The social gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For LIBERTY from sin.

The Blood of Jesus "purges our sin", and this redemption from our sin, happens as "forgiveness".

THEN, the Holy Spirit, now in the Believer, is the Deliverance.

The Cross of Christ is where God's eternal forgiveness initially meets the BELIEVER...... and Jesus who is now IN THE born again Christian, is the power to live the new life that is "The New Creation in Christ"/

"Christ always GIVES me the Victory"... over the world, the flesh, and the Devil.

Our Victory, our RIGHTEOUSNESS, is found "IN CHRIST"< where all the born again exist as a "new Creation" as "one with God".

The believer does not DO THAT.............they RECEIVE IT, as "The Gift of Salvation".

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Blood of Jesus "purges our sin", and this redemption from our sin, happens as "forgiveness".

THEN, the Holy Spirit, now in the Believer, is the Deliverance.

The Cross of Christ is where God's eternal forgiveness initially meets the BELIEVER...... and Jesus who is now IN THE born again Christian, is the power to live the new life that is "The New Creation in Christ"/

"Christ always GIVES me the Victory"... over the world, the flesh, and the Devil.

Our Victory, our RIGHTEOUSNESS, is found "IN CHRIST"< where all the born again exist as a "new Creation" as "one with God".

The believer does not DO THAT.............they RECEIVE IT, as "The Gift of Salvation".
False logic and the opposite of sound doctrine. I preach victory over sin which you deny. You only SAY you believe something when the bible says it explicitly...but then you deny it when I repeat the same words without putting in a bible reference. If more people knew the bible or the Spirit, they would correct you too. You would be exposed as a false teacher that you are.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I preach victory over sin which you deny.

You preach some calvinism, and some law. and a lot of Legalism.

You've not realized that "the body is dead because of sin" is "the outward man perishes", and so your commentaries have spiritualized this as your oddly phrased..."outer man"., and so that is your theology, discovered.

So, your "preaching", is not related to Paul's Doctrine regarding forgiveness of sin, justification by faith alone, and "reckoning the old man of sin as Dead" because it has been "Crucified with Christ".

Also...I just wrote ..

"Christ always gives ME the Victory"... .. so that is Paul's Doctrine, as i teach it, and never "deny" it.

You should try being more honest, vs just trying to agitate the real believers on the forum so that your flesh is satiated every day you are here ...hoping to do it again. @Episkopos

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its' about forgiveness of sins as well as being loosed from the dominion/bondage of sin......BOTH. The scriptures speak to both, clearly. Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us.....IF we sin we have an Advocate.....but if anyone heedlessly, hard-heartedly and without repentance keeps on wilfully sinning, and abuses God's grace, well there is no more sacrifice for that because God is not mocked. I don't see any contradiction with these things.

A believer is no longer a "sinner", for that is what we "were" scripture says, and an occasional inadvertent slip-up does not return one to the state of being a sinner.......but backsliding into a wilfully sinful lifestyle certainly may.....that is what it means to build back what one had destroyed. Sin hardens the heart and it is possible for the Holy Spirit to be grieved to the point of departing a soul. This is all what the scriptures say and it all makes sense to me.

BUT what I also see is the necessity to FINISH the good work that has been started in us, such as the admonitions in Luke 14. .Jesus is the author and the finisher of our faith.
When you only have half the truth at the least you better get the important one right. If you get that wrong the other half does not matter

Reactions: Lizbeth

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do the very opposite of what most people do. Rather than justify yourself, you take the correction of others for yourself. What humility! What faithfulness. Truly your online name (unlike so many here) is justified. :)

Peace to you, sister. <><
She blindly follows you. You should be ashamed leading a poor sister down the wrong path

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

False logic and the opposite of sound doctrine. I preach victory over sin which you deny. You only SAY you believe something when the bible says it explicitly...but then you deny it when I repeat the same words without putting in a bible reference. If more people knew the bible or the Spirit, they would correct you too. You would be exposed as a false teacher that you are.

2co 3:6[God]Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth Life.

Joh 10:10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have Life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Mt 8:21And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Mt 8:22But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its' about forgiveness of sins as well as being loosed from the dominion/bondage of sin......BOTH. The scriptures speak to both, clearly.

False. You are inventing a false gospel. Read what is fulfilled when Jesus reads the scroll on the sabbath. Do you read the Old Testament? This is from Isaiah.

