The Modern Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How are we to tell the difference between the true gospel and what is for all intents and purposes "another gospel"? The modern church too often finds its legitimacy in an artificially generated gospel that is without power; where any kind of eternal security must be supposed and presumed without being verifiable.The ideological religious dimension, however, provides us with no guarantees. But the truth will set us free. Better to store up actual heavenly riches that don't tarnish or are lost by being diverted away through misappropriation.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How are we to tell the difference between the true gospel and what is for all intents and purposes "another gospel"? The modern church too often finds its legitimacy in an artificially generated gospel that is without power; where any kind of eternal security must be supposed and presumed without being verifiable.The ideological religious dimension, however, provides us with no guarantees. But the truth will set us free. Better to store up actual heavenly riches that don't tarnish or are lost by being diverted away through misappropriation.

I don't know how you can sit there and with a straight face say the gospel is not about the forgiveness of sins-

Yes, forgiveness of sins is a central theme of the gospel message presented in the New Testament. Here's how forgiveness of sins is foundational to the gospel:

Biblical Foundation: The gospel, which means "good news," proclaims the forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ. This forgiveness is rooted in God's mercy and grace, as demonstrated through Jesus' sacrificial death and resurrection (Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:14).

Human Condition: The gospel addresses humanity's universal need for forgiveness due to sin. Sin separates people from God (Isaiah 59:2), and forgiveness restores the broken relationship with God, offering reconciliation and eternal life (Romans 6:23).

Jesus' Mission: Jesus Himself emphasized that He came to offer forgiveness of sins. He declared, "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost" (Luke 19:10). His ministry and ultimate sacrifice on the cross were to provide a way for humanity to receive forgiveness and salvation (Acts 13:38-39).

Salvation Message: The apostles and early church proclaimed forgiveness of sins as a core component of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. This message is central in the preaching recorded in the book of Acts and in the letters of the apostles (Acts 2:38, Acts 10:43, Ephesians 2:8-9).
1. Ephesians 1:7
Scripture: "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;" (Ephesians 1:7, KJV)

Breakdown:

Morphology:

Redemption (ἀπολύτρωσις, apolytrōsis) - Noun, Feminine, Nominative Singular
Forgiveness (ἄφεσις, aphesis) - Noun, Feminine, Genitive Singular
According to (κατὰ, kata) - Preposition
Riches (πλοῦτος, ploutos) - Noun, Masculine, Accusative Plural
Grace (χάρις, charis) - Noun, Feminine, Genitive Singular
Syntax:

The main clause is "In whom we have redemption" (Ἐν ᾧ ἔχομεν τὴν ἀπολύτρωσιν).
"Through his blood" (διὰ τοῦ αἵματος αὐτοῦ) describes the means of redemption.
"The forgiveness of sins" (τὴν ἄφεσιν τῶν ἁμαρτιῶν) is in apposition to "redemption," explaining its purpose.
"According to the riches of his grace" (κατὰ τὸν πλοῦτον τῆς χάριτος αὐτοῦ) describes the standard or measure of this forgiveness.
2. Colossians 1:14
Scripture: "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:" (Colossians 1:14, KJV)

Breakdown:

Morphology:

Same as Ephesians 1:7 for key terms: redemption, blood, forgiveness.
Syntax:

Similar structure to Ephesians 1:7, emphasizing the connection between redemption and forgiveness through Christ's blood.
3. Acts 2:38
Scripture: "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38, KJV)

Breakdown:

Morphology:

Repent (μετανοήσατε, metanoēsate) - Verb, Aorist Imperative Active, 2nd Person Plural
Be baptized (βαπτισθήτω, baptisthētō) - Verb, Aorist Imperative Passive, 3rd Person Singular
Remission (ἀφέσεως, apheseōs) - Noun, Genitive Singular
Receive (λήμψεσθε, lēmpsesthe) - Verb, Future Indicative Middle, 2nd Person Plural
Syntax:

Imperatives "Repent" and "be baptized" command action.
"In the name of Jesus Christ" specifies the authority or basis for baptism.
"For the remission of sins" (εἰς ἄφεσιν ἁμαρτιῶν) indicates the purpose or goal of baptism.
Promise of receiving the Holy Ghost (Spirit) follows repentance and baptism.
4. Acts 10:43
Scripture: "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins." (Acts 10:43, KJV)

