Is anyone else a Seer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will use me as an example and hope it helps. The Lord once showed me an office I had never seen nor even knew where it was. He showed me the inside of it and that a man would be sitting at a desk with another man standing in the inside of the door. This was not seeing into the future. It was the Lord showing me the office. The next day I walked in that office and saw that real office for the first time with a man sitting at the desk and the other man standing in the inside of the door. Again, This was not seeing in the future. It was the Lord showing me the office which He did the night before I walked into it.
I've had those types of visions also ever since I was filled with the Holy Spirit in 1977. But God has also told me the future and it came to pass exactly as He said. But even though He's gifted me with many of the gifts for a prophet, I will not say I'm a Prophet. That is an office, and God has not said that He was giving me that office, just that He was giving me the office of Teacher. I know better than to add to His words.

Reactions: amadeus

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying you do not have the Holy Spirit?

Hope to find your response tomorrow. Good night.
When I wrote a couple of paragraphs about prophets that I posted on this thread... I was thinking of Old Testament prophets and they were folks that God placed His spirit upon so He could talk to them.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you look at the Hebrew words for prophet and prophetess, they have two... very different... meanings.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so - regularly prophets received a vision, not always words.
Did I tell you about the office I saw with the man sitting at the desk and another man standing by the door? That was a vision. Not words. I saw it in color. I did not see into the future. God showed me a room.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did I tell you about the office I saw with the man sitting at the desk and another man standing by the door? That was a vision. Not words. I saw it in color. I did not see into the future. God showed me a room.

So John did not see into the future when He was given understanding of what was to unfold ?

Maybe you should explain what you mean by seeing into the future...

Do you think there is a difference between predicting the future and seeing into it?

It worries me that you might declare that anyone being shown future events by the Holy Spirit has a false gift.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to be asked to leave that group and the Lord was helping me to stay. When I walked in the room and saw what looked like what I saw the night before was when I knew to speak slowly because the Lord was with me.
So He helped you by showing it beforehand to remind you to trust He is with you, that He is God and there are no other gods before Him?

I’m getting confused myself. I do think there is a difference in the Prophets of old. How they foretold beforehand of the sufferings of Christ.

I’m not comparing it to the Prophets of old but like you I’ve had things in my life take place that were abnormal, seeming like an interaction from God for my help to have confidence in Him, or Trust…His Spirit communicating. It didn’t make me a future teller…I think that is what you are saying? I still say though if He has shown us better things to come…that is showing beforehand. A gift of the Spirit.

Another thing that makes this topic interesting to me is …to me I see Paul prophesying of things to come. Like when he told the Corinthians—the Spirit of Christ speaking in Paul toward them—-even though it doesn’t yet appear and to them and Paul appeared u to them as a reprobate—Paul trust they WILL see. And all the times Paul said “when your obedience is fulfilled” or “when Christ is formed in you” so much so that Paul spoke of good things towards those around him beforehand saying that when what Paul had spoken in Christ, God brought to pass it proved to make NOT ashamed of boasting in the Lord. For Paul foresaw, having been shown and taught of the Revelation of Jesus Christ which begins with
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Another is: Acts 9:15-17 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, (same definition you said of a prophet, a spokesman of God) to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: [16] For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. [17] And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou came, has sent me, that you might receive your sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

What is a seer? I still don’t know? How is a seer different from a prophet? What is to receive sight(does a seer see?), being filling with the Holy Spirit.

I get that is one long post where your response might still be the generic…prophets don’t see the future. God tells them what is going to happen. (Honestly, that makes no sense to me. I’ll say it again if God shows them, then they have seen being shown by God. Why restrict it?)
If out of every thing above …this one thing stands out to me and it’s this. To compartmentalize it into one short “they don’t see the future. God tells them the future.” There is at least way too much to draw such a line to swear by.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I wrote a couple of paragraphs about prophets that I posted on this thread... I was thinking of Old Testament prophets and they were folks that God placed His spirit upon so He could talk to them.
Yes, that is the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. His Spirit was only in Prophets and Kings, and now in all who abide in Christ being Spirit-filled. So are you Spirit-filled and have His gift/gifts?

