisy chains but they are all unrelated! It's messy work you do with the text.

This reply in no way shows the Elect Angels are a separate group!

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I questioned your words…”divine nature”…?

A bit of an oxymoron.
Divine…relates to the Holiness of a SPIRIT entity.
Nature…relates to a Creation.

The Lord God Almighty IS the ONLY Holy “not Created” entity.

The Lord God Almighty “CREATED” divine holy entities, and established their “estate”, (heavens above manKinds estate, Earth, but below Gods “estate” heaven above the heavens, and established their identity…ie. “celestial beings”, called broadly “angels”.)

Created celestial beings (angels), AND Created terrestrial beings (manKind)…
EACH, have FREEWILL…
Ie. THE LIBERTY to Choose as they decide.

Celestial Beings…can REMAIN holy and WITH God….or not.

Terrestrial Beings….can BE “with” God, “leave” God, return and be “with” God, or Remain “without” God.

Terrestrial Beings….can MAKE a VOW of “commitment”, TO the Lord, to FOREVER Be “WITH” God.

Such a TRUE VOW, is examined by the Lord…
Should such VOW, BE, by the Lord FOUND, DISCOVERED TO BE TRUE…
Then SHALL the Lord perform WORKS “with… IN “ that individual…TO KEEP that man, ASSURED…GUARANTEED…WITH God FOREVER!

Celestial (angel) beings…HAVE NO SUCH OFFERING!
They were were Created…’WITH’ God.
(Mankind wasn’t).

A Celestial (angel’s) Freewill OPTION …. Is to FOREVER Remain “WITH God”…OR “LEAVE God”….FOREVER…
ONCE they choose to LEAVE God, they have NO OPTION, NO CHOICE, to ever RETURN to God!

A celestial angel that which LIES TO or ABOUT God, has made his CHOICE to LEAVE God…
AND ?
God WHO IS Faithful and True…Keeps HIS WORD, and Separates Himself from the Created celestial angel, and the Created celestial angel from Himself….

By all indication…God has Created MILLIONS of celestial angels.
By all indications…Lucifer, WAS the First Created celestial angel.
By all indications…Lucifer, had great Beauty, had great Power, had great Talents, of song, of music, of persuasion….
and
By all indications…a great ego, of desire, of greed, of entitlement to Rule “OVER” His Creator, His Master and His Masters Creations.

And THUS…the True and Faithful Lord God Almighty…Separated, Sent, Banned Lucifer, FROM Lucifers “estate”….DOWN to Gods…
Created manKinds “Estate”…Earth.

Essentially, ALLOWING Lucifer (with a New. Name, Satan, and a New description, Liar, Murderer, Deceiver, Serpent, Devil)… to Occupy, mingle, influence, Gods manKIND of creations “IN” manKINDS estate, EARTH.

God, ALLOWING, Lucifer / Satan, to Occupy Earth…DID NOT PREVENT Gods OWN PLAN for He Himself, to ALSO “influence” His OWN created manKind of Terrestrial Beings, IN the Order, Way, Manner, God Himself had Already ESTABLISHED…AND BIT BY BIT, REVEALED TO manKIND.

My Comment regarding…”your words”…”DIVINE nature”, was SPOT ON.

The ONLY Divine (ie. holy) nature (ie.Created) entities are “angels”.

When they “choose” to “stand Against God”…by default, they LOSE their “divine holiness”.

Created humans, are natural Creations. They are NOT DIVINE, NOT holy.
They CAN freely Choose, to become made “perfected”…….”IN” Christ…..occupy HIS risen Holy Body…
AND “promised” to be RISEN UP IN their OWN ANEW, holy, divine, glorified body.

No HUMAN HAS YET, been RISEN UP IN their OWN ANEW, holy, divine, glorified body.

Many (yet a FEW by comparison to ALL of manKIND that has EVER been naturally born)….HAVE Expressly Received the
NON-REVOKABLE PROMISE of God, by and through Christ the Lord God….
THEY SHALL BE RISEN UP IN the holy, divine, glorified body, according to Gods PROMISE.

Glory to God,
Taken
What a mess Taken

Divine nature is not flesh and blood but it can take on the appearance of flesh nature however its Spirit - we both know that much!

The point is of course is this Spirit Nature cannot sin - impossible otherwise you have an eternal sinner and you make God sin!

F2F

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a mess Taken

So you claim…

Divine nature is not flesh and blood

So? I never said that….yet that is your response for the basis of your claim…
LOL

[QUOOTE] but it can take on the appearance of flesh nature however its Spirit - we both know that much! [/QUOTE]

Then you continue speaking for you AND ME…”to your MESS claim”…
:rolleyes:

] The point is of course is this Spirit Nature cannot sin - impossible otherwise you have an eternal sinner and you make God sin!

F2F

The “POINT” of course is you have identified nothing I said was not true.

One 2 question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes the adversary had no power whatsoever.
Scary being that one lol
I have felt sorry for him. For Satan to have an Opponent who will always be superior to him. To think that he must seek his Creator's permission to do things.

I saw that Satan's role as God's adversary is the worst role possible, causing him constant frustration. It came to the point where I felt very sorry for Satan that I asked God to have mercy on him. That God would feel sorry for him and bring him to the point of repentance thus bringing his rebellion to an end.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have felt sorry for him. For Satan to have an Opponent who will always be superior to him. To think that he must seek his Creator's permission to do things.

I saw that Satan's role as God's adversary is the worst role possible, causing him constant frustration. It came to the point where I felt very sorry for Satan that I asked God to have mercy on him. That God would feel sorry for him and bring him to the point of repentance thus bringing his rebellion to an end.
There is no such being! Only One True God and beside Him there is none other.

Go away and learn what this means.

F2F

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

The Rolling Stones beat you to that concept.

It's wacko, but many things are.

One 2 question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Rolling Stones beat you to that concept.

It's wacko, but many things are.
The strange thing is, it's going to happen. And that's something that excites me.

I guess that could've been the response to the wacko who said that salvation would come through faith in God and His grace alone. That God would cut off His chosen people and graft in Gentiles so that salvation could extend to non Jews, the Gentiles and barbarians.

But that could never happen according to what that wacko believed and preached. Surely God wouldn't go that far and stoop that low to open up the way for sinners to be redeemed and reconciled to Himself. God forbid! Those unclean Gentiles are so undeserving of God's mercy, grace, love, forgiveness, compassion. They are beyond redemption.

I'm so glad these critics were wrong, and Paul was right. And I'm glad you are not right in the case of God's redemption of Satan.