The social gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holiness is on another level of justification...a higher righteousness. God doesn't judge the world by the standard of holiness....but on what they have done with what they have been given. Loving others as ourselves. On that level ALL the earth will be judged.

Holiness is about walking as Jesus walked without sin. VERY FEW will walk like that. Jesus said that the narrow way was very difficult.

When God accepts us we are born of the Spirit. We have an experience of holiness and eternal life as a sample of what it's like to walk like that. If we want to have that life...we will have to pay the cost of entering into it. Like buying oil for the lamp. Of course we can last awhile with the original gift of grace. But there is also a throne of grace where we go to BUY the full measure of grace that lasts us until we fail grace.

No, that is growth into Christ-likeness in character...in righteousness. No one can grow INTO holiness. Holiness is to be where God is...in His presence....that we may partake of HIS holiness. We are never holy of ourselves.

Yes. But most believers are in a transitional walk between being under the law and under grace. Like the wilderness walk we read about in the book of Exodus. From there we can be led by the Spirit and enjoy times of refreshing from the Lord. If we want to walk in holiness we need to offer ourselves to God in full surrender. He decides if we are accepted into the Beloved or not.

Stole this from google:

Sanctification results from the supernatural presence and power of the Holy Spirit working in a Christian's life (Galatians 5:22–26; Ephesians 3:20; 2 Corinthians 12:9–10). It requires a change of heart, an alignment of the will with God's will.

It is the work of a lifetime. It is not automatic. Sorry. We are in different stages of Christian growth. Someone likened it to a corn plant. A growing seedling is a perfect seedling where it is development wise, and at each stage of its growth, it is perfect for what it is at the time, but not done growing.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stole this from google:

Sanctification results from the supernatural presence and power of the Holy Spirit working in a Christian's life (Galatians 5:22–26; Ephesians 3:20; 2 Corinthians 12:9–10). It requires a change of heart, an alignment of the will with God's will.

It is the work of a lifetime. It is not automatic. Sorry.

I'm sorry you trust google. :) That's not how the gospel works. You want an instant forgiveness don't you? But you don't want to be holy? This proves we have a carnal agenda...

But anyone who abides in Christ walks as He walked without sin. In Him is no sin. We can't walk without sin in our own strength...all will sin in the power of the flesh. But the only process that is required to enter into the perfection of Christ is to believe INTO Jesus. That's it...being translated into the higher walk.

Don't put your trust in men...but in God.

Besides the supernatural presence of God means no sin. God is holy.
We are in different stages of Christian growth. Someone likened it to a corn plant. A growing seedling is a perfect seedling where it is development wise, and at each stage of its growth, it is perfect for what it is at the time, but not done growing.
Again, a false comparison. Not biblical. We are sold under sin until we are crucified in the part of us that contains the power of sin...the sin nature...the outer man.

No one grows into being crucified. No one grows into being holy as God is holy.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really?
Try to prove that false statement.. and i'll quote you again, and show you from the NT again and again, where you are teaching your agenda.... and then you can deny it again.
You remind me of the black knight in Monty Python who, having lost both arms and both legs in the confrontation, continues to be belligerent saying that he will now use his teeth. hmmx1: A person who doesn't realize when he fully outmatched.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry you trust google. :) That's not how the gospel works. You want an instant forgiveness don't you? But you don't want to be holy? This proves we have a carnal agenda...

But anyone who abides in Christ walks as He walked without sin. In Him is no sin. We can't walk without sin in our own strength...all will sin in the power of the flesh. But the only process that is required to enter into the perfection of Christ is to believe INTO Jesus. That's it...being translated into the higher walk.

Don't put your trust in men...but in God.

Besides the supernatural presence of God means no sin. God is holy.

Again, a false comparison. Not biblical. We are sold under sin until we are crucified in the part of us that contains the power of sin...the sin nature...the outer man.

No one grows into being crucified. No one grows into being holy as God is holy.
I got the definition from Google. It said exactly what I meant. I don't have to type a bunch. More succinct. But trusting anything on Google might be kinda like trusting things on You tube. Thats where your videos are, right?

You add alot of stuff people dont say. I think thats kinda creepy and unhelpful.

Once we accept Christ, we are new creatures is not Biblical? And growing as a Christian isn't either? I have no idea what believe "into Jesus" is.

Do you think you are done growing in Christ? Got a bridge in Brooklyn, dude.

And as for Behold being the one who is snotz, here pot, here kettle.

• Haha
Reactions: PS95

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, do you not see your own insults? You do the same. You last I read called him a deceiver and all sorts of words denoting that he is not a Christian.
I will not be pulled into ANY finger pointing or petty arguments. Say your say and leave it please, no need to keep bringing up past things said over and over again.
I agree, when both parties start bashing each other with name calling, we can’t really complain. Both are in error.
I've nothing more to say unless it's germane to the subject.
Thank you, But I ask again, concerning epi;s belief that the cross is not about forgiveness.

1. Is this not blasphemy
2. do we really believe the cross. the basis for eternal salvation, is not about forgiveness. and why would we want to support this thinking?

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I agree, when both parties start bashing each other with name calling, we can’t really complain. Both are in error.

Thank you, But I ask again, concerning epi;s belief that the cross is not about forgiveness.