Breakdown:

Morphology:

Believeth (πιστεύοντι, pisteuonti) - Verb, Present Active Participle, Dative Singular
Receive (λήμψεται, lēmpsetai) - Verb, Future Indicative Middle, 3rd Person Singular
Syntax:

Prophets bear witness to the promise through Christ.
"Whosoever believeth in him" (πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων εἰς αὐτὸν) emphasizes faith as the condition.
Future tense "shall receive" denotes certainty of receiving remission (forgiveness) of sins.
5. Romans 4:7
Scripture: "Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered." (Romans 4:7, KJV)

Breakdown:

Morphology:

Blessed (μακαρισμένοι, makarismenoi) - Verb, Perfect Passive Participle, Nominative Plural Masculine
Forgiven (ἀφέθησαν, aphethēsan) - Verb, Aorist Passive Indicative, 3rd Person Plural
Covered (ἐπεκαλύφθησαν, epekaluphthēsan) - Verb, Aorist Passive Indicative, 3rd Person Plural
Syntax:

"Saying" introduces a quotation from Psalm 32:1-2.
"Blessed are they" declares the blessedness of those whose sins are forgiven and covered.
Perfect tense "are forgiven" and "are covered" emphasizes the completed action with ongoing results.
These breakdowns show how morphology (word forms) and syntax (sentence structure) contribute to understanding the rich theological concepts of forgiveness of sins as presented in these scriptures. Each passage underscores the importance of forgiveness through Jesus Christ, emphasizing repentance, faith, and the grace of God.

FORGIVENESS UNDER GRACE
Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles and the revealer of the mysteries of God to the Church which is His Body, gives only one condition—belief in his gospel. According to the above Scripture from Ephesians 1:7, the forgiveness of sins is intimately linked with our redemption which in turn is based upon Christ’s sacrificial blood and the riches of His grace. Also, notice carefully that forgiveness (as with all our spiritual blessings) is past tense for the believer in Christ. We have redemption…the forgiveness of sins.

For those who need further confirmation of this wonderful news, please consider prayerfully these additional examples from Paul’s epistles:

“And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you” (Eph. 4:32).

“In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins” (Col. 1:14).

“And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses” (Col. 2:13).

“Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye” (Col. 3:13).

“But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying, `Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin'” (Rom. 4:5-8).

“Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man [Jesus Christ] is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: and by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses” (Acts 13:38,39).

The above verses represent the teaching on forgiveness for the present dispensation of the grace of God (Eph. 3:1-9). The instructed grace believer knows that man is by nature dead in trespasses and sins and as such cannot merit a place in heaven with God (Eph. 2:1,8,9). The love of God has provided forgiveness for fallen man through the blood of His Son. Faith in Jesus Christ is the responsibility which a Sovereign God has placed upon man in response to His love. “Christ died for our sins… and rose again” is the gospel which Paul received from the glorified Lord Jesus and preached wherever he went (I Cor. 15:1-4). The Holy Spirit of God then takes the believing sinner and supernaturally baptizes him into Christ, thus establishing an eternal union (I Cor. 12:13). This has been testified to by the revelation that nothing can separate us from the love of Christ because the Holy Spirit has sealed us until the day of redemption (His coming) (Rom. 8:31-39; Eph. 1:13,14; 4:30).

The knowledge of these scriptural facts give the believer great peace and joy unspeakable. But as is the case with so many Bible subjects, those who want to homogenize the Word of God go to forgiveness teachings given to Israel for a past dispensation and arbitrarily transplant them into the present dispensation of Grace. The result is fear, doubt, and a lack of boldness in our prayer life.

FORGIVENESS UNDER THE LAW
At this point, it may be beneficial to contrast forgiveness under the law of Moses.

“If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” (II Chron. 7:14).

• Love
Reactions: Lizbeth

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Epi I have just read Johan post, are you seriously saying your sins weren’t forgiven by God before you became Born Again?

Our sins must be forgiven my friend before the Spirit can indwell our spirit...he can’t indwell a sinner.

