The Galilean wedding is the model for the pre-trib rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is pretrib all over the scripture. There are two raptures all over the scripture.
LOL. No, there are not. If that was the case, why is it that Paul only knew of one rapture, which he described in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 and referenced in 2 Thess 2:1 as well? By "rapture", I mean believers being taken off of the earth and gathered to Christ. so I'm only referring to verses that speak of the act of being gathered to Christ.

Surely, if there were two raptures then Paul would have referenced both of them, but he only referenced one.

Reactions: WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just got off the phone with your kindergarten teacher. Even tho she tried to dodge it, when asked directly she had to admit that yes, she was forced to mark your Report Card with a "doesnt work or play well with others" mark so I'm gonna pass on contuing a conversation about the rapture with you. I'm burnt out on tis topic.
Translation: You have no answer for my arguments. Thanks for admitting that.

• Love
Reactions: WPM

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just got off the phone with your kindergarten teacher. Even tho she tried to dodge it, when asked directly she had to admit that yes, she was forced to mark your Report Card with a "doesnt work or play well with others" mark so I'm gonna pass on contuing a conversation about the rapture with you. I'm burnt out on tis topic.
This is all you have - avoidance and insults. This all Pretrib has.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all you have avoidance and insults. This all Pretrib has.

Ok it's true that I talked to your kiddie garten teacher also, but what she told me....if I uttered those those words here I would be instantly banned for life. So we'll leave that one alone. :jest:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok it's true that I talked to your kiddie garten teacher also, but what she told me....if I uttered those those words here I would be instantly banned for life. So we'll leave that one alone. :jest:
Your pettiness and avoidance of scriptural truth exposes your man-made Jesuit doctrine.

• Haha
Reactions: MA2444

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of us broke the parable down in detail and used other scripture to help discern what it means. The other doesn't even attempt to do that and doesn't even attempt to address the other's points and instead talks about some "50-50 dynamic" that he can't even explain intelligibly. Can you guess which of us is which?
That applies to every text they mention. They cannot exegete them because the texts forbid their error.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Pretibbers seem incapable of addressing Posttrib rebuttals. I wonder why? They expose your position.

The mark is spiritual. It has been on the go since Cain. Those who take it end up eternally damned.

God's people have always been in tribulation.

Matthew 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

What is the tribulation of those days?

Matthew 24
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

The tribulation of those days is the great tribulation. This has not being going since the time of Christ.

Nothing you ever say agrees with the Word of God. You would think it would occur to you that you are incorrect. But alas. Never happens.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. No, there are not. If that was the case, why is it that Paul only knew of one rapture, which he described in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 and referenced in 2 Thess 2:1 as well? By "rapture", I mean believers being taken off of the earth and gathered to Christ. so I'm only referring to verses that speak of the act of being gathered to Christ.

Surely, if there were two raptures then Paul would have referenced both of them, but he only referenced one.
1 Thes 4

1 Cor 15

You will find the two raptures referenced by Paul in these chapters.

You would think it would occur to you that you have the Church going through the wrath of God. Paul says we are not appointed to wrath.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Destruction is what all the unsaved experience when Jesus comes. There are no survivors.

Antichrist is destroyed with the brightness of Jesus coming. So your theology is wrong.
Nope

Only the army of the AC are destroyed at the coming on the white horses
I am surprised you do not know that.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rev 14 :14's gathering, is neither 1 thes 4, nor is it Rev 19 ( the second coming on horses)
But mat 24 has two distinct gatherings that I have show 50 or so times.
So again. You are shown to refute the bible.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually there are not any believers on earth, after the 6th Seal, and no elect after the 7th Trumpet. You impose a rapture just willy nilly because you read Jesus is coming on a white horse. That is not how Jesus left earth. So you are missing something because the Second Coming is not on a white horse but His feet descend to the Mount of Olives, just like He left.
You must be associating with me somebody else's position. Those aren't my positions!
In fact your amil allies in this alleged post trib return, do not even have Jesus on the earth, because there is no more an earth, nor people on it, as they are immediately tossed into the LOF. They claim Zechariah 14 happened in the first century.
I'm not Amil, so you're confusing me with somebody else. Later...

