The social gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if we are still under law. we are without hope.

plain and simple
You are confusing establishing the law by faith, with...being under the power of the law. If we sin every day...then we are under the law. Sin has us in its grip. To be liberated from the power of sin and come under grace we need to go to the cross....that crucifies the part of us that has sin EMBEDDED in it.

Under the law means we are still walking like a human, sinning as we go.

Under grace means we walk as Jesus walked ABOVE sin ABOVE the law, fulfilling the law. Our citizenship is in heaven when we are under grace. A heavenly walk...seated in heavenly places IN Christ Jesus. According to the gospel.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False. The law remains...we ESTABLISH the law through faith. We fulfill the law by the power of the Spirit.

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Rom. 3:31
Outstanding! This false claim is being stated in several threads simultaneously. Thanks for this post and verse.

You see nothing but what fills you...darkness.

Agreed. Fortunately, I will not see his reply to your post here because I put him - and his darkness - on ignore.

Reactions: Episkopos

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like you bullying and hounding people who do not see how we are born again as you do?
How God says we are Born Again...you have added your own words to what it means to be Born Again..therefore false!..what you said to Victory In Jesus..that is NOT how our spirit is Born Again.

God and God only chooses who is Born Again just as His word says...don’t add to Gods word...
What is happening is Epi is spreading a false gospel. and he is being confronted by people as he should be

No one is trying to force anyone to do anything. Please stop with your silly childish accusations. Its not all about you (is this why yuo side with epi so much. Your just like him?)
You are forcing him to repent of what he said, so don’t deny it.

Jesus would never do that.
lol.. We are totally secure sister.. This just proves once again, you have utterly no sense of what we believe or what we think

Don't accuse people of dividing the word when you do it yourself

Prove that I divide the word of God wrongly .?..we are Born Again exactly how God says we are...don’t add to Gods word @Eternally Grateful ?

It’s not how I was Born Again...it how God says we are Born Again.

Your way of understanding Born Again, putting your own spin on it..saying the Bible is Alive....when it’s Gods Spirit that is Alive!!!

As a Born Again you should know His Spirit is Alive in our spirit?

Born Of The Spirit...get it?
. Don;t be the hypocrite like Epi and accuse people of doing the very thing you do almost every time you speak.
As do you spread a false gospel on how we are Born Of The Spirit.

Plus the Bible is NOT Alive in the Spirit!..complete utter nonsense!

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing establishing the law by faith, with...being under the power of the law. If we sin every day...then we are under the law.
Hmmm. I used to think that. My church teaches that we, Gentiles, were never under the law, that the law was only given to those Hebrews with Moses at Mt Sinai.

Then God gave the people all these instructions[a]: 2 “I am the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery.
Ex 20:1-2

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You want the wages of sin to be overturned. But God forgives sin...without the cross.. What the cross brings is FREEDOM from sin and its power. How? By crucifying the part of us that sins......the outer man.
You are way off target--
Here is the Greek text for Colossians 2:13-14:

Colossians 2:13-14 (NA28)
13 καὶ ὑμᾶς νεκροὺς ὄντας ἐν τοῖς παραπτώμασιν καὶ τῇ ἀκροβυστίᾳ τῆς σαρκὸς ὑμῶν, συνεζωοποίησεν ὑμᾶς σὺν αὐτῷ, χαρισάμενος ἡμῖν πάντα τὰ παραπτώματα, 14 ἐξαλείψας τὸ καθ’ ἡμῶν χειρόγραφον τοῖς δόγμασιν ὃ ἦν ὑπεναντίον ἡμῖν, καὶ αὐτὸ ἦρκεν ἐκ τοῦ μέσου προσηλώσας αὐτὸ τῷ σταυρῷ·

