Does God love burning people in hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I say
f**k
you God I don’t want you to work in my life will he?
He may, and he may not. It depends on... Him and His purposes. It is certainly possible that He may be using whatever you do or say to ultimately draw you unto Himself.

Many people limit God, it’s always been a two way street.
Ah! God's actions demand responsibility from people, that is for sure. But in this very statement, you are limiting God. You see? You don't mean to be, of course, but you're actually doing what you yourself implicitly say ~ and I agree ~ cannot be done.

Willingly to let God work on your heart, reach out to Him.
Sure! But, as I said a few moments ago, the will (mind) follows the heart. Without fail. In any one person, God may leave the heart in its natural condition... but He may, through the working of His Spirit, change it... make it alive to Him... begin a good work in that person. This is His prerogative as our Creator. And if He does the latter, He will bring it to completion at the day of Christ.

The street of him wanting us to desire him by reaching out speaking through the creation, and for us to reach out to him to help us. Jesus did that.
giphy.gif

<chuckles> :)

Grace and peace to you, Matthew.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He may, and he may not. It depends on... Him and His purposes. It is certainly possible that He may be using whatever you do or say to ultimately draw you unto Himself.
If a person is denying God access to their heart. Will the darkness inside of a person be gotten rid of?

Matthew 6:3 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
Ah! God's actions demand responsibility from people, that is for sure. But in this very statement, you are limiting God.
Allowing God to be who he is, and no expecting him to do anything is not limiting God. God chooses when he will interact right? He can help a person by the spirit who is allowing Him to.

From my understanding if a person doesn’t have faith; God is not pleased anyway; will God help them?

Hebrews 11:6
“and apart from faith it is impossible to please well, for it behoveth him who is coming to God to believe that He is, and to those seeking Him He becometh a rewarder.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11‬:‭6‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Sure he could help them by sending a person to bring forth light to them, and then they may decide.

Hmmm, maybe God is really and he is my Father if I become adopted by faith in Christ, and then the spirit moves in.

That is what happened to me, and I suppose everyone else, unless God forced himself… it’s just like God didn’t force himself on Jesus; but Jesus accepted the holy spirt as it came upon him and did not leave him.

The Baptism of Jesus​

9 rIn those days Jesus scame from Nazarethof Galilee and was baptized by John in theJordan. 10 And when he came up out of thewater, immediately he tsaw uthe heavensbeing torn open vand the Spirit descending onhim like a dove. 11 And wa voice came fromheaven, x“You are my beloved Son;1 with you Iam well pleased.”

The Baptism of Jesus​

13 kThen Jesus came lfrom Galilee to theJordan to John, to be baptized by him. 14 mJohnwould have prevented him, saying, “I need to bebaptized by you, and do you come to me?” 15 ButJesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thusit is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.”Then he consented. 16 And when Jesus wasbaptized, immediately he went up from thewater, and behold, othe heavens were openedto him,1 and he psaw the Spirit of Goddescending like a dove and coming to rest onhim; 17 and behold, qa voice from heaven said,r“This is my beloved Son,2 with whom I amwell pleased.”

21 Now when all the people were baptized,and when cJesus also had been baptized andwas praying, dthe heavens were opened, 22 andethe Holy Spirit descended on him in bodilyform, like a dove; and fa voice came fromheaven, g“You are my beloved Son;1 with you Iam well pleased.”2

I don’t think you understood.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two way street.

Jesus called out to God and God who was reaching down helped him by the spirit.

A street has one way to go down, and the other street has one to go up.

That is how I believe God works, but perhaps others do not, and God possessed and take over people to do his will without willingly participation.

God is reaching down talking to his creation through many avenues,

It’s up to them to respond to the calling or not. He has a desire to adopt himself children.

“And ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God doth dwell in you; and if any one hath not the Spirit of Christ — this one is not His; and if Christ [is] in you, the body, indeed, [is] dead because of sin, and the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness, and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you. So, then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh; for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live; for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God; for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a spirit of adoption in which we cry, ‘Abba — Father.’ The Spirit himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God;”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭9‬-‭16‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

C0F1E154-9CB4-4A15-80EC-689743E284F6.png

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is denying God access to their heart.
Do you not think God is powerful enough to overcome that? We clearly read that God's purposes cannot be thwarted... And... well, in Matthew's gospel, we read, "... the disciples..." (asked)... "Who then can be saved?' But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"

Will the darkness inside of a person be gotten rid of?
Possibly, yes. If God purposes to do so, for sure.

From my understanding if a person doesn’t have faith; God is not pleased anyway...
Sure, Matthew, but who ~ Who ~ is the giver of faith? Paul answers that clearly in Ephesians 2:8-9, saying, "...by grace you have been saved through faith... (a)nd this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast..."

...will God help them?
Again, possibly.

...he could help them by sending a person to bring forth light to them, and then they may decide.
It's the Holy Spirit who gives us life, Matthew, Who causes us to be born again. As Paul says just a verse or two before what I cited above, "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loves us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ..." And Peter says, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope... to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

Hmmm, maybe God is really and he is my Father if I become adopted by faith in Christ, and then the spirit moves in.
See above. Clearly and unmistakeably, it's the Spirit Who "moves in," which then enables us who were dead to do so. This is what Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3: "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

That is what happened to me, and I suppose everyone else, unless God forced himself…
"Forced Himself..." Ugh. It's about who He extends his mercy to, who he has compassion upon, Matthew. Certainly, call it what you want, however misguided that may be. I'm just going to quote God's Word here and implore you to read it over and over again, as many times as it takes:

"Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For He says to Moses, 'I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.' So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, Who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharoah, 'For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My Name might be proclaimed in all the earth.' So then He has mercy on whomever He wills, and He hardens whomever He wills. You will say to me then, 'Why does he still find fault? For who can resist His will?' But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, 'Why have you made me like this?' Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show His wrath and to make known His power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of His glory for vessels of mercy, which He has prepared beforehand for glory ~ even us whom He has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?"

