The Modern Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Already answered, multiple times. Not my problem if you don't have eyes to see nor ears to hear.

Proverbs 26:4 (NIV):

"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him."
Proverbs 23:9 (NIV):

"Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words."
Proverbs 29:9 (NIV):

"If a wise person goes to court with a fool, the fool rages and scoffs, and there is no peace."
Proverbs 9:7-8 (NIV):

"Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults; whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse. Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."
Matthew 7:6 (NIV):

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
These verses emphasize the wisdom of recognizing the limitations of trying to correct those who are unwilling to listen or learn, as such efforts can often be unproductive or even harmful.
You have not answered what this scripture is saying?

You said the Bible is Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

Not according to this scripture he’s not?

That is why we need the Living spirit birth..the Spirit backs up the written word..I think I will leave it there...because imo you are definitely not understanding in the spirit just the intellect I’m afraid @Johann

I will leave you to post scripture, and other people’s commentaries...you have no understanding of the Living Spirit, you’ve even said so yourself , so I’m not bearing false witness..you said God was the Bible...good day my friend.

John 3​

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it does not say that the Bible is God.
John 1: 1
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

God is everywhere His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit is everywhere?

Do you deny this?
if you do not know this, Then I can;t help you.

And you do not know me at all
I explained about God’s witness, did you read what I Said?

Did I not just explain about God’s Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.in a post, did you miss it?

One can only be saved from eternal damnation..Born Again saved from eternal damnation...
Justification, By grace through faith
Already explained about the seed ..a Living seed, where do you think that seed is planted?

Who makes our spirit Born Again..a Bible or Gods Living seed @Eternally Grateful ?
God has already told us where?

You can’t be set free from sin, not until God forgives your sin, then makes us Born Again by His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

I don’t believe you and I certainly don’t believe regarding being Born Again..I can only go by Gods Witness His Living Holy Spirit..then His testifying with my spirit Gods truth is backed up by Gods written word.
Round and round we go

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Already answered, multiple times. Not my problem if you don't have eyes to see nor ears to hear.

Proverbs 26:4 (NIV):

"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him."
Proverbs 23:9 (NIV):

"Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words."
Proverbs 29:9 (NIV):

"If a wise person goes to court with a fool, the fool rages and scoffs, and there is no peace."
Proverbs 9:7-8 (NIV):

"Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults; whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse. Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."
Matthew 7:6 (NIV):

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
These verses emphasize the wisdom of recognizing the limitations of trying to correct those who are unwilling to listen or learn, as such efforts can often be unproductive or even harmful.
1 Corinthians 2
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Paul’s Message by the Spirit’s Power
1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5so that your faith would not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.
Spiritual Wisdom
(Ephesians 1:15–23)
6Among the mature, however, we speak a message of wisdom—but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we speak of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God,a which He destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it. For if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9Rather, as it is written:
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no heart has imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love Him.”b
10But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him? So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.c
14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?”d But we have the mind of Christ.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have not answered what this scripture is saying?

You said the Bible is Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

Not according to this scripture he’s not?

That is why we need the Living spirit birth..the Spirit backs up the written word..I think I will leave it there...because imo you are definitely not understanding in the spirit just the intellect I’m afraid @Johann

I will leave you to post scripture, and other people’s commentaries...you have no understanding of the Living Spirit, you’ve even said so yourself , so I’m not bearing false witness..you said God was the Bible...good day my friend.

John 3​

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit
BORN AGAIN (from 1 Peter 1)

This is the same root (anagennaō, cf. 1 Pet. 1:23) is used in Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus in John 3:3,7,8 (gennaō). It is an aorist active participle, which speaks of a decisive act. The NT also uses other metaphors to describe our salvation:

1. "quickened" (cf. Col. 2:13; Eph. 2:4-5)

2. "new creation" (cf. 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15)

3. "partaker of Divine Nature," (cf. 2 Pet. 1:4)

4. Paul is fond of the familial metaphor "adoption" (cf. Rom. 8:23; Gal. 4:5; Eph. 1:5), while John and Peter are fond of the familial metaphor "new birth"

Being "born again" or "born from above" is a biblical emphasis on the need for a totally new start (cf. Ezek. 36:26-27), a totally new family (cf. John 1:12-13; Rom. 5:12-21). Christianity is not a reformation or a new morality; it is a new relationship with God. This new relationship is made possible because of

1. the Father's mercy and grace (cf. Exod. 34:6; Neh. 9:17)

2. the Son's sacrificial death (cf. 2 Cor. 5:21) and resurrection from the dead (cf. 1 Corinthians 15)

3. the work of the Spirit (cf. John 3:6; 6:44,65; 1 Pet. 1:2)
------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lord Jesus said to a religious leader of His day: “Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3). All true Christians have been born again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5). They are therefore the children of God (Rom. 8:16).

