T U L I P explained

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul said to Titus, “not by works of righteousness which we have done”–not all our good works and all the good things we have done are going to save us–“but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5, NKJV). We are saved by the mercy of God, by the grace of God. It is something I didn’t earn, something I didn’t work for. It is the gift of God, the gift of salvation.
I highlighted the red text as this leads you into all truth.

Draw your attention the word "washing" if I may?

You would know the OT example was seen in the laver, which was used for washing - ceremonial washing ordained by God - not like the washing of the Pharisees and the idolaters, whose attitude was wrong/false, and many here also!

Hebrews 9:10 According to this arrangement, gifts and sacrifices are offered that cannot perfect the conscience of the worshiper, 10 but deal only with food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until the time of reformation.

So we agree the above example is a "type" of the washing referred to here in Titus 3:5, in the Law the principle is found within the OT example!

What type of washing then?

Do you Rella believe this washing is a supernatural instantaneous event (one off?)

Does the washing relate to Baptismal cleansing?
Does the washing relate to internal Baptismal cleansing?

Regardless, you & I know the washing comes via the Word of God (implanted seed) (Scripture made alive in the mind of a believer) as per Ephesians 5:26 this is the method God used to justify Christ (by His Word) and the method Christ used to wash (cleanse) his bride.

Through His Grace we allow God to wash our sins clean away when we take Word into our hearts and minds and allow the transformation to begin!

And yes the Spirit Word is Holy and at work in true believers today. Psalm 26:6; Zech 13:1. John 13:10, Titus 3:5-6 and Rev 1:5

F2F

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you can show me a verse that says they are automatically born again at conception or birth- I am all ears. but once again this is what Jesus said:

JOhn 3:3 "Unless a person is born again, they cannot see the kingdom of God".

Do you believe a baby is a person?
How can you claim dead babies and infants don't go to Heaven in one breath and then say you don't know where they go?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can you claim dead babies and infants don't go to Heaven in one breath and then say you don't know where they go?
Cost of creation principle...hard to accept but true nonetheless.
Heaven is not the reward...not sure where you all are getting this from?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Born Again does not sin, I stick with Gods word..why do they not sin, because they have been Born Of God’s seed.
You can’t pick and chose the word.
john said if we (your or I or even him) say we have no sin, we decieve ourselves and there is no truth in us

remain Decieved. It’s on you

Reactions: face2face

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
john said if we (your or I or even him) say we have no sin, we decieve ourselves and there is no truth in us

You're a sinner.
You accept Christ as your Savior from sin.
You are reborn in Christ. A new creation washed clean by the blood of He who was propitiation for our sins, The Lamb of God . And God remembers your sins no more.

Yet, we are sinners still?

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The wage of sin is death (spiritual) the gift of God is life (spiritual)
Sorry both points refer to nature - that's the whole Bible Story! Redemption from the condemnation of sin which leads to death.

The change from mortal to immortal - corruptible to incorruptible.

So what does spiritual death look like to one who has an enlightened mind?

and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. Hebrew 6:6

If a person continued in this state they would remove their name from the Book of Life and lose their Eternal hope.

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
Correct.
Your either in Adam (dead) or in Christ (alive)
Correct also!
Ephesians 2: 1-9:
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the [a]course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
Carnal nature + carnal mind = Romans 6:23
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

1. We were dead (not physically. Spiritually)
No Physically - hence the need for the resurrection!
2. While we were dead. he made us alive (spiritually)
Yes, lets use Christ as an example.

We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. Romans 6:9

The working of death in his members was removed when God raised him from the dead. This is how Christ tasted death for all men and how he was made sin for us!

So you guessed correctly Christ was held under the condemnation of death not because he sinned but due to inheriting mortal nature from his mum. He had to be in the like of Abraham to be held under that condemnation until such time as it could be removed.

So now it can be said:

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus Rom 8:1.

I've given you enough here now explain how God had victory over the flesh

Answer here____________________________________________________________________

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
Correct - Circumcision is cutting away of the flesh (physical) which is what Christ did completely on the Cross both physically and mentally!

This feels like Déjà vu - you havnt taken over Rita handle have you?

Why are you posting verses which support Bible truth while speaking against them?

I'll let you regroup and return with vigor!

F2F

Note: you will see Paul's teaching in Colossians leads you to understand the death state of mankind and how a person who comes to be "In Christ" is circumcised with a circumcision made without hands (spiritual in mind), by putting off the body of the flesh (which is condemned to die) by the circumcision of Christ. Col 2:10–11.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Eternally Grateful I think we can save ourselves a lot of time by saying if you believe in the immortal soul - meaning some divine immortal essence I can save both us a lot of time by saying the Bible is totally silent on such a thing! No ethereal spirit wafting out of people etc.