Col 2:8 Take heed lest [anyone you there shall be robbing] through the fondness of intellectual pursuits and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ!
Col 2:9 For in him dwells all the fullness of the deity bodily.
Col 2:10 And you are [in him being fulfilled], who is the head of all sovereignty and authority;
Col 2:11 in whom also you were circumcised by a circumcision not made by hands, in the stripping of the body of the sins of the flesh, in the circumcision of the Christ;
Col 2:12 having been buried together with him in the immersion, in which also you were risen up together through the belief of the energy of God -- the one having raised him from the dead.
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in the transgressions, and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, he made you alive together with him, granting forgiveness to us for all the transgressions;
Col 2:14 having wiped away the [against us handwriting by the decrees], which was contrary to us; and he has lifted it from out of the midst, having fastened it with a nail to the cross;
Col 2:15 having divested the sovereignties and the authorities, he made an example in an open manner triumphing over them by it.

Analysis of Key Terms
νεκροὺς ὄντας (nekrous ontas)

νεκρούς: Accusative masculine plural of νεκρός, meaning "dead."
ὄντας: Present active participle, accusative masculine plural of εἰμί, meaning "being."
ἐν τοῖς παραπτώμασιν (en tois paraptōmasin)

ἐν: Preposition meaning "in."
τοῖς παραπτώμασιν: Dative neuter plural of παράπτωμα, meaning "trespasses" or "sins."
συνεζωοποίησεν (synezōopoiēsen)

συν: Prefix meaning "with."
εζωοποίησεν: Aorist active indicative, 3rd person singular of ζωοποιέω, meaning "made alive."
χαρισάμενος (charisamenos)

χαρισάμενος: Aorist middle participle, nominative masculine singular of χαρίζομαι, meaning "having forgiven."
ἐξαλείψας (exaleipsas)

ἐξαλείψας: Aorist active participle, nominative masculine singular of ἐξαλείφω, meaning "having wiped out" or "having erased."
τὸ καθ’ ἡμῶν χειρόγραφον (to kath’ hēmōn cheirographon)

τὸ χειρόγραφον: Nominative neuter singular of χειρόγραφον, meaning "handwriting" or "record of debt."
καθ’ ἡμῶν: Prepositional phrase meaning "against us."
τοῖς δόγμασιν (tois dogmasin)

τοῖς δόγμασιν: Dative neuter plural of δόγμα, meaning "decrees" or "legal demands."
ὃ ἦν ὑπεναντίον ἡμῖν (ho ēn hypenantion hēmīn)

ὃ: Relative pronoun, nominative neuter singular, "which."
ἦν: Imperfect active indicative, 3rd person singular of εἰμί, "was."
ὑπεναντίον: Predicate nominative singular of ὑπεναντίος, "hostile" or "against."
ἡμῖν: Dative plural of ἐγώ, "to us."
προσηλώσας (prosēlōsas)

προσηλώσας: Aorist active participle, nominative masculine singular of προσηλόω, "having nailed."
Theological Implications
Paul is emphasizing that through Christ's death, the "record of debt"—the legal demands and charges against us due to our sins—was completely removed. This act of nailing it to the cross symbolizes Christ's full satisfaction of the law's requirements and the nullification of our debt. This offers believers freedom from sin's power and its penalties.

Paraphrase and Explanation
Paraphrase: "You, who were dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Christ, having forgiven us all our trespasses. He erased the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. He set it aside, nailing it to the cross."

Explanation: Paul explains that believers, once spiritually dead in sin, have been made alive with Christ. This new life comes with the forgiveness of all trespasses. The "record of debt," representing the written code and legal demands of the Mosaic Law that condemned us, was nailed to the cross. Christ's death and resurrection thus liberate believers from both the guilt and power of sin.

Addressing the Statement
Statement: "You want the wages of sin to be overturned. But God forgives sin...without the cross. What the cross brings is FREEDOM from sin and its power. How? By crucifying the part of us that sins... the outer man."

Correction: God's forgiveness of sin is intrinsically linked to the cross. The cross brings both forgiveness and freedom from sin's power by addressing our sin nature. Through Christ's death, our "old self" (the part inclined to sin) is crucified, breaking sin's dominion over us and enabling us to live by the Spirit's power.

