The Modern Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes no sense to my spirit?
Autocorrect. Whe we receive him
That’s not how we become Born Of The Spirit...
I know that’s what you believe
No problem..I go by Gods word and won’t budge on how his word says we are Born Again.
lol. Same here I will not budge from gods word either

And we both can’t be right
I have taken nothing away from the word of God...I stand on his word and will continue to do so..when it comes to being Born Of The Spirit.
We can not agree because you select only parts of verses in my view. Not the whole
No worries..as I say I stand on Gods word and only his word.
So it must be alive after all is that what you are saying ?

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which word?

λόγος (logos):

Occurrences: John 1:1, 14; Revelation 19:13, etc.
Meaning: Word, speech, message, reason. Used in John 1:1 to refer to Jesus Christ as the Word (Logos) of God.
ῥῆμα (rhēma):

Occurrences: Luke 1:37; Ephesians 6:17; Romans 10:17, etc.
Meaning: Utterance, word spoken. Often used in contexts emphasizing the spoken or declared word of God.
γραφή (graphē):

Occurrences: 2 Timothy 3:16; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:20, etc.
Meaning: Writing, Scripture. Specifically refers to written Scripture in the New Testament.
ἐντολή (entolē):

Occurrences: John 14:15; 1 John 2:7; Matthew 5:19, etc.
Meaning: Commandment, precept, instruction. Refers to the commandments of God or Jesus.
πνεῦμα (pneuma):

Occurrences: John 6:63; Romans 8:16; 2 Corinthians 3:6, etc.
Meaning: Spirit, breath, wind. Used to refer to the Holy Spirit or spiritual matters.
διδαχή (didachē):

Occurrences: Acts 2:42; Romans 6:17; 1 Timothy 4:13, etc.
Meaning: Teaching, instruction. Refers to the teaching or doctrine passed down in the early Church.
ἐπιστολή (epistolē):

Occurrences: 1 Corinthians 5:9; Colossians 4:16; 2 Peter 3:16, etc.
Meaning: Letter, epistle. Refers to the letters written by apostles and leaders of the early Church.
These Greek words are key to understanding various aspects of the Scriptures, teaching, and spiritual life as presented in the New Testament. Each word carries specific nuances and meanings that contribute to the richness of biblical theology and doctrine.

Care to elaborate?
I stand on God’s Living word..His witness the Living Holy Spirit...I don’t need to stand on scripture and commentaries like you do.

We must be Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit...scripture and commentaries can’t bring your spirit Alive in Christ I’m afraid...only Gods Living witness His Living Holy Spirit can do that...a Living spirit birth.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Autocorrect. Whe we receive him
No that is not how God says we are Born Of The Spirit.
I know that’s what you believe

lol. Same here I will not budge from gods word either

And we both can’t be right

We can not agree because you select only parts of verses in my view. Not the whole

So it must be alive after all is that what you are saying ?
No I have not selected any parts of scripture..I’ve posted how we are Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit..we are Born Of The Spirit...a Living spirit birth.. just as Gods word says..nothing added nothing taken away.

I:don’t need to keep searching the scriptures to know that my spirit is Born Again..why would I need to do that..when it’s a Living Spirit birth?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stand on God’s Living word..His witness the Living Holy Spirit...I don’t need to stand on scripture and commentaries like you do.
So the word is meaningless
We must be Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit...scripture and commentaries can’t bring your spirit Alive in Christ I’m afraid...only Gods Living witness His Living Holy Spirit can do that...a Living spirit birth.
So you limit the power of God. Thank you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that is not how God says we are Born Of The Spirit.
It is when we are born if the spirit

Please Look up the word how and when and understand they have different meanings
No I have not selected any parts of scripture..I’ve posted how we are Born Again by Gods Living
Yes. But you skip the part that says when
Witness His Living Holy Spirit..we are Born Of The Spirit...a Living spirit birth.. just as Gods word says..nothing added nothing taken away.
I know you believe this I disagree
I:don’t need to keep searching the scriptures to know that my spirit is Born Again..why would I need to do that..when it’s a Living Spirit birth?
Because if things you say.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why do you have to study scripture?

Who leads you through scripture?

Scripture can only be understood in our spirit...why is that?

Have you grown and matured in the Spirit?

Who works in your heart/ spirit bringing you to Gods truth?

How can we know God without being Born Of The Spirit?

