The social gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He chose you to "not divide the word"??

No doubt you believe that., as your posts prove it, over and over.
Prove that I divide the word?
I don’t need to divide any word, I’m Born Again in my spirit...not Born Again of The penned word.
You don’t even know what it means to be Born Of God’s seed.

Born Again of imperishable seed....

You said we sow that seed..even though God says we are Born Again of imperishable seed.

You need to know in your spirit that you are a spirit child..you don’t, you teach religion.

Self taught religion.

He chose me for his purpose and plan ,take it up with God if it rattles your cage.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You continue to use Jesus as your scapegoat...not realizing that you are an enemy of the cross.

Your personal salvation testimony that you posted on this Forum, does not state that you trusted in Christ, or that you were forgiven your sin.

And you have now shown us, in a Video and in many posts that you believe that "the Cross is NOT About Forgiveness" which explains why your salvation testimony excludes it.

Therefore, you are the last person who needs to be definining being an enemy of the Cross, when you yourself defined Jesus THE Lord on the Cross as "Whipping Boy... and you defined the Grace of God as "free stuff". @Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You said we sow that seed.

Have you ever been to church?
Have you ever heard a sermon?

That is the "seed of the word". being "sown".

Its remarkable that you don't understand this @Ritajanice .

The seed is the Gospel being Preached.

One "sows it".. (gives it out as teaching preaching) and God causes it to grow spiritually.... as "the word of God will not return void".

Look closely at Paul's verse.

Corinthians 3:6​

6 "I planted the SEED, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow"​

See that "seed" ????????????????????????? @Ritajanice ?​

That is the word being preached...​

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have already proven you don't.

@Ritajanice wrote

""""I don’t need to divide the word.""""
I don’t need to divide the word.

Why would I, when I was chosen for Gods purpose and plan, you have no understanding of that..a spirit child of God...I’m led through scripture by the Spirit, I also grow and mature in Christ.

Do you actually know what that means?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you knew God you would see a higher righteousness than our best efforts at fulfilling the law.
I now question your salvation Epi by your outrageous words.

So now, in your typical style, of unfounded accusatory tone, you say I make my best efforts to fulfil the law. I don't Epi, YOU do!

I'm actually being saved today, and I'm much more mature today in Christ, and in the Kingdom of God, still with the same justification, righteousness and holiness, of spiritual works from the heart not from the mouths of men and written on tablets. As the former is very pleasing to God. Your seems to weigh heavily on the latter, that is very displeasing to God, as you have take his Son for granted or for naught, and you do not appreciate or realize the super power of God's Spirit in a believer's life.

You see Epi, I'm not under the law as you apparently are still acting or living in a form of neo-Judaizing, with one foot in the law and the other under grace.

Reactions: Johann

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever been to church?
Have you ever heard a sermon?

That is the "seed of the word". being "sown".

Its remarkable that you don't understand this @Ritajanice .

The seed is the Gospel being Preached.

One "sows it".. (gives it out as teaching preaching) and God

Look closely at Paul's verse.

Corinthians 3:6​

6 "I planted the SEED, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow"​

See that "seed" @Ritajanice ?​

That is the word being preached...​

We are Born Again of imperishable seed...Born Again of Gods seed, His Living seed the Living Holy Spirit.

That spirit knowledge you lack...

Not Born Again of imperishable seed that we preach...Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever....where does that seed liveth and abideth forever...in our spirit/ heart that is where.
...when we had that divine visitation/ Living heart/ spirit revelation....when Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit made our spirit Born Again of His Living seed/ Spirit.
A Living spirit birth...not a Living Bible birth.

A spirit child of God...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are Born Again of imperishable seed...Born Again of Gods seed, His Living seed the Living Holy Spirit.

No verse in a bible says that there is a "gift of faith for believing".
That just the invention of Calvinism-Tulip.

Lets listen to Paul, instead.

Romans 12:3

""""" according as God hath dealt.... to every man (person)....THE. = measure of faith."""

