The Modern Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture says the written word was inspired by God, men were under His influence while writing it..
It says more than this it says god breathed the words through them. They just write the words down
God did not come down from heaven and penned the written word....His Spirit is to powerful to do that, we would all die if he came down..we can’t even comprehend how powerful his Spirit is.
So your once again not saying God can do everything but restricting him

dulyNoted
In the beginning was the word...Gods Living word..it must be a Living word as he made the heavens and the earth..His Living word / Spirit got Mary pregnant?
The word spoken there is the same word written down for us to witness and see
You said the Bible is Alive in the Spirit..no it’s not..it’s penned.
It’s to bad you fail to think the bible or is living

It is his word written down under the influence of the Spirit by men.
God breathed
You must know God in our spirit before we can be led through his written word, that happens when we are Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.
lol yea. But not everyone who says they are born again are. And not everyone who is born again gets everything right
You said the Bible was Alive in Gods Spirit...no it’s not.
Thanks for you opinion I disagree
The Bible is not Alive in Spirit, it is penned in ink.
Thanks for your opinion to me it is more than ink
The Spirit is Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit..he has the Living power to make our spirit Born Again...a spirit birth..then we are+spirit children and not before.
Yes when we do what he says.

God can bring us to that repentance so we can do what he says

Reactions: Johann

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes whe know you believe this

we just do not believe it
You van believe that the Bible is Alive in the Spirit and i 100% disagree with you...because we receive a Living spirit birth when we become Born Again in our spirit by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit
yes, i was born of the spirit. I heard the word of truth the gospel of my salvation, and I trusted it, That is how I was born again
That is not how Gods word says we are Born Again...that is your testimony..and I have no intention of questioning it..I just go by what is penned in Gods word on how we are Born Again..
because his word is living, its not dead
His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit is very much Alive and Active.
It tells us how we can become born again, because it is living
The word tells you how you become Born Again..it also tells you how we are Born Of The Spirit.....by Gods Witness His Living Holy Spirit.
So why do you denounce the written word so
Much?
I do not denounce the written word at all..it does not make our spirit Born Again..that is what I rebuke.
With or without the word?

How do you test what people say. How do you know if they are right or wrong. How do you test yourself?
God’s Living witness His Living Holy Spirit..testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children...that is the Living spirit birth..that no man can do.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You said the Bible is Alive in the Spirit..no it’s not..it’s penned.
Yet another error--

Corrected Statement:
"You mentioned that the Bible is alive in the Spirit. Indeed, it is not merely penned; it is 'God-breathed' (θεόπνευστος) and 'living and active' (ζῶν καὶ ἐνεργής) according to the Scriptures."

Explanation with Greek Terms, Morphology, and Syntax:
θεόπνευστος (theopneustos):

Greek Text: πᾶσα γραφὴ θεόπνευστος καὶ ὠφέλιμος (2 Timothy 3:16)
Translation: "All Scripture is God-breathed and useful."
Morphology:
θεόπνευστος: Adjective, nominative singular feminine (describing γραφὴ - Scripture)
Syntax: Describes the divine inspiration and origin of the Scriptures.
ζῶν καὶ ἐνεργής (zon kai energēs):

Greek Text: Ζῶν γὰρ ὁ λόγος τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ ἐνεργὴς (Hebrews 4:12)
Translation: "For the word of God is living and active."
Morphology:
ζῶν (zon): Present active participle, nominative singular masculine (describing λόγος - word)
ἐνεργής (energēs): Adjective, nominative singular masculine (describing λόγος - word)
Syntax: Emphasizes the dynamic and powerful nature of God's word.

