Church Bashing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then the men who repeat it as the word from God, saying God says (thus says that the Lord) unbelievers will be tormented and in torment forever in an eternal life of torment, what crazy thing are they saying and for what sort of reason? They were taught it and they repeat it, saying it is what God has said. And they insist it is the truth and defend a lie…for what crazy reason?

Call me crazy, say I'm just repeated what I've been told if that gives you some relief. I just believe what I read in the Bible.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, that judgment is written in the Word.

Much love!

No… that judgement is not written in the word. Men have interpreted it is there without taking the whole counsel of God. It is absolutely not there.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No… that judgement is not written in the word. Men have interpreted it is there without taking the whole counsel of God. It is absolutely not there.
There are specific statements made that tell us this. Shall we ignore those thinking other verses show them wrong?

everlasting life / everlasting torment / torment in the sense that fear has torment

This is basic stuff.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OR, I bristle against a judgement of men that speaks wrongly of God.
So if you were to find that the Bible actually does teach that people last forever, and sinners will be in eternal torment, then you would be OK with it?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that’s being very wise.
And that’s why we aren’t to judge and condemn unbelievers.
Which is what is done by some of the leaven of men when it is taught and swallowed.
Be wise.

We need to remember our limitations and our place.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are specific statements made that tell us this. Shall we ignore those thinking other verses show them wrong?

everlasting life / everlasting torment / torment in the sense that fear has torment

This is basic stuff.

Much love!

Should we go over it again? What you say is basic stuff (all men live forever) is not in there. What is in there is that there’s only one way to eternal life.

Reactions: Brakelite and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What could I have said that would give you the impression that I would sit in judgment over God's sense of justice?
I don't think that of you. I'm wanting to point to the infinite gap between He and us, His mind and our minds.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call me crazy, say I'm just repeated what I've been told if that gives you some relief. I just believe what I read in the Bible.

Much love!

Do you? The Bible says there is only one way to eternal life.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we go over it again? What you say is basic stuff (all men live forever) is not in there. What is in there is that there’s only one way to eternal life.
What is basic stuff is what I said . . . everlasting life, and everlasting torment. Are they everlasting? OR not?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eternal life
I'm talking about eternal death, which you interpret as cessation of existence, even though the Bible is replete with examples of those who continued to exist though they died.

When you use different definitions of death in different places, you are moving the goalposts, and making the Word plastic, moldable.

Much love!