I am led by the Spirit and no I don’t have to read scripture and post commentaries like you do...to know that I’m Born Again..I have that security in my spirit..from day one...33 yrs ago.

How long have you been Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit?
So I take this as a YES-you are promulgating that after your "rebirth" experience there's NO need for further growth in knowledge and studies of Scriptures! And reject your testimony since it is not in alignment WITH the written word.

Joshua 1:8 (NIV)

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."
Psalm 119:105 (NIV)

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."
Psalm 119:11 (NIV)

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Romans 15:4 (NIV)

"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."
Acts 17:11 (NIV)

"Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."
Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Matthew 4:4 (NIV)

"Jesus answered, 'It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’’"
James 1:22 (NIV)

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."
2 Peter 1:19 (NIV)

"We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts."

These scriptures highlight various reasons why studying the Bible is crucial for spiritual growth, understanding God's will, and living a faithful Christian life.

And with this I rest my case.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say the Bible is God..then you bear false witness against God’s Living witness His Living Holy Spirit.

That’s on you.
So first you accuse of saying that God was the Bible now your doing a 180

And you have no vendetta against me.

Should I be honored that I have you so flustered you can’t stop attacking me every way you can ?

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So the word is meaningless

The written word does not make our spirit Born Again..

We grow and mature in the spirit...how can the written word make you into Jesus image...?..how can the written word bear the fruit of Jesus?

Whose at work in you spirit/ heart?

Who indwells your spirit?

The Bible or Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit?
So you limit the power of God. Thank you
I’ve already explained to you that you can’t limit Gods power to the written word..His Power is in his witness the Living Holy Spirit...the Bible tells you how God draws us to Jesus...he does it through His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit....you don’t need a Bible to be Born Of The Spirit..that is a Living spirit birth,,,not a Bible birth.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

I reject your testimony since it is not in alignment with the written word--not the first time you are advocating that after your "rebirth" experience there's no need to study the Bible-let's keep this REAL simple-

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."

"Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

"Jesus answered, 'It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’’"

"We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts."

These scriptures highlight various reasons why studying the Bible is crucial for spiritual growth, understanding God's will, and living a faithful Christian life.

--your words-diametrically opposed to the written word.

Shalom-have a great life
Johann.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I take this as a YES-you are promulgating that after your "rebirth" experience there's NO need for further growth in knowledge and studies of Scriptures! And reject your testimony since it is not in alignment WITH the written word.

And with this I rest my case.
All of my posts are scriptural...you haven’t been able to prove them wrong in the Spirit.

You just continue to post reams and reams of scripture and other people’s commentaries.

Prove my posts wrong in the Spirit please.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is when we are born if the spirit

Please Look up the word how and when and understand they have different meanings
No, I don’t have to look up any words of scripture to know that my spirit is Born Again...that is a Living spirit birth..and I’ve posted Gods word regarding being Born Of The Spirit..it’s exactly how Jesus explains it to Nicodemus.
Yes. But you skip the part that says when

I know you believe this I disagree

Because if things you say.
As I’ve just said ..we do not need to quote scripture to know that our spirit is Born Again...that is a Living spirit birth..that only Gods Living witness His Living Holy Spirit can perform.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The written word does not make our spirit Born Again..
I never said it did. But your so out to prove me wrong you can’t hear a word u say
We grow and mature in the spirit...how can the written word make you into Jesus image...?..how can the written word bear the fruit of Jesus?
How?

Have you ever heard of an instruction manual? Why do you think God gave us his word. So it can sit in the shelf and collect dust?
Whose at work in you spirit/ heart?

Who indwells your spirit?

The Bible or Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit?
Again I am not playing this game. These questions are meaningless your fishing.
I’ve already explained to you that you can’t limit Gods power to the written word..
I don’t. I never did. But again you never listen to anything I say so you keep Making the same Mistake over and over if thinking I said otherwise
His Power is in his witness the Living Holy Spirit...the Bible tells you how God draws us to Jesus...he does it through His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit....you don’t need a Bible to be Born Of The Spirit..that is a Living spirit birth,,,not a Bible birth.
He does so in many ways

Your right I do not need a bible. But the words that I found to trait in that lefts me to trust in God can be found in the word. If not. My faith is not biblically sound.