We can’t be Born Again before our sins are forgiven.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epi I have just read Johan post, are you seriously saying your sins weren’t forgiven by God before you became Born Again?

If you say they weren’t then I’m deleting my post and emoji I gave you?
These guys like to make up things because they can't stand the truth. Of course we are forgiven.....that's not the point of the cross. These guys want to be forgiven WITHOUT a holy walk. The cross is about sanctification, not forgiveness. God has ALWAYS been merciful. But He wants us to live with Him in eternity....not just forgiven...but holy. Be holy for God is holy.

Please don't take anything seriously when it comes to them avoiding the truth.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
These guys like to make up things because they can't stand the truth. Of course we are forgiven.....that's not the point of the cross. These guys want to be forgiven WITHOUT a holy walk. The cross is about sanctification, not forgiveness. God has ALWAYS been merciful. But He wants us to live with Him in eternity....not just forgiven...but holy. Be holy for God is holy.

Ok, thanks...phewww glad to hear that.

I loved the introduction, haven’t watched the vid yet.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Our sins must be forgiven my friend before the Spirit can indwell our spirit...he can’t indwell a sinner.

We can’t be Born Again before our sins are forgiven.

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us (Ephesians 1:7–8, NIV).

Forgiveness is the heart of the Gospel. It is the beating heart that pumps its life-giving power throughout the world. In fact, that the Gospel is all about forgiveness. Everything else that the Gospel is about stems from forgiveness.

It’s taken me a long time to realise this truth. That’s because all of my religious experience was about the Gospel being something difficult to understand. And it’s because all my life I was taught that we get what we deserve. Well, we don’t. Not from God when we are under his grace.

The Bible is Proof That Forgiveness is The Heart of the Gospel
I used to think that the Bible was all about the grandest sweep of history, and grand philosophy and prophecy, and advice about how to live. But while all those things are there, that’s not what the Bible is all about. The Bible, from the beginning to the end, is all about God’s forgiving grace (Isa 53; Luke 1:76–78; 3:1–3; Acts 2:38; 13:38–40).

Let’s not complicate the Gospel. We need to see afresh the sacrificial love of Christ so that we can understand that what we need is forgiveness, and then we need to simply accept it as God’s gracious gift. And everything else just flows from there. Because forgiveness is the heart of the Gospel.

1718918986755.png

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Yes-from NOW on I am avoiding you. You have been corrected and refuted many, many times yet persist in your folly and error.

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us (Ephesians 1:7–8, NIV).

Forgiveness is the heart of the Gospel. It is the beating heart that pumps its life-giving power throughout the world. In fact, that the Gospel is all about forgiveness. Everything else that the Gospel is about stems from forgiveness.

It’s taken me a long time to realise this truth. That’s because all of my religious experience was about the Gospel being something difficult to understand. And it’s because all my life I was taught that we get what we deserve. Well, we don’t. Not from God when we are under his grace.

I used to think that the Bible was all about the grandest sweep of history, and grand philosophy and prophecy, and advice about how to live. But while all those things are there, that’s not what the Bible is all about. The Bible, from the beginning to the end, is all about God’s forgiving grace (Isa 53; Luke 1:76–78; 3:1–3; Acts 2:38; 13:38–40).

Let’s not complicate the Gospel. We need to see afresh the sacrificial love of Christ so that we can understand that what we need is forgiveness, and then we need to simply accept it as God’s gracious gift. And everything else just flows from there. Because forgiveness is the heart of the Gospel.

And I PRAY @Ritajanice will see this, believe it and receive it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes-from NOW on I am avoiding you. You have been corrected and refuted many, many times yet persist in your folly and error.

And I PRAY @Ritajanice will see this, believe it and receive it.
:rolleyes:
:ummm:

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
YOUR perspective that the cross is primarily about sanctification rather than forgiveness misunderstands the comprehensive work of Christ and the gospel message.!

Forgiveness Through the Cross: The Bible unequivocally teaches that the cross is the means by which our sins are forgiven. Jesus' sacrifice reconciles us to God by paying the penalty for our sins (Colossians 1:20, Romans 5:8-10). Without forgiveness, there can be no reconciliation or relationship with God.