1. Is this not blasphemy
2. do we really believe the cross. the basis for eternal salvation, is not about forgiveness. and why would we want to support this thinking?

If you read the post that she posted to Epi, before she posted to me in the next post, she says she agrees with him.

So, there it is, as it speaks for itself.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I got the definition from Google. It said exactly what I meant. But trusting anything on Google might be kinda like trusting things on You tube. Thats where your videos are, right?

You have a point there. Youtube is one of the platforms that my podcasts are on. Also I wrote a book...and I write on this forum.

But last I checked google wasn't a real person.
You add alot of stuff people dont say. I think thats kinda creepy and unhelpful.

It should be very helpful. Most people have no understanding of spiritual things and preach vaguenesses so that they aren't caught in their ignorance.
Once we accept Christ, we are new creatures is not Biblical?

Why do you think you need to accept Christ? That's very creepy...and weird...and unbiblical.
And growing as a Christian isn't either? I have no idea what believe "into Jesus" is.

Exactly. Find out! Paul speaks of being seated in heavenly places...or else going to Mt Zion in the Spirit. Why are you not interested in those kind of things? Too creepy?
Do you think you are done growing in Christ? Got a bridge in Brooklyn, dude.

You are confusing growth and holiness. And you can keep your bridge. think you may have been swindled on getting it.
And as for Behold being the one who is snotz, here pot, here kettle.
A fan of Behold? I should have realized that you would confirm another who has no understanding of what it means to enter INTO Christ.

Why are people so easily satisfied that they are fulfilling the requirement of God to claim justification for what they believe?

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. That's real fear and real trembling...not positional.

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A fan of Behold? I should have realized that you would confirm another who has no understanding of what it means to enter INTO Christ.

This member is not my "fan".

Why to insult them this way?

Why do you always have to lie, to try to feel good about yourself? @Episkopos ?

So, again... to enter into Christ is to be "born again"............There is no other way.

Jesus said.....>>"YOU must be born again"....

= Salvation 101

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read the post that she posted to Epi, before she posted to me in the next post, she says she agrees with him.

So, there it is, as it speaks for itself.
I would hope not. That is about the most dangerous thinking against true Christianity I can think of

It’s one thing to say the cross is atonement for sin but we have to still work to be saved

It’s another to say the cross has nothing to do with forgiveness. It rejects the very purpose and meaning of the cross.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This member is not my "fan".

Why to insult them this way?

Why do you think that to call someone your follower is an insult to them? :ummm:
Why do you always have to lie, to feel good about yourself? @Episkopos ?

So, again... to enter into Christ is to be "born again"............There is no other way.

= Salvation 101
No. Entering into Christ is to be translated into Him to abide in Him and walk as He walked. Maybe you didn't get the memo. :cool:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would hope not. That is about the most dangerous thinking against true Christianity I can think of

It’s one thing to say the cross is atonement for sin but we have to still work to be saved

That is wrong thinking. You need to get your questions right before you can understand the answers.
It’s another to say the cross has nothing to do with forgiveness. It rejects the very purpose and meaning of the cross.
No. As stated the bible testifies of the cross as what sanctifies a people for God. Do a study on sanctification/holiness...a careful one.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. Is this not blasphemy
You are asking me a personal question/opinion and that is not my place to as a moderator. If their are violations you can feel free to report them. Other than that, taking in consideration Hebrews 13:12 and the true meanings of the words "deror and liberty", there could more here than meets the eye. This is just MYOP.
Bless you my friend.

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why do you think that to call someone your follower is an insult to them? :ummm:

You're lying again.

See, this member is not my ""follower.""
You can check my "following list", and you'll note that they are not there.

So, can you stop lying about the NT, about the Cross, or about the People here???
I dont think you can, as even when you are shown to be lying, you then lie in the very next post @Episkopos

No. Entering into Christ is to be translated into Him t

If a person is not "born again", spiritually, then they have not been "translated from Darkness to Light", and they do not exist as "in Christ" and "One with God" as a "new Creation".

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No. Entering into Christ is to be translated into Him to abide in Him and walk as He walked. Maybe you didn't get the memo. :cool:
Because it is not true

Abiding in Jesus is to walk in him. Jesus said we would do greater things.

But that is beside the point. Walking like Jesus will not earn you forgiveness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. As stated the bible testifies of the cross as what sanctifies a people for God.

Actually Its Jesus who is our sanctification,..,. 1 Corinthians 1:30 (KJV)... who becomes so, as we are born again "in Christ".
And before that can happen, The Blood and Death of Jesus on The Cross has to forgive all our sin.

Matthew 26:28 - 28 : ""This is MY BLOOD of the new covenant, which is poured out for the FORGIVENESS of SINS.""

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually Its Jesus who is our sanctification,..,. 1 Corinthians 1:30 (KJV)... who becomes so, once we are born again "in Christ".
And before that can happen, The Blood and Death of Jesus on The Cross has to forgive all our sin.

Matthew 26:28 - 28 : ""This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the FORGIVENESS of sins.""
Matthew 26:28 ""This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the FREEDOM from sin.""

Jesus came to set the captives free. :) The gospel gives us power over sin...that we should be slaves of sin no longer.