Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in eternal security for those who "strive to enter in" as Jesus warned us
That’s not security and it is definitely not eternal

that’s hope in self, and your ability to strive, not in God you perfected forever you who are being sanctified, i a, confident of this very think that he who began a good work WILL complete it until the day of Christ.

I wi h you had that faith in Christ and not yourself

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 6:4-6 (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Christians indeed!

5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
They absolutely can fall away! Couldn't be any clearer!

Every person who HEARS the Word of God;
IS Enlightened,
IS Given Measures of Faith,
IS "Tasting" blessings of the "Gift of the Holy Spirit",

That IS "partaking".
They can "claim"...with their Minds thought to believe....

And...did you NOT notice...
Judas partook...
Peter partook and denied Him...
His Disciples partook and Doubted Him...
Crowds of people gathered to Hear Jesus Speak...they partook...Many walked away Denying Belief.

What you miss is...
None of them had YET "Heartfully" Confessed Belief...

Read the Scriptures...
The ones who, wondered, who doubted, who denied... AND KEPT Following and KEPT HEARING, Increased IN Faith....AND confessed their Heartful Belief.
These became SAVED!

The others "fell from Faith (those small Measures) ...then walked away, remained in Disbelief...and Were NOT Saved.

The Warnings in Scripture...are to KEEP HEARING...(even when WHAT you are Hearing IS phenomenally Hard for your mind to believe)...
The CAUTIONARY WARNINGS ARE FOR THEM...NOT someone who has Already heartfully confessed AND received Salvation and Quickening...

Do you not Know...the Keeping of A MAN Given Salvation and Quickening...
IS NOT , by the man's power, to try really hard to "keep his gifts"...
But rather...that man's Salvation and Quickening IS KEPT by The Power of Gods Spirit that has "entered into the Saved and Quickened man."

Nothing can Supersede Gods Power and UNDO a gift God has given that man and God Keeps for that man.

The Gift of Salvation is a Gift the Lord has Paid for And OFFERED to Every man.
A man who Accepts His Offering, is Given that Gift Once and Forever.
A man who Rejects Gods Offering, looses the Gift by refusing to Accept it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your lie has been exposed, so you attempt to derail with sacraments that are not good works to begin with.

Nonsense. Truth cannot be imposed, it can only be proposed to those willing to receive it. Sacraments have nothing to do with your lies about works righteousness.

Jesus was very emphatic about eating physical food that your system spiritualizes, but what does this have to do with your lies about works righteousness? Nothing, because you have no idea what a sacrament is. You assert one thing and deny it at the same time.

Does it follow, then, that if you can’t “DO ANYTHING” whatsoever to attain salvation, that you likewise can’t “DO” anything to lose it? So then, do you believe in eternal security (I don’t know)? You’re not a Calvinist, that I’m aware of………

And does this absolute prohibition of “DO ANYTHING” include such things as the altar call, sinner’s prayer, joining of a fellowship, public confession of repentance, renunciation of former sinful activities, etc.? You are not making any sense, but you throw in "sacraments" (which is a completely different category from good works) for color. Your squirming because your lie has been exposed.
547010df78fc702478b9b93ddbf2dacc.jpg

These are not sacraments.
You have not exposed anything

your sacraments are no more righteous and salvic than the sacraments of the law were,

a work is a work is a work

circumcision was a work, so is baptism, the fact the work is done by a human on you is beside the point, your doing it to be saved, you can boast.

we are saved by grace through faith, not sacramental works of righteousness.

your the one who is exposed as a modern day pharisee.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If OSAS is true they CAN'T fall away! But it's not true.
You fall away from the truth, not salvation

eternal life is eternal. Not conditional. And paul said I have it right here and right now, that is the basis of my hope which is the root of my faith

if you do not have faith you have eternal life, your hope is in something other than the promise of God, and that’s not salvic faith

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in eternal security for those who "strive to enter in" as Jesus warned us. Not OSAS! Are you saying non OSASers aren't Christians?

he told us to strive to enter the narrow gate, once you entered you in. Why would you continue to strive after your in?

That's a fact!
Amen, a pure perfect fact

I don't understand your comment.
I have been in christian chatrooms for numerous years now, I have come to find that most who attack osas attack it because they hate calvinistic teaching. So they hate anything that may even prove anything they say is right, and since osas is usually associated with calvinism, I just asked if that is the reason for your rejections.

I prefer to call it eternal security, to be honest I never heard of osas until I joined a christian chat a few years ago

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 4 is talking about jews who returned to law. Because they law is where their faith always was, they never had true faith in Christ, however they did taste the gift and become partake ts as anyone who fellowships with gods people do, the author is trying to state a fact, according to the law salvation had to be earned, if you fell away you had to be re-saved by the works of the law. In grace it’s not
If you try grace and the church out, and fall away from the truth, you will never come back. Because no one ever does. They went back to where their real faith was, the law. And when you return, you put Jesus to open shame

the law plus grace never saved anyone

Plus you never continue the passage

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

Notice, it does not say it is cursed it says it is near to being cursed, much like Paul in corinthians speaks of the one who is saved, even as through fire.

salvation can not be lost. To teach it can puts Christ to shame, how dare you
So you're admitting Jews could be saved and then lost?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not security and it is definitely not eternal
Sure it is eternal security. Nobody can force us to forsake Jesus!
that’s hope in self, and your ability to strive, not in God you perfected forever you who are being sanctified, i a, confident of this very think that he who began a good work WILL complete it until the day of Christ.