Holiness and Sanctification: While forgiveness is crucial, it is not the endpoint of God’s plan for us. The apostle Paul emphasizes that God’s will for us is sanctification (1 Thessalonians 4:3). Sanctification is the ongoing process by which the Holy Spirit transforms believers to be more like Christ in character and conduct (Romans 8:29, 2 Corinthians 3:18).

Purpose of Forgiveness: Forgiveness through the cross is the foundation upon which sanctification rests. It cleanses us from sin and enables us to pursue holiness. Ephesians 1:4 states that God chose us in Christ "that we should be holy and without blame before him in love."

Response to God's Mercy: God’s mercy and forgiveness are intended to lead us to live holy lives (Titus 2:11-12). The apostle Peter echoes this in 1 Peter 1:15-16, quoting from Leviticus: "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

Balance and Truth: It’s important not to pit forgiveness against holiness but to understand them as complementary aspects of the Christian life. The cross provides forgiveness, and our response is to live holy lives empowered by the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16).

In conclusion, while forgiveness through the cross is foundational, the goal is to walk in holiness and sanctification as a response to God’s mercy and grace. The cross enables both forgiveness and sanctification, not one at the expense of the other. God desires a holy people who reflect His character, and this begins with receiving His forgiveness through faith in Christ's finished work on the cross.

Rom 1:16 for I am not ashamed of the good news of the Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to every one who is believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek.
Rom 1:17 For the righteousness of God in it is revealed from faith to faith, according as it hath been written, 'And the righteous one by faith shall live,'
1Co 15:1 And I make known to you, brethren, the good news that I proclaimed to you, which also ye did receive, in which also ye have stood,
1Co 15:2 through which also ye are being saved, in what words I proclaimed good news to you, if ye hold fast, except ye did believe in vain,
1Co 15:3 for I delivered to you first, what also I did receive, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Writings,
1Co 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he hath risen on the third day, according to the Writings,
1Co 15:5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve,
1Co 15:6 afterwards he appeared to above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain till now, and certain also did fall asleep;
1Co 15:7 afterwards he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all—as to the untimely birth—he appeared also to me,
1Co 15:9 for I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I did persecute the assembly of God,
1Co 15:10 and by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace that is towards me came not in vain, but more abundantly than they all did I labour, yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me;
1Co 15:11 whether, then, I or they, so we preach, and so ye did believe.

Paul speaks of the gospel he preached as “my gospel” in Romans 16:25, 2:16. Not Epi's gospel!

Those who would find fault with Peter’s or Paul’s work are really finding fault with Christ’s work, for it is He who is working through both men as the Scripture states in Galatians 2:8.

The “my gospel” Paul spoke of is referred to as being kept secret since the world began (Rom. 16:25; I Cor. 2:7,8; Eph. 3:9; Col. 1:26). The gospel Peter spoke of is referred to as being known since the world began (Matt. 25:34; Luke 1:67-70; Acts 3:21,24).

Indeed, Israel from Jacob on has been looking for their Messiah, who was to come and set up their kingdom as the most favored nation. When as a nation they accept their Messiah, God will have all people come through Israel. We, of course, know that Israel rejected Christ and they were then set aside until the dispensation of Grace, for which Paul was called to be its apostle, has run its course. Notice Paul’s words are spoken of as commandments, which is not a take it or leave it word.

“If any man think himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord” (I Cor. 14:37).

There are many people who believe that the Bible words printed in red are the most important for they were spoken by Christ. They are the words of Christ and very important indeed, as all God’s Word is, which we are to study. But they were especially important to the Jewish people to whom they were written regarding the coming kingdom. When we, who are of the dispensation of Grace, study the Gospels, we must interpret them in light of the epistles written by Paul. They are Christ’s final marching orders for the Church today. They have the correct interpretation for the day we live in. Yes, we can take our stand and rest assured. We have the correct interpretation for today when we follow Christ’s words given through Paul.

In Ephesians 1:3 the Word tells us that we are looking for a heavenly home, not an earthly kingdom.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ” (Eph. 1:3).

“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ” (Phil. 3:20).

Yes, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have God’s Word for all people to study, but they are written to the people of the kingdom dispensation. We know Christ was addressing those for whom the kingdom was coming to earth. How? Because the Bible tells us so.

