The social gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making an assumption here of sincerity. I see no reason to make such an assumption.

Just sayin'

Much love!
I see what your saying

He said he saw something, maybe that is how I should have worded it. because he Definately did not see something. he made it up

Reactions: marks

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You only prove my point with your continued behavior. As your past behavior has been, so you continue in your course, railing against others in dishonesty and all that goes with it.

Much love!
I still can not fathom how he is allowed to precede with this behavior. While denying the cross.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I deflect. i deflect to call attention to a false accuser of the brethren and sisters.. Because they have falsely accused them of doing somethign they did not do.

I know. You do not like being called out Especially in public. But then again, you always have your followers.. We know. Because they love your posts. But act in silence,, do you tell them not to speak?
Your gang chases the meek off of forums...because you bully them as you and your gang are doing to me. You have no understanding at all. And you continue to justify yourself for doing wrong all the time.

The meek are quiet...a quiet and gentle spirit that God loves. But your group are railers against the truth.

You can't help it.

The crowd. Away with him...they say. What spirit is that? You don't know yourself.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your gang chases the meek off of forums...
1. I have no gang
2. Meek, you? Lol. Now thats a laugh, You are so full of yourself there is no meekness in you
because you bully them as you and your gang are doing to me.
You do not read your posts do you? I am not bullying you. I am just calling you out for your false gospel and you accusing people falsly..
You have no understanding at all.
Well thanks for your opinion. But at least what I believe lines up with the word. I do nto have to twist the word to make my belief come true. And I point to God. Not self. Like you do.
And you continue to justify yourself for doing wrong all the time.
That would be you
The meek are quiet...a quiet and gentle spirit that God loves. But your group are railers against the truth.
Then your Definately not meek you have not been quiet in all the years I have known you.
You can't help it.

The crowd. Away with him...they say. What spirit is that? You don't know yourself.
Deflection/ once again, you accuse others of doing whay you yourself do

When are you going to repent and have a come to Jesus moment?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I marvel at God's wisdom. To expose darkness by bringing in light where people don't expect it. To expose self-interest in those claim to know Him when they do everything opposite to His commandments. God is fearsome in His judgments. But only the meek will fear and escape that judgment.

Can I get an amen? I didn't think so.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I marvel at God's wisdom. To expose darkness by bringing in light where people don't expect it. To expose self-interest in those claim to know Him when they do everything opposite to His commandments. God is fearsome in His judgments. But only the meek will fear and escape that judgment.

Can I get an amen? I didn't think so.
In order to get an amen, you have to speak truth.

I would love to give you an amen, because it means you have repented and took your eyes off self and put them on God.

But I wont hold my breath

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to get an amen, you have to speak truth.

I would love to give you an amen, because it means you have repented and took your eyes off self and put them on God.

But I wont hold my breath
Pray with hope! God is all wise, able to do amazing things! Have real love in your heart for all, even those who may seem disqualified in your eyes. There is always the opportunity for positive change.

God is able to open a man's ears to hear what comes from his own mouth, and come to realize the true state of his heart. I pray that be the case here.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray with hope! God is all wise, able to do amazing things! Have real love in your heart for all, even those who may seem disqualified in your eyes. There is always the opportunity for positive change.

God is able to open a man's ears to hear what comes from his own mouth, and come to realize the true state of his heart. I pray that be the case here.

Much love!
A lot of what I do in this situation is for those who follow. Hoping they will see the truth and see through him. But there is always hope he will see it himself. And he can lead them out of darkness himself.

Reactions: Lizbeth

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are confusing Jesus with Buddha. If you knew Hebrew better you would know that the prophecies about God dwelling AMONG His people (OT)...as well as in them(NT saints). In the case of Jesus speaking to the Pharisees (NOT NT saints), Jesus was saying that the kingdom of God was in their midst....not inside of them.
The one hopelessly confused and praising Ghandi with your "foreign gospel" diametrically opposed to what stands written is you @Episkopos. And no forgiveness to be found at the Cross of our dear Lord and great God Jesus Christ.

And I'm getting tired of you.

Colossians 1:13 (KJV)
"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son."

1) "Who hath delivered us" (hos errusato hemas) who delivered us," loosed or set us free. 2Co_1:10; Eph_1:13.