This messenger of grace, sent by Christ to the Gentiles, wrote to the Gentiles that Jesus Christ was made under the law. Galatians 4:4. He wrote to the Gentiles, “ye are not under the law, but under grace”. Romans 6:14. Now we want to compare forgiveness for sin in Matthew, while Christ was under the law, with the forgiveness of sin for those of us who are not under law but under grace. First we quote Matthew 18:21 to 35.

“Then came Peter to Him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

“Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, until seven times; but, until seventy times seven.

“Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

“And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

“But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had and payment to be made.

“The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

“Then the Lord of that servant was moved with compassion and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

“But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

“And the fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

“And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. “So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

“Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me;

“Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant even as I had pity on thee?

“And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

“SO LIKEWISE SHALL MY HEAVENLY FATHER DO ALSO UNTO YOU, IF YE FROM YOUR HEARTS FORGIVE NOT EVERY ONE HIS BROTHER THEIR TRESPASSES.”

Also Matthew 6:14 and 15:

“FOR IF YE FORGIVE MEN THEIR TRESPASSES, YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER WILL ALSO FORGIVE YOU; BUT IF YE FORGIVE NOT MEN THEIR TRESPASSES, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER FORGIVE YOUR TRESPASSES”.

This message was given by the Lord Jesus to His disciples while He was under the law. Now we quote Colossians 2:13 and 14

“AND YOU, BEING DEAD IN YOUR SINS AND THE UNCIRCUMCISION OF YOUR FLESH, HATH HE QUICKENED TOGETHER WITH HIM HAVING. FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES;

“BLOTTING OUT THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES THAT WAS AGAINST US, WHICH WAS CONTRARY TO US, AND TOOK IT OUT OF THE WAY, NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS.”

And Ephesians 4:31 and 32:

“LET ALL BITTERNESS AND WRATH, AND ANGER, AND CLAMOUR, AND EVIL SPEAKING, BE PUT AWAY FROM YOU, WITH ALL MALICE;

“AND BE YE KIND ONE TO ANOTHER, TENDERHEARTED, FORGIVING ONE ANOTHER, EVEN AS GOD FOR CHRIST’S SAKE HATH FORGIVEN YOU.”

You will notice in these two quotations, we have emphasized the words, “so likewise” and “even as”.

Now surely you and I will bow our heads and give thanks to the Lord that the forgiveness of our sins by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ has been by the free grace of God, an not conditioned upon our imperfect forgiveness of our fellow man. But then our hearts should be so filled with gratitude because of what God has done for us, for Christ’s sake, that we should fully forgive those who trespass against us. Surely it takes much grace. But God is the God of all grace, an He is able to make all grace abound toward us; that we, a ways having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to ever good work. II Corinthians 9:8. And let us also remember that not only does God forgive; but God forever forgets. And it will not be so difficult for us to do this if we will keep in mind the difference between “ten thousand talents” and “one hundred pence.”

But surely we shall not go back to legal grounds and the King’s message to Israel for our unmixed message of grace.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we establish the law
In regard to Romans 3:31, we establish or uphold the law by putting our faith in the One who fulfilled all the righteous requirements of the law on our behalf and who offers us His perfect righteousness as a free gift. (Romans 4:5-6) Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. (Romans 10:4)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If we sin every day...then we are under the law.

Its because "Christ has redeemed (the born again) from the curse of the Law" that explains why the born again are "not under the Law but under Grace".

So, if you are under the law, then You are not a "new Creation in Christ". You are not yet born again.

UNBELIEVERS, never born again, are "under the law"............not Believers who exist as "ONE with God" "In Christ" = as there is no LAW found there, Reader.

And when heretics try to put you back under the law, then recognize that God never does again, as Christ has "'redeemed the born again from the Curse of the Law"< and the born again "are NOT UNDER THE Law, but under Grace".