Hebrew Perspective:
דָּבָר יְהוָה (dabar YHWH):
Hebrew Text: לֹא יָשׁוּב אֵלַי רֵיקָם (Isaiah 55:11)
Translation: "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty."
Morphology:
דָּבָר (dabar): Noun, masculine singular (word)
יְהוָה (YHWH): Proper noun (the divine name)

Syntax: Indicates that God's word is purposeful and effective, not merely written text.
Integrated Statement:
"You mentioned that the Bible is alive in the Spirit. Indeed, it is not merely penned; it is 'God-breathed' (θεόπνευστος) and 'living and active' (ζῶν καὶ ἐνεργής) according to the Scriptures. As stated in 2 Timothy 3:16 and Hebrews 4:12, the divine nature of the Bible means it is both inspired by God and dynamically effective in its purpose."

Summary:
This corrected statement integrates Greek terms and biblical concepts to accurately reflect the theological understanding that the Bible is not just a written text but is inspired by God, living, and active in its impact and purpose.

Johann.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You van believe that the Bible is Alive in the Spirit and i 100% disagree with you...
That’s fine it does not make you right
because we receive a Living spirit birth when we become Born Again in our spirit by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit
Whatever
That is not how Gods word says we are Born Again...
Yes that is how it is not why

That is not why though that is your testimony..and I have no intention of questioning it..I just go by what is penned in Gods word on how we are Born Again..
Yet you skip over parts of gods word that support what u said

Don’t go by My testimony. It does not prove what I say. Go by gods word
His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit is very much Alive and Active.
So is his word
The word tells you how you become Born Again..it also tells you how we are Born Of The Spirit.....by Gods Witness His Living Holy Spirit.
Yes. By trusting in him
He who believes is not condemned. And is born again
I do not denounce the written word at all..it does not make our spirit Born Again..that is what I rebuke.
You do ever time you say it’s not living
God’s Living witness His Living Holy Spirit..testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children...that is the Living spirit birth..that no man can do.
I am not responding to this anymore.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then the bible is meaningless. Let’s throw it out
Who said the Bible is meaningless..we grow and mature in the written word..we wouldn’t die without it,
we just wouldn’t grow in our spirit ...we are a spirit child therefore grow and mature in Christ in our spirit as we are Born Again.
He talked to him

Did he father talk to Jesus through the word?
God spoke to Jesus by His Spirit?..Spirit to Spirit...God is a Spirit, he is not a human and doesn’t communicate like a human.
Keep believing that.

God breathed. Do you know what this means?
The breath of God is Spirit, mighty powerful and beyond our comprehension.
Whatever

The bi or says otherwise. Your argument is with the word not me
My argument is with you saying the written word is Alive in the Spirit..no it’s not.
Yet you say you had to be born again first hence you limited the power of God
What on earth does this mean? make absolutely no sense, please clarify?
I never said otherwise. Stop claiming I did

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet another error--

Corrected Statement:
"You mentioned that the Bible is alive in the Spirit. Indeed, it is not merely penned; it is 'God-breathed' (θεόπνευστος) and 'living and active' (ζῶν καὶ ἐνεργής) according to the Scriptures."

Morphology:
θεόπνευστος: Adjective, nominative singular feminine (describing γραφὴ - Scripture)

Morphology:
ζῶν (zon): Present active participle, nominative singular masculine (describing λόγος - word)
ἐνεργής (energēs): Adjective, nominative singular masculine (describing λόγος - word)

Hebrew Perspective:
דָּבָר יְהוָה (dabar YHWH):
Hebrew Text: לֹא יָשׁוּב אֵלַי רֵיקָם (Isaiah 55:11)
Translation: "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty."
Morphology:
דָּבָר (dabar): Noun, masculine singular (word)
יְהוָה (YHWH): Proper noun (the divine name)

Syntax: Indicates that God's word is purposeful and effective, not merely written text.
Integrated Statement:
"You mentioned that the Bible is alive in the Spirit. Indeed, it is not merely penned; it is 'God-breathed' (θεόπνευστος) and 'living and active' (ζῶν καὶ ἐνεργής) according to the Scriptures. As stated in 2 Timothy 3:16 and Hebrews 4:12, the divine nature of the Bible means it is both inspired by God and dynamically effective in its purpose."