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings (gospel) unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty (deror) to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Is. 61:1

Jesus reads this text that explains the message of the gospel. This same message is about having access to the kingdom of God. But I don't want you to get confused about this. Find in the text where there is a new forgiveness for sin that was never there before.

Read the text carefully.

Now read in the NT...anywhere...where the kingdom of God is about forgiveness. (being careful how you read the Greek word "aphesis" that is mistranslated by religious clerics as "forgiveness" rather than "freedom")

Read the text carefully.

Read if any of the disciples were ever forgiven...as if Jesus came to make people feel good in their sins.

Now read where Jesus came to CONDEMN sin in the flesh...not forgive it.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now tell yourself that Jesus came to cover up sins in the flesh. Convince yourself that the gospel is about forgiveness and cover-ups. Go ahead.

The truth is that Jesus came to empower His people to FULFILL the law by grace through faith. Not to justify sinners who had no faith in Him to do just that through them.
Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us.....IF we sin we have an Advocate

IF we sin...not when we sin. Jesus is not a minister of sin, defending sin. When a person falls from grace like Adam did...he/she returns to a walk in the power of the flesh. Advocacy is needed to restore such a one back into the holy walk. There is no guaranteed forgiveness for present or future sins. This is about going to bat for saints who have fallen out of the Spirit...and giving them another chance to walk in the kingdom realm. Habitual sins are NOT covered by grace. In fact habitual sins keep people from grace.

So you, and others here, have it backward. The Blood of Christ CLEANSES from sin...not covers it up.
.....but if anyone heedlessly, hard-heartedly and without repentance keeps on wilfully sinning, and abuses God's grace, well there is no more sacrifice for that because God is not mocked. I don't see any contradiction with these things.

Willfill sin includes claiming things that aren't true. Like claiming a sinful holiness. Damnable heresy that that is.
A believer is no longer a "sinner", for that is what we "were" scripture says, and an occasional inadvertent slip-up does not return one to the state of being a sinner.......but backsliding into a wilfully sinful lifestyle certainly may.....that is what it means to build back what one had destroyed. Sin hardens the heart and it is possible for the Holy Spirit to be grieved to the point of departing a soul. This is all what the scriptures say and it all makes sense to me.

BUT what I also see is the necessity to FINISH the good work that has been started in us, such as the admonitions in Luke 14. .Jesus is the author and the finisher of our faith.
Jesus is the Author and Finisher of faith (the "our" was added in by imaginative translators)

The point you are missing is that forgiveness is not a new thing. Read the bible. Do a study on God's mercy, His forgiveness. Look at how Jesus forgave people including the Romans who crucified Him. To think for one second that the cross is about forgiveness is a perversion of the cross being about HOLINESS...instantaneous victory over sin...which you deny in favour of self-interested forgiveness and the continuation of sinfulness.

Always improving... always learning... but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Carnal and dogmatic believers want the cross to be about forgiveness of sins. Why? Because they are still dead in their sins and want there to be a way out of their constant sinning. Do they believe in God's power through grace? NO. They believe their flesh is stronger than God's grace and that they will sin everyday of their lives....which they proceed to do.

A spiritual brother in Christ KNOWS the cross is about holiness by having experienced the power of Christ's life over sin. That is something that no religious dogmatic ideologue can understand...hence their insistence on a scheme that covers up their obvious lack of holiness.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wrote a post then deleted it. Just saying incase you saw it before I deleted it. I still don’t understand the strutting around like a peacock. It sure does make it hard because I wonder where it’s coming from. Like are you puffed up and high on yourself like others say, or are you a big jokester whose true intent is to spur people into considering what they religiously hold to for their own benefit?

I behave like a fool to get people to think. I have tried so many approaches. And the hardness of people's hearts is such that I have to almost caricature the truth to debunk their own caricature of who they think God is...and what He is like.
Actually I’m not that offended by your comment about the cross and forgiveness.

That means you are a truth seeker. :)
I don’t know how to put it into words but I hear people ask why did Jesus have to die? My answer has become to show the way.

Exactly. You have a very good motivation.
The way of moving from darkness into Light. He was crucified to put off that old man but that He taught of movement from Pharisees and religious leaders way of thinking (mans way of ruling even out in the world where the rich consumes the poor) …His revealing a path to …teaching, being an example of the way to the Father in putting on compassionate bowels of mercy where all the attributes are given of new ways of dealing out unto others. Maybe that doesn’t make sense.

