Why I Am a Cessationist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it loving to accuse the charismatic brothers and sisters in Christ that their gifts are from Satan ?

You quoted MacArthur whom you agree with and declared it’s from the devil .
I remember listening to one of John's sermons on spiritual gifts and I remember distinctly that he drew a difference between signs gifts and ministry gifts, and taught that the ministry gifts were still current. I remember thinking it was an excellent study on the matter.

I was suprised because I'd always heard he was cessationist, but this sermon showed me something different, which seemed to be a lot like how I understand this.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Personally, I think you need to study some more and not just "dipping" into selective reading of Scriptures.

Biblical Perspective:
Faith and Trust in God: Scripture emphasizes that believers are called to live by faith and trust in God rather than relying solely on personal experiences. For instance:

2 Corinthians 5:7: "For we walk by faith, not by sight."
Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."

The Role of Experiences: While experiences can serve as confirmations or manifestations of God's presence and work in our lives, they are not the primary basis of faith:

Hebrews 11:1: "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

Romans 10:17: "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ."
Discernment of Experiences: Scripture also teaches believers to discern experiences in light of God's Word and to test them against biblical truth:

1 John 4:1: "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Theological Perspective:
Authority of Scripture: Many theological traditions affirm the authority of Scripture as the primary source of divine revelation and guidance for faith and practice:

2 Timothy 3:16-17: "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
Balance of Spirit and Word: While experiences such as personal encounters with God, answered prayers, and spiritual gifts are acknowledged, they are understood within the context of God's Word:

1 Corinthians 14:1-40: This chapter discusses the use of spiritual gifts in the church and emphasizes the importance of edification and order in their exercise.
Practical Application:
Submission to God's Will: Believers are encouraged to submit their experiences to God's will and discern His guidance through prayer, study of Scripture, and seeking wise counsel.

Community and Fellowship: Engaging in fellowship with other believers helps in discerning experiences and confirming them within the broader context of the Christian community.

Growth in Faith: As believers mature in their faith, they learn to balance experiences with biblical teachings, recognizing that experiences should align with and affirm the truths revealed in Scripture.

In summary, while experiences can play a role in the Christian walk, believers are ultimately called to live by faith in God and His Word. Experiences should be tested against Scripture and should not supersede the authority of God's revealed truth in guiding beliefs and practices.

Contrary to what you want me to believe @Lizbeth
This is putting the cart before the horse, if I may say so.
Why does everything get misunderstood? I don't put experience before the word of God brother. Just that we learn about the Lord by our experience of Him in light of His word. Did you miss that part? Experiencing God is part of the Christian life because of having been restored to FELLOWSHIP with Him. The more experience you have of any person the more you get to know them. And this also helps you to discern when something is out of character for them.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I remember listening to one of John's sermons on spiritual gifts and I remember distinctly that he drew a difference between signs gifts and ministry gifts, and taught that the ministry gifts were still current. I remember thinking it was an excellent study on the matter.

I was suprised because I'd always heard he was cessationist, but this sermon showed me something different, which seemed to be a lot like how I understand this.

Much love!
Justin would agree that ministerial gifts are still active. Of course, the greatest miracle is the transformation of a person who becomes reborn into something entirely new.
Here it is

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why does everything get misunderstood? I don't put experience before the word of God brother. Just that we learn about the Lord by our experience of Him in light of His word. Did you miss that part? Experiencing God is part of the Christian life because of having been restored to FELLOWSHIP with Him. The more experience you have of any person the more you get to know them. And this also helps you to discern when something is out of character for them.
Yes, a whole lot of misunderstanding, and if you work with the written word, maybe we can see eye to eye.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
He is a cessationist I have his books on charismatics . Have you read them ?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yikes, the above is faulty all by itself. When Paul wrote that all scripture is profitable, they had all the old testament scriptures, which is what the Bereans would have been looking into at the time as well.
Shalom, let Christophany help you out, till then there will be misunderstandings and miscommunications.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You come against a very biblical Church here, may I add, not very kind of you.

Justin Johnson
True spiritual gifts are clearly manifested. Here are a few relevant criteria to identify what kind of gift is in you.

Are you emotional and insecure about your salvation?
You have the gift of tongues.

Do you want to tell people how to live and think?
You have the gift of prophecy.

Are you lazy and destined for great things?
You have the gift of working miracles.

Do you want to talk in church, but are not a good public speaker?

Are you outgoing and have an ego at least twice as big as your hair?
You have the gift of healing.