Summary:
This corrected statement integrates Greek terms and biblical concepts to accurately reflect the theological understanding that the Bible is not just a written text but is inspired by God, living, and active in its impact and purpose.

Johann.
The Bible is not Alive in the Spirit..you are the one in error..Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit..is Alive.....that’s who our spirit is Born Again by......by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit..and not by a load of scripture and commentaries.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Whatever

So is his word

Yes. By trusting in him

You have tried, I'll give you credit for that.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said the Bible is meaningless..we grow and mature in the written word..we wouldn’t die without it,
we just wouldn’t grow in our spirit ...we are+a spirit child therefore grow in our spirit as we are Born Again.

God spoke to Jesus by His Spirit?..

You pretty Much do when you say it is not living and just mere words of men
Spirit to Spirit...God is a Spirit, he is not a human and doesn’t communicate like a human.
Your right but no sure how this proves your point.
The breath of God is Spirit, mighty powerful and beyond our comprehension.
Yes and he spoke to
Men and they wrote these words down for all to see in effect they spoke the words of god and wrote those words down

That’s what God breathed means
My argument is with you saying the written word is Alive in the Spirit..no it’s not.
Your argument is with God not me

What on earth does this mean? make absolutely no sense, please clay?
What does that mean. Do you deny you had to be born again to believe now?

Or do you still insist until we are born of God we have no ability to have faith in God

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Bible is not Alive in the Spirit..you are the one in error..Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit..is Alive.....that’s who our spirit is Born Again..by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit
Error--
Corrected Statement:
"The Bible is indeed alive and active as it is 'God-breathed' (θεόπνευστος) and powerful (Hebrews 4:12). You are mistaken; God's Living Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are born again (Romans 8:16). It is by God's Living Witness, the Holy Spirit, that our spirits are reborn."

Morphology:

Morphology:
The Role of the Holy Spirit:

Romans 8:16: αὐτὸ τὸ πνεῦμα συμμαρτυρεῖ τῷ πνεύματι ἡμῶν ὅτι ἐσμέν τέκνα θεοῦ
Translation: "The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children."
Morphology:
πνεῦμα (pneuma): Noun, nominative singular neuter (Spirit)
συμμαρτυρεῖ (symmartyrei): Verb, present active indicative, third person singular (testifies)
Syntax: Indicates the Holy Spirit's role in affirming our identity as God's children.
Integrated Statement with Clarification:

"The Bible is indeed alive and active, being 'God-breathed' (θεόπνευστος) as stated in 2 Timothy 3:16 and 'living and active' (ζῶν καὶ ἐνεργής) according to Hebrews 4:12. You are mistaken in your assertion. The Holy Spirit, who is alive, testifies with our spirit that we are born again (Romans 8:16). It is by God's Living Witness, the Holy Spirit, that our spirits are reborn and assured of our status as God's children."

1) "For the word of God is quick," (zon gar ho logos tou theou) "Because the word of God is living, life-energizing, or life-giving," referring both to Jesus Christ as a person and the word of truth, accompanied by the Holy Spirit, Joh_1:14; 2Ti_3:16-17.

2) "And powerful," (kai eneges) "And operative," works within, within the mind, heart, and emotions of men. It is called the 1) word of cleansing, Joh_15:3; John 2) word of salvation, Act_13:26; Acts 3) word of faith; 4) word of wisdom and knowledge, 1Co_12:8; 1 Corinthians 5) word of reconciliation, 2Co_5:19.

3) "And sharper than any two-edged sword," (kai tomoteros huper pasan machairan) "And sharper beyond (even than) any (every) tow-edged, (two way cutting) sword," separating in distinction between right and wrong, good and bad, moral and immoral, ethical and unethical, the way to heaven and the way to hell, Joh_14:6; Joh_10:1; Joh_10:9; Joh_10:25-30.

4) "Piercing even," (kai diknoumenos) "Even piercing," penetrating, or passing through, by the accompaniment of the Holy Spirit to prick or convict the soul, Act_2:36-37; Act_9:5.