It does make sense. Rare on these discussions.
But I wouldn’t say He died so much to forgive me but more to “show” me to “reveal” a way by being The example (to follow) of that way. I say that because He showed a way never seen before, foreign and if anything a way this world says will lead straight to death, being the wrong way according to the world because it goes against all held dear of this world. So much so, that way He showed is mocked as …fictitious dreaming.
The truth is not easily understood or absorbed.
i think of Adam and Eve in the garden when they sinned and hid themselves in the darkness. God already desired mercy and not sacrifice for them to step out of the darkness into the light …it was them who choose not to believing another voice instead that God is not good. Jesus model the way of, step out of the darkness into the Light. I might get shot

It takes faith in the character of God...like David who would rather face God than men.
…I don’t agree with all of your post but I do think …if others ask me “why did Jesus have to die?” I don’t think my first answer is “forgiveness” but instead, To me…because He is was teaching, showing, modeling the better way which is an active “Living” walk He showed…not a one time word “forgiven” and nothing is taught. Even…if you be taught of God that you ought to love one another.

Amen. Only very evil men desire amnesty...like the criminals who look for special deals from a prosecutor.
I just asked my husband to. “What do you think the cross is about?” Forgiveness or a way?
He said, “it is about a passage”.
Hmm. The bible teaches that the cross is about liberation from sin...so then a passage...a transformation is right! :)

Peace and blessings! <><

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
False. You are inventing a false gospel. Read what is fulfilled when Jesus reads the scroll on the sabbath. Do you read the Old Testament? This is from Isaiah.

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings (gospel) unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty (deror) to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Is. 61:1

Jesus reads this text that explains the message of the gospel. This same message is about having access to the kingdom of God. But I don't want you to get confused about this. Find in the text where there is a new forgiveness for sin that was never there before.

Read the text carefully.

Now read in the NT...anywhere...where the kingdom of God is about forgiveness. (being careful how you read the Greek word "aphesis" that is mistranslated by religious clerics as "forgiveness" rather than "freedom")

Read the text carefully.

Read if any of the disciples were ever forgiven...as if Jesus came to make people feel good in their sins.

Now read where Jesus came to CONDEMN sin in the flesh...not forgive it.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now tell yourself that Jesus came to cover up sins in the flesh. Convince yourself that the gospel is about forgiveness and cover-ups. Go ahead.

The truth is that Jesus came to empower His people to FULFILL the law by grace through faith. Not to justify sinners who had no faith in Him to do just that through them.

IF we sin...not when we sin. Jesus is not a minister of sin, defending sin. When a person falls from grace like Adam did...he/she returns to a walk in the power of the flesh. Advocacy is needed to restore such a one back into the holy walk. There is no guaranteed forgiveness for present or future sins. This is about going to bat for saints who have fallen out of the Spirit...and giving them another chance to walk in the kingdom realm. Habitual sins are NOT covered by grace. In fact habitual sins keep people from grace.

So you, and others here, have it backward. The Blood of Christ CLEANSES from sin...not covers it up.

Willfill sin includes claiming things that aren't true. Like claiming a sinful holiness. Damnable heresy that that is.

Jesus is the Author and Finisher of faith (the "our" was added in by imaginative translators)

The point you are missing is that forgiveness is not a new thing. Read the bible. Do a study on God's mercy, His forgiveness. Look at how Jesus forgave people including the Romans who crucified Him. To think for one second that the cross is about forgiveness is a perversion of the cross being about HOLINESS...instantaneous victory over sin...which you deny in favour of self-interested forgiveness and the continuation of sinfulness.

Always improving... always learning... but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.
Is Isaiah 61:1 the only verse that explains the gospel? No indeed. There are many other passage that bring in different aspects. And people have been posting some that you are ignoring.

Israel was in bondage with her "mother", the Jerusalem that is below, likened to Hagar, if you are familiar with that passage. They were under the Law....in bondage to the Law, and the curse of it. As another verse uses the analogy of a wife being married to the Law, bound to the law of her husband, but through death, she becomes loosed from that law to be married to another.