See that ?

Every person has that measure of Faith, and that is why everyone BELIEVES in something....

Here are some examples of the measure of faith given to EVERYONE.....

1.) Atheists BELIEVE that God does not exit.

2.) Evolutionists believe in the "theory of evolution".

3.) Politically corrected and deceived Christians, believe that "Gays are born this way".

4.) Islamic fanatics, believe that Muhammed flew to Heaven on a white horse.

5.) Catholics believe that Mary flew to heaven, also. (Assumption of Mary)

See all that BELIEVING ?????? , = "every person has the measure of Faith".... Paul teaches.

That's how free will operates... we all get to choose what we want to believe and what we want to do next.

So, what God wants is for us to take our FAITH and place it in CHRIST ALONE, and then = "our faith is counted by God as (Christ's) righteousness", on our behalf, for eternity. @Ritajanice

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First we have to know the Living truth by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

I don’t need to divide the word..I know God’s truth in my heart/ spirit....he chose me for his purpose and plan...not for my purpose and plan.
I’m saying if …to rightfully divide the word of truth —to deal your bread out to the poor and hungry —is the same as “take and eat” “eat of My flesh, and Drink of My blood” “this is for the health of your body(as a whole)” …as in Paul said “what was delivered unto me I gave unto you”…. If dividing the bread of truth is eating of that bread “I am the bread of heaven” …

I’m trying to share with you when you hear it time and time again “to rightfully divide the word of truth” used to make others appear destitute. That is not sharing their bread. but stealing bread from the poor and hungry (Imo) just trying to help you have a different perspective on “to rightfully divide (deal) your bread out to the hungry”. Paul again “what was delivered unto me, I gave unto you.”

Maybe you already have that perspective…but I’ve been told time and time again that passage means something that now I’m questioning “is it talking about who is the smartest at putting proper breaks and divisions and cuts in the Bible”?

How significant is to “rightfully divide (deal out your bread to the poor) the word of truth” if it’s to take “communion with His body” yet we say …it’s something else entirely that has nothing at all to do with communion with His body but instead stealing from His body…as in “that is why many of you sleep and are sick” …how many times “this IS for the health of The body(of Christ)”

Not meaning all that to you Rita. It will most likely be another thing like a speed bump in the road, where it will be forgotten in about ten minutes and that will be that. We will go back to all discussing making good cuts and dividing points in the bible
Acts 27:33-35 And while the day was coming on, Paul besought them all to take meat, saying, This day is the fourteenth day that ye have tarried and continued fasting, having taken nothing. [34] Wherefore I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you. [35] And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken it, he began to eat.

Acts 27:36 Then were they all of good cheer, and they also took some meat.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m saying if …to rightfully divide the word of truth —to deal your bread out to the poor and hungry —is the same as “take and eat” “eat of My flesh, and Drink of My blood” “this is for the health of your body(as a whole)” …as in Paul said “what was delivered unto me I gave unto you”…. If dividing the bread of truth is eating of that bread “I am the bread of heaven” …

I’m trying to share with you when you hear it time and time again “to rightfully divide the word of truths” used to make others appear destitute. That is not sharing their bread. but stealing bread from the poor and hungry (Imo) just trying to help you have a different perspective on “to rightfully divide your bread out to the hungry”.

Maybe you already have that perspective…but I’ve been told time and time again that passage means something that now I’m questioning “is it talking about whose is the smartest at putting proper breaks and divisions in the Bible”?

How significant is to “rightfully divide (deal out your bread to the poor) the word of truth” if it’s to take “communion with His body” yet we say …it’s something else entirely that has nothing at all to do with communion with His body but instead stealing from His body…as in “that is why many of you sleep and are sick” …how many times “this IS for the health of the body”

Not meaning all that to you Rita. It will most likely be another thing like a speed bump in the road, where it will be forgotten in about ten minutes and that will be that. We will go back to all discussing making good cuts and dividing pints in the Bible.
Your post makes no sense to me..I’m Born Again therefore was chosen by God for his purpose and plan.

