Is anyone else a Seer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dodging? One of the Administers blocked me from posting on this thread for weeks. Read post 20 and then give me your apology.
I got here today and read them all. You read posts 63 and 70 from 'her/you' . That would leave the only apology on the table....from you to her. ;)

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got here today and read them all. You read posts 63 and 70 from 'her/you' . That would leave the only apology on the table....from you to her. ;)
So you see why I did not reply after post 19 because I could not. I was blocked. Now you want me to speak. Why? So I can get blocked again?

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Nobody sees into the future. God tells people what He plans on doing.
REVELATION 1 This is the revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants what must soon come to pass. He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw. This is the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would a true Seer want to be known as a Seer?

LONDON
September 20, 1788

My Dear Brother:

There is, indeed, a wide difference between the relation wherein you stand to the Americans and the relation wherein I stand to all the Methodists. You are the elder brother of the American Methodists: I am under God the father of the whole family. Therefore I naturally care for you all in a manner no other persons can do. Therefore I in a measure provide for you all; for the supplies which Dr. Coke provides for you, he could not provide were it not for me, were it not that I not only permit him to collect but also support him in so doing.

But in one point, my dear brother, I am a little afraid both the Doctor and you differ from me. I study to be little: you study to be great. I creep; you strut along. I found a school: you a college! [Cokesbury College] nay, and call it after your own names! Oh beware, do not seek to be something! Let me be nothing, and "Christ be all in all!"

One instance of this, of your greatness, has given me great concern. How can you, how dare you suffer yourself to be called Bishop? I shudder, I start at the very thought! Men may call me a knave or a fool, a rascal, a scoundrel, and I am content; but they shall never by my consent call me Bishop! For my sake, for God's sake, for Christ's sake put a full end to this! Let the Presbyterians do what they please, but let the Methodists know their calling better.

Thus, my dear Franky (Francis Asbury), I have told you all that is in my heart. And let this, when I am no more seen, bear witness how sincerely I am Your affectionate friend and brother,

John Wesley
Yes, if it a new gift God has given me. This OP was for those who are already seers. All others will only give me uninformed opinions.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I suspect your TESTIMONY intimidates most here. Especially those who have never experienced anything like what you have shared. I am not INTIMIDATED, for I too have testimonies as yours. But your testimony does INSPIRE me, because I have heard so many of your testimonies and I know I pale in the shadow how MANY MORE things you have walked in, compared to me. Thank you for sharing.

And a correction to ALL now....of course it's me just being me; o_O The only holy spirit which came INTO the PROPHETS (not kings IMO) of the old covenant was not the Holy Spirit of God. It was the holy spirit of Christ.

Sadly the error of the translators was capitalizing spirit below when they shouldn't have.

1PE 1:10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,
11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

I am here to encourage.

Many hear Him but are hesitant to talk about it.

Frankly it is those with whom we are in close fellowship that should weigh our experiences of Him, not some No-Name in cyberspace.

I am getting on in life and have nothing to lose by testifying about how He has showed up in various ways.

We learn by doing not by commentating.

1 Cor 2
14 ... a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But the one who is spiritual discerns all things, yet he himself is discerned by no one. 16 For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody sees into the future. God tells people what He plans on doing.

Out if interest, who told you, nobody sees into the future?

I am very glad God enables people to see into the future. I being one of them.
Agreed. As am I. The animosity Christians have to modern day prophets is shocking, especially in light that this is a sign of end times.

The Bible says it is going to happen. It is happening. And believers don't believe it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a seer? I still don’t know? How is a seer different from a prophet? What is to receive sight(does a seer see?), being filling with the Holy Spirit.
Maybe there is no difference? Consider the following verse speaking about Samuel in particular:

1sa 9:9(Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)

Seer:

har Ra'ah (raw-aw'); Verb, Strong #: 7200
  1. to see, look at, inspect, perceive, consider
    1. (Qal)
      1. to see
      2. to see, perceive
      3. to see, have vision
      4. to look at, see, regard, look after, see after, learn about, observe, watch, look upon, look out, find out
      5. to see, observe, consider, look at, give attention to, discern, distinguish
      6. to look at, gaze at
    2. (Niphal)
      1. to appear, present oneself
      2. to be seen
      3. to be visible
    3. (Pual) to be seen
    4. (Hiphil)
      1. to cause to see, show
      2. to cause to look intently at, behold, cause to gaze at
    5. (Hophal)
      1. to be caused to see, be shown
      2. to be exhibited to
    6. (Hithpael) to look at each other, face

Prophet:
aybn Nabiy' (naw-bee'); Noun Masculine, Strong #: 5030
  1. spokesman, speaker, prophet
    1. prophet
    2. false prophet
    3. heathen prophet

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REVELATION 1 This is the revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants what must soon come to pass. He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw. This is the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
The revelation is what God plans on doing. I can give you the same data on me if it was sure I would not get sick or die. Then I could tell you... Behold, I peterlag will go to the store next month and there you will see me buying all kinds of fruit. And it will come to pass that I will take this food to a checkout center and there will be a person standing there with a cash register machine. And they will add the fruit up to a total.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would a true Seer want to be known as a Seer?

LONDON
September 20, 1788

My Dear Brother:

There is, indeed, a wide difference between the relation wherein you stand to the Americans and the relation wherein I stand to all the Methodists. You are the elder brother of the American Methodists: I am under God the father of the whole family. Therefore I naturally care for you all in a manner no other persons can do. Therefore I in a measure provide for you all; for the supplies which Dr. Coke provides for you, he could not provide were it not for me, were it not that I not only permit him to collect but also support him in so doing.