Children are a joy in any normal household, but it is a tragedy when a child remains a child, physically, mentally or both. It is a tragedy too, that so many Christians, truly born again, remain spiritual babes — they do not grow. They know that Christ died for their sins but have made no progress in grace or in the knowledge of the Word. To such Paul wrote:

“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual [men], but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat; for hitherto ye were not able to bear [digest] it, neither yet now are ye able” (I Cor. 3:1,2).

Thus those who, spiritually undeveloped, were able to digest only the milk, or the simple things, of the Scriptures, were called “carnal” and “babes,” in contrast to those “spiritual” believers who had grown in grace and were able to assimilate the deeper, richer truths of the Word of God.

This is not a compliment to those who constantly boast that they are satisfied with “the simple things,” and fail to study God’s Word, as II Tim. 2:15 commands. To such Paul writes, by divine inspiration:

“For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again… and are become such as have need of milk… For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the Word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But strong meat [solid food] belongeth to them that are of full age…” (Heb. 5:12-14).

A new-born babe in Christ is a joy to behold, but every born-again Christian should grow through the study of the Word. I Pet. 2:2 says:

“As newborn babes desire the sincere [pure] milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby.”

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 1: 1
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
Scripture is not God and I rebuke your false teachings that you say it is.
if you do not know this, Then I can;t help you.

And you do not know me at all

Justification, By grace through faith
Faith is a gift from God..human faith cannot believe in their spirit without God gifted faith..that is wher we know God in our spirit..that’s why we must be Born Again.
Round and round we go
1 Corinthians 2
1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5so that your faith would not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.
Spiritual Wisdom
6Among the mature, however, we speak a message of wisdom—but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we speak of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God,a which He destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it. For if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9Rather, as it is written:
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no heart has imagined,
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him? So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.c
14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?”d But we have the mind of Christ.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
BORN AGAIN (from 1 Peter 1)

This is the same root (anagennaō, cf. 1 Pet. 1:23) is used in Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus in John 3:3,7,8 (gennaō). It is an aorist active participle, which speaks of a decisive act. The NT also uses other metaphors to describe our salvation:

1. "quickened" (cf. Col. 2:13; Eph. 2:4-5)

2. "new creation" (cf. 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15)

3. "partaker of Divine Nature," (cf. 2 Pet. 1:4)

4. Paul is fond of the familial metaphor "adoption" (cf. Rom. 8:23; Gal. 4:5; Eph. 1:5), while John and Peter are fond of the familial metaphor "new birth"

Being "born again" or "born from above" is a biblical emphasis on the need for a totally new start (cf. Ezek. 36:26-27), a totally new family (cf. John 1:12-13; Rom. 5:12-21). Christianity is not a reformation or a new morality; it is a new relationship with God. This new relationship is made possible because of

1. the Father's mercy and grace (cf. Exod. 34:6; Neh. 9:17)

2. the Son's sacrificial death (cf. 2 Cor. 5:21) and resurrection from the dead (cf. 1 Corinthians 15)

3. the work of the Spirit (cf. John 3:6; 6:44,65; 1 Pet. 1:2)
------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lord Jesus said to a religious leader of His day: “Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3). All true Christians have been born again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5). They are therefore the children of God (Rom. 8:16).

Children are a joy in any normal household, but it is a tragedy when a child remains a child, physically, mentally or both. It is a tragedy too, that so many Christians, truly born again, remain spiritual babes — they do not grow. They know that Christ died for their sins but have made no progress in grace or in the knowledge of the Word. To such Paul wrote:

“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual [men], but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat; for hitherto ye were not able to bear [digest] it, neither yet now are ye able” (I Cor. 3:1,2).

Thus those who, spiritually undeveloped, were able to digest only the milk, or the simple things, of the Scriptures, were called “carnal” and “babes,” in contrast to those “spiritual” believers who had grown in grace and were able to assimilate the deeper, richer truths of the Word of God.

This is not a compliment to those who constantly boast that they are satisfied with “the simple things,” and fail to study God’s Word, as II Tim. 2:15 commands. To such Paul writes, by divine inspiration:

“For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again… and are become such as have need of milk… For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the Word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But strong meat [solid food] belongeth to them that are of full age…” (Heb. 5:12-14).