Are you shy and quiet but still attend a Pentecostal charismatic church?
You have the gift of faith.

Are you able to feel the Spirit moving inside you? (The rumble is louder if you fast.)

Have you been looking for your gift in the church longer than 5 years and can’t seem to manifest it?
You have the gift of helps.

Can you write movie reviews separating the good from the bad wizards in Harry Potter?
You have the gift of discerning spirits.

Have you made money writing books?
You have the gift of knowledge.

Has this list not identified your gift yet?

Can you collect money from people who have already claimed their own gifts?
Congratulations! You are ordained an apostle.

Have you won awards for your singing in large churches and want to glorify God by a music album with your name on it?
You have the privilege of serving God by being America’s next Idol. You are God’s gift to the entire country!

Now, someone with the gift of skepticism may speak up and declare that there are only nine gifts in 1 Cor 12:7-11, and none of them have anything to do with American Idol, but they are wrong.

How do you think American Idol judge Steve Tyler knows how to identify the best Christian singers except by this gift?

“… to another the interpretation of tongues…” – 1 Cor 12:10
Want More?

Paul does say that there is something more excellent than any of the spiritual gifts (1 Cor 12:31; 13:13; charity).

Then again, in order to exhibit charity none of the previous selfish criteria for the gifts can exist.

“Charity envieth not…
[Charity] is not puffed up,
[Charity] doth not behave itself unseemly,
[Charity] seeketh not her own,
[Charity] rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth” – 1 Cor 13:4-6
Maybe next season.

Thankfully that sarcastic nonsense has nothing to do with me so why address it to me? I'd be among the first to denounce that kind of thing as being false.

To me people don't need to be and shouldn't be consumed with wondering what their spiritual gifts are anyhow......eventually we start to realize how the Lord is interfacing and working with us as we grow in Him and our "gifts" become more evident as we exercise our spiritual senses (IF we do) more. We might start to notice a pattern or a certain consistency over time. We are just to seek and serve the Lord and focus on HIM, and He will do as He wills, is how I think of it. Serving the Lord as Jesus did IN SIMPLICITY.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Experiencing God is part of the Christian life because of having been restored to FELLOWSHIP with Him.
I think experiencing God is integral to Christian living.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 KJV
17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18) But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We are unveiled, seeing clearly, what do we see? It's like we are looking in a mirror, seeing the glory of the Lord.

1 John 3:2 KJV
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Seeing Him makes us to become like Him. Seeing His glory reflected in us is transformative. His glory becomes our glory, "from glory, into glory". We are being changed into that same image.

Knowing this is true, and knowing that when we see Him, we WILL be like Him,

1 John 3:3 KJV
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Then, we will see Him with our eyes. Now, we see Him in the work He does in and through us.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Lizbeth and Johann

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the greatest miracle is the transformation of a person who becomes reborn into something entirely new.
Absolutely!! And thank God for His transforming work! I'd be so so completely lost without Him!!!

Much love!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Absolutely!! And thank God for His transforming work! I'd be so so completely lost without Him!!!

Much love!
Amen brother-it would appear I have open a can of worms but yes, without Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit we are hopelessly lost.
Johann.

• Love
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother-it would appear I have open a can of worms but yes, without Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit we are hopelessly lost.
Johann.
I think it's a valuable discussion if everyone can mind their p's and q's.

Much love!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thankfully that sarcastic nonsense has nothing to do with me so why address it to me? I'd be among the first to denounce that kind of thing as being false.

To me people don't need to be and shouldn't be consumed with wondering what their spiritual gifts are anyhow......eventually we start to realize how the Lord is interfacing and working with us as we grow in Him and our "gifts" become more evident as we exercise our spiritual senses (IF we do) more. We might start to notice a pattern or a certain consistency over time. We are just to seek and serve the Lord and focus on HIM, and He will do as He wills, is how I think of it. Serving the Lord as Jesus did IN SIMPLICITY.
“From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that
which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure
of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.”
~ Ephesians 4:16
1. You are Particularly Needed
a. Saying you have a special talent/gift and a wonderful plan for your life is ignorant

b. 1 Cor 12:27 - You are part of a body with many members, you need to find your place

c. You have a mission from the Lord Jesus Christ as members of the Body of Christ

d. The pinnacle of spiritual perfection is not to be pastor/teacher which is one member

e. One member does not constitute the whole body – a car needs every part

f. If you are limited in ability, know how, time, etc – welcome to the body

i. 1) Everyone has limitations, which is why you are needed

ii. 2) You have the same spiritual blessings, access, mission as every member

2. The Overlooked and Desperately Needed

a. Spiritual work is often unseen, invisible, silent, underneath, from the inside

b. Urbane, Mary – they helped and laboured much – Rom 16:6,9

c. Tertius – the forgotten writer of Romans – Rom 16:22-23

d. “apt to teach” is not the only aptitude – conversation, comforting, help, etc.