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the location of this scene, if not in heaven?

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Scripture does not teach a third coming of Christ.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

I couldn't disagree more. You are taking the parable of Matthew 22:1-14 too literally. Christians in the church are the guests who will have their wedding clothes on and become the bride while those guests who don't will be cast into outer darkness "where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". In a normal wedding there is obviously only one person who is the bride, so you should not think of the wedding described in the parable the same way you think of a normal wedding.

Who do you think is the bride then? The following scripture says the church is the bride.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Notice how throughout this passage Paul compares a husband and his wife to Christ and His church. Look at how Paul concludes this passage. He said it was a great mystery, but what he spoke about in the passage was concerning Christ and the church. And what did he speak about? Husbands loving their wives and he compared that to Christ loving the church. That makes the church the bride of Christ. This was a mystery in OT times, but the mystery was revealed by Paul. It shouldn't still be a mystery to you.
Seems you are taking things too literal, no?

Both the Israel of the OT and the church of fhe NT was the wife. So the bride is not either, if you are being literal.

That would make the church the wife, as the bride pertains to pre-marriage. I know how you scoff at all the "pre" words. Also you don't think the nation Israel as ever being re-wed, evidently.

Marriage is just symbolic of the Covenant relationship. At some point, you have to have humans no longer in need of redemption period, no?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thes 4

1 Cor 15

You will find the two raptures referenced by Paul in these chapters.

You would think it would occur to you that you have the Church going through the wrath of God. Paul says we are not appointed to wrath.
Quote theses texts and highlight your 7-years trib when you are at it. I will not hold my breath. Your teaching does not exist in the text.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 14 :14's gathering, is neither 1 thes 4, nor is it Rev 19 ( the second coming on horses)
But mat 24 has two distinct gatherings that I have show 50 or so times.
So again. You are shown to refute the bible.
That is your 3rd coming. Your rapture is a coming (parousia) right? Your doctrine is a convoluted mess. You do not seem to understand what you believe. What ever angle you look at it, it contradicts itself at every turn.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Genesis 1 mention tribulation and what is the duration. You must be king of the strawman.

Where does 1 Thessalonians 4:14-5:9 mention "tribulation" and what is its duration according to that passage?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does 1 Thessalonians 4:14-5:9 mention "tribulation" and what is its duration according to that passage?
Where does 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 mention "tribulation" and what is its duration according to that passage?

Be sure to answer King of the Strawman.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote theses texts and highlight your 7-years trib when you are at it. I will not hold my breath. Your teaching does not exist in the text.
No. Hold your breath. King of the Straw still looking for that 7 years of tribulation that I don't believe in and yet will not produce the verses claiming a flat earth.

What I can do is show you some verses that prove the 144,000 are of the twelve tribes of Israel and are not the Church.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Revelation 19:1-10
1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
That would be the Covenant Relationship with Israel as King during the Millennium reign, Day of the Lord. Romans 11:26-27 and Jeremiah 30 to 33.

That would not be with the church, as the church is still in Paradise for another 1,000 years, until the New Jerusalem descends in the NHNE.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 mention "tribulation" and what is its duration according to that passage?

Be sure to answer King of the Strawman.
Answering a question with a question is about as good as it gets for you.

When will you actually address a text in view instead of your constant avoidance?

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Hold your breath. King of the Straw still looking for that 7 years of tribulation that I don't believe in and yet will not produce the verses claiming a flat earth.

What I can do is show you some verses that prove the 144,000 are of the twelve tribes of Israel and are not the Church.
Don't even go there. You're scared to actually tell us how long your tribulation is. That is because you cannot tell. You are just winging it now.

We have already demolished your 7-year tribulation myth that was taught by your teachers.

Your doctrine is crumbling before your face.