Hope that helps - explains why your "spiritual death" doctrine isn't working for the quotes you are posting.

F2F

Last edited:

One 2 question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My testimony is also my testimony and can never be erased from my heart/ spirit.

Praise God !!!
Ritajanice, just a word of encouragment from a fellow Spirit possessed, guided and dependent person, in the form of a testimony.

I, like you, when I was transitioning from being a bible possessed, guided and dependent person to that of the Spirit of the Creators, I tried to use the former means (bible), what I knew, as my tool to convince people of the truth. But it often had little or no effect. In fact I would come away frustrated and confused by the result.

You and I believe the truth is coming to us directly from God and not only via those of the distant past (contributors of the bible). We find Christ communicating to us as we are being carried along by His Spirit. We have an audience with our Creators.

Christians may oppose this practice and will likely try to convince us to get back to the scriptures only and may call us all kinds of not nice things, thinking they are doing this for our good. I would've done the same things before the change.

Hang in there and enjoy your new found freedom as the Spirit leads you beyond the bible. If the Spirit uses the scriptures then the great thing is we are free to come and go as we are led.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
While I’m at it, there is no faith in your own human understanding...you cannot have faith in someone like God without His Living witness His Living Holy Spirit witnessing the truth of Gods word to your spirit as I’ve explained below.....impossible...you need God given given Faith and become Born Again of His imperishable/ incorruptible seed....just as His word says.
For some reason from reading your posts, you seem to work for having faith in God, you don’t need to do that as a Born Again as faith will just naturally grow as the seed of faith was planted into our hearts/ spirit by God via His witness His Living Holy Spirit....I pray you come to know that in your heart/ spirit....heart revelation is a mind Blowing and can only come from the Spirit of God, as His power is within the spirit of his Born Again children.

In the same way that repentance is granted by God (Acts 11:18; 2 Tim. 2:25), faith is also a supernatural gift of God. Ephesians 2:8–9affirms this: “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

As I’ve already tried to explain, to be Born Again of Gods seed is heart revelation.

This is the heart/ spirit revelation I received...Gods Living witness His Living Holy Spirit testifying with my spirit.....blew my socks off!....God given faith is mighty powerful.....it can never be erased from the spirit of His child....why, because it was planted into our hearts by Gods seed, Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:16
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

New Living Translation
For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

English Standard Version
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Berean Standard Bible
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Berean Literal Bible
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

King James Bible
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God

Unfortunately you have no spiritual knowledge of spiritual matters on what it means to be Born Of God’s seed,.....the reason I say this is, you believe you still sin..yet Gods word you deny....when he tells us a Born Again doesn’t sin because they have been Born Of God’s seed........... that’s why most of your posts, imo are full of confusion...

We are Born Of The Spirit....the Spirit that our spirits are Born Again of is Gods seed, .......”Spirit gives birth to spirit “ His Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit...that is the part you need to understand in your heart/ spirit....the seed is the Living Holy Spirit and Jesus explains so beautifully to Nicodemus how we are Born Of That seed....which means the seed is the Holy Spirit...Born Again.....our spirit is Born Again my lovely.....it comes from death ( spiritual) to life by the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit.....this is why we rebuke each other on what it means to be Born Again.....completely at opposite ends of spiritual understanding and knowledge.

Nowhere in scripture does it say that we are Born Again by the cross.or by looking to the cross, that I’m afraid is man made doctrine.....were you taught to believe this by someone?...we are Born Again by the Spirit, only he can make our spirit/ heart right with God....I post Gods word always on how we are Born Of The Spirit.

I don’t add to Gods word and make it say what I want it to say...we can’t do that my friend....we can only become Born Again by Gods Spirit and only Gods Spirit.

Gods word does not deceive...unfortunately mans does .

All Born Again scripture has exactly the same meaning.

We are Born Again via Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods Children.

That my friend is the Living spiritual birth, that is delivered straight to the heart / spirit of Gods child.

God opens our heart/ spirit , as we were chosen and predestined before the foundation of the world to become Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

That is my testimony and it’s “ Rock solid”:not only in The Living Holy Spirit, it’s also” Rock Solid” in His written word....In Jesus Name Amen!

You cannot my friend “ read your way” into the Kingdom Of God.

John 16:13-15New King James Version (NKJV) However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

And he does! God never lies, this is his truth which is delivered straight to our heart/ spirit , then backed up by His written word.

To be led by the Spirit is mind blowing.....same as when we’re under his influence nothing can stop his words from flowing out of our mouths....
I can’t get enough of God using me for his purpose and plan, via his Spirit....notice also a Born Again Glorifies the Father.

My opinion/ testimony and belief.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ritajanice, just a word of encouragment from a fellow Spirit possessed, guided and dependent person, in the form of a testimony.