A new-born babe in Christ is a joy to behold, but every born-again Christian should grow through the study of the Word. I Pet. 2:2 says:

“As newborn babes desire the sincere [pure] milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby.”

1 Corinthians 2
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Spiritual Wisdom
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no heart has imagined,

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
1 Corinthians 2
Spiritual Wisdom
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no heart has imagined,

Reactions: Cassandra

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

This is how we are Born Of The Spirit..very easy to understand .

John 3
Jesus and Nicodemus
(Genesis 22:1–10; Romans 5:6–11)
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews.2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”
3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a
4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘Youb must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is how we are Born Of The Spirit..very easy to understand .

John 3
Jesus and Nicodemus
(Genesis 22:1–10; Romans 5:6–11)
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews.2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”
3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a
4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘Youb must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Johann .

This is not how Gods word says we are Born Again..so rebuke it.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
3). All true Christians have been born again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5). They are therefore the children of God (Rom. 8:16).
That is not how God says our spirit is Born Again..so I rebuke your claim.on how you believe we are Born Again..it has no standing in Gods word.

We are Born Of The Spirit/ Born Again/ Born of imperishable seed...that is Gods true word.

Your words are false and in error.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rebuke the Scriptures-I want to let others see your folly-you can rebuke all day you want, but in darkness you will remain.
I rebuke what you believe The scriptures to be saying, you bear false witness and add to Gods word on how we are Born Again.

That is not how God says our spirit is Born Again..so I rebuke your claim.on how you believe we are Born Again..it has no standing in Gods word.

We are Born Of The Spirit/ Born Again/ Born Again of imperishable seed...that is Gods true word.

There is no mistaking Gods word and His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit..will rebuke your words through me..in Jesus Name. Amen!

Reactions: Episkopos

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

We are Born Of The Spirit/ Born Again/ Born of imperishable seed...that is Gods true word.

And now you are rebuking the Scriptures!

. All true Christians have been born again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5). They are therefore the children of God (Rom. 8:16).

Titus 3:5 (NIV):
"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit."

Exegesis:

Context:

Author: Apostle Paul
Audience: Titus, a leader in the early church, and by extension, the church in Crete.
Purpose: Paul writes to encourage Titus to teach sound doctrine and good works among the believers.
Meaning:

"He saved us": This refers to God's act of salvation, emphasizing that it is His initiative and action.
"Not because of righteous things we had done": Salvation is not earned by human effort or righteousness but is entirely by God's mercy.
"Because of his mercy": This highlights the grace and compassion of God as the basis for salvation.
"Through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit": The phrase "washing of rebirth" (Greek: loutron palingenesias) and "renewal by the Holy Spirit" (Greek: anakainoseos pneumatos hagiou) indicate a spiritual transformation, often understood as being "born again." The Holy Spirit plays a crucial role in this process of spiritual renewal and regeneration.
Romans 8:16 (NIV):
"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children."

Exegesis:

Context:

Audience: The believers in Rome.
Purpose: Paul explains the life in the Spirit and the assurance of believers' identity as children of God.
Meaning:

"The Spirit himself": Refers to the Holy Spirit, emphasizing His active role in the lives of believers.
"Testifies with our spirit": The Holy Spirit confirms or bears witness to our inner being, providing assurance and conviction.
"That we are God’s children": This affirmation signifies the believers' adoption into God's family, making them His children through spiritual rebirth and faith in Christ.
Synthesis of the Statement:
"All true Christians have been born again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5). They are therefore the children of God (Rom. 8:16)."

Born Again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5):

True Christians experience a spiritual transformation called being "born again," which is brought about by the Holy Spirit. This is not a result of human merit but is an act of God's mercy, signifying a complete renewal and rebirth into a new spiritual life.
Children of God (Rom. 8:16):

As a result of this spiritual rebirth, believers are adopted into God's family. The Holy Spirit confirms this new identity, testifying with their spirit that they are indeed God's children. This provides assurance and a sense of belonging, emphasizing the intimate and personal relationship between God and the believer.

Fare thee well
J.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When people try using the bible against the Spirit, they are not really upholding the bible at all. The bible points to the Spirit and doesn't need to be defended against it.

The letter kills, the Spirit gives life.

... to serve God by the newness of the Spirit, not in the oldness of the letter.

No respect for either God or His words. No fear at all.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And now you are rebuking the Scriptures!

. All true Christians have been born again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5). They are therefore the children of God (Rom. 8:16).

Titus 3:5 (NIV):
"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit."

