The social gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus wasn't talking to Romans., as the Romans were only doing the will of the Religious Jews.
false. The Romans were obeying the Prefect...Pontius Pilate. Jesus told him...the sin of those who delivered Me to you is greater.

Did Jesus forgive the Pharisees? No. Their sin remains.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
false. The Romans were obeying the Prefect...Pontius Pilate.

It was the Religious Jews who took Jesus after Midnight and put Him on Trial..
They are the ones who goaded Pilate into THEIR demands that Jesus be """"Crucified.:""""

Pilate found no reason to Crucify Him, and would have just had The Lord whipped and released but the screaming religious Christ Hating JEWS, demand His DEATH. = "Crucify HIM">..!

And Pilate recused Himself from this responsibility, by "washing his hands" of it, and put the blame on THEM.

Read a BIBLE, fella.
Try a NT.
Learn some Scriptures.....for once.... @Episkopos

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A serious question I have for admin. @Angelina ?

Should a member be allowed to mock the death and suffering of Christ on that cross...saying the cross isn’t about forgiveness, remember there are new believers here plus guests who view these threads.

What has been taught is false! and it’s dangerous teaching...

I pray God intervenes and stops this teaching ....that mocks the blood of Christ...in Jesus Name...Amen!!

Reactions: Behold

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A serious question I have for admin. @Angelina ?

Should a member be allowed to mock the death and suffering of Christ on that cross...saying the cross isn’t about forgiveness, remember there are new believers here plus guests who view these threads.

What has been taught is false! and it’s dangerous teaching...

I pray God intervenes and stops this teaching ....that mocks the blood of Christ...in Jesus Name...Amen!!
What dishonesty. I am uplifting Christ and His suffering and you are the one mocking...you and others here. God is holy...and a vile people rebel against that holiness. All they want is forgiveness for a continual sinning...thus mocking Christ and His cross.

I uphold grace even as others stomp on it to do as they wish.

All the lies against me will turn on those who are anti-holy. What is anti-Christ but anti-holy?

Again...open a bible and look for Jesus forgiving His disciples. Any honest people out there?

I am a disciple of Christ. But I am hated because of that.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The state of the modern church is on full display when preaching holiness is seen as blasphemy.

No shame. no fear of God, no humility, no faithfulness, no faith.
Your teaching holiness without redemption. That’s a false gospel

We preach holiness with redemption. I would suggest you back off your false accusations

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What dishonesty. I am uplifting Christ and His suffering and you are the one mocking...you and others here. God is holy...and a vile people rebel against that holiness. All they want is forgiveness for a continual sinning...thus mocking Christ and His cross.
How can you uplift Christ when you mock and reject what he came to do?
I uphold grace even as others stomp on it to do as they wish.
You teach works not grace
All the lies against me will turn on those who are anti-holy. What is anti-Christ but anti-holy?
Actually your truth is being exposed. No one is luring to or about you
Again...open a bible and look for Jesus forgiving His disciples. Any honest people out there?

I am a disciple of Christ. But I am hated because of that.
Honest people are seeing the truth about you

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your teaching holiness without redemption. That’s a false gospel

Backward. You teach redemption without holiness. You teach unholy forgiveness. A forgiveness without holiness. Because you are unholy and HATE holiness, you want to attack holiness and champion getting away with a continued sinfulness. Lawlessness is your game. Look what Jesus says to those who claim Him as Lord in their lawlessness.
We preach holiness with redemption.

No you don't. That's a lie. You don't believe in holiness. You push sanctification into the future. By ignoring holiness and not taking the gospel seriously. AND slandering God's character.
I would suggest you back off your false accusations
I am speaking the truth. You should stop lying, open the bible and read it. Stop with your false accusations and outright lies. Because you think you are forgiven your lies and continue to go against holiness...you think it's OK to slander and lie. That is the result of your indoctrination that caters to the sin nature and molly-coddles your flesh. And you love that kind of rebellion...it's ingrained.

It's better to repent and humble yourself and seek for real grace at the throne of grace that imparts true holiness...that we may partake of His holiness...NOW. Not some future afterlife time. Not some pie in the sky future holiness by osmosis...that will never happen.

