T U L I P explained

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 1 - but as many as have recieved him
John 3 - that whoever believes
John 4 - ask, and god will give us living water flowing to life (new birtht)
John 5 - Whoever sees and believes
John 6, Eat the bread from heaven, in faith
Eph 1 Hear the word. then believe it
eph 2, Grace THROUGH FAITH

Its there, you just can not see it.
Being Born Of The Spirit is not there I’m afraid my lovely.
Yes I was born of the spirit,. when? When I trusted him
Yes, I was born a second time (again) when I was born of the spirit, because I again believed in him and received him
Spirit gives birth to spirit is not found in scripture. please stop posting these words.
The seed that birthed me will never perish, this U can never be unborn, this is called eternal life. And jesus said multiple times I get this when I believe
Again your opinion/ testimony and belief...Spirit gives birth to spirit and flesh gives birth to flesh is Biblical my friend.
I am saved because I am born again, Because I was justifed by faith. apart from faith. I am not saved nor am I born again
We are saved only when we have become Born Of The Spirit, ...you must be Alive in your spirit, that’s where we are Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.
Yes. But he will not force it on you. His will is that you chose to recieve his gift.
That is your opinion it’s not biblical.

How do you know he was forcing his will onto you?

Did you have a conversation with Gods Spirit...?..
thats why it is called the gift of God.. I can reject a gift, I do nto have to take it. Thats why Jesus said whoever believes (receives) is not condemned. whoever does not believes (rejects his gift) is condemned already
You cannot reject being Born Again if it was God’s will, chosen and predestined..where you get this forcing his will onto us I have no idea.

He prepares our heart/ spirit , he opens it up to receive His Spirit..he had already planned that we would become Born Again before the foundation of the world
The only difference between a child of God and a non child of God is faith

one trusts God. one does not
A child of God is a spiritual child...why...because their spirit my lovely has become Alive in Christ..it’s been Born Again.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The truth hurts, I know

I repeat jesus words.

and you keep telling everyone it is my opinion

I do not falsely accuse you. unlike you who continue to falsely accuse so many people because you fail to read what they are sasying
It is your opinion / testimony and belief on how you became Born Again..it greatly differs from my opinion/ testimony and belief on how I became Born Of The Spirit.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
by the way, you refused to acknowledge and explain eph 1
.?

Ephesians 1

New International Version

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To God’s holy people in Ephesus,[a] the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Praise for Spiritual Blessings in Christ​

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love5 he[b] predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood,the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he[d] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.
11 In him we were also chosen,[e] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Thanksgiving and Prayer​

15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[f] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church,23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
eph 2. why is that?
Discuss 1 and 2?

How did he make us Alive with Christ...just by reading your Bible?

You need that vital ingredient my friend?

5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions

Ephesians 2​

New International Version​

Made Alive in Christ​

2 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christand seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved,through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Jew and Gentile Reconciled Through Christ​

11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To even be faithful one must first be called and chosen. That is God's will that none of those He has given to Christ be lost.
At whatever level...whether in righteousness or holiness...he who is faithful in little is also faithful in much.

Reactions: Laurina

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well yes. this is the foundation of my faith

But non of this will matter if your not born again

and in order to be born again, you must be justified freely so that your sin is forgiven and you are adopted as Gods child.
Again this is not how we are Born Of The Spirit...you have voiced your opinion again.
This ONLY happens By Gods grace offered to all. and through faith in him
That is not how he says we are Born Of The Spirit....you have voiced your own understanding of scripture again.

There are no instructions on how to become Born Of The Spirit....

