Why are some interpreters not being honest with the text involving Daniel 9:27?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Huh? What are you babbling about? I do not deny that Christ was born physically according to Scripture. But again what does this have to do with the "great buildings" and "stones' being discussed here?
Just can't bring yourself to use that word "history", can you, because that would mean secular history, and that would mean interpreting Scripture via secular history. :laughing:

Your hallucinations exceed those of even the most hallucinatory Jesuit futurist.

wooddog

May 8, 2024
cleveland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you've clearly been shown batman, Jesus returns in fire and final judgement, dissolving this earth by fire (The End)

There won't be a millennium on this earth as you falsely believe and teach
Satan bound in chains for a thousand years bothers you for some reason, I wonder why.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do not make any sense but moving on.
Sure. So let's not have any more bunk denying the historical physical realities of what occurred in 70 AD.

Because those pesky Judaeans and the mountains of historical physical evidence confirming Jesus' Olivet discourse confront and repudiate said bunk.

Unassailably.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is not according to KJV? What I quoted was from the KJV! LOL! Again, this is how it is translated in the KJV:

Mark 13:1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! 2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

So, again, what is not according to KJV? The KJV has Jesus referring to "these great buildings". Scripture never refers to the church as buildings (plural), but rather as a building (singular).

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Give me one scripture which refers to His congregation/church/body as temple buildings. Don't try to say Mark 13:2 because that clearly refers to the physical temple buildings. Give me something else in scripture which refers to Christ's church as temple buildings.

LOL. I guess this means you have the same mind set of the pre-trib dispensationalist doctrine since you agree with their interpretation of passages like Matthew 24:29-30.

LOL

Why do you continue to lie and misrepresent my view? Is that the only way you can try to make your view look good? I do not claim that there are two congregations of Israel. Scripture clearly teaches that there is one body of Christ consisting of both Jew and Gentile believers. One. Not two. I've never said otherwise, but you feel the need to lie about what I believe in an effort to make your own view look better. You have no conscience about lying just like a few others on this forum. It's unbelievable.
Great exegesis and arguments, bro.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 13:1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! 2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

So, again, what is not according to KJV? The KJV has Jesus referring to "these great buildings". Scripture never refers to the church as buildings (plural), but rather as a building (singular).

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Go ahead and have the same blindness as the Jews thinking Christ was talking about physical temple or physical buildings. You Preterists and Premillennialists have same blindness. That is okay. That is expected per Scripture.

Give me one scripture which refers to His congregation/church/body as temple buildings. Don't try to say Mark 13:2 because that clearly refers to the physical temple buildings. Give me something else in scripture which refers to Christ's church as temple buildings.

We were called or empowered at Pentecost to look at the newly reborn visible kingdom of God, and it has nothing to do with AD 70. All this God explained in books like Romans. The shadows (Holy city, Holy Temple, Animal Sacrifices) were gone, no one had to wait for AD 70 to supposedly see this historical war in order to know Israel had fallen. The revealing of the shadows were by the Apostles, and are manifested to us by the Scriptures they penned. Not by Titus attacking Israel 37 years later. Eg:

Hebrews 9:9-15
  • "Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
  • Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
  • But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
  • Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
  • For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
  • How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
  • And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance."
The blood of goats, your precious great physical temple buildings, etc., were merely a shadow of the true, NOT THE TRUE. In those verses God clearly delineated in words easy to understand what the physical fall of buildings in AD 70 couldn't reveal in a million years. Namely, that the types were fulfilled in Christ, and that Israel had come under judgment and had already fallen, wherein a New Testament Congregation was established on greater promises than of buildings (or destroying) physical cities, Temples or Sacrifices. So we see clearly, the need for AD 70 to show anything in a worldly earthly fashion is a figment of man's imagination, and not something written upon the pages of Holy write. There is no such need.

LOL. I guess this means you have the same mind set of the pre-trib dispensationalist doctrine since you agree with their interpretation of passages like Matthew 24:29-30.

I don't support premillennial/pre-trib dispensational interpretation of Matthew 24:29-31. So you do not know what you are accusing me of.

LOL

Why do you continue to lie and misrepresent my view?

You saying this because you do not like hearing the Truth of your false doctrine.
Is that the only way you can try to make your view look good?

No to testify God's Truth on your false doctrines.

I do not claim that there are two congregations of Israel. Scripture clearly teaches that there is one body of Christ consisting of both Jew and Gentile believers. One. Not two. I've never said otherwise, but you feel the need to lie about what I believe in an effort to make your own view look better. You have no conscience about lying just like a few others on this forum. It's unbelievable.