Seek the Lord and live. Not...read the bible and justify yourself and forgive yourself and attack preachers of holiness. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who wants to go on the record to say that without the cross God hated us...never forgave us and had wrathful intent for us? Who wants to state that Jesus had to die to make His Father love us and forgive us?

Who is honest with following through with their religious scheme that insults God?
Rom 9:21-24

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A dogmatic, carnal, religionist wants his/her flesh catered to...they want forgiveness for sins they plan on continuing in. These are LAWLESS...no matter how many verses of the bible they twist to defend their scheme.

The gospel is about grace that overcomes sin...it's about partaking of the divine nature in HOLINESS. That is our victory over sin.

People want forgiveness WITHOUT holiness. But that is rejected by God. That is lawlessness. Jesus will reject the lawless.

If we are not empowered by grace to "sin no more" then Jesus is backing up the flesh of some but not of others.

The wages of sin is ALWAYS death. There is no favouritism in a law. Only the lawless see themselves as not being responsible in the face of the law.

And because many here are unable to be honest...these have not followed the step by step understanding of the truth..instead just hurling insults...like any carnal and unholy person would. A tree is known of its fruit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Backward. You teach redemption without holiness. You teach unholy forgiveness. A forgiveness without holiness. Because you are unholy and HATE holiness, you want to attack holiness and champion getting away with a continued sinfulness. Lawlessness is your game. Look what Jesus says to those who claim Him as Lord in their lawlessness.
lol. Just like a pharisee

I teach holiness based on forgivenss. Not holiness apart
From forgiveness like you
No you don't. That's a lie. You don't believe in holiness. You push sanctification into the future. By ignoring holiness and not taking the gospel seriously. AND slandering God's character.
Now you’re falsely accusing. But that’s ok. God will deal with liars
I am speaking the truth. You should stop lying, open the bible and read it. Stop with your false accusations and outright lies. Because you think you are forgiven your lies and continue to go against holiness...you think it's OK to slander and lie. That is the result of your indoctrination that caters to the sin nature and molly-coddles your flesh. And you love that kind of rebellion...it's ingrained.
There is very little truth in you that’s what makes you so dangerous. Like religious Jews you have parts of truth mixed with lie. So most people see the truth and think you ok
It's better to repent and humble yourself and seek for real grace at the throne of grace that imparts true holiness...that we may partake of His holiness...NOW. Not some future afterlife time. Not some pie in the sky future holiness by osmosis...that will never happen.
So when will you repent

I went to the cross in humility not thinking I am holy or worthy. That’s your gospel
Seek the Lord and live. Not...read the bible and justify yourself and forgive yourself and attack preachers of holiness. :rolleyes:
I found the lord 40 years ago

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who wants to engage my post #686 ? Who cares for the meaning of words? :dusted:
In post 696 above, we were challenged to engage post 686--so I copied/pasted 686 to my sticky notes to study again, because I love the meaning of words, and was excited when he used the word homework, but knowing I would be like a deer in the headlights if asked to enter-in discussing anything but the Shemitah--since reading The Mystery of the Shemitah [Johnathan Cahn], years ago, I stayed up last night doing a 'simple study' again; so I would be able to explain what I think I understand. Especially:
Why, in Romans 7 does Paul say...sin revived and I died?
Since he told me years ago that I was 'half-baked', I've come to understand what he meant and so very much more, especially now regarding The Social Gospel. More times than not, I take what correction/warning he bestows on others as to myself FWIW this simple sister finds no faults in his teaching and fulfillment of his calling...

Philippians 1:3-11

King James Version

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.
11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I re-post this..

The cross is not about forgiveness..it is about freedom from the bondage of sin, so that God doesn't have to keep forgiving us.

The Hebrew word for a release from debt is not the same word as for freedom. No, the release from debt is Shemitah. This is the sabbatical year where debt is forgiven. In Israel today that word means bankruptcy.

So when people think of being released from a debt, that is shemitah.

The word used to describe freedom (liberty) is not the same word. That word is "Deror" and is used to convey freedom from bondage...setting people free from jail. This is the word used by Jesus to proclaim the gospel. It is DEROR....not shemitah.

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty (Deror) to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Is. 61:1

We know what a word means as it is used over many verses that give us a more accurate understanding.

