Is anyone else a Seer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A distinction without a difference.

And it’s sad you ignored my experience, which was not God’s plan!
I did not ignore your experience. I am saying your experience was the spirit of Christ showing you something. You were not brought into the future.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may indeed hold true for some people. How well do we see or understand the things of God?
Re 3:18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
What is this "eyesalve" if not the Holy Spirit?
I stay out of the book of Revelation. Most of it is referring to Israel and it's written in all kinds of figures of speech and parables.

Reactions: amadeus

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul actually said to "earnestly desire the BEST or Greater = Gifts"... not just "desire spiritual Gifts". 1 Cor 12:31,
And as I said the "BEST, GREATER" and this RSV is the best translation "HIGHER GIFTS" are the ones in that 1 Cor 12:28-31 list which are SPIRITUAL. The ones NOT spiritual are the doma/gifts of the five fold ministry. Those gifts aren't "spiritual" because they aren't even available to ALL. They are soulish talents and are knit into the brains of those whom God is gifting as 'presents' from conception. They were the 'ministry' gifts Paul evaluated in Eph 4:8, 11.

EPH 4:8 Therefore it is said, "When he ascended on high he led a host of captives, and he gave gifts/doma to men."
EPH 4:11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,

1390 doma: a present

And here is something interesting..

The most Carnal body of believers in the entire New Testament, are the Corinthian Christians.

Really? Got a scripture to back that? I have one to refute it.

1 Cor 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.
40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

So here we have Paul, after correcting their errors telling them to COVET even more the spiritual gift of "prophesy" and to "NOT FORBID SPEAKING IN TONGUES."

DOES YOUR CHURCH ENCOURAGE TONGUES like Paul just did? I doubt it because being spiritual and immature still makes things get messy. But I'll take immature spiritual messes like Corinth had along with the rebukes those older and WALKING in these things better than those who have no testimony to a truly spiritual walk at all when it comes to these MANIFESTATIONS/GIFTS FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD.

They were spiritually ignorant, mean spirited, full of gossip and strife.... and "picked sides" against each other..>"no i LIKE THIS ONE"... vs.. "NO I LIKE THAT ONE"..
Paul was amazed that this carnal group, had no idea that """Jesus is in them... """"
I'm quoting SCRIPTURE to refute your fundaMENTAL OPINION above

1CO 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

I just wish he would have said "spiritually ignorant" in this verse . 'I think' it would have fit hand in glove with your above quote, 'don't you think' so also?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not ignore your experience. I am saying your experience was the spirit of Christ showing you something. You were not brought into the future.
What is your problem? I never said I was brought into the future.

You obviously have issues with this topic. I received a revelation from God. You wanting to call it something else is irrelevant.

Compare my experience to Jonah. He went to Nineveh to get them to repent or be destroyed. Jonah is called a prophet even though his prophecy did not materialize. This is because God does not want destruction, he wants repentance. The very same with my doctor.

This is why God have Jonah and me prophecy, to get people to turn to him. Praise God!

Reactions: Hillsage

One 2 question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
K

You obviously have issues with this topic. I received a revelation from God. You wanting to call it something else is irrelevant.

Compare my experience to Jonah. He went to Nineveh to get them to repent or be destroyed. Jonah is called a prophet even though his prophecy did not materialize. This is because God does not want destruction, he wants repentance. The very same with my doctor.

This is why God have Jonah and me prophecy, to get people to turn to him. Praise God!
Keep prophesying. It is a great ability Jesus has given to mankind for mankind. God is sharing His thoughts with us. What a fantastic privilege it is to have the Almighty impart knowledge to us so that we can share it with others.

One 2 question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I received a revelation from God.
Thanks for sharing them with us and others. There will always be mockers and unbelievers amongst us. Those of us who have ears to hear and eyes to see will receive God's thoughts and God's words given directly to you for us. Be bold and courageous, prophesy as one of the many prophets Jesus has added to His church for the benefit of the church.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have no problem. I am responding to you responding to me saying yours was not God saying what he was going to do, but rather info about your Doc. And you said this in the middle of a conversation (from where you responded to me) that was talking about seeing into the future. Now if you can't play nice... than don't comment on my posts. Because if you do I will reply.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I work for God....God doesn't work for his servants very often, nor should He.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I woke one morning with a vivid vision of Yugoslavia - Gravestones with folks trapped behind them and Western Engineers coming in with the tools to release them. This was 6 months before the devastating war broke out in the country. I contacted the Slavic Gospel Mission and passed the warning on.

There needs to be some reliable way of submitting and vetting such messages - it wouldn't be hard to do - our Pastor used to do this - all offerings were submitted to him - sometimes they made sense when he fitted together what was bought independently from different individuals. We need this... as the Prophets need to be subject to the Prophets.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
English Standard Version
Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.