5) "To the dividing asunder of soul and spirit," (achri merismou psuches kai pneumatos) "As far as (or to the point of) a division of soul and of spirit;” causing conflict, trouble, or conviction, cutting conviction, Act_5:33; Act_7:54; Act_24:25.

6) "And of the joints and marrow," (harmon te kai muelon) "Both of joints and marrow," causing soul and body to tremble in fear, Dan_2:2; Dan_4:5; Dan_5:5-6; Act_9:6; Act_16:29.

7) "And is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart," (kai kritikos enthumeseon kai ennoin kardias) "And (it) is able to judge (evaluate) (the) thoughts and intentions of the heart," Mat_12:34; Mar_7:21; Rom_6:17; Rom_10:10; Luk_2:19.

Summary:
This corrected statement clarifies that the Bible, while divinely inspired and powerful, operates through the Living Holy Spirit who testifies to and confirms the rebirth and identity of believers. It integrates key Greek terms and theological concepts to provide a clear and accurate understanding.

You don't read-just keep on reacting and goading!

Johann

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It makes Gods word right..we are Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit
Whatever

I skip over no scripture when it comes to being Born Of The Spirit...
I must go by his word , as I said I have no intention of questioning your testimony it’s none of my buy.
So is his word

Yes. By trusting in him

We are Born Of The Spirit...we are not Born Of an opinion..that is not how God says we are Born Again I must go by His word ..nothing can be added or taken away from it..

The Bible is not Alive in Spirit.....it does not bring our spirit Alive..only Gods Living witness His Living Holy Spirit can do that.....Spirit gives birth to spirit...that is Gods word.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Error--
Corrected Statement:
"The Bible is indeed alive and active as it is 'God-breathed' (θεόπνευστος) and powerful (Hebrews 4:12). You are mistaken; God's Living Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are born again (Romans 8:16). It is by God's Living Witness, the Holy Spirit, that our spirits are reborn."

Morphology:

Morphology:
The Role of the Holy Spirit:

Romans 8:16: αὐτὸ τὸ πνεῦμα συμμαρτυρεῖ τῷ πνεύματι ἡμῶν ὅτι ἐσμέν τέκνα θεοῦ
Translation: "The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children."
Morphology:
πνεῦμα (pneuma): Noun, nominative singular neuter (Spirit)
συμμαρτυρεῖ (symmartyrei): Verb, present active indicative, third person singular (testifies)
Syntax: Indicates the Holy Spirit's role in affirming our identity as God's children.
Integrated Statement with Clarification:

"The Bible is indeed alive and active, being 'God-breathed' (θεόπνευστος) as stated in 2 Timothy 3:16 and 'living and active' (ζῶν καὶ ἐνεργής) according to Hebrews 4:12. You are mistaken in your assertion. The Holy Spirit, who is alive, testifies with our spirit that we are born again (Romans 8:16). It is by God's Living Witness, the Holy Spirit, that our spirits are reborn and assured of our status as God's children."

1) "For the word of God is quick," (zon gar ho logos tou theou) "Because the word of God is living, life-energizing, or life-giving," referring both to Jesus Christ as a person and the word of truth, accompanied by the Holy Spirit, Joh_1:14; 2Ti_3:16-17.

2) "And powerful," (kai eneges) "And operative," works within, within the mind, heart, and emotions of men. It is called the 1) word of cleansing, Joh_15:3; John 2) word of salvation, Act_13:26; Acts 3) word of faith; 4) word of wisdom and knowledge, 1Co_12:8; 1 Corinthians 5) word of reconciliation, 2Co_5:19.

3) "And sharper than any two-edged sword," (kai tomoteros huper pasan machairan) "And sharper beyond (even than) any (every) tow-edged, (two way cutting) sword," separating in distinction between right and wrong, good and bad, moral and immoral, ethical and unethical, the way to heaven and the way to hell, Joh_14:6; Joh_10:1; Joh_10:9; Joh_10:25-30.

