The Modern Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are as much in darkness as she is-no offense
1 Peter 2:9
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

New Living Translation
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

English Standard Version
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Berean Standard Bible
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Berean Literal Bible
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of the One having called you out of darkness into His marvelous light,

King James Bible
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

New King James Version
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's all they have...they have a physical bible...and an ego...and no humility.
You meant you have a physical bible, experiences and divine visitations and a huge ego-right?

Rabbinical writings do not explicitly state "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life," but similar themes can be found in Jewish literature, particularly in the discussions about the nature of the Torah, the role of intention, and the Spirit in fulfilling the Law.

Rabbinical Writings and Themes:
The Nature of the Torah:

Rabbinical Emphasis on the Life-Giving Nature of Torah:
The Torah is often described in Rabbinical literature as life-giving and a source of wisdom. For instance, the Mishnah, in Pirkei Avot (Ethics of the Fathers) 6:1, says: "Rabbi Meir says: Whoever occupies himself with the Torah for its own sake merits many things; furthermore, the entire world is worthwhile for his sake. He is called a friend, beloved; loves God, loves mankind; pleases God, pleases mankind. And it clothes him in humility and reverence; it prepares him to be righteous, pious, upright, and faithful; and it keeps him far from sin, and brings him near to merit."
Intention and Spirit in the Law:

Kavanah (Intention) in Observance:
Rabbinical thought emphasizes the importance of kavanah (intention) in the performance of mitzvot (commandments). In the Talmud, Berachot 13a, it states: "R. Judah said in the name of Rab: A person should always engage in Torah and the commandments even if it is not for their own sake, for out of engaging in them not for their own sake, he will ultimately come to engage in them for their own sake."
This highlights that the spirit or intention behind the observance of the Law is crucial for it to be life-giving and meaningful.
Spirit of the Law vs. Letter of the Law:

Balancing Strict Adherence and Compassion:
The Talmud (Sanhedrin 6b) discusses the principle of lifnim mishurat hadin (beyond the letter of the law), where it encourages acting with mercy and compassion beyond strict legal requirements: "Our Rabbis taught: Justice, justice shalt thou follow (Deuteronomy 16:20): one [form of justice] in strict law, the other in compromise."
This suggests a balance between the literal observance of the law and the compassionate, spirit-led application.
Themes Resonating with "The Letter Kills, But the Spirit Gives Life":
The Torah as Life-Giving:

While Paul contrasts the "letter" (the Law) with the "Spirit," Rabbinical literature often emphasizes that the Torah itself is life-giving when understood and practiced with the right intention and spirit. The life-giving nature of the Torah is a common theme, as seen in Proverbs 3:18, which is often cited: "She [the Torah] is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed."
The Danger of Legalism:

There is an implicit acknowledgment in Rabbinical writings that a purely legalistic approach to the Torah can be detrimental. The Talmud (Pesachim 50b) notes, "Rabbi Simlai taught: One should always be cunning in the fear of God, answering softly, and increasing peace with his brethren, and with his relatives, and with every man, even with the Gentile in the street, so that he should be beloved above and pleasant below, acceptable to all his fellowmen."
This suggests that mere literal adherence without the right spirit can lead to undesirable outcomes.
Conclusion:
While Rabbinical literature does not explicitly phrase "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life," it contains themes that resonate with Paul's teaching. The Torah is viewed as life-giving, and the importance of intention (kavanah) and the spirit in observing the Law is emphasized. Rabbinical writings recognize the potential pitfalls of a purely legalistic approach and advocate for a balance between the letter of the Law and its compassionate, spirit-led application.

Not that I believe these Sages but your "quotation" doesn't mean we shouldn't STUDY the Scriptures-it is binding on us TO study the Scriptures for where else would you find truth in this Age of Enlightment?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is not God and I rebuke your false teachings that you say it is.
God is scripture. Rebuke away. It meaningless.
Faith is a gift from God..human faith cannot believe in their spirit without God gifted faith..that is wher we know God in our spirit..that’s why we must be Born Again.
There is no such thing as human faith

I either trust Gid or I trust self

Who do you trust

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rebuke what you believe The scriptures to be saying, you bear false witness and add to Gods word on how we are Born Again.

That is not how God says our spirit is Born Again..so I rebuke your claim.on how you believe we are Born Again..it has no standing in Gods word.

We are Born Of The Spirit/ Born Again/ Born Again of imperishable seed...that is Gods true word.

There is no mistaking Gods word and His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit..will rebuke your words through me..in Jesus Name. Amen!
Your words are false and in error.
lol.

And he rebukes what you believe

Now let’s get to what the word says shall else and stop rebuking each other we are not God

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people try using the bible against the Spirit, they are not really upholding the bible at all. The bible points to the Spirit and doesn't need to be defended against it.