Matthew 4:17 says:

“From that time, Jesus began to preach and say, repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

In Matthew 3:2, John the Baptist speaks of the coming kingdom. In Matthew 10:5-7, we see Jesus instructing the twelve apostles regarding the coming kingdom.

Christ is still speaking to us today with the words of salvation, love, encouragement, and how to live a life pleasing to Him. Yes, He is speaking to us today throughout His Word, but again we must use the epistles written by the Apostle Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, for a proper application today. It is not a matter if we like them or not.

Notice in the gospel of the kingdom forgiveness is required to be forgiven, while in the epistles penned by the Apostle Paul we are already forgiven and already blessed. Therefore, out of love and gratitude, I want to please the One who bled, died and rose again, paying completely and forever for all my sins. Yes, thank God, past, present and future sins are covered by the sacrifice of the Savior Jesus Christ (Look up Rom. 4:15,16, 3:23,24; Gal. 3:13; Col. 1:21,22, 2:13). These are just a few of the verses that tell us of the wonderful and complete salvation we have in Christ Jesus.

In Ephesians 2:8 and 9 we find Christ’s commands written for us today.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

In I Corinthians 15:1-4 we find Paul spelling out for us, the gospel (the good news) for today.

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.”

This is how we are saved today. It is by faith alone in what Christ has done for us according to the Scriptures. Anything you would add to God’s plan is a false gospel. God has chosen to place our complete salvation in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus. Anything we would add is an affront to God’s Son, for we are saying that He is not worthy of the great honor God has placed in Him. And we are really saying that we know better than God Himself.

Which is the gospel to you Sir!

Reactions: mailmandan

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that we need to ask ourselves what the early church believed about Atonement. The following are the early theories until Augustine:

• The ransom theory, which teaches that the death of Christ was a ransom sacrifice, usually said to have been paid to Satan, in satisfaction for the bondage and debt on the souls of humanity as a result of inherited sin.
  • The Christus Victor theory, which is rooted in the incarnation and how Christ entered into human misery and wickedness and thus redeemed it.
  • The recapitulation theory, which teaches that Christ's life was a recapitulation of the life of humanity, and that his death and resurrection were a victory over sin and death. (AI)
My view is the third I think. Penal Substitutionary Theory came in fully at the Reformation. The idea of a law court was not in the early church. The idea was rather of a hospital where mankind is healed. We cannot fully understand the doctrine of salvation, but we are told that it is the blood of Christ, and our faith in it, that cleanses us from sin. I believe that forgiveness is the result of that. We are cleansed then forgiven.

We are told to forgive others yet we say that God had to allow the savage murder of His innocent Son in order for Him to forgive. I think along the lines of the ability to forgive depends on whether we are in the same standing of the one we are to forgive ie we are both sinners. But God is holy and the person He is forgiving must also be holy, in actuality not as an imputation but don't quote me on that! I have struggled to understand this doctrine fully and don't think it can be.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
These guys like to make up things because they can't stand the truth. Of course we are forgiven.....that's not the point of the cross.

What you actually stated at least 3 times to me, is "the Cross is not about forgiveness of sin".

That's incredible blasphemy.

These guys want to be forgiven WITHOUT a holy walk.

What you just wrote is the definition of LEGALISM.

See, you just taught, that the CROSS is not WHY God Accepts us, as "Grace through faith".. but its OUR DOING, OUR DEEDS, Our Works, our WALK, that determines if we are "FORGIVEN"., and that is a FALSE GOSPEL, a cursed Gospel, where you just defined yourself again, as this.. .: Galatians 1:8

You're "gospel" is literally the opposite of Paul's Gospel "of the GRACE of God".

So, again, you are denying the CROSS, and now you've finally explained that in YOUR Deception-Theology, YOU are being forgiven by your HOLY WALK.

And that is teaching that YOU are the root of your own forgiveness, (self effort) and that theology, Denies the Cross, Denies the Christ, and insults the Grace of God. @Episkopos

You're a very hardened Legalist.
Extreme.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These guys like to make up things because they can't stand the truth. Of course we are forgiven.....that's not the point of the cross.
lol.. So the "lamb of God" who died for the world. was not to redeem sin, and is not the means of forgiveness?