I wasn’t Born Again to rightly divide the word..I’m Born Of The Spirit....therefore Gods workmanship ..working in my heart to bear Jesus fruit and to be made into his image.

This dividing the word makes no sense to me..we know God in our spirit not by rightly dividing the word?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I now question your salvation Epi by your outrageous words.

So now, in your typical style, of unfounded accusatory tone, you say I make my best efforts to fulfil the law. I don't Epi, YOU do!

I said our best efforts as in humanity. I can tell when an ego is involved as in the many here as they take global things personally. I never said you....it is a common thing for all humankind.

Sin is a condition that all mankind faces. The solution is Christ. But how? Does Jesus just look the other way when we sin as many here suggest? Of course not. God is holy and sees right through all our pretenses.

No, grace makes us holy as God is holy. In Him is no sin.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No verse in a bible says that there is a "gift of faith for believing".
That just the invention of Calvinism-Tulip
False..you can’t believe in your spirit without God given faith.

Just as his word says you must be Born Again to know God see the Kingdom Of God

We know God in our spirit...Born of Gods Living seed...we know him in our spirit..biblical.
1 Corinthians 12
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Spiritual Gifts
1Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
4There are different gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different ministries, but the same Lord. 6There are different ways of working, but the same God works all things in all people.
7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in various tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, who apportions them to each one as He determines.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your personal salvation testimony that you posted on this Forum, does not state that you trusted in Christ, or that you were forgiven your sin.

Neither does Jesus forgive the sin of His disciples. Neither does He say Peter you are forgiven for the three times you betrayed Me.

Man, you have invented a religion of forgiveness that satisfies your religious ego. Nowhere in the bible is what you say backed up. It destroys your every argument.
And you have now shown us, in a Video and in many posts that you believe that "the Cross is NOT About Forgiveness" which explains why your salvation testimony excludes it.

My salvation testimony is about being translated into the holy walk ...the same as the apostles and all the saints. You hate that. You would rather be forgiven for continuing sin than know God and be freed from sin. You don't need to be forgiven when you walk in holiness. You need holiness, not forgiveness. Why seek for forgiveness without holiness? Are you trying to avoid God?
Therefore, you are the last person who needs to be definining being an enemy of the Cross, when you yourself defined Jesus THE Lord on the Cross as "Whipping Boy... and you defined the Grace of God as "free stuff". @Episkopos
All on you. It's what you do.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To "walk after" is NT (KJV) terminology for "become a part of"..

So, to Walk After "the Spirit", means that the person is become "in Christ", as "Christ is THAT Spirit".

And because Christ has fulfilled the law, then this means that being "in Christ" is to have become :

"As Jesus is so are the born again, in This world".

That means the born again are "the Righteousness of God, In Christ". = Forever.

The Born again exist in the KOG< and there is no LAW or 10 Commandments found there, as these are for UNBELIEVERS, who live down here.
So, when you try to put the Law on those who exist in the KOG< "IN Christ" "ONE with God", you are proving just how far you are removed from any understanding... regarding.. what The Cross of Christ and the Gift of Salvation, has provided the BELIEVER, born again. .. @Episkopos
I do not adhere to OSAS, but amen to the rest. "To whom much is given much is required"......it doesn't seem as though Epi believes the child of God has been given much at all.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post makes no sense to me..I’m Born Again therefore was chosen by God for his purpose and plan.

I wasn’t Born Again to rightly divide the word..I’m Born Of The Spirit....therefore Gods workmanship ..working in my heart to bear Jesus fruit and to be made into his image.

This dividing the word makes no sense to me..we know God in our spirit not by rightly dividing the word?
Ok let’s try this. Do you share Him with the poor and hungry?

If yes. Then you rightfully divide the word of truth.

That simple. I think. Not some man or scholar or me neither trying to teach you what is “rightfully dividing the word of truth”

You’re sharing your bread, what God has given to you, you give to others. You already rightfully dividing the word of truth in dealing out what you have been given unto the hungry.