The letter kills, the Spirit gives life.

... to serve God by the newness of the Spirit, not in the oldness of the letter.

No respect for either God or His words. No fear at all.
So then why do you disrespect gods word?

Reactions: Johann

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos ..I will leave you to it Brother...shaking my head that they believe God is the written word, in fact I’m shocked and gobsmacked anyone can think such a thing.

I would be petrified to say such a thing..
Shaking my head you think gods word is anything but gods spoken word and himself

When I write a letter that letter is me. It is my words my thoughts and my actions

Gods written word is his love letter to mankind

It’s sad you do not believe this

Reactions: Cassandra

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is scripture. Rebuke away. It meaningless.
God is not scripture...
There is no such thing as human faith

I either trust Gid or I trust self

We can’t trust or know God without being Born Again by His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.
Who do you trust
I know God in my spirit....I couldn’t trust God without His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

Testifying Gods truth to my heart/ spirit.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Shaking my head you think gods word is anything but gods spoken word and himself

When I write a letter that letter is me. It is my words my thoughts and my actions

Gods written word is his love letter to mankind

It’s sad you do not believe this
Just shows your disrespect for God..god how disrespectful.

I knew there was something wrong in my spirit.

God is not the Bible ,it also shows you have no spiritual knowledge or understanding whatsoever.

You called God The Bible.

That’s on you not me.

Well, at least we got that cleared up.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not scripture...
I thought you said you were done. Did you lie again?

Scripture is Gods holy word it speaks everything we can understand about him
We can’t trust or know God without being Born Again by His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.
Whatever
I know God in my spirit....I couldn’t trust God without His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.
Yam. This is your answer to everything it gets old.
Testifying Gods truth to my heart/ spirit.
The learn his truth. Not your own truth. You can’t even interpret what we say right would would we think you interpret what god says right?

I

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I thought you said you were done. Did you lie again?

Scripture is Gods holy word it speaks everything we can understand about him

The Bible is not Holy...God is Holy.
Whatever

Yam. This is your answer to everything it gets old.

The learn his truth. Not your own truth. You can’t even interpret what we say right would would we think you interpret what god says right?

I
We learn Gods truth as a spirit child...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just shows your disrespect for God..god how disrespectful.
I am not disrespecting God.
I knew there was something wrong in my spirit.

God is not the Bible ,it also shows you have no spiritual knowledge or understanding whatsoever.
Gods not in the Bible. Does the owners hear this stuff? The bi or is all about god it’s why he wrote it
You called God The Bible.
Know u called the Bible god. Is his word it is him
That’s on you not me.

Well, at least we got that cleared up.
I doubt it. You will be back accusing the brethren again

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh but we do.
If you did you would not falsely accuse us moment by moment day by day
You said God is the Bible...that is 100% bearing false witness to Gods Living Spirit.
No I say the Bible is god.

You can’t even get that right. Here you are on your tangent again do you ever stop?

Did not you say you were leaving? Oh wait you said yesterday just
Until I show up. You feel it is your job to attack everything I say?

You’re the one bearing false witness. Almost every time you accuse anyone of saying something they have not said

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing-we are to test error from truth and not the person, yet they judge us AND the the Scriptures.
She is on a vendetta against me. Until the owners make her stop there is nothing we can do but expose it

Like I told them it does not do any good to ignore her. Because she will just do it to other people.

She has a history which shows this is true

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not disrespecting God.

Gods not in the Bible. Does the owners hear this stuff? The bi or is all about god it’s why he wrote it
God is not the Bible.

Do you actually understand that God is a Living Spirit?

Do you actually understand that being Born Of The Spirit..is a Living Spirit birth?
Know u called the Bible god. Is his word it is him

I doubt it. You will be back accusing the brethren again
You bear false witness and the Spirit will not have you say that God is the Bible.

Reactions: Episkopos

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you did you would not falsely accuse us moment by moment day by day

No I say the Bible is god.
The Bible is not God..
You can’t even get that right. Here you are on your tangent again do you ever stop?

Did not you say you were leaving? Oh wait you said yesterday just
Until I show up. You feel it is your job to attack everything I say?
I will continue to show readers and guests that God is not the Bible ..he is a Living Spirit
You’re the one bearing false witness. Almost every time you accuse anyone of saying something they have not said
You said God is the Bible you and @Johann are you going to retract that statement?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
She is on a vendetta against me. Until the owners make her stop there is nothing we can do but expose it

Like I told them it does not do any good to ignore her. Because she will just do it to other people.

She has a history which shows this is true
And she is goading the members-would seem there are rules and that is good and wholesome, just not applicable for @Ritajanice who are clueless when it comes to the Bible. And there is no pride in me for saying this, just factual statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.