The social gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey, there is a guy on here who claims he knows now to divide the word of truth.

Yet he denies that God doesn’t pay us a divine visitation or revelation to our spirit/ heart...to make our spirit Born Again.

He divides the word of Truth into his truth.

He denies Born Of The Spirit is a Living spirit birth....he thinks it’s a Bible birth...yet has the cheek to pick you up over forgiveness....

Therefore he bears false witness on how we are Born Of The Spirit.....yet he can divide the word of truth...LOL!!
Many resist the spiritual nature of the truth and the power that is available through the Lord over sin. They want grace to mean an amnesty for being sold under sin, a constant forgiveness, rather than the power to walk as Jesus walked. They want forgiveness without holiness. They want words that have no power. They want human beliefs and religious certainty but not faith. The outer man will not survive this world...yet people still rely on their self-preservation mechanisms and self-interest as if God wasn't aware of their antics. They keep burying the inner man thinking they're doing him a favour. We have a double testimony in the bible. We saw how the original people of God failed their calling. And we seem unable to learn from their mistakes. So we have less excuse than they did for not apprehending the truth.

In the past God winked at mankind's ignorance of eternal things. But no longer. It's on us to seek the Lord, to ask, seek and knock until the Lord opens our eyes to the truth. Otherwise we are headed down the same path that the religious ones of Israel went down. They are waiting for us.

But we can turn it around....and repent of what is so obviously just vain religion...without power. Waiting a whole lifetime for a sanctification that never comes? Always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth. The devil knows his business.

People will say...but I have Jesus. Yes, the same way that the Jews have Moses. But a crutch is not the same as either Moses or Jesus condemning those who misappropriate a lifeline that just isn't there for them. If we love God we will obey His commandments. If we have faith then God will translate us into the kingdom realm giving us a testimony like we read in Acts. But people remain unconvinced and un-convicted.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. You have given me something to think about. Maybe He did hear me but allowed me to go my own way until I’d get my fill of it. Maybe that was His answer to “come into my heart.” Maybe the ground was yet too hard. The clogs not yet broken up. It was years of asking then, no relationship.

you asked why was I so wrong about thinking I was His ….when I didn’t even know Him? How maybe He did save me when I said the prayer? Maybe. I’m only saying every thing about me said while I voiced I wanted a relationship with God. I didn’t care to have a relationship with Him. Does that make sense. It was all talk. There is not a relationship that I know of where …you can say you are in that relationship, without having to be invested IN the relationship. It’s pretty obvious when someone is not invested, even when they claim they are…that is why I say I was wrong.
its nice you wanted a relationship with him.

But did you confess you were a sinner and ask him to save you and restore you back into a life with him.

When you say sinners prayer what do you mean?

I agree, many people have probably said this prayer and are still lost.. Thats why I would get into what they were doing, and what were they trusting God for.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I added it because I personally (just an opinion) think Paul would have referred to Saul as the animal.
I see.

But what does that have to do with the actual payment of sin.

The law said we have sinned

It said what happens as a result (animal sacrifice)

this is how the penalty of breaking the law is accomplished so that God would forgive the nation of Israel for her sins for the past year.

This had to be done once a year on the day of atonement.

But we find out. Christ died once. He did what animal and sacrifice could not do. and actually took the wage of sin in our place.. and sat down at the right hand of the father as the mediator with his blood. the blood of atonement.

Reactions: Johann

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is why I said

Romans 7:10-14 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11] For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. [12] Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. [13] Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. [14] For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Yes!

So the law brings death.

Now what must happen to bring life. what will make us, who are dead in trespasses and sins, alive inn Christ,. and why.

Jesus said if this does not happen, we will nto see the kingdom of God. This is the base root of true christianity. to be restored to life with Christ, having our trespasses and sin removed.

As paul said, We have been circumcised with the circumcision done without hands through the baptism in Christ.

Col 2: 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

You see. if it FORGIVENESS that was paid in the cross. He had to wipe out the things which were against us (the wage of sin, and the law) in order to make us alive together with him.

Reactions: Lizbeth and Johann

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think we should be bullied and hounded because we disagree on certain parts of Gods word do you?
Like you bullying and hounding people who do not see how we are born again as you do?
That’s what is happening to Epi...the usual clique on here who seem to be chasing him off the forum.
What is happening is Epi is spreading a false gospel. and he is being confronted by people as he should be
Why would anyone have to force you to believe what they believe?
No one is trying to force anyone to do anything. Please stop with your silly childish accusations. Its not all about you (is this why yuo side with epi so much. Your just like him?)
Sounds like an insecurity within their own belief system.
lol.. We are totally secure sister.. This just proves once again, you have utterly no sense of what we believe or what we think
I know in my spirit that I am 100% Born Again...it can’t be proved though, even though I’ve posted my testimony and shown how we are Born Again using scripture.

Becoming Born Again is a Living spirit birth...that Living spirit birth can only come via a visitation of a divine being, that divine being is the Holy Spirit who witnesses Gods truth to our heart....the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children and Jesus explains to Nicodemus exactly how it happens.

Yet those who apparently divide the word...have no spirit knowledge of this divine encounter on how we become Born Again....they just talk religion and it’s pretty evident imo that they lead themselves through scripture....there is life in spirit talk, I see very little of it on this thread ..

There is LIFE !!...in the Spirit is there not?

Where is that Life in us...the head/ intellect?..seems that way for some on this thread...boring intellectual talk, void of any spiritual truth..
Don't accuse people of dividing the word when you do it yourself. Don;t be the hypocrite like Epi and accuse people of doing the very thing you do almost every time you speak.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, there is a guy on here who claims he knows now to divide the word of truth.

Yet he denies that God doesn’t pay us a divine visitation or revelation to our spirit/ heart...to make our spirit Born Again.

He divides the word of Truth into his truth.

He denies Born Of The Spirit is a Living spirit birth....he thinks it’s a Bible birth...yet has the cheek to pick you up over forgiveness....

Therefore he bears false witness on how we are Born Of The Spirit.....yet he can divide the word of truth...LOL!!
Epi denies the cross is payment for your sin.

Why don;t you accuse epi of doing wrong?

And who denies being born of the spirit is a living birth. are you falsely accusing again? Back up who you are talking about please.. Don;t just make silly accusations.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes!

So the law brings death.

Now what must happen to bring life. what will make us, who are dead in trespasses and sins, alive inn Christ,. and why.

Jesus said if this does not happen, we will nto see the kingdom of God. This is the base root of true christianity. to be restored to life with Christ, having our trespasses and sin removed.

As paul said, We have been circumcised with the circumcision done without hands through the baptism in Christ.

Col 2: 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

You see. if it FORGIVENESS that was paid in the cross. He had to wipe out the things which were against us (the wage of sin, and the law) in order to make us alive together with him.
Amen. The strength of sin is the Law.........but where no Law is there is no transgression.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes!

So the law brings death.

LOL. You are missing the point of the gospel. The point is to be quickened into new life....not an overturning of the law. :cool: The law remains...but the power to overcome as Jesus overcame is provided by Jesus...by grace through faith.

You want the wages of sin to be overturned. But God forgives sin...without the cross.. What the cross brings is FREEDOM from sin and its power. How? By crucifying the part of us that sins......the outer man. Where there is freedom from sin, no more sacrifice is required.

And the law was NOT crucified with Christ. We are liberated from the power of sin (not the wages of sin) in order to be reconciled to a holy God. The cross is about instant holiness and sanctification....instantly translated into the kingdom realm of the Spirit to walk as Jesus walked.

The wages of sin continues to be death....no change in the law. But there is a greater law at work in those who abide in Christ. His law of life...resurrection life....overcomes sin...so the law is satisfied.

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Rom. 8:4

Walking in the Spirit fulfills the law. Does faith eliminate the law...no we establish the law by fulfilling it by the power of the risen Lord.

Do we then make void the law through faith (as you suggest?)? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Rom. 3:31

Anything other than that is religious twaddle.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
:cool: The law remains..

The "Law Remains" for unbelievers who are still under it.

So, keep defining yourself, as we see you.... .

Notice these.

The born again are '""""" Not under The Law, but under GRACE".

"Christ has redeemed (the born again) from the CURSE of THE LAW"..

So, there is the "Law"... its A curse, and unbelievers, = never born again are under it.. whereas the BORN AGAIN are here..

A.) ""Christ is the END OF THE LAW, for RIGHTEOUSNESS to/for everyone who Believes"""

And everyone who BELIEVES, understands that The Cross of Christ is where God FORGAVE THEIR SIN, through the Cross of Christ.. @Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen. The strength of sin is the Law.........but where no Law is there is no transgression.
LOL. Backward logic. There is a law and people continue to transgress it...UNLESS they walk in the power of Christ that FULFILLS the law. According to the gospel and the cross that liberates people from the power of sin....not just forgives them. The law remains....and is the standard by which we can measure our closeness to God. Sin separates from God. But you want the law to disappear?

Are we reconciled to God on His terms? Or are you trying to make God reconciled to us on our terms? Is the law in the way of your own hopes and dreams, so you want to be rid of it?

So you espouse lawlessness?

What about the light of truth? Should we eliminate that too since it exposes our darkness?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. You are missing the point of the gospel.
How can I miss the point of the gospel. when I actually shared the actual gospel?

The point is to be quickened into new life....not an overturning of the law. :cool: The law remains...but the power to overcome as Jesus overcame is provided by Jesus...by grace through faith.
No, the point is to remove the wage of sin, which causes death, so we can be made alive in Christ. Paul made that clear in Colossians 2. Can you even respond directly to the word of God. or do you just feel that all you have to do is attack people and you do nto have to even look at the word?
You want the wages of sin to be overturned. But God forgives sin...without the cross.. What the cross brings is FREEDOM from sin and its power. How? By crucifying the part of us that sins......the outer man.

And the law was NOT crucified with Christ. We are liberated from the power of sin (not the wages of sin) in order to be reconciled to a holy God. The cross is about instant holiness and sanctification....instantly translated into the kingdom realm of the Spirit to walk as Jesus walked.

The wages of sin continues to be death....no change in the law. But there is a greater law at work in those who abide in Christ. His law of life...resurrection life....overcomes sin...so the law is satisfied.

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Rom. 8:4

Walking in the Spirit fulfills the law. Does faith eliminate the law...no we establish the law by fulfilling it by the power of the risen Lord.

Do we then make void the law through faith (as you suggest?)? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Rom. 3:31

Anything other than that is religious twaddle.
Nothing you said here directly responds to colossians 2. And how we were dead in trespasses and sin and he made alive, by removing the penalty of sin.

You can not say anyone is in error. when you do not address this

so since you do not have enough respect for me to respond to what I said. I refuse to show respect to you and respond to your nonsense. which has NOTHING to do with Collossians 2

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Backward logic. There is a law and people continue to transgress it...UNLESS they walk in the power of Christ that FULFILLS the law. According to the gospel and the cross that liberates people from the power of sin....not just forgives them. The law remains....and is the standard by which we can measure our closeness to God. Sin separates from God. But you want the law to disappear?

Are we reconciled to God on His terms? Or are you trying to make God reconciled to us on our terms? Is the law in the way of your own hopes and dreams, so you want to be rid of it?

So you espouse lawlessness?

What about the light of truth? Should we eliminate that too since it exposes our darkness?
yes. we still sin

hence why we need grace. or we are dead where we stand.

Why do you think you will get to heaven just because God said don;t worry, I just forgive you, you do not need to pay for your sin. what Judge does this?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
walk in the power of Christ that FULFILLS the law.

More of your man-man religious concepts.... @Episkopos , are up and running on a circular reasoning dead end self righteous track.

Listen ..

The fact is, that Christ fulfilled the Law on HIS Way to the Cross, and then was judged for the Sin of the world , ON the Cross..

So, when a believer receives Salvation, from God, as "the Gift of Salvation" then they are receiving "Christ's righteousness" who has kept the law, and this is a part of the "imputed righteousness" that is "The Gift of Salvation" that every believer RECEIVES, as "Grace through Faith".

All the Born again are IN CHRIST...........they are not trying to attain this, as it happened when they are Born again as a "new Creation, in Christ" as "ONE with God". = "Made Righteous", having become "THE righteousness of GOD, in Christ.

Welcome to : Salvation

Its a "GIFT"..

"The Gift of Salvation"
"The Gift of Righteousness"
"The Gift of Eternal Life".

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many resist the spiritual nature of the truth and the power that is available through the Lord over sin.
A far departure from the social gospel.

and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
James 2:16 (NLT)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

False. The law remains...we ESTABLISH the law through faith. We fulfill the law by the power of the Spirit.

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Rom. 3:31

You need to read more of Paul's letters. :oops:

You see nothing but what fills you...darkness.
And everyone who BELIEVES, understands that The Cross of Christ is where God FORGAVE THEIR SIN, through the Cross of Christ.. @Episkopos
False. The cross is about liberation from sin in order to partake of Christ and His holiness. Why? For an intimate fellowship with God who is holy. The gospel of reconciliation...on God's terms. God is NOT going to stop being holy. Therefore the law is eternally upheld.

Your lawlessness provides none of that. Just a religious certainty which, like a bubble, will be burst.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Notice these.

The born again are '""""" Not under The Law, but under GRACE".

"Christ has redeemed (the born again) from the CURSE of THE LAW"..

So, there is the "Law"... its A curse, and unbelievers, = never born again are under it.. whereas the BORN AGAIN are here..

A.) ""Christ is the END OF THE LAW, for RIGHTEOUSNESS to/for everyone who Believes"""

if we are still under law. we are without hope.

plain and simple

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False. The law remains...we ESTABLISH the law through faith.

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Rom. 3:31
Yes we establish the law

By acknowledging the purpose of the law. and having been led by the law to christ, which is the purpose of the law
You need to read more of Paul's letters.
You need more of all of Gods word
You see nothing but what fills you...darkness.
We see that in everything you say. No life. No hope. only despair and a false sense of I am ok.. God will not punish me
False. The cross is about liberation from sin in order to partake of Christ and His holiness. Why? For an intimate fellowship with God who is holy. The gospel of reconciliation...on God's terms. God is NOT going to stop being holy. Therefore the law is eternally upheld.

Your lawlessness provides none of that. Just a religious certainty which, like a bubble, will be burst.
False

If jesus did nto pay for your sin, YOUR DEAD.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

That is not Moses Law. that is established., as the Born again do not establish what the are = "not under".

The born again are = "NOT UNDER the Law, but under Grace", and "Christ is the END of the LAW"....

So, what has been established is this SPIRITUAL LAW, that you'll never find in your commentaries @Episkopos
-
-
English Standard Version
For the Law of the SPIRIT of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Berean Standard Bible
For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death.

Berean Literal Bible
For the Law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the Law of sin and death.

King James Bible
For the LAW OF THE SPIRIT = in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

New King James Version
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

New American Standard Bible
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

NASB 1995
For the LAW OF THE SPIRIT in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

NASB 1977
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Legacy Standard Bible

Amplified Bible
For the law of the LAW OF THE SPIRIT of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Reactions: Johann