Reactions: Johann

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don’t have to look up any words of scripture to know that my spirit is Born Again...
I did not ask you to look up words of scripture. I asked you to look up defenition a of the word how and when.

that is a Living spirit birth..and I’ve posted Gods word regarding being bBorn Of The Spirit..it’s exactly how Jesus explains it to Nicodemus.
Yes how. Not tell Me when. Jesus told us when. Can you repeat Jesus words?
As I’ve just said ..we do not need to quote scripture to know that our spirit is Born Again...that is a Living spirit birth..that only Gods Living witness His Living Holy Spirit can perform.
Yes I know you believe this. But you also can not support your view this way. You may convince yourself. But that foes
Not help anyone else you may be trying to teach or guide

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I never said it did. But your so out to prove me wrong you can’t hear a word u say

How?

Have you ever heard of an instruction manual? Why do you think God gave us his word. So it can sit in the shelf and collect dust?
There are no instructions on how we become Born Of The Spirit...I rebuke that suggestion..i can only go by the word of God and by Gods Living witness His Living Holy Spirit..can’t go by your word, sorry.
Again I am not playing this game. These questions are meaningless your fishing.
Not sure what fishing means!
I don’t. I never did. But again you never listen to anything I say so you keep Making the same Mistake over and over if thinking I said otherwise

He does so in many ways

Your right I do not need a bible. But the words that I found to trait in that lefts me to trust in God can be found in the word. If not. My faith is not biblically sound.
I trust in God in my spirit I don’t need scripture to trust in God, I know him in my spirit...he witnesses Gods truth to my heart/ spirit just as he’s doing now...we communicate Spirit to spirit...then what I hear him say, I check with scripture..that’s how we’ve always communicated.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Afraid it is and still I wait for you to prove it isn’t?

Posting reams and reams of scripture and other people’s commentaries proves nothing.
You are playing a dangerous game, not knowing it-you reject the written scriptures and Imperatives not even aware you are doing it.
1 John 4:1-3 (NIV)

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."
Matthew 7:15-16 (NIV)

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"
1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 (NIV)

"Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil."

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 (NIV)

"For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve."
Galatians 1:8-9 (NIV)

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!"
1 Corinthians 12:3 (NIV)

"Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, 'Jesus be cursed,' and no one can say, 'Jesus is Lord,' except by the Holy Spirit."
Matthew 24:24 (NIV)

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect."
2 Timothy 4:3-4 (NIV)

"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."
Proverbs 14:15 (NIV)

"The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps."
These scriptures underscore the importance of discernment and testing the spirits to ensure they align with God's truth revealed in Scripture. Testing the spirits helps believers avoid deception and remain faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Have a great day.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did not ask you to look up words of scripture. I asked you to look up defenition a of the word how and when.
I don’t need to do any of that either..I know 100% in my spirit I’m Born Again..
Yes how. Not tell Me when. Jesus told us when. Can you repeat Jesus words?
Already done that..you disagreed with the scripture I posted..then put your own spin on how we’re Born Of The Spirit... i 100 % disagreed with your spin that you added to Gods word.
Yes I know you believe this. But you also can not support your view this way. You may convince yourself. But that foes
Not help anyone else you may be trying to teach or guide
You do not have to read a Bible to be Born Of The Spirit..just as Gods word says..

We are Born from Above by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit...and no other...a Living spirit birth..

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are playing a dangerous game, not knowing it-you reject the written scriptures and Imperatives not even aware you are doing it.
1 John 4:1-3 (NIV)

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."
Matthew 7:15-16 (NIV)

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"
1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 (NIV)

"Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil."

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 (NIV)

"For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve."
Galatians 1:8-9 (NIV)

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!"
1 Corinthians 12:3 (NIV)

"Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, 'Jesus be cursed,' and no one can say, 'Jesus is Lord,' except by the Holy Spirit."
Matthew 24:24 (NIV)

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect."
2 Timothy 4:3-4 (NIV)

"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."
Proverbs 14:15 (NIV)

"The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps."
These scriptures underscore the importance of discernment and testing the spirits to ensure they align with God's truth revealed in Scripture. Testing the spirits helps believers avoid deception and remain faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Have a great day.

I would be playing a very dangerous game if I listened to you..you post reams and reams of scripture, then other people’s commentaries and now dangerous video teachings from goodness knows who.

It’s sad because you should know in your spirit that you are Born Again..not by posting reams and reams of scripture other people’s commentaries and now dangerous teachings from goodness knows who...i rebuke everything that you post..apart from the scriptures on how God tells us were Born Of The Spirit.

We don’t need any Bible for the spirit birth readers and guests...many, many have been Born of the Spirit having never read a Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.