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
An undertone on this thread is that folks are to be hesitant about sharing what they believe God has done in their lives for risk of being deemed deceived.

For a start many folks are unaware of what God does in lives when they are faced with a power encounter on the 'edge of the kingdom' because few are engaged in the harvest.

I am convinced having ministered in the inner city among the violent, that gifts kick in to keep one safe and effective spiritually in ways well beyond our understanding. I am sure that the list of 9 gifts is not exhaustive.

As for trying to limit the NT gifts to the OT record - this also is folly. It is a new Covenant with better gifts.

So many pontificate on these matters with no personal knowledge of God actually turning up when we have stepped out into enemy territory and need Him or we are toast.

We would go out into the street with intercessors praying behind and see short term prophesy come true within minutes. Someone would 'see' a man sitting on a park bench with a newspaper - and there ,15 minutes later, he was there in front of our eyes, and ripe for the gospel.

God gave us two floors of a three story building and a prostitute had one of the rooms. God showed me His power entering the room and in no time she and her children were touched by God and the room became our chapel in which many were healed.

The Harvest is ripe but the workers are few. My Pastor said that the church was not within a bulls roar of what we were doing in the inner city, finding churches that would accomodate the raw converts unskilled in church life was a challenge.

This is a bit of a ramble but really we need to get out of our books and get into the real world with Him and learn as we go what is the real oil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hillsage

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I also noticed when I saw that solid black billowing cloud (moving) with the tornado in front of it that was present throughout the sermon was that it was crystal clear. These new glasses of mine are not that accurate. But what the Spirit opened my eyes to see gave me perfect vision. If that ever happens again I will test it and take my glasses off and see if that changes.

I've been visiting a church for a couple months and have seen nothing. I'm afraid his sermons are not from his own studies, but plagiarized. Doctrinally they are not accurate either. But he and the people are full of love.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An undertone on this thread is that folks are to be hesitant about sharing hat they believe God has done in their lives for risk of being deemed deceived.

For a start many folks are unaware of what God does in lives when they are faced with a power encounter on the 'edge of the kingdom' because few are engaged in the harvest.

I am convinced having ministered in the inner city among the violent, that gifts kick in to keep one safe and effective spiritually in ways well beyond our understanding. I am sure that the list of 9 gifts is not exhaustive.

As for trying to limit the NT gifts to the OT record - this also is folly. It is a new Covenant with better gifts.

So many pontificate on these matters with no personal knowledge of God actually turning up when we have stepped out into enemy territory and need Him or we are toast.

We would go out into the street with intercessors praying behind and see short term prophesy come true within minutes. Someone would 'see' a man sitting on a park bench with a newspaper - and there ,15 minutes later, he was there in front of our eyes, and ripe for the gospel.

God gave us two floors of a three story building and a prostitute had one of the rooms. God showed me His power entering the room and in no time she and her children were touched by God and the room became out chapel in which many were healed.

The Harvest is ripe but the workers are few. My Pastor said that the church was not within a bulls roar of what we were doing in the inner city, finding churches that would accomodate the raw converts unskilled in church life was a challenge.

This is a bit of a ramble but really we need to get out of our books and get into the real world with Him and learn as we go what is the real oil.
I suspect your TESTIMONY intimidates most here. Especially those who have never experienced anything like what you have shared. I am not INTIMIDATED, for I too have testimonies as yours. But your testimony does INSPIRE me, because I have heard so many of your testimonies and I know I pale in the shadow how MANY MORE things you have walked in, compared to me. Thank you for sharing.

And a correction to ALL now....of course it's me just being me; o_O The only holy spirit which came INTO the PROPHETS (not kings IMO) of the old covenant was not the Holy Spirit of God. It was the holy spirit of Christ.