Reader one of most prevalent NT-New Covenant denying heresies taught today , will try to make you believe that you are a sinner, under the Law, and that is a DECEPTION.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes we establish the law

By acknowledging the purpose of the law. and having been led by the law to christ, which is the purpose of the law
You are led to Jesus by the Spirit and the Spirit only!

We are not under law we’re under grace?

How would you know you are under grace?

You need God given faith planted in our heart/ revelation of Gods truth...Born Of God’s seed?then your faith will grow undoubtedly.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Is the law in the way of your own hopes and dreams, so you want to be rid of it?

Paul teaches that the purpose of the law is to show us our sin, our unrighteousness, so that we SEE what we are, we understand we are separated from God because of our sin, and need to be FORGIVEN....
The law is a TEACHER that shows us our need of Jesus, who is able to "redeem us from the CURSE OF THE LAW"...
-
King James Bible
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to CHRIST , that we might be justified by faith.

New King James Version
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

New American Standard Bible
Therefore the Law has become our guardian to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

NASB 1995
Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

NASB 1977
Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith.

Legacy Standard Bible
Therefore the Law has become our tutor unto Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

Amplified Bible
with the result that the Law has become our tutor and our disciplinarian to guide usto Christ, so that we may be justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing with God] by faith.

Christian Standard Bible
The law, then, was our guardian until Christ, so that we could be justified by faith.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
The law, then, was our guardian until Christ, so that we could be justified by faith.

American Standard Version
So that the law is become our tutor to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
The Written Law was therefore a guide for us to The Messiah that we would be made right by faith.

Contemporary English Version
In fact, the Law was to be our teacher until Christ came. Then we could have faith and be acceptable to God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Wherefore the law was our pedagogue in Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

English Revised Version
So that the law hath been our tutor to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing establishing the law by faith, with...being under the power of the law.
No. I am interpreting the law as written
If we sin every day...then we are under the law.
if we sin every day, we receive the wage of death for every sin we commit, Unless we are under grace
Sin has us in its grip. To be liberated from the power of sin and come under grace we need to go to the cross....that crucifies the part of us that has sin EMBEDDED in it.
yes it does. But if the penalty of sin is not removed, the grip of sin will never be removed
Under the law means we are still walking like a human, sinning as we go.
Under the law means YOUR DEAD.

Cursed is the one who does not confirm and obey every word.. If we keep the whole law and stumble in one area. we are guilty of all.

Under grace means we walk as Jesus walked ABOVE sin ABOVE the law, fulfilling the law.
You can;t fulfill the law unless you have never broken the law

You fulfill the law when the law leads you as a schoolmaster to christ. Once this is accomplished you are no longer under the law but under grace
Our citizenship is in heaven when we are under grace. A heavenly walk...seated in heavenly places IN Christ Jesus. According to the gospel.
Your citizenship in heave is when your made alive, and that will not happen unless the penalty of sin is removed.

I really do not know who you listen to. But you need to find a new teacher.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How God says we are Born Again...you have added your own words to what it means to be Born Again..therefore false!..what you said to Victory In Jesus..that is NOT how our spirit is Born Again.

God and God only chooses who is Born Again just as His word says...don’t add to Gods word...

As do you spread a false gospel on how we are Born Of The Spirit.

Plus the Bible is NOT Alive in the Spirit!..complete utter nonsense!

I rest my case.

Why are you hounding me? Yet yelling at people for hounding Epi. Why when we are doing the same thing to him that you just did to me in this very post.

why can you not see this? I am asking with a sincere heart. is there something wrong?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are led to Jesus by the Spirit and the Spirit only!

We are not under law we’re under grace?

How would you know you are under grace?

You need God given faith planted in our heart/ revelation of Gods truth...Born Of God’s seed?then your faith will grow undoubtedly.
shaking my head.

