Does God love burning people in hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the parable

The Rich Man and Lazarus​

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Reactions: QuantumBit

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gonna tell me when Jesus refers to them in hades both groups are not inside the one place? One on a paradise side and one on a prison side separated because of faithful and faithless? That was the way the realm of the dead worked. Apparently they could commune with each other, as disembodied spirits.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

'Everlasting Destruction' is a location. It is the Lake of Fire.

'Punished' means fair Justice according to the Law.

To be 'tormented to infinity' is not fair punishment. It is a severe contradiction.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God who is the savior of all people @Enoch111 who desires none to perish. Can he have his will met? Or does man have to insight it?

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gonna tell me when Jesus refers to them in hades both groups are not inside the one place? One on a paradise side and one on a prison side separated because of faithful and faithless? That was the way the realm of the dead worked. Apparently they could commune with each other, as disembodied spirits.

I will offer my opinions for what it is worth...
  • I believe Paradise is synonymous with Abraham's Bosom.
  • I believe Abraham's Bosom exists to this very day as the Throne Room.
  • Jesus went to Paradise after death.
  • I do not believe Abraham kept Prisoners.
  • The 'Great Gulf' is the Universe we exist in.
  • They communicated via something similar to the 'Door in Heaven' as we see in Revelation 4:1.
  • Torments is below us; Abraham's Bosom is above.
Ecclesiastes 3:21
"Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

The Saved go 'up'. The Unsaved go 'down'.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can all even after this life have the ability to confess the name of Jesus; which is promised to come from all tongues? Be in This life or after?

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who decides what is "fair"? God or one of His creatures? Is life fair? Is the justice system fair?

God decides during Judgment Day...

Revelation 20:13
"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

Basically, we are talking about 'reaping what has been sown'.

Yes, Life and God's Justice System is fair.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will offer my opinions for what it is worth...
  • I believe Paradise is synonymous with Abraham's Bosom.
  • I believe Abraham's Bosom exists to this very day as the Throne Room.
  • Jesus went to Paradise after death.
  • I do not believe Abraham kept Prisoners.
  • The 'Great Gulf' is the Universe we exist in.
  • They communicated via something similar to the 'Door in Heaven' as we see in Revelation 4:1.
  • Torments is below us; Abraham's Bosom is above.
Ecclesiastes 3:21
"Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

The Saved go 'up'. The Unsaved go 'down'.
To add I also believe the Word of God travels down to those in prison. As Devin shared.

Before he went to the right hand of God he had business to deal with in Paradise and prison they are both separated from God as Jesus had not be raised again yet. No one ever went to God expect Jesus first after hell.

“In like manner, the wives, be ye subject to your own husbands, that even if certain are disobedient to the word, through the conversation of the wives, without the word, they may be won, having beheld your pure behaviour in fear, whose adorning — let it not be that which is outward, of plaiting of hair, and of putting around of things of gold, or of putting on of garments, but — the hidden man of the heart, in the incorruptible thing of the meek and quiet spirit, which is, before God, of great price, for thus once also the holy women who did hope on God, were adorning themselves, being subject to their own husbands, as Sarah was obedient to Abraham, calling him ‘sir,’ of whom ye did become daughters, doing good, and not fearing any terror. The husbands, in like manner, dwelling with [them], according to knowledge, as to a weaker vessel — to the wife — imparting honour, as also being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers be not hindered. And finally, being all of one mind, having fellow-feeling, loving as brethren, compassionate, courteous, not giving back evil for evil, or railing for railing, and on the contrary, blessing, having known that to this ye were called, that a blessing ye may inherit; for ‘he who is willing to love life, and to see good days, let him guard his tongue from evil, and his lips — not to speak guile; let him turn aside from evil, and do good, let him seek peace and pursue it; because the eyes of the Lord [are] upon the righteous, and His ears — to their supplication, and the face of the Lord [is] upon those doing evil;’ and who [is] he who will be doing you evil, if of Him who is good ye may become imitators? but if ye also should suffer because of righteousness, happy [are ye]! and of their fear be not afraid, nor be troubled, and the Lord God sanctify in your hearts. And [be] ready always for defence to every one who is asking of you an account concerning the hope that [is] in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that in that in which they speak against you as evil-doers, they may be ashamed who are traducing your good behaviour in Christ; for [it is] better doing good, if the will of God will it, to suffer, than doing evil; because also Christ once for sin did suffer — righteous for unrighteous — that he might lead us to God, having been put to death indeed, in the flesh, and having been made alive in the spirit, in which also to the spirits in prison having gone he did preach, who sometime disbelieved, when once the long-suffering of God did wait, in days of Noah — an ark being preparing — in which few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water; also to which an antitype doth now save us — baptism, (not a putting away of the filth of flesh, but the question of a good conscience in regard to God,) through the rising again of Jesus Christ,”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬-‭21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

I see it as like an apartment building.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God who elected those who he would save, disregarding everyone else, and send them to be burning and screaming and literal flames?

Is he loving for doing so; ?

just to notice hell/ and lake of fire are two differing things.
He came to earth and died for them.

Thats how much he loved them, if they chose to reject him, thats on them

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s all people are raised from the dead and either go inside or outside the kingdom.

@Enoch111 I don’t believe Jesus ever commanded me to do anything through the entire narrative of the Bible.

What do you think of that?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe so please check this article out.

Truth hurts and hard to accept.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It’s all people are raised from the dead and either go inside or outside the kingdom @Enoch111 I don’t believe Jesus ever commanded me to do anything through the entire narrative of the Bible. What do you think of that?
1. You are thoroughly confused.
2. God now COMMANDS all men everywhere to repent (which includes you). And since Jesus is God, He commands you as much as anyone else.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. You are thoroughly confused.
2. God now COMMANDS all men everywhere to repent (which includes you). And since Jesus is God, He commands you as much as anyone else.
I don’t think so. There are lessons learned through but no commandment ever given to me to do anything. The Bible is a spiritual road map for the individual seeker. No where in the Bible does Jesus ever address you directly or in the epistle letters.

If A person chooses to repent and turn to God so they did, but they are not commanded to do anything other than the two greatest right? Love God and love others. They were not commanded for me to do, but I’d choose to love God and do them, does that make me wrong for doing so?

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before he went to the right hand of God he had business to deal with in Paradise and prison they are both separated from God as Jesus had not be raised again yet. No one ever went to God expect Jesus first after hell.

Here is something you might find interesting...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

The above verse is teaching that the 'Lowest Parts of the Earth' is euphemism for the Womb from which we all came.

Now, add what we learned to this...

Ephesians 4:9
"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

If the 'Lower/Lowest Parts of the Earth' is synonymous with the Womb, then the above verse is simply stating that Jesus first descended into the Womb of Mary to incarnate...

John 3:13
"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

We can see that Jesus 'descended' or came down from Heaven to be birthed. Thus, Ephesians 4:9 is not referring to an event that happened after Jesus died.

...in which also to the spirits in prison having gone he did preach, who sometime disbelieved...

Different context. Jesus went to preach to the Unsaved after they died in order to give them another chance to be born as Christians.

Jesus did that to all of us who are Saved.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different context. Jesus went to preach to the Unsaved after they died in order to give them another chance to be born as Christians.

Jesus did that to all of us who are Saved.
This is not true. he went to show them their fate was sealed.

No one who rejected God in this lifetime would reject him in the next after they have seen the truth of the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.