What will happen to Christians who reject the Sabbath?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How can you not see that what you're inferring here is the exact opposite of what @Pancho Frijoles is saying? :rolleyes:

If you could post a Post # where the person in question has stated that their sin was forgiven when they Trusted in Christ as their Savior....i would love to read it.
Have you read that one yet?

Maybe i missed it?

Here is what i wanted you to think about @BarneyFife .

1.) Dont pick sides, pick TRUTH

2.) There is such a thing as Dark Truth, and that is what Satan sells, and it sounds like Christianity, because it talks about "righteousness" under the guise of "works" and "deeds" "commandment keeping" and Self effort.

So, when we HEAR this that Satan is selling as his religion, it hears to our flesh as "ahhhhhhh".. .'Yes.. .its all about those works"... "that'll get me into heaven"..... "self righteousness feels so GOOD for my Flesh to HEAR when someone is preaching it".. as their Religion.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What will happen to Christians that reject the Sunday worship of the Lord’s Day?

Nothing.

Q.) What will happen to religious people who are water baptized, kept the commandments, and keep the Sabbath"", yet they were never born again and died?

They will find out that Hell is real., and sabbath keeping and trying to keep all those commandments, didn't earn them the Gates of Heaven., even tho their Water CULT or other Religious Cult, = promised them it would.

Reactions: Grailhunter

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its very simple.

Christians understand that sin prevents Salvation.

Religious people, proclaim that sin isn't the issue....but good works are the cure.

So, when you find someone who has no "sin" to confess, and instead talks about "my good deed", "our good works"... "works works works", then that is self righteousness, as RELIGION.

Jesus told YOU< that you have to come to "the Father".. not by "proof of works", and 'good deeds", but thought FAITH, in Christ.

Let me make it more clear for you, @BarneyFife ..

If i talk to you about your sin, and you talk to me about your good deeds, then what is going on, here?

See, we can do a dance that is called "i wont say that i have Trusted in Christ as a Sinner needing Salvation, but i will dance around it and say...... that because i am good, doing good, then obviously i have FAITH".

A.) Obviously not Faith in Christ, but Faith in Self.

Let me make it more clear for you, @Behold:

Righteousness by works is a convenient straw man in an age of permissiveness, but not a legitimate all-purpose concern.

You're on a witch hunt.

Reactions: Pancho Frijoles

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you could post a Post # where the person in question has stated that their sin was forgiven when they Trusted in Christ as their Savior....i would love to read it.
Have you read that one yet?

Maybe i missed it?

Here is what i wanted you to think about @BarneyFife .

1.) Dont pick sides, pick TRUTH

2.) There is such a thing as Dark Truth, and that is what Satan sells, and it sounds like Christianity, because it talks about "righteousness" under the guise of "works" and "deeds" "commandment keeping" and Self effort.

So, when we HEAR this that Satan is selling as his religion, it hears to our flesh as "ahhhhhhh".. .'Yes.. .its all about those works"... "that'll get me into heaven"..... "self righteousness feels so GOOD for my Flesh to HEAR when someone is preaching it".. as their Religion.

I question your mind-reading skills.

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Sins being forgiven, are not the result of living a good life.
I agree.
Why, my friend, you talk to me as if you didn't agree?

You would do well to consider, that what God perceives as a "good life" is not what you indicate.
What is then, to live a good life?
Because that's what Jesus promised: an abundant life. How an abundant life looks like?

So, you are stating that your attempt to try to be "good"..
No, I am not stating anything like that.

And those SINS of yours, have not BEEN FORGIVEN, by all your 'trying to be good".,
I'm not talking about "trying to be good" in order to achieve God's forgiveness.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You're on a witch hunt.

Call them witches, call them "Ministers of Satan"......call them Deceivers.

Paul said of them...."WHO, has bewitched you".

Its all the same., regarding their single minded reason to be on a forum, or "heard" from a pulpit. @BarneyFife .

You dont seem to agree that "CHRISTians" give us Jesus and Religious Heretics give us everything else., like Calvinism, or Mary, or Popes, or "baptismal regeneration"....

Maybe one day you will see it and behave accordingly.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm not talking about "trying to be good" in order to achieve God's forgiveness.

How did you originally "achieve God's Forgiveness"? As you seem to be claiming you have it.

So, If you can make this perfectly clear, if you can provide us some info regarding the day you trusted in Christ by FAITH, as an adult, to forgive all your sin, so that God could give you the new Birth with His Spirit, then the members here would finally know. @Pancho Frijoles .

You are acquainted with : Catholicism....so, im not asking you when you were : water baptized as an infant, or similar.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call them witches, call them "Ministers of Satan"......call them Deceivers.

Paul said of them...."WHO, has bewitched you".

Its all the same., regarding their single minded reason to be on a forum, or "heard" from a pulpit. @BarneyFife .

You dont seem to agree that "CHRISTians" give us Jesus and Religious Heretics give us everything else., like Calvinism, or Mary, or Popes, or "baptismal regeneration"....

Maybe one day you will see it and behave accordingly.

And i question your comprehension skills., but i wont question your ability to provide innuendo.

- see you there @BarneyFife

:watching and waiting:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You would do well to consider, that what God perceives as a "good life" is not what you indicate.

Paul told us...
"""as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”..

So, you are stating that your attempt to try to be "good".. .whatever that means, is proof to you, that What Paul stated that is true, is not true.
And that you, of yourself, believe that you can commit deeds, that prove you are "good", when in fact :"all have sinned".