I don’t think you understood.
<chuckles>

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Forced Himself..." Ugh. It's about who He extends his mercy to, who he has compassion upon, Matthew. Certainly, call it what you want, however misguided that may be. I'm just going to quote God's Word here and implore you to read it over and over again, as many times as it takes:
hello Pinseeker

God has chosen (in my opinion) to extend his entire mercy on the world by having Jesus Christ pay for sin. Not only paying for sin, but having victory over all things now today. Death, hell, Satan and his angels, sin, the false prophet, the beast. Even the wrath of God has been dealt out and cup empty.

All taken care of now today.

(That doesn’t mean a person got it easy? They still have to die to themselves, and fight the spiritual forces of the world, and ask God to help them overcome by the spirit which he deserves credit for)

God is the savior of all people now today even those who don’t believe but especially if those who believe.

What do you have here? Faithless but taken care of given life to breathe, faithful and taken care of by the spirit.

Would the make the inside, and outside of the kingdom of heaven plausible for God to have set up (For His Good Purposes).

What you decide to make of this? This will be between you and God.

Not between you and me

It’s obvious to me we don’t have the same perception and that’s OK. I love you for who you are and I am glad you are a brother in Christ or a sister in Christ.

But I’m not gonna sit here and continue to go back-and-forth with you anymore.

May your fellowship be with the Father and the son and peace be with you too, Pinseeker.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s pleasing to be a, lose heretically known person than to be a dogmatic person who could fathom worshiping a God who says f all to the rest choosing only some and the rest for hell fire damnation burning alive forever.

Get out of my face with that, but if you believe it; Maybe God will honor a person like that far more than me; cause I’m better off burning anyway for getting the message wrong.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However if the message truly is to love God and love others and share the message of the gospel of Christ which is the power of God unto salvation, by the spirit, with the victory of Jesus Christ already intact.

It’s a far more different message than those waiting for Jesus to still come back now today.

It’s literally Great News.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has chosen (in my opinion) to extend his entire mercy on the world by having Jesus Christ pay for sin.
Well, Christ's work on the cross was certainly sufficient for the entire world, and in that sense, He is the Savior of all. But issue is not sufficiency but efficacy. The fact that not all will be saved, that God will have mercy on whom He wills and compassion on whom He wills clearly indicates that not all will be saved. He died for those who the Father has given Him, and He will not lose even one. Jesus states this in John 6:39, saying, "And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day."

It’s obvious to me we don’t have the same perception and that’s OK.
Well, to me, also, but perhaps that will soon no longer be the case. :) But Matthew, it's not about me and you. :)

I’m not gonna sit here and continue to go back-and-forth with you anymore.
I was hoping you would get to that at some point. Go back and read the Bible for all it's worth, my friend. Not to say you haven't been trying to do that, but... you understand.

May your fellowship be with the Father and the son and peace be with you too, Pinseeker.
Thank you. Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s pleasing to be a, lose heretically known person than to be a dogmatic person who could fathom worshiping a God who says f all to the rest choosing only some and the rest for hell fire damnation burning alive forever.
Ugh. "f all"? And "hell fire damnation burning alive forever"? Cartoonish hyperbole much? :) Even after reading my last few posts? I'm not sure if this is directed at me or not, but I have been refuting those ridiculous assertions/accusations and misunderstandings all through this conversation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the encouragement. God will win, that is what my faith resides in, with the resurrection and victory of Christ, take care, love to you, @PinSeeker.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone is wondering about the original question please go ahead and click here to wrap back around to the original post;

If you are curious to my view on the lake of fire please go visit this, thread; don’t believe me though, believe the one who wrote the message John the beloved (who was revealed what was to be).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One more thing if anyone is interested.

To the views of hell out there. Buy the penguins book of hell.

Seeing the picture you may say no way that demonic thing coming into my house.

It’s a history report on all things pertaining to hell, over time.

A former grave-digger who put himself through college became a professor and put this together.image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 5

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmm, so you think He gave the thief crucified on His right false hope (at best), or lied to him (at worst)?
No, I don't. Jesus promised the thief that very day, in harmony with the test of scripture, that he would be resurrected and be with Jesus in paradise. Jesus didn't make one rule for the thief and another time for everyone else. T the resurrection is the Christians hope.
Jesus's spirit
What is the spirit?. Bible verses please.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You guys are falling apart with your inconsistency. One minute the spirit of Jesus is preaching to Noah's dead cousins, the next minute with His Father in paradise. Someone else will come along soon and have him preaching to native Americans in Utah.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People get to choose if they are going to hell by living a rotten life of hurting people.
Do you call that justice?
Eternal punishment for a finite crime. ???

The punishment as described by the church is worse
than the crime of any tyranny in human history.

Can we really ascribe such horrific behavior to our God?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know @St. SteVen Steven perhaps God does burn people forever, as the history reports have flames of fire being cast down upon the people in Jerusalem; and the destruction with plagues that infiltrated them.

I guess their story of death never really does end.

But there is hope because of their end; new convenant - the spirit, new life, compared to bondage to stone law. They may have been resurrected placed on the outside, where they wanted to be, with the lake of fire there for people to choose to go through if they want, idk if God forces them in there…

If God is good I don’t expect that force is needed.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you cal that justice?
Eternal punishment for a finite crime. ???

The punishment as described by the church is worse
than the crime of any tyranny in human history.

Can we really ascribe such horrific behaoir to our God?
You ignore the insult and offence to an infinite God.

You also ignore or blatantly misrepresent thefact that it is God who has warned us about hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.