Sadly the error of the translators was capitalizing spirit below when they shouldn't have.

1PE 1:10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,
11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. His Spirit was only in Prophets and Kings, and now in all who abide in Christ being Spirit-filled. So are you Spirit-filled and have His gift/gifts?
Now why would you ask me that?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So He helped you by showing it beforehand to remind you to trust He is with you, that He is God and there are no other gods before Him?

I’m getting confused myself. I do think there is a difference in the Prophets of old. How they foretold beforehand of the sufferings of Christ.

I’m not comparing it to the Prophets of old but like you I’ve had things in my life take place that were abnormal, seeming like an interaction from God for my help to have confidence in Him, or Trust…His Spirit communicating. It didn’t make me a future teller…I think that is what you are saying? I still say though if He has shown us better things to come…that is showing beforehand. A gift of the Spirit.

Another thing that makes this topic interesting to me is …to me I see Paul prophesying of things to come. Like when he told the Corinthians—the Spirit of Christ speaking in Paul toward them—-even though it doesn’t yet appear and to them and Paul appeared u to them as a reprobate—Paul trust they WILL see. And all the times Paul said “when your obedience is fulfilled” or “when Christ is formed in you” so much so that Paul spoke of good things towards those around him beforehand saying that when what Paul had spoken in Christ, God brought to pass it proved to make NOT ashamed of boasting in the Lord. For Paul foresaw, having been shown and taught of the Revelation of Jesus Christ which begins with
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Another is: Acts 9:15-17 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, (same definition you said of a prophet, a spokesman of God) to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: [16] For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. [17] And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou came, has sent me, that you might receive your sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

What is a seer? I still don’t know? How is a seer different from a prophet? What is to receive sight(does a seer see?), being filling with the Holy Spirit.

I get that is one long post where your response might still be the generic…prophets don’t see the future. God tells them what is going to happen. (Honestly, that makes no sense to me. I’ll say it again if God shows them, then they have seen being shown by God. Why restrict it?)
If out of every thing above …this one thing stands out to me and it’s this. To compartmentalize it into one short “they don’t see the future. God tells them the future.” There is at least way too much to draw such a line to swear by
I write about walking in the spirit. If you feel inspired you can view what I write here...
Walking By The Spirit - Stephen Full Of Faith & Power Jesus Book

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So John did not see into the future when He was given understanding of what was to unfold ?

Maybe you should explain what you mean by seeing into the future...

Do you think there is a difference between predicting the future and seeing into it?

It worries me that you might declare that anyone being shown future events by the Holy Spirit has a false gift.
Nobody sees into the future. God tells people what He plans on doing.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would a true Seer want to be known as a Seer?

LONDON
September 20, 1788

My Dear Brother:

There is, indeed, a wide difference between the relation wherein you stand to the Americans and the relation wherein I stand to all the Methodists. You are the elder brother of the American Methodists: I am under God the father of the whole family. Therefore I naturally care for you all in a manner no other persons can do. Therefore I in a measure provide for you all; for the supplies which Dr. Coke provides for you, he could not provide were it not for me, were it not that I not only permit him to collect but also support him in so doing.

But in one point, my dear brother, I am a little afraid both the Doctor and you differ from me. I study to be little: you study to be great. I creep; you strut along. I found a school: you a college! [Cokesbury College] nay, and call it after your own names! Oh beware, do not seek to be something! Let me be nothing, and "Christ be all in all!"

One instance of this, of your greatness, has given me great concern. How can you, how dare you suffer yourself to be called Bishop? I shudder, I start at the very thought! Men may call me a knave or a fool, a rascal, a scoundrel, and I am content; but they shall never by my consent call me Bishop! For my sake, for God's sake, for Christ's sake put a full end to this! Let the Presbyterians do what they please, but let the Methodists know their calling better.

Thus, my dear Franky (Francis Asbury), I have told you all that is in my heart. And let this, when I am no more seen, bear witness how sincerely I am Your affectionate friend and brother,

John Wesley