Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jehovah’s Witnesses organization is a registered charity, which means they pay no income tax. Of the 86,000 registered charities in Canada, they rank 18th with more than $80 million in donations in 2016.

Charity Intelligence, an agency that monitors charities for Canadian donors, gives the group a D-grade because they do not provide details on how donations are spent.

“Jehovah’s Witnesses have a one star rating out of five stars. That should be a red flag to donors. That should be red flag to government.”
How lame-- If one doesn't seek a pat on the back from mortal man they are cast off as worthless. God knows, its all that matters.

Jude Thaddeus

Apr 27, 2024
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Truth wasn't needed until the last days. All those prior died and paid in full the wages of sin. Those who live to see the tribulation and Armageddon must be worshipping the Father in spirit and TRUTH( John 4:22-24) thus truth came back in these last days. All who aren't doing John 4:22-24 will perish at Armageddon.
They could however prior to these last days see clearly the standards God required of one in many ways. But all the religions were false until Jesus' 1 religion came back here in these last days and corrected 1750 years of errors.

Christianity is NOT believing in Christ alone. You must believe in the revelation to the Jews in the OT. You must believe in the God who revealed these things to the Jews. Christ himself must be believed to be the promised Messiah from the OT so you have to believe in those prophecies.

While Jesus is the focus of our faith, we cannot believe in Him alone without having to believe a number of things about him which derive from the OT.

Jesus and his disciple taught a number of things that we also must believe including the absolute necessity of baptism for salvation (John 3:5), the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist (1Cor 10:14ff), and the authority of his disciples to govern the Church (Matt 16:16-20, 18:18).

If you do not believe what Jesus taught, you do not believe in Jesus. Otherwise, Jesus becomes a mere religious talisman or idol and not our teacher (Matthew 23:8f). When we ignore what Jesus taught, we make him into a religious object subservient to our own opinions and interpretations. This is the worst form of idolatry.

Reactions: The Learner

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth wasn't needed until the last days. All those prior died and paid in full the wages of sin. Those who live to see the tribulation and Armageddon must be worshipping the Father in spirit and TRUTH( John 4:22-24) thus truth came back in these last days. All who aren't doing John 4:22-24 will perish at Armageddon.
Seriously? Is that JW doctrine?
They could however prior to these last days see clearly the standards God required of one in many ways. But all the religions were false until Jesus' 1 religion came back here in these last days and corrected 1750 years of errors.
What about the SERIOUS NWT 'errors'?

Last edited:

Jude Thaddeus

Apr 27, 2024
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Seriously? Is that JW doctrine?
I don't it's JW, doctrine, or Bible Student doctrine, or SDA doctrine. (although their unhealthy obsession with end times is similar). Keiw just made it up. Notice he never gives a link to a source that supports his psychotic assertions.

• Love

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't it's JW, doctrine, or Bible Student doctrine, or SDA doctrine. (although their unhealthy obsession with end times is similar). Keiw just made it up. Notice he never gives a link to a source that supports his psychotic assertions.
While I disagree with @Keiw far more than I disagree with you, @Kiew is hardly psychotic. Even if you had the competence to diagnose psychosis and the opportunity to examine @Kiew, posting this type of conclusion would be wholly inappropriate. What does it avail you? Why do it?

Jude Thaddeus

Apr 27, 2024
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While I disagree with @Keiw far more than I disagree with you, @Kiew is hardly psychotic. Even if you had the competence to diagnose psychosis and the opportunity to examine @Kiew, posting this type of conclusion would be wholly inappropriate. What does it avail you? Why do it?
Because I am human with emotions, I tend to over-react when faced with lies, falsehoods, and bigotry.

Jude Thaddeus

Apr 27, 2024
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1718924984977.jpeg

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I am human with emotions, I tend to over-react when faced with lies, falsehoods, and bigotry.
An accusation of being a liar and a bigot is hardly less offensive than an accusation of being psychotic. No matter how emotional you get on discussion forums like this one, you don't have to click the "Post reply" button before reading your words to see if they offend. Why not take that extra ten seconds -- and show Catholicism in action?

• Love

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is NOT believing in Christ alone. You must believe in the revelation to the Jews in the OT. You must believe in the God who revealed these things to the Jews. Christ himself must be believed to be the promised Messiah from the OT so you have to believe in those prophecies.

While Jesus is the focus of our faith, we cannot believe in Him alone without having to believe a number of things about him which derive from the OT.

Jesus and his disciple taught a number of things that we also must believe including the absolute necessity of baptism for salvation (John 3:5), the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist (1Cor 10:14ff), and the authority of his disciples to govern the Church (Matt 16:16-20, 18:18).

If you do not believe what Jesus taught, you do not believe in Jesus. Otherwise, Jesus becomes a mere religious talisman or idol and not our teacher (Matthew 23:8f). When we ignore what Jesus taught, we make him into a religious object subservient to our own opinions and interpretations. This is the worst form of idolatry.
The JEWS sent Gods own son to his death out of hate filled hearts= antichrist--You best relook.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jehovah shows the world= They will have to know i am Jehovah( in Ezekial prophecies about 20 x)--You will see clear then.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The JEWS sent Gods own son to his death out of hate filled hearts= antichrist--You best relook.
John 12:10-11
10 But the chief priests plotted to put Lazarus to death also, 11 because on account of him MANY of the Jews went away and believed in Jesus.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its your errors that make it impossible for you to accomplish this-John 4:22-24.
What errors? Why did the WatchTower edit SERIOUS 'errors' from the NWT? Even 'errors' about Jesus! So you might say the WatchTower rulers will have a lot of blood on their hands on Judgment Day.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One is acquitted of all sin at death. All those get resurrected and given a 2nd chance in Gods kingdom on earth. The world was warned-2Thess 2:3= the great apostasy( son of peredition) would stand up in place of Jesus religion.= The religion that came out of Rome and her hundreds of branches serving a non existent trinity god created at the councils of Catholicism.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Twisting is exactly what JW's do to our Bible. Even the JW bible.
Matt 6:33--Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and al these things will be added. --See its you saying no i will not do that Jesus.