The social gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I re-post this..

The cross is not about forgiveness..it is about freedom from the bondage of sin, so that God doesn't have to keep forgiving us.

The Hebrew word for a release from debt is not the same word as for freedom. No, the release from debt is Shemitah. This is the sabbatical year where debt is forgiven. In Israel today that word means bankruptcy.

So when people think of being released from a debt, that is shemitah.

The word used to describe freedom (liberty) is not the same word. That word is "Deror" and is used to convey freedom from bondage...setting people free from jail. This is the word used by Jesus to proclaim the gospel. It is DEROR....not shemitah.

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty (Deror) to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Is. 61:1

We know what a word means as it is used over many verses that give us a more accurate understanding.

Let's see how that word "deror" is used elsewhere.

Therefore thus saith the Lord; Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming liberty (deror), every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbour: behold, I proclaim a liberty (deror) for you, saith the Lord, to the sword, to the pestilence, and to the famine; and I will make you to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth. Jer. 34: 17

Now see how God sees liberty (deror)...God can set us free or He can proclaim a freedom of evil to do bad things to us.

How can anyone mistake the word liberty for forgiveness? God is using liberty as a vengeance. Does that sound like forgiveness to you?

And who confuses the "statue of Liberty" with a "statue of forgiveness"?

One must note the evil displayed in justifying sinful flesh.

Being bankrupt in the faith means a constant need for forgiveness. A person who is forgiven, who is not set free to walk in victory by grace through faith....becomes a transgressor.

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Gal. 2:18

How many times will we go bankrupt?

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Gal. 2:17-18

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who wants to go on the record to say that without the cross God hated us...never forgave us and had wrathful intent for us? Who wants to state that Jesus had to die to make His Father love us and forgive us?

Who is honest with following through with their religious scheme that insults God?
God demanded a penalty for sin

Gods love found a way. The cross.

I will go
On the record to say if God did not die for us. He hated us. But then again he could have if he wanted. He did not have to come and die. But his death proved how much he loved us

Why do you mock his death so much then claim holiness.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the self proclaimed calvinist <> law keeper... @Episkopos .

As for me, im born again, and that is because God has justified me, based on the Cross of Christ.. through my Faith in Jesus.

My sins are forgiven, and the Blood of Jesus is the forgiveness.......God gave me, when i gave God my faith in Christ.

This is why i have been given "the Gift of Righteousness" and "the Gift of Eternal life".
He is not a Calvinist. To be honest I am not sure what he follows. No church that I know of espouses his belief

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He is not a Calvinist. To be honest I am not sure what he follows. No church that I know of espouses his belief

Ask Him if God chooses some Christians to believe., as that is what He believes., when i talked to him about it.
Maybe he has "morphed" into whatever he is into next...

His "Walking in Zion", is Mormon Teaching, and his "outer man" is a rewrite of ... "our outward man", ..

So he changes the "body is dead because of sin".. (outward man perishes )...... and our "inward man is renewed"......He changed all that into "the outer man has to be sanctified"..

What commentary or book or online site taught Him that crazy NT denying theology........He'll never admit.
Ive asked Him to tell us who is your commentary set, teacher.
He'll just stay really quiet or accuse Paul.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've found that these surges of growth do in fact seem to be followed by ups and downs of intense slogging. I remain encouraged though knowing that this is real healing.

I've known sublimation in the past, I've known temporary releases, but this is I believe the real deal, real healing, which encourages me to just keep my hand to the plow, wait, and wait, and keep waiting, as my change oh so slowly comes, in between those surges.

I too am very greatful for internet sources, I've learned to much!

I've accepted that without this sometimes horrific interventions in my life, I'd not have come to know Him. He had to near destroy me so I'd look to Him. He wounds, and He binds up. Because He loves me.

I first learned about this ministering in an Alheimer's ward at a local assisted living home. The Christians in there, they wouldn't know where they were, or why they were there, but they remembered "Old Rugged Cross", every word, and their eyes would light up, and they would quote with me as I quoted Scripture, and I could see, the mind can be nearly gone, the spirit lives in Christ.

A.W. Tozer, Andrew Murray, these were a couple who helped me focus in more. Leo Tolstoy, "Walk in the Light while there is Light", It's a short story fiction, but it moves me deeply whenever I read it, knowing the time is short. I don't want to spoil the story if you haven't read it.

Much love!
I have found this person useful:

She is a only a coach from an alcoholic family but she is very practical and down to earth.

*moved to another thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask Him if God choose Christians to believe., as that is what He believes., when i talked to him about it.
Maybe he has "morphed" into whatever he is into next...

His "Walking in Zion", is Mormon Teaching, and his "outer man" is a rewrite of ... "our outward man", ..

So he changes the "body is dead because of sin".. (outward man perishes )...... and our "inward man is renewed"......He changed that into "the outer man has to be sanctified"..

What commentary or book or online site taught Him that stuff........He'll never admit.
He is not Calvinist. He may hold some views but he would reject Calvinism in fact he has

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Backwards. You can't have holiness while in the POWER of sin. Sin always separates us from God. So grace is given to us to stop sinning.

God doesn't change the nature of sin for certain people. Sin is sin. Grace is God's power over sin given to those who believe.

The power of sin is defeated at the cross...not the penalty. Is the cross an instrument of mercy or death?

Jesus didn't die to cover up our sin but to kill it on his cross. Those who die with Him are raised to new life in holiness.