Stop playing games. I know what a deceived tongue like this is trying to say here.

The important thing to understand is that there is only ONE congregation of Israel, ONE Church, ONE bride, and ONE kingdom of God since the beginning of time. In the Old Testament, the kingdom was represented by Israel, with the Jews as the builders of that congregation. However, due to their rejection of Christ, they lost their representation and the kingdom was rebuilt by Christ, this time with the CHURCH. Just as wild branches were grafted into the Covenant Israel tree, there is only ONE COVENANT TREE. In the New Testament, the builders are Christians empowered by the Holy Ghost since the Cross/Pentecost, not 70 AD. The "Temple" that represented the Jews as the builders already fell at the Cross, so there is no need to wait until 70 AD for "physical fulfillment" of the physical stones of the temple falling. Your Preterism doctrine lacks sound foundations, can be easily refuted by Scripture, and often contradicts the Word of God.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, no chain or key will be able to bind a spirit. Therefore the chain and key both have spiritual significance that one needs to find out with the rest of Scripture.
There are some things we just don't know.

Let's say that you were a time traveler and could travel back to the 1750's. And when you arrived you started talking to someone, anyone. And you tried to explain to them about electricity. And how electricity lead to electric lights. And decades latter to radio. How that radio waves travel through the air, unseen, unheard, until they reached a box of electricity parts that changed it sounds, with voices and music coming out of the box.

Then decades later, television came into being. Not only sounds, but motion pictures of things, like people appearing on a screen on the front of the box like a moving painting - real life people, but only in a vision emitted from the screen on the box.

Then decades later, electricity advanced that computers were created, that could do mathematical problem solving in microseconds that by hand would take months. And that as computers advanced, they became like televisions, and that scenes could recorded of real or created events.

And that a decade later there was worldwide, connection, of computers, called the internet, that people from all around the world could type to each other in real time.

As you cant tell, all those things would be hard to explain to someone living back in the 1750's.

So when the bible says Satan bound in chains, I don't think we understand what those "chains" actually do, no more than a 1750's person could understand all that evolved with electricity. Electricity ? What is electricity he would ask.

God is so far above us and our understanding.

1Corinthains 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those would be cheap Chinese chains.
Satan is "Currently" bound from "One Specific Purpose", And One Only?

"Deceive The Nations" To Battle

The Non-Literal 1,000 Years (Revelation) 20:1-6 Are Taking Place Now In The Lords Spiritual, And Will Cease At The Future Second Coming

If A Tribulation Saint Were To Die One Day Before The Second Coming, He Enters Into The Non-Literal 1,000 Year Reign

Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 Below That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Revelation) 16:12-14 & (Revelation) 20:7-8 Same Deception In Gathering The Nations To The Very Same Final Battle In "Parallel" Teachings Of The Same Event

(Revelation) 16:12-17KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead and have the same blindness as the Jews thinking Christ was talking about physical temple or physical buildings. You Preterists and Premillennialists have same blindness. That is okay. That is expected per Scripture.

We were called or empowered at Pentecost to look at the newly reborn visible kingdom of God, and it has nothing to do with AD 70. All this God explained in books like Romans. The shadows (Holy city, Holy Temple, Animal Sacrifices) were gone, no one had to wait for AD 70 to supposedly see this historical war in order to know Israel had fallen. The revealing of the shadows were by the Apostles, and are manifested to us by the Scriptures they penned. Not by Titus attacking Israel 37 years later. Eg:

• "Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
  • Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
  • But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
  • Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
  • For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
  • How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
  • And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance."
The blood of goats, your precious great physical temple buildings, etc., were merely a shadow of the true, NOT THE TRUE. In those verses God clearly delineated in words easy to understand what the physical fall of buildings in AD 70 couldn't reveal in a million years. Namely, that the types were fulfilled in Christ, and that Israel had come under judgment and had already fallen, wherein a New Testament Congregation was established on greater promises than of buildings (or destroying) physical cities, Temples or Sacrifices. So we see clearly, the need for AD 70 to show anything in a worldly earthly fashion is a figment of man's imagination, and not something written upon the pages of Holy write. There is no such need.

I don't support premillennial/pre-trib dispensational interpretation of Matthew 24:29-31. So you do not know what you are accusing me of.

LOL

You saying this because you do not like hearing the Truth of your false doctrine.

Stop playing games. I know what a deceived tongue like this is trying to say here.