Exegesis:

Context:

Audience: Titus, a leader in the early church, and by extension, the church in Crete.
Purpose: Paul writes to encourage Titus to teach sound doctrine and good works among the believers.
Meaning:

"He saved us": This refers to God's act of salvation, emphasizing that it is His initiative and action.
"Not because of righteous things we had done": Salvation is not earned by human effort or righteousness but is entirely by God's mercy.
"Because of his mercy": This highlights the grace and compassion of God as the basis for salvation.
"Through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit": The phrase "washing of rebirth" (Greek: loutron palingenesias) and "renewal by the Holy Spirit" (Greek: anakainoseos pneumatos hagiou) indicate a spiritual transformation, often understood as being "born again." The Holy Spirit plays a crucial role in this process of spiritual renewal and regeneration.
Romans 8:16 (NIV):
"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children."

Exegesis:

Context:

Audience: The believers in Rome.
Purpose: Paul explains the life in the Spirit and the assurance of believers' identity as children of God.
Meaning:

"The Spirit himself": Refers to the Holy Spirit, emphasizing His active role in the lives of believers.
"Testifies with our spirit": The Holy Spirit confirms or bears witness to our inner being, providing assurance and conviction.
"That we are God’s children": This affirmation signifies the believers' adoption into God's family, making them His children through spiritual rebirth and faith in Christ.
Synthesis of the Statement:
"All true Christians have been born again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5). They are therefore the children of God (Rom. 8:16)."

Born Again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5):

True Christians experience a spiritual transformation called being "born again," which is brought about by the Holy Spirit. This is not a result of human merit but is an act of God's mercy, signifying a complete renewal and rebirth into a new spiritual life.
Children of God (Rom. 8:16):

As a result of this spiritual rebirth, believers are adopted into God's family. The Holy Spirit confirms this new identity, testifying with their spirit that they are indeed God's children. This provides assurance and a sense of belonging, emphasizing the intimate and personal relationship between God and the believer.

Fare thee well
J.
I am rebuking your words...this is not how God says we are Born Again.

All true Christians have been born again by the Spirit of God (Tit. 3:5). They are therefore the children of God (Rom. 8:16).

God does not mention Christian in being Born Again...show it Born Again Christian using the word of God and still you continue to bear false witness on how we become Born Again.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Episkopos ..I will leave you to it Brother...shaking my head that they believe God is the written word, in fact I’m shocked and gobsmacked anyone can think such a thing.

I would be petrified to say such a thing..

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos ..I will leave you to it Brother...shaking my head that they believe God is the written word, in fact I’m shocked and gobsmacked anyone can think such a thing.

I would be petrified to say such a thing..
It's all they have...they have a physical bible...and an ego...and no humility.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The letter kills, the Spirit gives life.

... to serve God by the newness of the Spirit, not in the oldness of the letter.
You are as much in darkness as she is-no offense.
Scripture References:

2 Corinthians 3:6 (NIV): "He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

Romans 7:6 (NIV): "But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code."

1. Context of 2 Corinthians 3:6
Historical and Literary Context:
Author: The Apostle Paul.
Audience: The church in Corinth, a diverse and often troubled congregation facing various theological and moral issues.
Purpose: Paul defends his apostleship and ministry, contrasts the old and new covenants, and emphasizes the superiority of the new covenant.
Immediate Context:
2 Corinthians 3:1-5: Paul begins by discussing the nature of his ministry and how it is validated not by letters of recommendation but by the transformed lives of the believers, which are like letters written by Christ through the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:7-18: Paul contrasts the old covenant, characterized by the letter (the Law of Moses) and engraved in stone (the Ten Commandments), with the new covenant, characterized by the Spirit. He explains how the old covenant brought condemnation and death, while the new covenant brings righteousness and life.
Analysis:
"Competent as ministers of a new covenant": Paul asserts that his authority and ability come from God, making him a minister of the new covenant.
"Not of the letter but of the Spirit": The "letter" refers to the Law of Moses, which, while holy and just, brought awareness of sin and condemnation because people could not keep it perfectly. The "Spirit" refers to the Holy Spirit, who brings life and transformation.
"For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life": The Law, by itself, exposes sin and its consequences, leading to spiritual death. The Spirit, however, imparts life by enabling believers to live in a way that pleases God, transforming their hearts and minds.