I wi h you had that faith in Christ and not yourself
Now you're saying I'm not a Christian?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every person who HEARS the Word of God;
IS Enlightened,
IS Given Measures of Faith,
IS "Tasting" blessings of the "Gift of the Holy Spirit",

That IS "partaking".
They can "claim"...with their Minds thought to believe....

And...did you NOT notice...
Judas partook...
Peter partook and denied Him...
His Disciples partook and Doubted Him...
Crowds of people gathered to Hear Jesus Speak...they partook...Many walked away Denying Belief.

What you miss is...
None of them had YET "Heartfully" Confessed Belief...

Read the Scriptures...
The ones who, wondered, who doubted, who denied... AND KEPT Following and KEPT HEARING, Increased IN Faith....AND confessed their Heartful Belief.
These became SAVED!

The others "fell from Faith (those small Measures) ...then walked away, remained in Disbelief...and Were NOT Saved.

The Warnings in Scripture...are to KEEP HEARING...(even when WHAT you are Hearing IS phenomenally Hard for your mind to believe)...
The CAUTIONARY WARNINGS ARE FOR THEM...NOT someone who has Already heartfully confessed AND received Salvation and Quickening...

Do you not Know...the Keeping of A MAN Given Salvation and Quickening...
IS NOT , by the man's power, to try really hard to "keep his gifts"...
But rather...that man's Salvation and Quickening IS KEPT by The Power of Gods Spirit that has "entered into the Saved and Quickened man."

Nothing can Supersede Gods Power and UNDO a gift God has given that man and God Keeps for that man.

The Gift of Salvation is a Gift the Lord has Paid for And OFFERED to Every man.
A man who Accepts His Offering, is Given that Gift Once and Forever.
A man who Rejects Gods Offering, looses the Gift by refusing to Accept it.
Those who partake of the Holy Spirit are God's people! And they can certainly depart from the Christian Faith.

1 Timothy 4:1 (NKJV)
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fall away from the truth, not salvation

eternal life is eternal. Not conditional. And paul said I have it right here and right now, that is the basis of my hope which is the root of my faith

if you do not have faith you have eternal life, your hope is in something other than the promise of God, and that’s not salvic faith
Great! You can do anything you like and still be saved! Right? I guess that's why many OSASers live like the Devil and still profess to be Christians.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great! You can do anything you like and still be saved! Right? I guess that's why many OSASers live like the Devil and still profess to be Christians.
Ahh, the license crap

pits funny, you believe you can do anything you want, you just confess your sin and do what else? And your ok

John said christians can’t live like the devil

once again, you prove you have no concept of salvation and the power which comes

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh, the license crap

pits funny, you believe you can do anything you want, you just confess your sin and do what else? And your ok

John said christians can’t live like the devil

once again, you prove you have no concept of salvation and the power which comes
But many do live like the Devil because they believe they can't fall away. They've been duped.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to "interpret". The partook of the Holy Spirit. They were God's people.a
anyone who walks into a church or a body of Christ partakes of the Holy Spirit.

What is that supposed to mean?
Your trusting your ability to keep,striving, not Christs ability to keep you

why do you trust self and not Christ? What kind of hope is that?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I continually quote Scripture. Don't you read them?
Jesus said eat the food which endures forever, which one can eat and not die, whoever eats will never hunger or thirst, never die, live forever, and assured they will be ressurected by Christ not delivered to him

let’s start here, John 6, what part says we can die? Or will hunger? That we may not be saved?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
The Bible says it's a process . . .

The Scriptures assure us that we as Christians are ALREADY SAVED (Rom. 5:1, 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8)
This is Initial Salvation – God give us the initial grace to believe.

However, because Salvation is a LIFELONG process – it ALSO says that I am BEING SAVED (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14). This is Ongoing Sanctification – God is sanctifying us throughout our life as we cooperate with his grace.

Because of this, I have the hope that I WILL BE SAVED (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).
This is Final Sanctification/Salvation – We die and go to heaven having endured to the end.

Oxymoron...not Scriptural.

Salvation and Quickening is A GIFT to Those who Confess HEARTFUL Belief.

THE PROCESS...
For a Beginner...is HEARING, receiving Enlightenment...(believing, wondering, doubting, denying, wavering).
He who continues HEARING, continues receiving measures of FAITH, ( A gift from God...FOR HEARING ).

A man who REJECTS and STOPS HEARING has fallen from faith.

He who continues HEARING, is being prepared to CONFESS heartful belief...
And he who DOES Confess heartful belief, BECOMES FORGIVEN,
BECOMES soul SAVED,
BECOMES spirit QUICKENED.
Converted...
PERIOD....DONE DEAL...once and forever.

THE NEXT PROCESS for such a Converted man....WHICH IS LIFE LONG...
IS that MAN....HIS JOB....
IS TO MAKE HIS "carnal minds thoughts"...
SUBSERVANT TO "his NEW spirits thoughts".

A man "KEEPING" his Salvation the Lord has Gifted him...
AND
A man "KEEPING" his Born Again spirit the Lord has Gifted him...

IS KEPT BY THE INDWELLING POWER / SPIRIT OF GOD, in that converted man.

Doing Works to KEEP your salvation, Trying really hard, continuing to sin, repeatedly asking for Forgiveness for sins one claims to Commit... IS ALL hogwash, FOR A Converted man.

Status
Not open for further replies.