The important thing to understand is that there is only ONE congregation of Israel, ONE Church, ONE bride, and ONE kingdom of God since the beginning of time. In the Old Testament, the kingdom was represented by Israel, with the Jews as the builders of that congregation. However, due to their rejection of Christ, they lost their representation and the kingdom was rebuilt by Christ, this time with the CHURCH. Just as wild branches were grafted into the Covenant Israel tree, there is only ONE COVENANT TREE. In the New Testament, the builders are Christians empowered by the Holy Ghost since the Cross/Pentecost, not 70 AD. The "Temple" that represented the Jews as the builders already fell at the Cross, so there is no need to wait until 70 AD for "physical fulfillment" of the physical stones of the temple falling. Your Preterism doctrine lacks sound foundations, can be easily refuted by Scripture, and often contradicts the Word of God.
I Agree

These preterist disregard the cross of Calvary and point to 70AD in a temple destruction, the temple was removed in the shed blood of Calvary in 33AD "Gone"

I like the part where the 70AD preterist claim God used pagan Roman's to do his bidding, and go so far as to call them his people, smiles

Preterism finds its roots in the Roman Catholic Jesuit (Luis Del Alcasar 1613)

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

LOL

Those pesky Judaeans just won't leave you alone. :laughing:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those pesky Judaeans just won't leave you alone. :laughing:
"Your sign of defeat"

Preterist 70AD fulfillment is a lie, just as pre-Millennialism is a lie

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let's say that you were a time traveler and could travel back to the 1750's. And when you arrived you started talking to someone, anyone. And you tried to explain to them about electricity. And how electricity lead to electric lights. And decades latter to radio. How that radio waves travel through the air, unseen, unheard, until they reached a box of electricity parts that changed it sounds, with voices and music coming out of the box.

Then decades later, television came into being. Not only sounds, but motion pictures of things, like people appearing on a screen on the front of the box like a moving painting - real life people, but only in a vision emitted from the screen on the box.

Then decades later, electricity advanced that computers were created, that could do mathematical problem solving in microseconds that by hand would take months. And that as computers advanced, they became like televisions, and that scenes could recorded of real or created events.

And that a decade later there was worldwide, connection, of computers, called the internet, that people from all around the world could type to each other in real time.

As you cant tell, all those things would be hard to explain to someone living back in the 1750's.

So when the bible says Satan bound in chains, I don't think we understand what those "chains" actually do, no more than a 1750's person could understand all that evolved with electricity. Electricity ? What is electricity he would ask.

1Corinthains 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
It doesn't actually say that Satan himself is bound with a chain in the bottomless pit, it says the dragon that symbolically represents Satan is bound with a chain. A dragon can be bound by a literal chain, but Satan cannot. So, a dragon being bound with a chain in the bottomless pit is not literal, but symbolically represents Satan being restrained in reality in some way.

Similarly, Revelation 17:8 refers to the beast being in the bottomless pit and later coming out of it. Obviously, it's not a literal beast in the bottomless pit, but rather that picture of a beast being confined to a bottomless pit symbolically represents something in reality.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Probably if you fail to compare Scripture with Scripture.

So you are trying to compare our understanding of how a chain can do to a spirit called Satan with an inventor who invented electricity but does not know how it will evolve into something bigger in the future. How absurd!

We, with the spirit of Christ, can know the purpose of the chain and key. Satan cannot be b found with a literal chain, with a literal key, in a literal pit. No, the word here of keys and chains have SPIRITUAL significance. The key here symbolizes that the messenger has the right and authority to bind and loose. In other words, Jesus Christ come down from Heaven holds the right and authority and means (key) to bind Satan. The chain symbolizes the power to bind. It is a "great" chain because Satan is a spiritual and strong adversary (like you read about strong man in Matthew 13). The bottomless pit is symbolism for a boundless void of nothingness. Satan, as a spirit, is held in idleness, that his ability to deceive the gentiles is restrained so t hat God could build His Church by pouring out the Holy Spirit to draw men to Him. So being bind with chain and key symbolizes that Satan cannot prevent God's church from building. This only take place from the Cross to the Last Elect, then Satan will be loosened and have his power back to deceive the nations so that no one will get saved after this... for a short season. That is why the number of Elect on Earth will decrease to the point that Christ need to rapture them for the sake of the Elect.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key to understanding the timeline of the 70 weeks "of years" at Daniel 9:24-27 is seen at Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6, of "a day for a year". Thus, "from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until the Messiah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks", so that in 455 B.C.E., in the 20th year of the reign of King Artaxerxes of Medo-Persia, Nehemiah was allowed to go to Jerusalem and start this rebuilding by repairing Jerusalem's walls (Neh 2:1-10; 6:15), "but in times of distress", being verbally attacked and threatened.(Neh 2:19)

So, 7 + 62 = 69, so that 69 weeks "of years" was 483 years that ran from 455 B.C.E. till 29 C.E., with the 70th "week of years", starting in the fall of 29 C.E., which matches exactly with Luke 3:1, when John the Baptist began preaching to "repent, for the Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near" (Matt 3:1-3), baptizing Jews in the Jordan river.