So, if you bleed goodness out of your eyeballs...if you give your body to be burned for the poor, if you live your life on your knees to provide food for street orphans, for the next 80 yrs, until you dropped dead, you are a SINNER doing this....when you died... @Pancho Frijoles

And those SINS of yours, have not BEEN FORGIVEN, by all your 'trying to be good"., and your opinion, and your religion, cannot change what God has determined regarding all who have been born on this earth.
Can I get in on this? Can we read what Paul told us in context to see he's not referring to the Christian.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No worries.
I asked him to explain something that should be interesting for Him to try to explain.

Any Christian would REJOICE to be able to explain it.........

Lets see what happens, next.

I'm on the edge of my seat. It's bound to have far-reaching consequences and ramifications. :rolleyes:

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
So, when you find someone who has no "sin" to confess, and instead talks about "my good deed", "our good works"... "works works works", then that is self righteousness, as RELIGION.

A person who has repented sincerely and had been forgiven by God, and has been born again into a new life, spends more of his day thinking and talking about good things, beauty, generosity, peace, joy, love. He does not spend most of his day lamenting his sins or degraded condition.

What would be the purpose of Jesus sacrifice, if a person seems to get pleasure from stating over and over how sinful he/she is?
What would be the purpose of Jesus sacrifice, if that person doesn't live an abundant life?

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm on the edge of my seat. It's bound to have far-reaching consequences and ramifications.

Well, im not sure its "far reaching" but i have noticed that you've enjoyed what this member has been sharing, so much, that you had to take the time to try to defend........

So, in your case, i guess the ramifications speak for themselves.

What i know, is that i posted what his "religion" teaches, and its not conducive to real faith in Christ.
I actually took the time to go and do some research....
And , In fact, the current leader of this religion states that "mary ascended into Heaven" and that Peter is the first Pope.

So, that should clarify some of the "problem"... and it just gets worse the more you study this "religion".

The best thing about this religion, is that "Seals & Crofts" were deceived by it.....and yet wrote some really great songs.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
This is a deceit.
As we are not "forgiven sins" by trying to be "good".
I agree with you 100% that we are not forgiven by trying to be good.
If I agree with you 100%, why do you speak as if we were not in agreement? I am not understanding.

Wasn't my analogy of the patient with a lethal infection clear?
By treating the symptoms, we cannot expect the patient to heal. He will die.
We have to treat the disease. The Gospel of Christ is the treatment for the disease.
We know a person lives the Gospel of Christ when his works are the works of Christ. It's that simple.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We know a person lives the Gospel of Christ when his works are the works of Christ.

There is Paul 's Gospel, that is "The Gospel of the Grace of God" that is...>"The Cross of Christ" given to all sinners so that by Jesus's Sacrifice, the sinner, can be forgiven.

And then there is Acts 2:38, where Peter does not know Paul's Gospel, and He preaches, "repent and get in the water"... and many believe this is the gospel, but its not., its John The Baptist's OT water baptism of Repentance for Jews... and Peter only knew of this, in Acts 2.

So, there is Paul's Gospel, and there is what Peter preached, before He learned Paul's Gospel in Act's 15.

Any other "Gospel", is : Galatians 1:8... "cursed"..

So, if you could, what is this "gospel of Christ" that you are referring to, as the gospel?

Explain it.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, im not sure its "far reaching" but i have noticed that you've enjoyed what this member has been sharing, so much, that you had to take the time to try to defend........

So, in your case, i guess the ramifications speak for themselves.

What i know, is that i posted what his "religion" teaches, and its not conducive to real faith in Christ.
I actually took the time to go and do some research....
And , In fact, the current leader of this religion states that "mary ascended into Heaven" and that Peter is the first Pope.

So, that should clarify some of the "problem"... and it just gets worse the more you study this "religion".

The best thing about this religion, is that "Seals & Crofts" were deceived by it.....and yet wrote some really great songs.

What you've basically said here is that it's more important to challenge the clubs people may belong to than what's actually being discussed.

Reactions: Pancho Frijoles

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico

Paul told us...
"""as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”..
Righteous people EXIST, and the Bible provides PLENTY of evidence. Plenty. Both in the Old and New Testament.
So let´s not ignore this fact.
Indeed, according to the Book of Revelation (19:7,8), those who have wed the Lamb, have proven faith in Christ through their good actions. Those good actions are the fine linen of the wedding attire.

Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

These "righteous acts of the saints" could never be the result of self-righteousness, arrogance or hypocresy.
True righteousness is developed as a gift from God to those who believe in what Christ preached: those who repent sincerely and follow His words. The words of Jesus Christ, when followed, are the source of eternal life.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "gospel of Christ".
There is Paul 's Gospel, that is "The Gospel of the Grace of God" that is...>"The Cross of Christ" given to all sinners so that by Jesus Sacrifice, the sinner, can be forgiven.

And then there is Acts 2:38, where Peter does not know Paul's Gospel, and He preaches, "repent and get in the water"...

So, there is Paul's Gospel, and there is what Peter preached, before He learned Paul's Gospel in Act's 15.

Any other "Gospel", is : Galatians 1:8... "cursed"..

So, if you could, what is this "gospel of Christ" that you are referring to, as the gospel?

Explain it.

It sounds like you belong to some Paulian "religion."

I'm glad I don't discriminate based on religion.

Although I suppose you'd prefer I did.

Well, actually, we know you would because you led the charge to denounce me as a Paul-hater a few years ago. That was kinda painful but, not to worry, because all is forgiven, even if you'd gladly do it all over again. :)