2) "From the power of darkness" (ek tes eksousias tou skotous) "out of the power (authority) of the darkness." This refers to an absolute soul or spirit liberty from damnation's - darkness into salvation's light 2Co_4:3-4; Joh_8:12.

3) "And hath translated us" (kai metestesen) “and transferred, stood us up," or carried us upright in a transition. This he did when he not only died to redeem the lost, but also purchased the church, the new worship body, or assembly, by his own blood. Act_20:28; Eph_5:25.

4) "Into the kingdom of his dear Son" (eis ten Basileian tou humiou tes agapes autou) "Into the kingdom or domain of the love of his Son;" as salvation is freely offered and must be freely received by the unbeliever for him to receive salvation, even so translation or a transition from the status of a servant of the Devil to a servant of God while in the flesh requires one’s voluntary acceptance of baptism and obedience to God's call for the believer to follow his Son in the Church in this Church-kingdom age. The Church, in her administrative work today, is the present kingdom of God's dear Son, which He will one day return to receive, for Millennial usage purposes. Luk_19:12-19; Mar_13:34-37.

Explanation: This verse explicitly states that believers have been delivered from darkness and transferred into the kingdom of Christ, indicating a completed action for those who are in Christ.

Romans 14:17 (KJV)
"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

1) "For the kingdom of God is not," (ou gar estin he basileia tou -theou) "Because the kingdom of God (is) does not exist of," or consist of, is not made up of -- The true reign of God over his children is by nature first spiritual, then material, Mat_6:33. To be right with God in life and doctrine is the way to be and stay right with ones brother.

2) "Meat and drink," (Bromis kai posis) "Eating and drinking," mere entertainment, satisfaction for the belly or physical things --things over which there had been controversy among Christians in Rome, Corinth, and Galatia, Gal_4:9-11; Col_2:20-23; Col_3:1-2. Neither receiving nor rejecting meat and drink constitutes the kingdom of God, 1Co_8:8; Heb_13:9.

3) "But" - "but in contrast",
a) "Righteousness," (dikaiosune) "It is by nature righteousness," right principles, morals, and ethical behavior or conduct before God and men.
b) "And peace," (kai eirene) "And it is by nature peace," in contrast with confusion, conflict, and disorder. It means peace with God and ones fellowman, especially in the church, Rom_5:12; Mat_5:9; Php_4:7.
c) "And joy " (kai chara) "And it is by nature joy," a fruit of regeneration, the new spiritual nature, found in Jesus Christ who saves the believer, Luk_2:10; Joh_15:11; Gal_5:22; Joh_16:24; 1Pe_1:8; 1Pe_4:13; 2Jn_1:12.

4) "In the Holy Ghost," (en pneumati hagio) "In the Holy Spirit;" Both peace and joy are fruits of the holy spirit in the believer, reflecting the imputed righteousness of God that is reflected in the new, Divine nature of the believer, Rom_15:13.

Explanation: This verse describes the nature of the Kingdom of God, emphasizing its spiritual qualities of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit, which believers experience in their lives.

Ephesians 2:6 (KJV)
"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."

1) "And hath raised us up together ' (kai sunegeiren) "And hath raised us in close association (with Christ)." The elevation of one from death in trespasses and sins is referred to as a resurrection or a new standing in intimate association with Jesus Christ through the new nature that guarantees the resurrection of the body, Col_3:1-3; Col_2:12-13; Rom_8:11.

2) "And made us sit together" (kai sunekathisen) "And set, put, placed, or enthroned us in close association with (Christ)." Believers now share with Christ a) divine nature, b) joint-heirship, and c) foretaste of the dignity and future dominion that awaits believers in general with special blessings to those who also become members of His church, Eph_3:21.

3) "In heavenly places" (en tois epouraniois) "In the heavenly things," as head over all things to the church, Eph_1:20-22; which is His body, His assembly, His church or working and witnessing agency, Mat_16:18; Mat_28:18-20.

4) "In Christ Jesus" (en christo iesou) "Centered in Christ Jesus" or in the area of His fellowship and labors.

Explanation: This passage states that believers are spiritually raised and seated with Christ in the heavenly realms, signifying their participation in the reign and authority of Christ as part of His kingdom.

Philippians 3:20 (KJV)
"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ."