The written word tells you how it happens..when it happens being Born From Above it comes by heart/spirit revelation....you don’t need to read any bible to be Born Of The Spirit....the Witness Gods Living Witness His Holy Spirit.....is the one who Witnesses Gods Truth to our heart/ spirit...then we check what he witnessed to our heart/ spirit, with Gods written word.
Let’s discuss it then.?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus words and what Jesus proclaimed is my opinion. I trust Jesus in what he said

I just repeated jesus words.

its good to know you think Jesus words are meaningless.. I will put this in the file with how you think the bible is meaningless..
Your personal attack only reiterates the evidence you have already provided. You can't answer RJ's Scripture questions civilly because your worldly consciousness is joined with your ego that lashes out when you are proven wrong by those who are Spirit led.

You can't fake this stuff.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you telling us here that as a child you had faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God, but then sometime later you lost that faith or gave up that faith and thus you needed to become like you were as a child and believe in God once again? Is that what you think? If so, I don't know where you would even get such an idea.
No, that is what you believe if you hold that if a child dies they go to heaven.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tell us how are we made Alive in Christ?

Looking to the cross and believing is not how Gods word says we are Born Of The Spirit
IF we believe in Jesus, IF we receive Jesus, God gives us rebirth.

John 1:11-13 KJV
11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

These are active voice verbs. We have to believe, we have to receive, and THEN God gives us rebirth.

This is accomplished by joining our being baptized into Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection. Being killed with Him, then being raised with Him, this is the new life of rebirth.

Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

We are born from God.

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

This word was preached to you by the Gospel.

1 Peter 1:22-25 KJV
22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25) But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

I know you have a pattern of calling other's comments their own opinions, I'll simply say these are plainly stated in these passages I've posted.

I encourage your to go deeper into the Scriptures which are able to make you wise unto salvation.

2 Timothy 3:14-17 KJV
14) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot believe in Jesus without being Born Of The Spirit..
John 1:10-13 KJV
10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

"Believing" and "receiving" are prerequisite to being reborn. They come first.

Received him, believe on his name, these verbs are active voice, meaning you do that, it's not done to you, or for you. You have to do it. You must receive Him, you must believe on his name, and it's only for those who do that God gives the right/authority/power to become His children.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
IF we believe in Jesus, IF we receive Jesus, God gives us rebirth.

John 1:11-13 KJV

We were Born Of God

How are we Born Of The Spirit?
These are active voice verbs. We have to believe, we have to receive, and THEN God gives us rebirth.
That is not how God says we are Born Again..scripture please?
This is accomplished by joining our being baptized into Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection. Being killed with Him, then being raised with Him, this is the new life of rebirth.
How are you Baptised into His death?
Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
How would you know that our old man is crucified with Him?

Posting scripture we can all do that.

If you post scripture you need to be able to understand what is being said in the Spirit?
We are born from God.

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

This word was preached to you by the Gospel.

1 Peter 1:22-25 KJV
22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25) But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

I know you have a pattern of calling other's comments their own opinions, I'll simply say these are plainly stated in these passages I've posted.

I encourage your to go deeper into the Scriptures which are able to make you wise unto salvation.

2 Timothy 3:14-17 KJV
14) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Much love!
1 Corinthians 12:3
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

New Living Translation
So I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God will curse Jesus, and no one can say Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit.

English Standard Version
Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed," and no one is able to say, "Jesus is Lord," if not in the Holy Spirit.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you believe they go?
Don't know.

I can only tell you what Scripture says:

John 3:3

King James Version

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Man there is anthropos which means a person. Babies are people.

If god chooses to save children apart from being born again, He did not reveal it to us.

• Wow
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 1:10-13 KJV
10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

We can believe in his name in our human understanding...so how do we believe that God is Spirit as well as Jesus, where would you know that?

"Believing" and "receiving" are prerequisite to being reborn. They come first.
You posted scripture, then voiced your opinion..this is not how God says we=are Born Of The Spirit
Received him, believe on his name, these verbs are active voice, meaning you do that, it's not done to you, or for you. You have to do it. You must receive Him, you must believe on his name, and it's only for those who do that God gives the right/authority/power to become His children.

Much love!
Again your own opinion not biblical.