4) "Piercing even," (kai diknoumenos) "Even piercing," penetrating, or passing through, by the accompaniment of the Holy Spirit to prick or convict the soul, Act_2:36-37; Act_9:5.

5) "To the dividing asunder of soul and spirit," (achri merismou psuches kai pneumatos) "As far as (or to the point of) a division of soul and of spirit;” causing conflict, trouble, or conviction, cutting conviction, Act_5:33; Act_7:54; Act_24:25.

6) "And of the joints and marrow," (harmon te kai muelon) "Both of joints and marrow," causing soul and body to tremble in fear, Dan_2:2; Dan_4:5; Dan_5:5-6; Act_9:6; Act_16:29.

7) "And is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart," (kai kritikos enthumeseon kai ennoin kardias) "And (it) is able to judge (evaluate) (the) thoughts and intentions of the heart," Mat_12:34; Mar_7:21; Rom_6:17; Rom_10:10; Luk_2:19.

Summary:
This corrected statement clarifies that the Bible, while divinely inspired and powerful, operates through the Living Holy Spirit who testifies to and confirms the rebirth and identity of believers. It integrates key Greek terms and theological concepts to provide a clear and accurate understanding.

You don't read-just keep on reacting and goading!

Johann
No error from me..posting scripture and commentaries does not prove my error..prove it by the Spirit...thank you.

The Bible is not Alive in the Spirit..you are the one in error..Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit..is Alive.....that’s who our spirit is Born Again..by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit

Born Again/ Born Of The Spirit/ Spirit gives birth to spirit/ Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed ...they all mean the same thing.

You must prove my error in spirit...not by posting scripture and other people’s commentaries and work.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No error from me..posting scripture and commentaries does not prove my error..prove it by the Spirit...thank you.

Born Again/ Born Of The Spirit/ Spirit gives birth to spirit...they all mean the same thing.

You must prove my error in spirit...not by posting scripture and other people’s commentaries and work.
Oh I get it-you are born again without the written word-makes a lotta sense.
Johann.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It makes Gods word right..we are Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit
Yes

When we revive him. Not before or after

That’s what the word says
skip over no scripture when it comes to being Born Of The Spirit...
I guess if you say so. But I disagree
must go by his word , as I said I have no intention of questioning your testimony it’s none of my buy.
I could care less about my testimony. Why do you keep Bringing it up? It has no bearing on our conversation
If you go by Gods word then he tells you. Believe. That’s when his grace is applied to you
We are Born Of The Spirit...we are not Born Of an opinion..
Agree. And I do not agree with your opinion of when we are born again and why
that is not how God says we are Born Again I must go by His word ..nothing can be added or taken away from it..
Yet your taking away from it because that is what it says
The Bible is not Alive in Spirit.....it does not bring our spirit Alive..only Gods Living witness His Living Holy Spirit can do that.....Spirit gives birth to spirit...that is Gods word.
Again that’s your opinion I disagree.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I get it-you are born again without the written word-makes a lotta sense.
Johann.
Correct I was Born Again having never read a Bible...Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit..who testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children ,a Living Spirit birth that only Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit can perform by the power of His Spirit.

I’m here to Glorify Gods Power..and I will NEVER deny how I became Born Again because it upsets you..

I would sooner die than denounce how I became Born Of The Spirit...because it upsets quite a few on this forum, why I do not know.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Born Again/ Born Of The Spirit/ Spirit gives birth to spirit/ Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed ...they all mean the same thing.

Luke 24:27 (Jesus opening the Scriptures on the road to Emmaus):

"And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself."
Luke 24:45 (Jesus opening the disciples' minds after resurrection):

"Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures."
John 5:39 (Jesus speaking to the Jews about the Scriptures):

"You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me."
Acts 17:2-3 (Paul in Thessalonica opening and explaining the Scriptures):

"As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead."
Acts 18:28 (Apollos demonstrating from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Messiah):

"For he vigorously refuted his Jewish opponents in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Messiah."
Romans 15:4 (Paul writing about the Scriptures' encouragement and hope):

"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."
2 Corinthians 3:14-16 (Paul discussing the veil being lifted by Christ):

"But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away."