But in one point, my dear brother, I am a little afraid both the Doctor and you differ from me. I study to be little: you study to be great. I creep; you strut along. I found a school: you a college! [Cokesbury College] nay, and call it after your own names! Oh beware, do not seek to be something! Let me be nothing, and "Christ be all in all!"

One instance of this, of your greatness, has given me great concern. How can you, how dare you suffer yourself to be called Bishop? I shudder, I start at the very thought! Men may call me a knave or a fool, a rascal, a scoundrel, and I am content; but they shall never by my consent call me Bishop! For my sake, for God's sake, for Christ's sake put a full end to this! Let the Presbyterians do what they please, but let the Methodists know their calling better.

Thus, my dear Franky (Francis Asbury), I have told you all that is in my heart. And let this, when I am no more seen, bear witness how sincerely I am Your affectionate friend and brother,

John Wesley
And to share Wesley's concern... Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. - 1 Timothy 3:6

And in Isaiah"s time a prophet was more like a profit and the Word was that everyone's doing it! Let's fill our night with partying for tomorrow will be the better day!

His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant. - Isaiah 56:10-12

@49:20 in the video below - And the reason why these empty brain preachers are doing that is because they are scared they will lose their little crowd... But the Word is the one that draws! If you tell the truth somebody will hear... If you tell the truth somebody will follow you. The Bible calls these preachers in Isaiah 56:10 dumb dogs... They don't like me... Who can't even bark.... Hello in here!

@49:20 in this linked video They are all dumb dogs, they cannot even bark!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were to go listen to a so called Seer and find the actual anointing of the Holy Spirit in the place I would be pleasantly surprised.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came into a Pentecostal Holiness church in which I know within my heart that I experienced the wonderful presence of the Holy Spirit. And it was like wow! I never had a feeling like that in all my days! But as my generation came up it was obvious that it was becoming something else. Our ministers have become more educated than they ever were but it is obvious that something very important is missing.

When we had a plating department in our facility I worked myself up to Lab Technician and worked under a chemist. This chemist was very smart, professional, decent, and very good at math. When he laid out equations he did so in very neat handwriting and there would be much activity as he turned the results of an analysis into an addition. I would take his calculations and put them in the form of visual basic functions and sub procedures.

Of all the years I worked with this man I had one opportunity to witness to him. I made my presentation while he was analyzing adhesion under a microscope in which you could hear the sounds... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! After my presentation he just continued to look under the microscope as if he ignored everything I said so I just continued in my work. Then... The scratch scratch, scratching stopped! And he speaks!

"You know what I think it is?" He says while continuing to look under the microscope... "I think it is arrogance!"

And then, without taking his eyes off the microscope, he continues his work... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! I did not reply but went about my work. I fear that much of what goes on under the guise of Christianity is more ego than anything else!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I came into a Pentecostal Holiness church in which I know within my heart that I experienced the wonderful presence of the Holy Spirit. And it was like wow! I never had a feeling like that in all my days! But as my generation came up it was obvious that it was becoming something else. Our ministers have become more educated than they ever were but it is obvious that something very important is missing.

When we had a plating department in our facility I worked myself up to Lab Technician and worked under a chemist. This chemist was very smart, professional, decent, and very good at math. When he laid out equations he did so in very neat handwriting and there would be much activity as he turned the results of an analysis into an addition. I would take his calculations and put them in the form of visual basic functions and sub procedures.

Of all the years I worked with this man I had one opportunity to witness to him. I made my presentation while he was analyzing adhesion under a microscope in which you could hear the sounds... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! After my presentation he just continued to look under the microscope as if he ignored everything I said so I just continued in my work. Then... The scratch scratch, scratching stopped! And he speaks!

"You know what I think it is?" He says while continuing to look under the microscope... "I think it is arrogance!"

And then, without taking his eyes off the microscope, he continues his work... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! I did not reply but went about my work. I fear that much of what goes on under the guise of Christianity is more ego than anything else!

Hey - given your background, you will be interested to hear an incident that happened back in the day.

I attended Spreydon Baptist Church in Christchurch for 7 years.

My home group leader, David, was a geologist who analysed rock samples from Antarctica.

He later became a leading light in the development of adhesives.

During this time back in the 70's the Church had massive conversion growth with converts off the street and such, under the wise oversight of Pastor Murray Robinson.

As some had occult backgrounds there was at times a visible power encounter and deliverance at the point of being transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of Light.

None so apparent than one young lady who was into divination and wore a divining ring around her neck on a chain but was being drawn to the light nonetheless.

So she wants to attend church and walking into the foyer is spotted by David who, seeing her ring, experiences a welling up of God's indignation within him. Right there, in that moment, - the ring fell to the ground off the chain.

When David went to pick it up he was amazed to find that the gold ring had lost all it's metal strength and become like powder. Being a geologist he knew that was he witnessed was a profound change in the atomic structure.

I have often wondered that when Peter's chains fell off - God's Spirit acted in a similar way.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But your testimony does INSPIRE me, because I have heard so many of your testimonies and I know I pale in the shadow how MANY MORE things you have walked in, compared to me. Thank you for sharing.

Hey - isn't it funny how we view one another - I have had a high regard for you ever since your posts on CF

Rejoice with those who rejoice...

It is all about Him - remember the hymn "you in your small corner, and I in mine ?

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The revelation is what God plans on doing. I can give you the same data on me if it was sure I would not get sick or die. Then I could tell you... Behold, I peterlag will go to the store next month and there you will see me buying all kinds of fruit. And it will come to pass that I will take this food to a checkout center and there will be a person standing there with a cash register machine. And they will add the fruit up to a total.

Yes, a more sure test of a prophet is not to predict the likely, but rather the impossible or very unlikely.

Introducing a Prophet should induce a feeling of being uncomfortable...

This is the reverse of what is common today - the introduction is designed to promote feeling good.