Please learn to read and understand what people say and believe. This gets tiring.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hmmm. I used to think that. My church teaches that we, Gentiles, were never under the law, that the law was only given to those Hebrews with Moses at Mt Sinai.

Then God gave the people all these instructions[a]: 2 “I am the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery.
Ex 20:1-2
The law of Moses was a holiness set of laws that separated God's people from others. To be part of God's people at that time one had to be circumcised etc.. But the law of God from Sinai is for all flesh. It is based on righteousness. And God will judge the WORLD in righteousness (not holiness).

Enter Jesus.

Jesus came to bring a new and living way...in holiness. Not just a marker of holiness to be just different from other people...but rather a true holiness of a walk in God's very presence...actual holiness. Putting on Christ the New Man created in true holiness.

What does it mean to be under the law? It means that the natural laws of the flesh..sin and death...keep us in darkness.

The cross of Christ liberates us from the POWER of sin in order to walk in freedom in Christ under grace. Under grace means we fulfill the law perfectly.

The law is a good thing. It is like an electrician's voltmeter. A voltmeter tests for power. If there is power the meter registers it. Many lives have been saved this way.

So the law of God is the friend of the inner man who wants connection to God and His power.

The law of God is hated by the outer man that condemns him....by exposing him.

The gospel of darkness....the decoy gospel of darkness seeks to foist the law on the world while claiming to be lawless as a privilege (from the devil). These have condemned themselves as lawless.

Yet David said that God's law was a lamp unto his feet. David loved God's law...because David lived from his inner man...and God loved him.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The law of Moses was a holiness set of laws that separated God's people from others. To be part of God's people at that time one had to be circumcised etc.. But the law of God from Sinai is for all flesh. It is based on righteousness. And God will judge the WORLD in righteousness (not holiness).
Incorrect-you are butchering the Scriptures--

GOD PREACHED TO ABRAM BEFORE
Note this most interesting and important statement: “And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, in thee shall all nations be blessed.” Galatians 3:8.

Read it again. God preached the gospel to Abraham “BEFORE”. Before what? Before He added the law. Note what Abraham did, and what God did. “Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” Galatians 3:6. When God preached the gospel to Abram (in uncircumcision) the Scripture foresaw that Gentiles would be, saved, from Paul’s time down to the present, without religion or law. Note Galatians 3:17: “And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.” So we see that 430 years before the law was given the gospel of “righteousness by faith without the deeds of the law” was preached to Abram. Then what? Then the question:

“Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hands of a mediator.” Galatians 3:19. To what was the law added? It was added to the gospel which God preached to Abraham, 430 years before. Which covenant abides and which covenant has been done away? The Abrahamic covenant abides: the Mosaic covenant has been done away. The gospel abides. The law has been done away. “For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.” “And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not steadfastly look to the end of that which is abolished. “But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the Old Testament; which is done away in Christ.” II Corinthians 3:11, 13 and 14. Note II Corinthians 3:14 – “the Old Testament is done away in Christ.” Note the same truth in Hebrews 8:13. “In that He saith, A new covenant, He hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.”

Let us change Galatians 3:19 to read the law covenant, which was made old by Christ’s death on the cross, was added to the Abrahamic covenant which God made with Abram 430 years before He made the law covenant with Israel, through the mediator, Moses. It was added till. Till when? Till the Seed promised to Abram and Abraham came. That Seed was Christ.

The word “covenant” is the same as the word “testament”. God entered into “covenants” or “testaments” with the human race before Moses received the law covenant for Israel, about 2500 years after Adam sinned. Moses received the testament, called “the Old Testament”, several centuries after the event recorded in the last verse of Genesis. Note that event; “So Joseph died being an hundred and ten years old; and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.” Genesis 50:26. So Joseph died some years before God made with Israel the covenant now called “the Old Covenant.”

Mark well that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, Levi, Joseph, and all of the other sons of Jacob (Israel) had died before God gave the (old) covenant to Israel. Therefore, we greatly err when we call any of these men Old Testament characters, or the Book of Genesis “the Old Testament Scripture.” They lived during that period, “from Adam to Moses”, “when there is no law”.