This fulfilled Isaiah 40:3 in preparation for the arrival of the promised Messiah, in "the 15th year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar", that ran from September 15, 28 C.E. to September 15, 29 C.E., when John baptized Jesus in the Jordan river as the 1st "chosen one" for God's Kingdom.(Matt 3:13-17; Luke 9:35)

The 70 weeks "of years", 490 years, came to a close in 36 C.E., ending the Mosaic Law covenant for the Jews (Dan 9:27a), and also ended the time allowed for the Jews alone to make up God's Kingdom, as Jehovah told Moses at Exodus 19:5, 6:

"Now if you (the Jews) will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will certainly become my (exclusive) special property out of all peoples, for the whole earth belongs to me. You will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to say to the Israelites."

Because the Jews as a nation failed in strictly obeying Jehovah's voice, becoming apostate and incorrigible, murdering Jehovah's "only-begotten Son" (John 3:16, at "the half of the week", on Nisan 14, 33 C.E., Dan 9:27b) and some of his other prophets (Matt 23:33-36; 1 Thess 2:14-16), they were rejected (and later destroyed by the Roman army in 70 C.E.), having lost the right to be exclusively Jehovah's "special property", so that Gentiles were invited into this special arrangement of God's Kingdom.(Rom 11:11, 12, 25, 26)

Hence, while in the temple, three days before Jesus was executed on a stake at the demand of the Jewish religious leaders (John 19:6, 15), Jesus succinctly told the Pharisees, who stood for the nation of fleshly Israel: "Did you never read in the Scriptures (at Ps 118:22, 23), ‘The stone (Jesus Christ) that the builders (the Jewish religious leaders) rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone (of God's heavenly Kingdom). This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? "

"This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be TAKEN FROM YOU and be given to (or replaced with) a (new) nation producing its fruits (of holy conduct, whereby this new "nation" of spiritual "Israel", see Isa 66:6-9, has ' beaten its swords into plowshares ', Isa 2:2-4). Also, the person falling on (or attacking) this stone (of God's Kingdom) will be shattered. As for anyone on whom it falls (or attacks), it will crush him.”(Matt 21:42-44)

Thence, the 70 weeks "of years" ended in 36 C.E., and brought to an end the nation of fleshly Jews as Jehovah's people, being replaced with a new "nation" that "will give the fruits (of holy conduct) when they become due".(Matt 21:41)
Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Anyone being honest with the text is going to take this entire verse to be pertaining to the 70th week, then interpret it based on that.

IOW...

This part---And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week--is involving the 70th week.

This part---and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease--is involving the 70th week.

This part---and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.--is involving the 70th week.

Therefore, it is impossible, thus unreasonable, to interpret this verse in such a manner where it involves no gap whatsoever.

To illustrate this, let's assume this part--and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease--is what Christ did on the cross in the middle of the 70th week.

If there are no gaps anywhere, that means this part---and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate---is entirely fulfilled within 3.5 years of Christ having died on the cross. Totally preposterous that that part can fit like that. The way many interpreters try and get around this is by being dishonest with the text, that some of it, particularly that part, is meaning outside of the 70th week, not during it.

That would be like arguing that verse 25 is not pertaining to the first 69 weeks. Some of it is pertaining to events outside of the first 69 weeks. Yet no one I'm aware of, regardless what their position is, pertaining to the 70 weeks, would argue in that manner per verse 25. Why do they argue in that manner per verse 27 then? Maybe because they are being dishonest with the text, thus place their interpretation above the text, rather than actually agreeing with the text.

As to this part in question---and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate---there are ways to interpret that without having to take it in a literal sense. Clearly, if one is applying that part to 70 AD, not only would it be outside of the 70 weeks, it would be being taken in the literal sense per that interpretation since 70 AD involved literal events.

But if we apply that part to 2 Thessalonians 2:4 instead and what all that involves, now we are no longer obligated to take that part in a literal sense. Not unless you are a Preterist or a Pretribber. Thankfully, not all of us are either of those.