Let's see how that word "deror" is used elsewhere.

Therefore thus saith the Lord; Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming liberty (deror), every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbour: behold, I proclaim a liberty (deror) for you, saith the Lord, to the sword, to the pestilence, and to the famine; and I will make you to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth. Jer. 34: 17

Now see how God sees liberty (deror)...God can set us free or He can proclaim a freedom of evil to do bad things to us.

How can anyone mistake the word liberty for forgiveness? God is using liberty as a vengeance. Does that sound like forgiveness to you?

And who confuses the "statue of Liberty" with a "statue of forgiveness"?

One must note the evil displayed in justifying sinful flesh.

Being bankrupt in the faith means a constant need for forgiveness. A person who is forgiven, who is not set free to walk in victory by grace through faith....becomes a transgressor.

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Gal. 2:18

How many times will we go bankrupt?

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Gal. 2:17-18
Its' about forgiveness of sins as well as being loosed from the dominion/bondage of sin......BOTH. The scriptures speak to both, clearly. Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us.....IF we sin we have an Advocate.....but if anyone heedlessly, hard-heartedly and without repentance keeps on wilfully sinning, and abuses God's grace, well there is no more sacrifice for that because God is not mocked. I don't see any contradiction with these things.

A believer is no longer a "sinner", for that is what we "were" scripture says, and an occasional inadvertent slip-up does not return one to the state of being a sinner.......but backsliding into a wilfully sinful lifestyle certainly may.....that is what it means to build back what one had destroyed. Sin hardens the heart and it is possible for the Holy Spirit to be grieved to the point of departing a soul. This is all what the scriptures say and it all makes sense to me.

BUT what I also see is the necessity to FINISH the good work that has been started in us, such as the admonitions in Luke 14. .Jesus is the author and the finisher of our faith.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What dishonesty. I am uplifting Christ

You are denying the Cross, and insulting the Grace of God, when you keep teaching that "The Cross is not about forgiveness". @Episkopos
-

English Standard Version
for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the FORGIVENESS of sins.

Berean Standard Bible
This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Berean Literal Bible
For this is My blood of the covenant, being poured out for many, for forgiveness of sins.

New American Standard Bible
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for FORGIVENESS of sins.

NASB 1995
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for FORGIVENESS of sins.

NASB 1977
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Legacy Standard Bible
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for FORGIVENESS of sins.

Christian Standard Bible
For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In post 696 above, we were challenged to engage post 686--so I copied/pasted 686 to my sticky notes to study again, because I love the meaning of words, and was excited when he used the word homework, but knowing I would be like a deer in the headlights if asked to enter-in discussing anything but the Shemitah--since reading The Mystery of the Shemitah [Johnathan Cahn], years ago, I stayed up last night doing a 'simple study' again; so I would be able to explain what I think I understand. Especially:

Since he told me years ago that I was 'half-baked', I've come to understand what he meant and so very much more, especially now regarding The Social Gospel. More times than not, I take what correction/warning he bestows on others as to myself FWIW this simple sister finds no faults in his teaching and fulfillment of his calling...

Philippians 1:3-11​

King James Version​

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.
11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
You do the very opposite of what most people do. Rather than justify yourself, you take the correction of others for yourself. What humility! What faithfulness. Truly your online name (unlike so many here) is justified. :)

Peace to you, sister. <><

Reactions: Laurina

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are denying the Cross, and insulting the Grace of God, when you keep teaching that "The Cross is not about forgiveness". @Episkopos
-

English Standard Version
for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the FORGIVENESS of sins.

Berean Standard Bible
This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Berean Literal Bible
For this is My blood of the covenant, being poured out for many, for forgiveness of sins.

New American Standard Bible
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for FORGIVENESS of sins.

NASB 1995

NASB 1977
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Legacy Standard Bible

Christian Standard Bible
For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
For LIBERTY from sin. The gospel is about victory over sin. Grace is the power to NOT sin by walking in holiness. Jesus came to set the captives FREE..not molly-coddle the flesh as you exemplify. You are a result of a spoiled false gospel of lawlessness that assumes that God is a respecter of persons...namely yourself. And you are not alone in this delusion. Others, by their own self-interest, also think I'm out to lunch.