From about 4000 B.C. until about 1700 B.C., that is, for about 2300 years, there were no Israelites. From about 4000 B.C. until 1500 B.C., “from Adam to Moses”, the Old Testament was not in effect. There were covenants, but not that covenant, which became “Old”.

THE LAW IN CHRIST JESUS
The truth for us is clearly stated in Romans 8:2 to 4: “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Note the three laws—“The law of sin and death”—”the law of Sinai” and “the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus”. The law of Sinai could not deliver from the law of sin and death. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus can and does. And the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus delivered believing Israelites from the curse of the law of Moses. Romans 7:1 to 6.

The sum total of man’s spiritual responsibility to God is to:—

1—Appropriate the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

2—Demonstrate the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

3—Propagate the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

We first believe and appropriate the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Note how this law is stated in II Timothy 1:10 and Romans 8:4.

“But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”

That law enables the believer to live Christ.

The believer is expected to demonstrate that law by walking daily in newness of life. “That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:4.

Then note Galatians 5:22 to 25: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

AGAINST SUCH THERE IS NO LAW.
When we have received Christ and have been saved by this Divine law, we are to propagate that law of life by preaching Christ and His redemptive work to others.

Some one has truly said that Christianity is life, love and heaven.

The three general divisions of the Bible which we have seen in this message

1. From Adam to Moses.

2. The law was added till after Christ died on the cross, when the covenant was made old.

3. The reign of the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus from the day Paul preached the grace of God until the Lord comes for His Church.

“The grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us— “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Saviour Jesus Christ.” Titus 2:11 to 13.

The law was given by Moses. Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” John 1:17. “That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 5:21.

“For this cause I, Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles. If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward. How that by revelation He (Christ) made known unto me the mystery.” Ephesians 3:1 to 3.

Members of Christ’s Body are not under the law. Romans 6:14.

• Love
Reactions: Lizbeth

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see.

But what does that have to do with the actual payment of sin.

The law said we have sinned

It said what happens as a result (animal sacrifice)

this is how the penalty of breaking the law is accomplished so that God would forgive the nation of Israel for her sins for the past year.

This had to be done once a year on the day of atonement.

But we find out. Christ died once. He did what animal and sacrifice could not do. and actually took the wage of sin in our place.. and sat down at the right hand of the father as the mediator with his blood. the blood of atonement.
I wasn’t referring to the death of the animal as a payment for sin. It was only a thought that came up during my husband and my conversation concerning “God killed an animal to cover me.”
he and I were talking about the animal in us all. It stood out to me that God doesn’t kill an animal to clothe us in animal skins…but the animal is slain and He clothes us in Himself. I gave reference to my thought process when the angel of the Lord …satan stood at the right hand to resist…the Lord said of Joshua “remove his filthy garments…I will clothe him.”

Yes. I can see what you are saying about when the Law comes. But to me even there where Paul speaks of when the Law came to reveal sin … the animal becomes exceedingly wicked… and put to death.

Speaking of animal skins. Why was it that all the animal skins could never make a man Holy or perfect or reconciled unto God? But the skin of the Son…by His stripes you are healed…what was (is)so different about the skin of the Son of God? Where out of all the animals skins God said “I’m sick of your animal sacrifices” … “My Son I will hear. Him I will accept.” To me it’s because His skin…His garment …is different. Peace, love, joy, the Fruit of the Spirit of God. His skin was not animal skin. (When they spit and gnashed on Him, He opened not Hie mouth. When cursed, He cursed not, when reviled, he reviled not again, when threatened, he threatened not again ) Instead He took all that to the cross and nailed it there, removing that nature which is contrary to us. Making an open show of triumphant over the beast.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Under grace means we fulfill the law perfectly.