e. To help requires knowing what needs done; you can help someone do wrong: beware
3. Needed People to Be Present

a. “and their house” – What were they? An encouragement. Rom 16:10,11, 14,15

b. Fellow prisoners – Junia Rom 16:7, Aristarchus Col 4:10, Epaphras Phm 23

c. Weak, feeble, afflicted are necessary to prove the love of others – 1Co 12:22; 1 Th 5:14

d. Bringer of joy – 1Th 5:16, 1:19-20 – by your faith, work, desire, praise, participation

i. A solid plant that does not bear fruit is frustrating. Joy is the fruit.

e. “mutual faith both of you and me” – Rom 1:12 – half the work is showing up, Col 4:11

f. A good example, bringing to remembrance – 1Co 4:17; 1 Tim 4:6

4. Helping the Helpers

a. Phebe our sister – help those women who helped me - Rom 16:1-2

i. A succourer, and of myself – she was a helping hand, Paul was asking for elbows

b. “comfort one another” – 1 Thess 4:18; Rom 8:18; 2 Cor 7:6-7; 7:13-14

c. “communicating to necessities” – Phil 4:15-19; necessary uses – Titus 3:8, 3:14

d. “piety at home” and the mundance provision and refreshment – 1 Tim 5:4,8; 5:10

e. Every joint supplies by the effectual working - Eph 4:15-16; 1 Thess 2:13

i. You with Christ are able to do – Phil 4:13, Eph 3:20-21

ii. You in Christ are ordained to be useful – Eph 2:10

iii. You in Christ are special (particular) – take your place!

Justin

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know God in your spirit?

Or do you know God Of The Bible...by reading His written word?

Are you a spirit child of God?

I grow and mature in the SPIRIT!

I don’t grow from reading the history of the Bible..

I am led by Gods Witness His Living Holy Spirit..to understand spirit talk not religious dogma.

1 Corinthians 2​

King James Version​

2 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
The Bible is not religious dogma. It is the word of God!!
How does Paul declare to us the testimony of God? He wrote it down.We did not hear it from him. We read it. YOU READ AND POSTED IT>
How can you say the Bible is religious dogma, and then use it to quote from? Hello?
I have no other need for you to declare what spirit you have.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think experiencing God is integral to Christian living.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 KJV
17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18) But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We are unveiled, seeing clearly, what do we see? It's like we are looking in a mirror, seeing the glory of the Lord.

1 John 3:2 KJV
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Seeing Him makes us to become like Him. Seeing His glory reflected in us is transformative. His glory becomes our glory, "from glory, into glory". We are being changed into that same image.

Knowing this is true, and knowing that when we see Him, we WILL be like Him,

1 John 3:3 KJV
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Then, we will see Him with our eyes. Now, we see Him in the work He does in and through us.

Much love!
I think you are close--

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
Verse 18:
"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

κατοπτριζόμενοι (katoptrizomenoi):
Morphology: Present participle, middle/passive voice, nominative plural masculine.
Meaning: This word is derived from κατοπτρίζω (katoptrizo), which means "to reflect as in a mirror" or "to behold as in a mirror."
Syntactic Force: It functions as a participial phrase modifying "we all," indicating the ongoing action of beholding or reflecting the glory of the Lord.
1 John 3:2
Verse 2:
"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

ὄψομεθα (opsometha):
Morphology: Future indicative, first person plural.
Meaning: This word means "we shall see" or "we will see."
Syntactic Force: It indicates a future action of seeing or beholding Christ when He appears.
1 John 3:3
Verse 3:
"And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

ὄψεται (opsetai):
Morphology: Future indicative, third person singular.
Meaning: This word means "he will see."
Syntactic Force: It indicates a future action of seeing or experiencing Christ, related to the hope that believers have in Him.
Summary:
Syntactic Force: In each instance, the participial phrase (κατοπτριζόμενοι) and the verbs (ὄψομεθα, ὄψεται) convey the action of seeing or beholding God's glory and Christ's manifestation. The participial phrase in 2 Corinthians 3:18 describes the ongoing action of reflecting God's glory, while the verbs in 1 John 3:2 and 3 indicate future actions of seeing Christ and experiencing His presence.