1) "For our conversation is in heaven" (hemon gar to politeuma en ouranois huparchei) "Because our citizenship exists in the heavens;" where ones citizenship is, is his homeland --a piece, a part of heaven, belongs to every saved person. Joh_14:1-3. Jesus has provided and made appropriate reservation for every saint in heaven, 1Pe_1:3-5; Eph_2:6.

2) "From whence also we look for the Saviour" (eks hou kai sotera apekdechometha) "From where we even tarry or await a Saviour deliverer." The personal return of Jesus from heaven to the earth to bring forth the resurrection of the righteous dead for the reunion of body and soul, the putting down of sin, establishing his righteous rule over all the earth, and effecting a new heaven and new earth is a valid expectation of the church and true believers, Deu_30:3; 1Th_1:9-10; Act_1:9-11.

3) "The Lord Jesus Christ:" (kurion lesson Christon) "(who -is -the) Lord Jesus Christ:" Jesus is not only Saviour or "deliverer" of the soul from eternal wrath but also from ruin and the grave to reunion of life without cessation in a new body of glory, fitted for a position, place, and service of usefulness and honor for coming ages of the Millennium, and heavenlies, without cessation or end of time and being; this is the fuller import or meaning of the Bible term saved or "redeemed", with its Biblical implications, affirmations, and declarations, Rom_1:16; Eph_2:8-9; 2Co_1:10; Eph_1:13.

Explanation: The term "conversation" refers to citizenship. This verse indicates that believers' citizenship is in heaven, reflecting their current membership in God's heavenly kingdom.

Hebrews 12:28 (KJV)
"Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear."

Explanation: This verse speaks of receiving an unshakeable kingdom. The present participle "receiving" suggests an ongoing reality, indicating that believers are already in possession of this kingdom.

These verses collectively affirm that believers are already part of the Kingdom of God, experiencing its spiritual realities and awaiting its full manifestation in the future.

Back to basics for you-the A, B and C's of drinking milk, I'm afraid since your "ideologies" is not the same as the Imperatives of God in Scriptures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lizbeth and marks

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your gang chases the meek off of forums...because you bully them as you and your gang are doing to me
Brother, I have reported this thread to admin...I see imo also, that you are being hounded and bullied.by the usual clique...

I know we don’t agree about the forgiveness of sins.

You just stay strong and know that you are Loved on this forum...

Love you Brother in Christ.

1719350222458.gif

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you prayed to God and asked him to save you, why do you think he did not? That is what I would ask you. Why were you so wrong?
Good question. You have given me something to think about. Maybe He did hear me but allowed me to go my own way until I’d get my fill of it. Maybe that was His answer to “come into my heart.” Maybe the ground was yet too hard. The clogs not yet broken up. It was years of asking then, no relationship.

you asked why was I so wrong about thinking I was His ….when I didn’t even know Him? How maybe He did save me when I said the prayer? Maybe. I’m only saying every thing about me said while I voiced I wanted a relationship with God. I didn’t care to have a relationship with Him. Does that make sense. It was all talk. There is not a relationship that I know of where …you can say you are in that relationship, without having to be invested IN the relationship. It’s pretty obvious when someone is not invested, even when they claim they are…that is why I say I was wrong.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's funny that you don't question the self-interest gang. That's natural. What isn't natural are people with actual spiritual discernment. For you these are aberrations. For that you cry foul.

Do I complain when birds of a feather flock together against me? You betray your true motive in finding your safety in numbers. Follow the crowd.
Yes you complain about it all the time, and you are doing it now, lol. (sorry couldn't resist) ;)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The animal was the payment for sin.

From adam until Christ. it was always the death of an animal which purchased atonement or forgiveness of sin.

Thats why I asked why you added it?
I added it because I personally (just an opinion) think Paul would have referred to Saul as the animal.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Thats not my point, My point is I will not get to heaven by trying to be found using my own righteousness according to the law

How do I know I have sinned? the law..