Jesus fulfilled the law, and because the born again are "IN CHRIST", then what He has fulfilled is accounted (imputed), to US., as a "GIFT" from God.

Do you understand this yet, Mr Calvinist who is Mr Law Keeper, self proclaimed?

Everything that God requires of US... we can't produce..

See, the LAW Demands from us, Righteousness, and we have none...........as "all have sinned, and there is none righteous.. no NOT ONE".

So, God provided "the Gift of Righteousness", as "Christ fulfilled the law, and died for the sin of us all"......

This is the Grace of God, that is found as "The Cross of Christ", which you blasphemously defined as "Whipping Boy"... @Episkopos .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. I am interpreting the law as written

if we sin every day, we receive the wage of death for every sin we commit, Unless we are under grace

yes it does. But if the penalty of sin is not removed, the grip of sin will never be removed

Under the law means YOUR DEAD.

Cursed is the one who does not confirm and obey every word.. If we keep the whole law and stumble in one area. we are guilty of all.

You can;t fulfill the law unless you have never broken the law

You fulfill the law when the law leads you as a schoolmaster to christ. Once this is accomplished you are no longer under the law but under grace

Your citizenship in heave is when your made alive, and that will not happen unless the penalty of sin is removed.

I really do not know who you listen to. But you need to find a new teacher.
I can't get you to see something that is beyond your sight. But there still is one thing you can do ...even in darkness...and that is to believe. You can have faith in the God of the impossible. With men it is impossible. But you can reach out to God by faith.

Maybe you can't see how all your arguments support a blind and carnal person, accepting a religious scheme that goes against every law and principle in the bible. You are using the bible against itself. How can you not be honest to see that you are going directly against the words of God?

If one verse is presented to you...you find another that you think counteracts that one. But you are not reconciling the words to themselves.

You are making verses be either/or rather than both/and. Naturally you choose the pleasant ones that gives you a religious certainty. But the conditions for the good sounding verses lies in the truth of the ones you choose to ignore.

So then no one has any excuse. There will be such a great surprise come judgment day...like when a child is lost. There will be great weeping and great anger. And the anger will come from those who accepted Jesus as their saviour but are then rejected by Him as lawless.

What? They will say.....but you paid the price for my sins and I believed that. And Jesus will say...I don't know you. Go away you worker of iniquity.

Will many be warned of this to make their calling and election sure? Religious certainty scoffs at the very idea. Hey, did you just scoff?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. There will be great weeping and great anger.

The born again are "not appointed to the day of Wrath".

This is SALVATiON, as "the Gift of Eternal Life" and "the Gift of Righteousness"..

Try to understand that the born again are "MADE Righteous", and are "IN CHRIST", and no one "IN CHRIST" will be judged for sin, as they are already "ONE with God".. .""seated in Heavenly Places"..

The born again, meet God as "Heavenly Father", not as Eternal Judge..

So, your religion.. .is absolutely not related to the Salvation of the Born Again who are already "IN Christ"..... @Episkopos

Reactions: Johann

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many Disciples Turn Back
(Matthew 8:18–22; Luke 9:57–62; Luke 14:25–33)

59Jesus said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum. 60On hearing it, many of His disciples said, “This is a difficult teaching. Who can accept it?”

61Aware that His disciples were grumbling about this teaching, Jesus asked them, “Does this offend you? 62Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?

63The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64However, there are some of you who do not believe.”(For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him.)

65Then Jesus said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless the Father has granted it to him.”

66From that time on many of His disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Those are disciples, not Born Again Christians.

See, until Jesus died on the Cross, there was no SALVATION, no 'Christianity"...

This means that when a "disciple" or a follower of Jesus, decided to no longer do that, then for them, it was like being a follower of Buddha.. as they were not Forgive their sin, and they were not born again Yet., as Christ had not died on the Cross, Yet.

Now, AFTER you are born again, you are always born again...........so, how you behave.........has no bearing or consequence regarding the "NEW BIRTH".

A.) You can't stop being born again.