Meaning: The words themselves (κατοπτριζόμενοι, ὄψομεθα, ὄψεται) emphasize the visual or spiritual perception of God's presence and glory, either presently (as in reflection or anticipation) or in the future (as in the appearance of Christ).

Understanding these elements helps us grasp how the Greek language nuances the concepts of spiritual perception, transformation, and anticipation as expressed in these biblical passages.

J.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I post is biblically sound so I have no problem with you concurring with him since it goes "against the grain" and your need for signs and wonders-I have this "Check" in my spirit-if I'm not mistaken this is Civic from BAM you are having a conversation with-a master in Copy and Paste and very prolific at it, most of his work is not from Scripture but from online Internet sources which he claims as his own.
If this is civic from BAM he is a wolf in sheep's clothing and his Admin Mike and some of the Mods

As for you @Lizbeth since you don't heed sound doctrines I can't help you and have already picked up there is no discernment from your end.
The older we get the lazier we become, not for those who are trained in Scriptures and live a style of life in conformity WITH Scripture, the Lord Jesus Christ, sealed with the Holy Spirit-obeying His Imperatives.

Shalom.
Not everyone is born to be a biblical scholar brother....are you taunting me? Nevertheless I think my posts in general speak well enough for themselves because God's strength is perfected.......in our weakness.

Where it says "study" to show yourself approved doesn't mean to study the bible like a textbook with the intellect. In the language of "ye olde Englishe" it means to endeavour. And it doesn't mean we are frantically leafing through pages desperately trying to "earn" God's approval either.

I don't "need" signs and wonders and I dont' seek such. That would be idolatry. God just chooses to speak and do as He speaks and does, from time to time, so you better go argue with Him about it then and try telling Him what He may or may not do. Sometimes you remind me of someone else we see often on the forum..... taking disagreement personally, which results in ad hominem accusations and twisting of what is being said.

Who is Civic, I don't know him from a bar of soap. And I know nothing about ChristisGod either or what he believes. Think I have seen him a few times on other threads but dont think I have engaged with him before, and don't have a good memory.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible is not religious dogma. It is the word of God!!

Your preaching me to read my Bible is religious dogma..you are not God.
How does Paul declare to us the testimony of God? He wrote it down.We did not hear it from him. We read it. YOU READ AND POSTED IT>
How can you say the Bible is religious dogma, and then use it to quote from? Hello?
Your word is the religious dogma..NOT Gods word...
I have no other need for you to declare what spirit you have. I already know.
Your religious talk is the dogma...NOT Gods written word you want me to learn it your way and your teachings.

Not in a month of Sunday’s!!

I am a child of God..led by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit...Born Again of Gods seed that liveth and abideth forever in my heart/spirit....that is where I know God....not by reading his written word...you must know God in your heart my lovely, then the Spirit can start his work in you, bringing you to understand God’s written word in our spirit...not in our human intellect..

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have no other need for you to declare what spirit you have. I already know.
Please correct my posts and show me my error...thank you.

Do you understand this scripture?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not everyone is born to be a biblical scholar brother....are you taunting me? Nevertheless I think my posts in general speak well enough for themselves because God's strength is perfected.......in our weakness.

Where it says "study" to show yourself approved doesn't mean to study the bible like a textbook with the intellect. In the language of "ye olde Englishe" it means to endeavour. And it doesn't mean we are frantically leafing through pages desperately trying to "earn" God's approval either.

I don't "need" signs and wonders and I dont' seek such. That would be idolatry. God just chooses to speak and do as He speaks and does, from time to time, so you better go argue with Him about it then and try telling Him what He may or may not do. Sometimes you remind me of someone else we see often on the forum..... taking disagreement personally, which results in ad hominem accusations and twisting of what is being said.

Who is Civic, I don't know him from a bar of soap. And I know nothing about ChristisGod either or what he believes. Think I have seen him a few times on other threads but dont think I have engaged with him before, and don't have a good memory.
Not taunting you, testing would be more correct, dokimazo.

Dokimazo Definition
to test, examine, prove, scrutinise (to see whether a thing is genuine or not), as metals. to recognise as genuine after examination, to approve, deem worthy.

But after this reactory post I would rather walk alone.
Shalom.
J.