Does that help any?

Reactions: amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
False..you can’t believe in your spirit without God given faith.

7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in various tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, who apportions them to each one as He determines.

Do you recall about 2 months ago, you tried to prove that the "gift of the Spirit", (Gift of Faith)... that Paul says are given to the "BORN AGAIN"........CHRISTIANS, <<<<<<<<< (Spiritual Gifts).... the 9 Spiritual Gifts....

You tried to teach this, falsely, 2 months ago as..>>>that spiritual gift is given to UNBELIEVERS, so that they can first (initially) trust in Christ.

You're doing it again, @Ritajanice .

Stop.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you recall about 2 months ago, you tried to prove that the "gift of the Spirit", (Gift of Faith)... that Paul says are given to the "BORN AGAIN"........CHRISTIANS, <<<<<<<<< (Spiritual Gifts).... the 9 Spiritual Gifts....

You tried to teach this, falsely, 2 months ago as..>>>that spiritual gift is given to UNBELIEVERS, so that they can first (initially) trust in Christ.

You're doing it again, @Ritajanice .

Stop.
I’m posting Gods word per say....no faith from God,then you can’t know him in your spirit, period.

No one can grow their own faith without first knowing God in their spirit..that can only happen when Gods Witness His Living Holy Spirit makes our spirit Born Again by His Spirit Power.

Do you know God in your spirit?..or your head?

Do you know that you are a spirit child of God?

Where should you know this?

That’s why we must be Born Again to see the Kingdom Of God!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ok let’s try this. Do you share Him with the poor and hungry?

If yes. Then you rightfully divide the word of truth.

That simple. I think. Not some man or scholar or me neither trying to teach you what is “rightfully dividing the word of truth”

You’re sharing your bread, what God has given to you, you give to others. You already rightfully dividing the word of truth in dealing out what you have been given unto the hungry.

Does that help any?
Are you involved in a Outreach Ministry putting Matthew 25 in action @VictoryinJesus? Familiar with David Wilkerson and the UnderGround Church?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Neither does Jesus forgive the sin of His disciples. Neither does He say Peter you are forgiven for the three times you betrayed Me.

The Cross of Christ, forgave Peter's sin, my sin, and all sin, once we Believe.

Our "Faith is counted by God, as Righteousness."

So, you really are a case of it, @Episkopos , when you stated that Jesus didn't forgive Peter, yet Peter wrote 2 Epistles in the NEW Testament and was Martyr'd for Christ, upside down, on a Cross.
That's how He died, literally, for His Savior.
Judas had a bit of a different "END".

My salvation testimony is about being translated into the holy walk .

Your salvation testimony said that bible words entered your eyes, and you read next a verse that Peter wrote and you "realized i was born again".

So, where is the ........>>"I trusted in Christ"..
Where is the "Jesus forgave my sin".
Where is the CROSS in your Salvation testimony?

You could revise it, and add it in, and change a few sentences, and add in the word " Forgiven, ".. however, as you say that "the Cross is not about Forgiveness" i guess you are kinda "stuck".

I'll leave you to decide how you will adjust it for "content" before you repost it., as i dont think you are going to post it here "as is"..

You know better..........but that does not make it good.

Pavel Mosko

Dec 19, 2021
Boyertown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we see that followers of Jesus' humanity (social gospel) are challenging us to NOT be hypocritical in our witness to the world?

As far as I'm concerned the Social Gospel is a product of Modernity, Humanism and Christian Liberalism. Yes many Christian Churches, denominations probably should be doing more ministry to the community than they do. But for folks that are going to plug the Social Gospel as an ideal I will just have to refer you to the Roman Catholic Church, Seventh Day Adventists, Christian Missionary Alliance, and Salvation Army. Now 3 of those groups were around before the Social Gospel, and I bet most believers here would have big doctrinal issues with two of them (Catholicism and Adventism).