These verses demonstrate how both Jesus and the apostles, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, opened the Scriptures to believers, revealing their fulfillment in Christ and providing understanding of God's purposes and promises.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Correct I was Born Again having never read a Bible...Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit..who testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children ,a Living Spirit birth that only Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit can perform by the power of His Spirit.

I’m here to Glorify Gods Power..and I will NEVER deny how I became Born Again because it upsets you..

I would sooner die than denounce how I became Born Of The Spirit...because it upsets quite a few on this forum, why I do not know.
So-after your rebirth experience there's no need for the written word? I mean, to study the Scriptures-is that what you are advocating?

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes

When we revive him. Not before or after
This makes no sense to my spirit?
That’s what the word says

I guess if you say so. But I disagree

I could care less about my testimony. Why do you keep Bringing it up? It has no bearing on our conversation
If you go by Gods word then he tells you. Believe. That’s when his grace is applied to you
That’s not how we become Born Of The Spirit...
Agree. And I do not agree with your opinion of when we are born again and why
No problem..I go by Gods word and won’t budge on how his word says we are Born Again.
Yet your taking away from it because that is what it says
I have taken nothing away from the word of God...I stand on his word and will continue to do so..when it comes to being Born Of The Spirit.
Again that’s your opinion I disagree.
No worries..as I say I stand on Gods word and only his word.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No worries..as I say I stand on Gods word and only his word.
Which word?

λόγος (logos):

Occurrences: John 1:1, 14; Revelation 19:13, etc.
Meaning: Word, speech, message, reason. Used in John 1:1 to refer to Jesus Christ as the Word (Logos) of God.
ῥῆμα (rhēma):

Occurrences: Luke 1:37; Ephesians 6:17; Romans 10:17, etc.
Meaning: Utterance, word spoken. Often used in contexts emphasizing the spoken or declared word of God.
γραφή (graphē):

Occurrences: 2 Timothy 3:16; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:20, etc.
Meaning: Writing, Scripture. Specifically refers to written Scripture in the New Testament.
ἐντολή (entolē):

Occurrences: John 14:15; 1 John 2:7; Matthew 5:19, etc.
Meaning: Commandment, precept, instruction. Refers to the commandments of God or Jesus.
πνεῦμα (pneuma):

Occurrences: John 6:63; Romans 8:16; 2 Corinthians 3:6, etc.
Meaning: Spirit, breath, wind. Used to refer to the Holy Spirit or spiritual matters.
διδαχή (didachē):

Occurrences: Acts 2:42; Romans 6:17; 1 Timothy 4:13, etc.
Meaning: Teaching, instruction. Refers to the teaching or doctrine passed down in the early Church.
ἐπιστολή (epistolē):

Occurrences: 1 Corinthians 5:9; Colossians 4:16; 2 Peter 3:16, etc.
Meaning: Letter, epistle. Refers to the letters written by apostles and leaders of the early Church.
These Greek words are key to understanding various aspects of the Scriptures, teaching, and spiritual life as presented in the New Testament. Each word carries specific nuances and meanings that contribute to the richness of biblical theology and doctrine.

Care to elaborate?

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So-after your rebirth experience there's no need for the written word? I mean, to study the Scriptures-is that what you are advocating?
Why do you have to study scripture?

Who leads you through scripture?

Scripture can only be understood in our spirit...why is that?

Have you grown and matured in the Spirit?

Who works in your heart/ spirit bringing you to Gods truth?

How can we know God without being Born Of The Spirit?

I am led by the Spirit and no I don’t have to read scripture and post commentaries like you do...to know that I’m Born Again..I have that security in my spirit..from day one...33 yrs ago.

How long have you been Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit?

Status
Not open for further replies.