Here's how I understand new vs old covenant: Under the Law their sins were only 'covered' in the sense of being forgiven year by year, and only to the extent that they would reap temporal blessings if they kept the Law (and temporal curses if they didn't).....but it did not result in spiritual blessings and eternal/spiritual life. It was a Law according to the letter, not according to the Spirit. Under the new covenant our sins are forgiven in a more thorough way (if that's the right way to put it) that is once and for all, and gives us spiritual blessings rather than temporal.....including eternal life. Jesus going around healing all who were sick and had diseases and casting out demons from those who were oppressed of the devil....was a demonstration of forgiveness ....loosing those who came to Him from the consequences (curses) of Israel backsliding and not keeping the Law. "That you may know the son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins....." ....the faith of the paralytic and his friends. New covenant forgiveness doesn't just temporarily "cover" sin, but takes it away once and for all. We have been loosed, set free, set at liberty from the curse/condemnation of the Law.

Reactions: Johann

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Carnal and dogmatic believers want the cross to be about forgiveness of sins. Why? Because they are still dead in their sins and want there to be a way out of their constant sinning. Do they believe in God's power through grace? NO. They believe their flesh is stronger than God's grace and that they will sin everyday of their lives....which they proceed to do.

A spiritual brother in Christ KNOWS the cross is about holiness by having experienced the power of Christ's life over sin. That is something that no religious dogmatic ideologue can understand...hence their insistence on a scheme that covers up their obvious lack of holiness.
So born again believers who know the Lord, have His Spirit, and paying the price to follow and obey Him and have been lifted out of our former life of sin.......are still dead in our sins? Are YOU a sinner and dead in your sins and leading a life of sin then? Is that how you think of yourself?

Reactions: Johann

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is Isaiah 61:1 the only verse that explains the gospel? No indeed. There are many other passage that bring in different aspects. And people have been posting some that you are ignoring.

Israel was in bondage with her "mother", the Jerusalem that is below, likened to Hagar, if you are familiar with that passage. They were under the Law....in bondage to the Law, and the curse of it. As another verse uses the analogy of a wife being married to the Law, bound to the law of her husband, but through death, she becomes loosed from that law to be married to another.

A carnal understanding of freedom
from the law is that one can break the law without consequence...basically an amnesty to commit crimes without penalty. That evil is spread with the modern gospel.

A spiritual understanding of freedom from the law is receiving a power that is greater than what the law condemns. It is the power to conform to the law. That power is grace.
Here's how I understand new vs old covenant: Under the Law their sins were only 'covered' in the sense of being forgiven year by year, and only to the extent that they would reap temporal blessings if they kept the Law (and temporal curses if they didn't).....but it did not result in spiritual blessings and eternal/spiritual life. It was a Law according to the letter, not according to the Spirit. Under the new covenant our sins are forgiven in a more thorough way (if that's the right way to put it) that is once and for all, and gives us spiritual blessings rather than temporal.....including eternal life. Jesus going around healing all who were sick and had diseases and casting out demons from those who were oppressed of the devil....was a demonstration of forgiveness ....loosing those who came to Him from the consequences (curses) of Israel backsliding and not keeping the Law. "That you may know the son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins....." ....the faith of the paralytic and his friends. New covenant forgiveness doesn't just temporarily "cover" sin, but takes it away once and for all. We have been loosed, set free, set at liberty from the curse/condemnation of the Law.
Forgiveness is an OT standard. Jesus used that standard on the paralytic, the Romans etc. The New Covenant is based on power from heaven whereby there is no need for constant forgiveness.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So born again believers who know the Lord, have His Spirit, and paying the price to follow and obey Him and have been lifted out of our former life of sin.......are still dead in our sins?
As I have stated so many times...those who are not in the higher walk of victory over sin and are serious in their seeking of God for His life...are in a transition phase (Wilderness) whereby we rely on God's forgiveness and mercy...as God has always had for those who seek Him.

God is merciful by nature...not wrathful. Those who justify themselves with a decoy gospel don't know the Lord. So what does it matter if one is "paying the price" in their own estimation. It's what God thinks that counts.

Are YOU a sinner and dead in your sins and leading a life of sin then? Is that how you think of yourself?
No. I'm a chasid... a devout follower...who fears the Lord and speaks the truth...and seeks to help and correct those who are lost and have strayed from the path that leads to life.

Read what it says in Malachi about the "book of Remembrance" in chapter 3. Twice it says that God's precious jewels fear Him. What you won't see among those who rail and rant against the truth I bear witness to...is even an inkling of fear of God. Too smug, self-assured, self-justified and self-interested. The very opposite of righteousness. But these are convinced that God hates righteousness in favour of a pretend righteousness based on religious beliefs.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What dishonesty. I am uplifting Christ and His suffering and you are the one mocking...you and others here. God is holy...and a vile people rebel against that holiness. All they want is forgiveness for a continual sinning...thus mocking Christ and His cross.