The rest of your tirade I deleted as you condemn yourself with it.
Hi Epi....so Jesus didn’t take our sin onto his own body?

He had to die and be resurrected, so that we can be Born Again of His Spirit?

Our sins must be forgiven before we can become Born Of Jesus Spirit, a Born Again should/ will know this as soon as they have become Born Again, you must know Epi, if our spirit is Born Again, then it must be set free from sin/ forgiven.

The Holy Spirit can not indwell a sinner, to become right/ reconciled to God, only he can forgive our sins., when he draws us to repentance etc, etc,....it’s a divine visitation/ divine revelation becoming Born Again, you don’t need to read any bible to become Born Again.

But, we must have our sins forgiven.....100% my opinion/ testimony/ belief.

A Born Again knows they have been Born Of God’s seed......” In Their Spirit “?.

A Born Again doesn’t sin either, because they have been Born Of God’s seed...Gods seed can’t indwell a sinner....

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The cross is not about forgiveness..it is about freedom from the bondage of sin, so that God doesn't have to keep forgiving us
And how are we set free from the bondage of sin Epi?

By having our sin forgiven?...by Gods Spirit.

Gods Spirit can’t indwell the heart/ spirit of a sinner?

Which is exactly what he would be doing if our sin wasn’t forgiven of us beforehand Epi?

There is no sin in God, there is sin in our heart/ spirit, before he makes our spirit Born Again, only when Spirit gives birth to spirit, is there no sin in his Born Again child..they have been Born Of God Seed.

Their spirit is in Gods Spirit, our spirit has been birthed..

Anyway, no point in battering you over it...only God can open your heart/ spirit to receive his truth.

God Bless.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Epi....so Jesus didn’t take our sin onto his own body?

He did. He bore our sins on the cross. We could ONLY be sinful...until Jesus destroyed the power of sin in those who would join Him on His cross.
He had to die and be resurrected, so that we can be Born Again of His Spirit?

Yes. His resurrection life quickens us into an eternal kind of life
Our sins must be forgiven before we can become Born Of Jesus Spirit, a Born Again should/ will know this as soon as they have become Born Again, you must know Epi, if our spirit is Born Again, then it must be set free from sin/ forgiven.

That's a very human logic and wrong. As soon as you make forgiveness the priority, the sooner your flesh takes over. Jesus never once forgave the disciples. But he forgives the Romans for killing Him. Forgiveness is for the carnal. But to His followers He grants holiness. If a person walks in holiness they no longer need forgiveness.

A drug addict needs to be FREED from his addiction...not have it catered to by us forgiving him for taking drugs all the time.
The Holy Spirit can not indwell a sinner, to become right/ reconciled to God, only he can forgive our sins., when he draws us to repentance etc, etc,....it’s a divine visitation/ divine revelation becoming Born Again, you don’t need to read any bible to become Born Again.

But, we must have our sins forgiven.....100% my opinion/ testimony/ belief.

There is a carnal mind loop that keeps going to the needs of the flesh. Find in the bible where Jesus forgives his disciples.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And how are we set free from the bondage of sin Epi?

By going to the cross to be dealt with in the outer man of sin. And being resurrected with Christ into newnes of life to walk as He walked...without sin. In Him is no sin.
Anyway, no point in battering you over it...only God can open your heart/ spirit to receive his truth.

God Bless.
I pray you will learn more about holiness.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Matthew 12:31-32​

King James Version​

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Epi, I’m afraid to say, your teachings on forgiveness are very wrong....if anyone needs to understand the significance of the cross...it’s you....I will ignore the rest of your posts because imo they are all skewed from “ your own understanding “ of the scriptures....I won’t bully you over it though.

None of what you have posted to me is biblical either.

I rest my case and leave you to the Lord to deal with...God Bless.

If one doesn’t know that their sins must be forgiven before Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Sorry you aren’t Born Of The Spirit...period.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

There is a carnal mind loop that keeps going to the needs of the flesh. Find in the bible where Jesus forgives his disciples.

Dont be even more foolish and claim that this isn't for the disciples... @Episkopos
-

English Standard Version
for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the FORGIVENESS of sins.

Berean Standard Bible
This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Berean Literal Bible
For this is My blood of the covenant, being poured out for many, for forgiveness of sins.

New American Standard Bible
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for FORGIVENESS of sins.

NASB 1995
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

NASB 1977
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Legacy Standard Bible
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for FORGIVENESS of sins.

Christian Standard Bible
For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For this is My blood that establishes the covenant; it is shed for many for the FORGIVENESS of sins.

American Standard Version
for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many unto remission of sins.

Contemporary English Version
This is my blood, and with it God makes his agreement with you. It will be poured out, so that many people will have their sins FORGIVEN.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
By going to the cross to be dealt with in the outer man of sin.

Once again, you prove have ZERO understanding of the Cross of Christ

Listen.

Sin, is in your Mind<>HEART.... before its committed by your body.

"Sinners", are doing what their sinful HEART desires"....

Sin, is a HEART Condition..

Its an "inner man" not an outer man, situation.

Its the EVIL HEART.. that is the issue.

So, the Blood of Jesus, reaches inside us, where the SIN lives as our SINFUL Nature...., that plays out as our deeds we commit.
This blood PURGES our sin........and that means it makes US "righteous" whereas before we were "evil heart".. "sinners".

Its not just our deeds that are forgiven, its US, who are forgiven.

"Jesus came to save SINNERS"... and that is not just to forgive our previous life of sinful behavior.