2. Context of Romans 7:6
Historical and Literary Context:
Author: The Apostle Paul.
Audience: The church in Rome, comprising both Jewish and Gentile Christians.
Purpose: Paul explains the gospel, focusing on justification by faith, the role of the Law, and the life in the Spirit.
Immediate Context:
Romans 7:1-5: Paul uses the analogy of marriage to explain how believers have died to the Law through the body of Christ, allowing them to belong to another—Christ—and bear fruit for God.
Romans 7:7-25: Paul discusses the purpose of the Law and its relationship to sin. The Law is good, but it reveals and even stimulates sin in our flesh. This leads to a struggle within believers between the desire to do good (the new self) and the sin that dwells in them (the old self).
Analysis:
"By dying to what once bound us": This refers to the believers' identification with Christ in His death, which sets them free from the Law’s jurisdiction.
"Released from the law": Believers are no longer under the Law as a means of seeking righteousness or as a covenant that binds them.
"Serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code": The "new way of the Spirit" implies living under the guidance and empowerment of the Holy Spirit. The "old way of the written code" refers to attempting to obey God through human effort by following the Law of Moses, which proved to be insufficient due to human sinfulness.
Thematic and Theological Implications:
Contrast Between Old and New Covenants:

Old Covenant (The Law): Reveals God's standards, exposes sin, and brings awareness of condemnation because of human inability to fulfill its demands perfectly.
New Covenant (The Spirit): Initiated through Jesus Christ, characterized by internal transformation and empowerment by the Holy Spirit. It brings life, righteousness, and a personal relationship with God.
The Role of the Holy Spirit:

The Holy Spirit is central in the new covenant, enabling believers to live in a way that pleases God. The Spirit brings life, freedom from the bondage of sin, and the ability to fulfill God's righteous requirements through His indwelling power.
Life and Death:

The "letter" of the Law brings death because it highlights sin and human failure. The Spirit gives life by transforming believers from within, leading to genuine righteousness and a living relationship with God.
Application:
Understanding these contrasts helps believers appreciate the significance of the new covenant and the transformative power of the Holy Spirit. It encourages them to rely not on their own efforts to obey God but on the Spirit’s work in their lives. This reliance leads to a life marked by the fruit of the Spirit and a deeper, more intimate walk with God, characterized by freedom and life rather than condemnation and death.

STAND FAST AND STEADFAST
Let us compare Galatians 5:1 and I Corinthians 15:58: “Stand fast therefore in the liberty
wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”
“Therefore my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of
the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.”
It is obvious that a person must first have liberty before that person can stand fast in that
liberty. Believers have liberty because they are in Christ, and there is no condemnation to them
that are in Christ Jesus: “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from
the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:1 and 2).
Christ said, in John 8:36; “Whom the Son sets free shall be free indeed”. Then we read in
Romans 6:18 and Romans 7:6, “Being made free from sin ye became the servants of
righteousness.” “But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held:
that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.” Liberty in Christ
Jesus, by the grace of God.
So we learn that Christians are delivered from the law of sin and death, from sin and from
the law given at Sinai; by the work of Christ - (Romans 8:2 and 3).
The Gentiles, throughout Galatia, as sinners, had not been under the law. But many of
them, who were saved by Paul’s grace gospel, were bewitched by zealous religious Jews
described in Acts 15:9 and 5, who taught the Gentile Christians . . . “Except ye be circumcised
after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.”
Paul called these bewitched Gentile Christians, “foolish Galatians”, (Galatians 3:1 to 4).
Even Peter the minister of the circumcision, said . . . “why tempt ye God, to put a yoke (the law)
upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?” (Acts 15:10).
Note Paul’s words to those Gentile Christians who went back from Calvary to Sinai:
“Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen
from grace.” (Galatians 5:4).
Paul wrote in Romans 5:2 of this grace wherein we stand. He pled with the Galatians not
to make the vain attempt to supplement the grace of God or make their salvation more secure by
getting under the law.
Note Paul’s words in Galatians 2:21: “I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.” In Romans 6:14 Paul wrote: “Ye are not
under the law but under grace.”
Christ had suffered intense agony to deliver all who were under the law (Galatians 3:13)
and to give liberty to believing Jews and Gentiles.
So Paul urged the Christians not to be entangled with the yoke of bondage but to stand
fast in the liberty wherewith Christ hath set them free.
Now compare Romans 4:5 with I Corinthians 15:58: “But to him that worketh not, but
believeth, on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” “Therefore,
my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.” Now read I Corinthians 3:11 to
15 and learn that it is possible to be saved so as by fire without works that will be rewarded. The
Visit the J. C. O’Hair Online Library at J. C. O'Hair Online Library
thief on the cross was saved, but he had no good works for reward. But if we build on Christ the
foundation our works will abide; will be wellpleasing to God and will be richly rewarded.

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.