When you really want to know the gospel. I think you should seek some people with knowledge of how to be saved.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you actually stated at least 3 times to me, is "the Cross is not about forgiveness of sin".

That's incredible blasphemy.

What you just wrote is the definition of LEGALISM.

See, you just taught, that the CROSS is not WHY God Accepts us, as "Grace through faith".. but its OUR DOING, OUR DEEDS, Our Works, our WALK, that determines if we are "FORGIVEN"., and that is a FALSE GOSPEL, a cursed Gospel, where you just defined yourself again, as this.. .: Galatians 1:8

You're "gospel" is literally the opposite of Paul's Gospel "of the GRACE of God".

So, again, you are denying the CROSS, and now you've finally explained that in YOUR Deception-Theology, YOU are being forgiven by your HOLY WALK.

And that is teaching that YOU are the root of your own forgiveness, (self effort) and that theology, Denies the Cross, Denies the Christ, and insults the Grace of God. @Episkopos

You're a very hardened Legalist.
Extreme.
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Amen-

The message of the cross of Jesus encompasses several profound aspects:

Redemption and Forgiveness: The cross symbolizes Jesus' sacrificial death to atone for the sins of humanity. Through his death, Jesus offered forgiveness and reconciliation with God to all who believe in him.

Love and Grace: It demonstrates the depth of God's love for humanity — that he would send his Son to die for us, even while we were still sinners (Romans 5:8). This act of love offers grace and mercy to all who accept Jesus.

Victory over Sin and Death: The cross represents the defeat of sin and death. Jesus' resurrection on the third day after his crucifixion shows his victory over death and provides hope for eternal life to all who follow him.

New Life and Transformation: The cross calls people to repentance and a transformed life. It invites individuals to turn away from sin and embrace a new life in Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Reconciliation and Unity: Through the cross, Jesus reconciles humanity to God and also brings reconciliation between people of different backgrounds, races, and cultures, uniting them as one body (Ephesians 2:16).

In summary, the message of the cross is a message of salvation, love, forgiveness, reconciliation, and new life through Jesus Christ. It is central to the Christian faith and serves as a powerful reminder of God's ultimate sacrifice and his plan for humanity's redemption.
J.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.
people who are self centered, who, like the pharisee, thinks they are righteous and holy. can not grasp the cross. because they think they do not need it.

we have seen it in the op for years in many chatrooms..

Sadly, I fear someone's heart may be to hard to see of find the truth of the cross.

• Sad

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how we are saved today. It is by faith alone in what Christ has done for us according to the Scriptures. Anything you would add to God’s plan is a false gospel. God has chosen to place our complete salvation in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus. Anything we would add is an affront to God’s Son, for we are saying that He is not worthy of the great honor God has placed in Him. And we are really saying that we know better than God Himself.
Amen! Either we are trusting 100% in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost. Sadly, there are certain folks who view themselves as "holier than thou" and end up exploiting the gospel in order to promote themselves. Such folks are confident of their own righteousness and despise others/look down on everyone else, which should sound familiar. (Luke 18:9-14)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Either we are trusting 100% in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost. Sadly, there are certain folks who view themselves as "holier than thou" and end up exploiting the gospel in order to promote themselves. Such folks are confident of their own righteousness and despise others/look down on everyone else, which should sound familiar. (Luke 18:9-14)
Amen, NO ONE comes through the father but through me,

Why? The cross.

He redeemed us from the curse of the law

Sadly, people want to get to God their own way..

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Epi, you often speak of “ realms” I just couldn’t understand.

Now look...The Spirit has brought me to understanding these realms.i think you are at a much higher level than I...understanding in the spirit...I’m definitely getting there I believe..Praise God...

Praise God,Brother!!

Commentary.

To become a Christian is to be moved from the first realm into the second realm. We no longer live in the old realm. We cannot have one foot in and one foot out. We cannot live according to the flesh Monday through Saturday, and then live according to the Spirit on Sunday. When you are born again, you are completely uprooted and replanted in this totally new realm, the realm of the Spirit. You now have the mind of Christ with a totally new worldview and perspective on life. You now see with a divine and eternal perspective. It brings about a radical change in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.