Your verse has a context.

Here it is @Carl Emerson
-
-

English Standard Version
But earnestly desire the HIGHER gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.

Berean Standard Bible
But eagerly desire the greater gifts. And now I will show you the most excellent way.

Berean Literal Bible
But earnestly desire the GREATER gifts. And I show to you now a more surpassing way.

King James Bible
But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

New King James Version
But earnestly desire the BEST gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

New American Standard Bible
But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And yet, I am going to show you a far better way.

NASB 1995
But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

NASB 1977
But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

Contemporary English Version
I want you to desire the BEST gifts. So I will show you a much better way.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But be zealous for the BETTER gifts. And I shew unto you yet a more excellent way.

English Revised Version
But desire earnestly the gifts. And a still more excellent way shew I unto you.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
You [only] want the better gifts, but I will show you the best thing to do.

Good News Translation
Set your hearts, then, on the MORE IMPORTANTgifts. Best of all, however, is the following way.

International Standard Version
Keep on desiring the better gifts. And now I will show you the best way of all.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your verse has a context.

Here it is @Carl Emerson
-
-

English Standard Version
But earnestly desire the HIGHER gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.

Berean Standard Bible
But eagerly desire the greater gifts. And now I will show you the most excellent way.

Berean Literal Bible
But earnestly desire the GREATER gifts. And I show to you now a more surpassing way.

King James Bible
But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

New King James Version
But earnestly desire the BEST gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

New American Standard Bible
But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And yet, I am going to show you a far better way.

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

Contemporary English Version
I want you to desire the BEST gifts. So I will show you a much better way.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But be zealous for the BETTER gifts. And I shew unto you yet a more excellent way.

English Revised Version
But desire earnestly the gifts. And a still more excellent way shew I unto you.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
You [only] want the better gifts, but I will show you the best thing to do.

Good News Translation
Set your hearts, then, on the MORE IMPORTANTgifts. Best of all, however, is the following way.

International Standard Version
Keep on desiring the better gifts. And now I will show you the best way of all.

What point are you trying to make ?

By the way you are quoting another verse - I quoted 1 Cor 14:1

English Standard Version
Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.

Berean Standard Bible
Earnestly pursue love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.

Berean Literal Bible
Earnestly pursue love, and earnestly desire spiritual gifts, and especially that you might prophesy.

King James Bible
Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hillsage

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amos 3:7

Certainly the Lord God does nothing
Unless He reveals His secret plan
To His servants the prophets.
I will bet you my car (Mercedes) that for the New Testament Prophets just speak the Word for people. And then there's this...

1 Peter 1:10-12
Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified before-hand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

This secret concerning the body of Christ was hidden in God, and this is why the prophets who spoke and wrote God’s Word had to search diligently to find out the length of time that was between “the sufferings of Christ, and the glory.” They could not find anything to tell them if the glory would follow the sufferings immediately, or if there would be a period of time between them. The prophets revealed “the sufferings” and saw the glory that followed, but they did not know “what” it was or the length of time between “the sufferings” and the appearing of Christ, and that is what those prophets searched diligently to find.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You told us that you let the scripture speak for itself.
So here you go...

""""But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet i show you a more excellent way..""""

Excellent - and you appreciate that one Scripture cannot void another - and that Paul penned 1 Cor 14 after the verse you quote.

It is not a matter of 'either or' it is a matter of 'both and'.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
DOES YOUR CHURCH ENCOURAGE TONGUES like Paul just did?

My church encourages praise and prayer, bible study, helping the poor, missionary work, and divine fellowship.

With the understanding that there is a difference between a "Gift of Tongues" and a "Prayer Language", my church does not put an emphasis on it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Excellent - and you appreciate that one Scripture cannot void another - and that Paul penned 1 Cor 14 after the verse you quote.

It is not a matter of 'either or' it is a matter of 'both and'.

A scripture can seem to void another verse, if they are both read like a dictionary, according to the natural mind.

But if they are rightly divided, according to discernment, and we study the verses "by comparing scripture with scripture", then verses harmonize.

Either way... if one verse says....... "black", and 345 other verse in the NT, that are regarding the same topic say, "Red", then we dont try to prove the 345 verses are wrong, based one the one that seems to disagree.

You'll notice that heretics try to make the entire NT teach their cult theology, that is aways 3-5 verses, and always taken out of context.

People do this mostly with Matthew, James, and Hebrews.

John Calvin did this by redefining "God's foreknowledge" as "Pre-destined" and created an entire Cross rejecting God accusing Theology based on that one situation.