I, like you, when I was transitioning from being a bible possessed, guided and dependent person to that of the Spirit of the Creators, I tried to use the former means (bible), what I knew, as my tool to convince people of the truth. But it often had little or no effect. In fact I would come away frustrated and confused by the result.

You and I believe the truth is coming to us directly from God and not only via those of the distant past (contributors of the bible). We find Christ communicating to us as we are being carried along by His Spirit. We have an audience with our Creators.

Christians may oppose this practice and will likely try to convince us to get back to the scriptures only and may call us all kinds of not nice things, thinking they are doing this for our good. I would've done the same things before the change.

Hang in there and enjoy your new found freedom as the Spirit leads you beyond the bible. If the Spirit uses the scriptures then the great thing is we are free to come and go as we are led.
Amen!!...

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is my testimony, and this is what the Bible tells us.

Much love!
There is no where in scripture where God says we are Born Again by persuading our minds to become Born Again as you said,

marks said:
I was first persuaded by God in my mind

it’s not Gods word and that’s why it’s confusing reading it, to say the least.

That is not how we are Born Of The Spirit in Gods word.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen!!

As Gods word says below my lovely.

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Completely understand what you are saying here my friend in my spirit.

This is how God has been using us and will continue to do so...In Jesus Name!...Amen!!

What does it mean to be carried along by the Holy Spirit?
This is what it means to be carried along by the Spirit. It means coming to the place of surrender of all that you are so He can take over and use your vessel to speak as He desires.

Praise God Always as I know you have a “ thankful heart/ spirit.

God Loves a sincere thankful heart....that is what came into my mind from God’s Living witness His Living Holy Spirit...I love how He communicates with my spirit via His Spirit, it fills my heart/ spirit with such joy.

Then he led me to the scripture and here it is.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18) "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." (Psalm 100:4)

My opinion/ testimony and belief.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
100% Amen!!...completely understand what you are saying, as Gods witness His Living Holy Spirit is witnessing this truth you say here to my heart/ spirit.

Praise God....I was also on a mission for God via His Spirit using me to witness to another Born Again Gods Truth.......on FB.....I now await what was witnessed to that mans spirit/ heart to come to fruition and I know it will come to fruition all in “ Gods timing “ this is an area where I have struggled with....” Gods timing”
Not my timing ....I now wait patiently for Gods timing as his timing is perfect....I tell you, the hissy fits I have had with God over his timing,,LOL = laugh out loud.

This is all my opinion/ testimony and belief.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 1:10-13 KJV
10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

"Believing" and "receiving" are prerequisite to being reborn. They come first.

Received him, believe on his name, these verbs are active voice, meaning you do that, it's not done to you, or for you. You have to do it. You must receive Him, you must believe on his name, and it's only for those who do that God gives the right/authority/power to become His children.

Much love!
Except that is scripturally backwards and puts man in control of becoming saved.
Salvation begins and ends with God in control. Jesus is author and finisher of your faith.

Romans 10 tells us and the scripture is in agreement that no one seeks for God.

20 But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:

“Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
And their words to the ends of the world.”
19 But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says:

“I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation,
I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.”
20 But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”
21 But to Israel he says:

“All day long I have stretched out My hands
To a disobedient and contrary people.”

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and the scripture is in agreement that no one seeks for God.
Amen!!....only the incredible power of Gods Holy Spirit can draw us to Jesus....nothing on the planet can stop Gods power.

His power is beyond my comprehension..I just know there in NOTHING on the planet God can’t do....if it’s His will to do so!

Reactions: Scott Downey

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is what you believe if you hold that if a child dies they go to heaven.
Luk 18:15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
Luk 18:16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.

Luk 18:17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."

The kindom of heaven belongs to those who have not sinned or have been forgiven of their sins. The doctrine of Original Sin is false. Clearly these children had not sinned. If they die before they are old enough to have sinned, they will go to heaven.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a sinner.
You accept Christ as your Savior from sin.
You are reborn in Christ. A new creation washed clean by the blood of He who was propitiation for our sins, The Lamb of God . And God remembers your sins no more.

Yet, we are sinners still.
Yes, Because we still sin

As paul said in romans 7. the flesh and the spirit are in a constant battle.. I look at it this way. if paul could not cease from sin as mature as he was. I would be foolish to claim I am without sin.

And John confirms it.

If I say I have (present tense) no sin, I am decieved, and there is no truth in me

If I say I have never sinned. we make him a liar. and his word is not in me

If I sin (literally when) We are to confess it.

if I could be sinless. I would never need to confess my sin

James even tells us to confess our tresspasses (sin)s to one another.

James 5:16
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

so for someone to say they no longer sin.. they are seriously decieved