I uphold grace even as others stomp on it to do as they wish.

All the lies against me will turn on those who are anti-holy. What is anti-Christ but anti-holy?

Again...open a bible and look for Jesus forgiving His disciples. Any honest people out there?

I am a disciple of Christ. But I am hated because of that.
Huh!...I never said I want forgiveness for continual sin?

Where have I said that?

I was set free from sin the moment I became Born Of God’s seed?

A Born Again does not sin because they have been Born Of God’s seed?

My question is why do those who keep repenting Of their sin, not know that it has already been forgiven and it’s on Jesus, that’s my question?

When their spirit became Born Of God’s seed?

Born Of The Spirit....that is the divine visitation/ revelation...you can’t read that into being, that can only come from God’s witness His Living Holy Spirit....the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children/ Born Again.

I never looked to the cross and asked for forgiveness..like one on here said they did, ..that doesn’t even make sense to me.
God brought me to repentance/ Godly sorrow....how on earth would I know how to do that as a sinner that I once was?
I’m asking the Lord to help me figure this out and he will...I walk in faith and trust him to bring me to his truth...

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the court of the heavenly law. All have sinned and fall short of the glory. No one has kept the law. Which was to prove to us our sin debt and to show us how to be reconciled to God (blood had to be shed)
… “which was to prove our sin debt”’
To me that is not the point. But instead how none of us are any better than those we judge. To bring all things down that are lifted up. To me there’s a difference in “to prove sin debt” or for our good “to prove sin debt” in bringing all things in high places down unto the subjection of the obedience of Christ. Not “sin debt” needing to be paid against God for He needs our payment. (For His profit) but instead “sin debt” to bring our high mindedness down in subjection to what is good and right for our benefit (our profit)

how can we be restored. While still under the penalty of sin

look at it this way, Each sin comes attached with a death penalty. How many sins has each of us commited in our lifetime. Now imagine each of those sins holds a death penalty.

And God is just going to forgive us, But not others?
yet, the biggest secret no one wants to admit (or talk about but talk around it) is we say He forgives us, but not others. All the time. It’s at the heart of how many excuses can we come up with for why some are chosen and some not? Well… there are tons. Most start with something we did …I mean what else are we saying when we say it’s because we accepted it? And others haven’t? First I have to want it or take it or accept it. but see…we tell ourselves that’s different from “And God is just going to forgive us, But not others?”
Yet God killed an animal (the first death in all human history. Imagine the Hoover on adam and eves face when God slaughtered the innocent animal. To cloth them, so he could send them out into the light.
God kills the first animal and covers man with a dead animal….God covers man with something dead. I’m sure they were more surprised God covered them with the dead animal, than they were for the dead animal.

Again, Then how is the penalty of sin paid.

If a Judge gives you a sentence of death, because your guilty and the law demands that penalty.

then that penalty is sure and must be made to pay for the crime you commited.

if not. The judge himself is not following the law. And he is not a righteous judge (which is why human courts are so flawed and why people get away with stuff all the time)

Forgiven. Delivered from?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I mean there are some on this thread who think/ believe they still sin....a Born Again doesn’t sin because they have been Born Of God’s seed?

Then they start trying to heap shame on us, so they obviously aren’t understanding , therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ.....

The slate has been wiped clean , free from sin, the moment we were Born Of God’s seed?

We are then in the righteousness of Christ...right before God....being Born Of God’s seed, is by divine visitation/ heart / spirit revelation....you can’t read that into being....it’s a divine encounter....which I’ve explained countless times...our spirit is Born Again...not our intellect!

What’s with all this wanting to be Born Again?...it’s not biblical....accepting to be Born Again again it’s not biblical.

Last edited:

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have stated so many times...those who are not in the higher walk of victory over sin and are serious in their seeking of God for His life...are in a transition phase (Wilderness) whereby we rely on God's forgiveness and mercy...as God has always had for those who seek Him.

It could also be that they have one of the 7 churches of Revelation in them. Those who aren't striving against sin or separating from the world.

I was set free from sin the moment I became Born Of God’s seed?

A Born Again does not sin because they have been Born Of God’s seed?