Have I kept the law? No., If I sin even one time (as james said, if I even stumble in one point) I am guilty of it all

The jew thought he was righteous by the law. That's why paul continually had to fight this false thinking.. By the law is knowledge of sin, that the way to eternal life.
Yes that is why I said
Why does it matter? Because I hear Paul. If he could speak to us saying for sure: God killed an animal…to clothe me. To me that takes on a new meaning of Saul was the animal and I do think Paul would say an animal died …for Paul to be clothed in Christ. But I’m not so sure God killed the animal because of where Paul said sin killed it, but it was the Law of God which is Good and Holy that revealed the animal where by sin worked through the law …the animal was slain. Yes…to me “God killed an animal…to clothe me.” Sounds different now, much like where Joshua stood in the OT and the angel of the Lord said “is this not a brand plucked from the fire?” …”remove the filthy garments” saying “I will give him a change of clothing.”
Romans 7:10-14 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11] For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. [12] Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. [13] Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. [14] For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, I have reported this thread to admin...I see imo also, that you are being hounded and bullied.by the usual clique...

I know we don’t agree about the forgiveness of sins.

You just stay strong and know that you are Loved on this forum...

Love you Brother in Christ.

View attachment 46888
Epi sure knows how to pick thread topics that will stir the pot.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hebrews 12:28 (KJV)
"Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear."

Romans 8:14-17English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba!
Explanation: This verse speaks of receiving an unshakeable kingdom. The present participle "receiving" suggests an ongoing reality, indicating that believers are already in possession of this kingdom
We must be Born Again to see the Kingdom Of God?

Whose Spirit made our spirit Born Again?

As you’re on meat/ Born Again as you say, you should be able to explain this?

A Kingdom which cannot be moved?

Where is this Kingdom that cannot be moved?

Is the Holy Spirit in the Kingdom Of God?

How would you know that the Holy Spirit is in the Kingdom Of God?

What seed is in your spirit?

No divine visitation = no Born Again.

Being Born Of The Spirit = a Living spirit birth = you are not on meat of the Spirit = you are on your own intellectual meat= nothing wrong in studying the scriptures....my question to you is, what is the purpose of “ you” studying the scriptures?

What do you need to know ..if your spirit is Born Again?

What does God say about the chosen, predestined to become his children by His Spirit?

Another question what does dividing the word mean?

How would you know how to divide the word?

Imo, you walk the religious walk and talk the religious talk....meat is in the Spirit, not in your religious talk...

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Epi sure knows how to pick thread topics that will stir the pot.
I don’t think we should be bullied and hounded because we disagree on certain parts of Gods word do you?

That’s what is happening to Epi...the usual clique on here who seem to be chasing him off the forum.

Why would anyone have to force you to believe what they believe?

Sounds like an insecurity within their own belief system.

I know in my spirit that I am 100% Born Again...it can’t be proved though, even though I’ve posted my testimony and shown how we are Born Again using scripture.

Becoming Born Again is a Living spirit birth...that Living spirit birth can only come via a visitation of a divine being, that divine being is the Holy Spirit who witnesses Gods truth to our heart....the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children and Jesus explains to Nicodemus exactly how it happens.

Yet those who apparently divide the word...have no spirit knowledge of this divine encounter on how we become Born Again....they just talk religion and it’s pretty evident imo that they lead themselves through scripture....there is life in spirit talk, I see very little of it on this thread ..

There is LIFE !!...in the Spirit is there not?

Where is that Life in us...the head/ intellect?..seems that way for some on this thread...boring intellectual talk, void of any spiritual truth..

Last edited:

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think we should be bullied and hounded because we disagree on certain parts of Gods word do you?

That’s what is happening to Epi...the usual clique on here who seem to be chasing him off the forum.

Why would anyone have to force you to believe what they believe?

People don't know what manner of spirit they are and will have to behave themselves wisely.

I know we a have a prayer section on this forum. But it would help for people to pray in the other sections of the forum too.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know where the gospel has been deviated and why it happened. It is the very resistance of the flesh to the truth witnessed here that is in the way of restoring the gospel of power and life.
Hey, there is a guy on here who claims he knows now to divide the word of truth.

Yet he denies that God doesn’t pay us a divine visitation or revelation to our spirit/ heart...to make our spirit Born Again.

He divides the word of Truth into his truth.

He denies Born Of The Spirit is a Living spirit birth....he thinks it’s a Bible birth...yet has the cheek to pick you up over forgiveness....

Therefore he bears false witness on how we are Born Of The Spirit.....yet he can divide the word of truth...LOL!!