Church Bashing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you judge God according to yourself assuming your justice is higher.

That's what you just did.

Men are sloppy and weak and care for themselves, and pretend a mercy that they will give a murderer but not a baby, that they'll save a dog but not a man.

I read today that a man was released on bail following raping a 15 year old boy, and this is higher than God?

You bristle against a judgment you don't understand, and maybe I'm right, and maybe I'm wrong, but I fear the Lord.

Much love!
Wow! What a swerve! Nice soap box, too. Don't you think some of that sermon should be directed away from the choir? I mean, really, now.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! What a swerve! Nice soap box, too. Don't you think some of that sermon should be directed away from the choir? I mean, really, now.
Thank you . . . I think!

I'm speaking of humanity in general.

I don't care to try to determine Christian doctrine based on how I feel about things, or my own opinions of things. I try as much as I can to learn what the Bible says, and then accept that as reality.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think any of us have a better sense of justice than does God?

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who understands the true nature of evil and sin? Who understands what rebellion against God looks like from His point of view? Who is it who understands with certainty the righteous judgment of God?

Who?

Now that’s being very wise.
And that’s why we aren’t to judge and condemn unbelievers.
Which is what is done by some of the leaven of men when it is taught and swallowed.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men have mixed and confused righteousness and holiness and the result has been no fear of Gods holiness at all. But, I do understand that God chooses who He will bring into His holiness and they perform miracles and walk IN the Spirit rather than just being led by the Spirit. And that’s not you and I. I haven’t even met such a man and it’s because we are very weak, having not even made distinction between what is holy and what is not. We’ve been taught to say every one of us is holy when we haven’t even learned what righteousness is!
God's will for you is your sanctification, which is another way of saying making holy. Jesus is made unto us sanctification, again, another way of saying making holy.

All of us. Not some of us. And as a renewed life. If you believe you cannot walk in the Spirit outside of something being done "to you", then where is the admonition to walk in Spirit?

This is an imperative. Command voice. So, my question is, is this command commanding something you cannot do?

Much love!

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think any of us have a better sense of justice than does God?

Much love!
Nope. That's why I keep His holy Sabbath on the 7th day of the week. (As long as we're talking about using "how" and "why" to get out of the "what" being very insightful :p)

What could I have said that would give you the impression that I would sit in judgment over God's sense of justice? Especially since I find myself in agreement with Him. You're giving the impression that God might have convicted me that He's the type of god that would torture for zillions of years folks who've only had 1000 years or less to sin and that I might have rejected that conviction. I've had to do my due diligence to rightly divide the "eternal torment" thing and the "God is love" thing and I simply think most Christians have a very unfortunate misunderstanding of what His intentions are toward His created beings. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So again it comes out we have different ideas about God.

Is this one of those verses which you think God put there to trap the hypocrits?

I believe God is telling us to do what He intends for us to do, and what He's made possible for us to do. Not dishonest.

Much love!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who understands the true nature of evil and sin? Who understands what rebellion against God looks like from His point of view? Who is it who understands with certainty the righteous judgment of God?

Who?
Is it really a zero-sum equation or could there be varying degrees of this understanding? And if so, couldn't it be that some understand it better than others? I mean, if you think there's nothing for us to talk about, why not just say so? :)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot's of people do all sorts of crazy things for all sorts of reasons.

Much love!

And then the men who repeat it as the word from God, saying God says (thus says that the Lord) unbelievers will be tormented and in torment forever in an eternal life of torment, what crazy thing are they saying and for what sort of reason? They were taught it and they repeat it, saying it is what God has said. And they insist it is the truth and defend a lie…for what crazy reason?

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say such a thing could not be because you consider it cruel.

Much love!

No…I say such a thing is not true because scripture does not say it and men have spoken wrongly concerning this and I show from scripture that it isn’t true and they have spoken wrongly.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then the men who repeat it as the word from God, saying God says (thus says that the Lord) unbelievers will be tormented and in torment forever in an eternal life of torment, what crazy thing are they saying and for what sort of reason? They were taught it and they repeat it, saying it is what God has said. And they insist it is the truth and defend a lie…for what crazy reason?
Actually, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the King James translators (at least) were biased in favor of it.