My question is why do those who keep repenting Of their sin, not know that it has already been forgiven and it’s on Jesus, that’s my question?

When their spirit became Born Of God’s seed?

According to 1 John 1:8 we still have sin. Through the flesh that is.

You are born again of the spirit, yes. But there's a battle. A war between the flesh and the spirit. This is something that must be understood.

Then they start trying to heap shame on us, so they obviously aren’t understanding , therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ.....

The slate has been wiped clean , free from sin, the moment we were Born Of God’s seed?

KJV translation of that passage says no more condemnation for those who walk after the spirit.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It could also be that they have one of the 7 churches of Revelation in them. Those who aren't striving against sin or separating from the world.

According to 1 John 1:8 we still have sin. Through the flesh that is.

You are born again of the spirit, yes. But there's a battle. A war between the flesh and the spirit.
We’re not in the flesh were in the Spirit.

We get to be Born Again by DIVINE VISITATION/ HEART / SPIRIT REVELATION.....you don’t “ choose” to be BORN OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD....

Who “ BIRTHED “ our spirit?

Romans 8:9-11​

King James Version​

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
This is something that must be understood.

What is the Spirit Of God?

Our spirit was Born Again by Gods Spirit, so what else did we receive when our spirit became Born Again....what else is God?
I’ve even given you the answer.
1 John 3
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Children of God
1Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. 2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears,a we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. 3And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as Christ is pure.b
4Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.c 5But you know that Christ appeared to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.
7Little children,d let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous.e 8The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil.
9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

KJV translation of that passage says no more condemnation for those who walk after the spirit.
And how do you think we get to walk after the Spirit?

By being “ Born Of The Spirit....?....

Do you think walking after the Spirit comes through Bible reading...or through being Born Of Gods Spirit?

How would you even know that you are walking after the Spirit...or even in the Spirit Of God?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Which means what?

What you need to consider @Episkopos

The Hebrew word "דרור" (deror), meaning "freedom" or "liberty," derives from the root "דרר" (D-R-R). According to HALOT (Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament), the root "דרר" (darar) carries the connotation of flowing or moving freely, which metaphorically extends to signify liberty and release from captivity or bondage.

Key Points from HALOT:
Root Definition: The root "דרר" (D-R-R) is associated with the concept of free movement or flow.
Usage: "דרור" (deror) is specifically used in the context of liberty and emancipation, as seen in Leviticus 25:10, where it is proclaimed during the Jubilee year.
Contextual Implications: The term is used to describe a state of freedom, not only in a physical sense but also in a socio-economic and spiritual sense, highlighting the restoration and return to a rightful state.
For a more detailed analysis, you can refer to HALOT directly within Accordance Bible Software, where you can examine the various occurrences and contexts in which "דרור" (deror) and its root "דרר" (D-R-R) appear in the Hebrew Bible. This will provide deeper insights into the nuances and implications of the term as used in ancient texts.

I don't have a Accordance Bible Software

The Hebrew word for "forgiveness" in HALOT (Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament) can be understood through different terms, each with its own nuance and context:

סְלִיחָה (selicha): This term generally translates to "forgiveness" or "pardon." It is often used in religious contexts, particularly in prayers asking for God's forgiveness. For instance, "selicha" is prominently featured in the liturgy of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.

כַּפָּרָה (kapparah): This word means "atonement" or "expiation" and is related to the concept of forgiveness in the sense of making amends or covering over sins. The root כ-פ-ר (K-P-R) involves the idea of covering or purging sins. It is frequently used in the context of sacrificial rituals in the Hebrew Bible, where the blood of sacrifices is said to atone for sins.

נָשָׂא (nasa): The root נ-ש-א (N-S-A) means "to lift," "to carry," or "to bear." In the context of forgiveness, it implies bearing or removing the guilt of sin. This term is used in several biblical passages to describe God's forgiveness, such as in Exodus 34:7, where God is described as "forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin."

To get a comprehensive understanding of these terms, it is helpful to look up each word in HALOT, which will provide detailed definitions, contexts, and related usages. This will illustrate how these concepts of forgiveness are interwoven throughout the Hebrew Bible, reflecting both the religious practices and the theological understandings of ancient Israel.

Again-I don't have a Accordance bible software but maybe you have the finances to purchase one and this should help you to rightly divide the Scriptures.

I see deror and forgiveness of sins by the Cross as synonymous and no need to split hairs on word studies but look at the overall context.

Last edited: