Church Bashing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a given. But it is living in torment -- eternal separation from God. That is exactly what the Bible says. "Oh, we believe the Bible is the Word of God, but we do not believe this. We pick and choose what to believe and what not to believe".

Do not think you don’t also do that. Because it also says there is only one way to eternal life and it also suggests a type of “purgatory” that at least some will not come out of until they’ve paid the last farthing since they did not forgive a debt once theirs was forgiven. So…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hah! Loving his video @BarnyFife ! He says “preponderance of evidence” just as I do! :)
And I find more evidence for even the #2 view he gives than for eternal torment.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. It was essentially. Because to be tormented forever you have to live forever.
You continue to use "live" as equal to "exist", and that's not how the Bible uses the words.

And it's not the same question. It seems you cannot think of it a different way.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or another way of saying, yes but God has ALSO said, and working out from there. Even if you don’t understand every verse at first, you can go with the preponderance of evidence first.

If you think there is a conflict, I suggest you don't understand the evidence. Harmony between the passages, not ignoring one because you think it doesn't fit.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if you don’t understand every verse at first, you can go with the preponderance of evidence first.
What I do is sort out the ambiguous from the unambiguous, and use the clear to show the meaning of the less than clear.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was more interested in what systematic theology @David H. was referring to. I din't know how that related to knowing when someone speaks falsely of you.

Each of us has a system and method that we come to understand God. Some use fundamentalism, others rely on experience, some rely on a manmade system of theology such as Calvinism or Wesleyanism. There are numerous systems that man can try to understand God, but he does not limit himself to one approach or the other to reveal himself to us. To limit this to your brand of systematic theology is to judge others as false. So your theology leads you to scripture, nothing wrong with that, But when you judge others because they do not conform to your system of theology then you are not in fellowship with your brethren and are denying the growth that comes from this fellowship. In other words, you will forever be stuck in the "we know in Part" because you are not making room for the Parts other believers have been revealed.

So for example, you deny the distinction between the faithful and saints, and in doing this, you are denying a deeper and fuller understanding of the who the saints are in Revelation (The book that mentions the saints the most), and how the church relates to the saints. Thus your system of theology closes the door to the revelation that comes from fellowship with other believers.

It is easy to fellowship with the likeminded for there is agreement there, but fellowship with those who are not likeminded is a true blessing once you recognize in humility we learn, in exhortation and rebuke and reproof we grow in our understanding. Fellowshipping and limiting yourself to the likeminded has led to the denominationalism we see in the Modern church and the warfare between these denominations. My rebuke of this mindset comes with an exhortation to fully employ Paul's "more excellent way", and that is the way of Love (1 Corinthians 13). This is what marks the church of the saints.

Reactions: BarneyFife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each of us has a system and method that we come to understand God. Some use fundamentalism, others rely on experience, some rely on a manmade system of theology such as Calvinism or Wesleyanism.

your brand of systematic theology

This is your way to catagorize and dismiss others. Nothing more than that.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You continue to use "live" as equal to "exist", and that's not how the Bible uses the words.

And it's not the same question. It seems you cannot think of it a different way.

Much love!

Actually, I can. Oh my gosh…oh my gosh… I’m watching this absolutely wonderful talk by E. L. Fudge, who Barney fife brought to my attention. There are 3 views he gives. I think they all are right…! it’s tying in to what my friend says about 4 directions a man could go, with one of the rivers completely drying up…leaving 3 eternal destinies…
Except…oh, it’s rattling around! I’ll be back. I want to finish the video now.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think there is a conflict, I suggest you don't understand the evidence. Harmony between the passages, not ignoring one because you think it doesn't fit.

Much love!

Oh, tsk, you don’t see it. That’s exactly what I’ve been saying! Don’t ignore ANY!
This has been going on forever - even back to arguing about where Messiah would come from! They argued over it (does anything good come from Nazareth?? Read the scriptures and see for yourself, no prophet comes from Galilee!! He must come from Bethlehem you Idjit!! No, it says God calls Him from Egypt!)
All were RIGHT! Every view was RIGHT! Don’t you see?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh…
When men say there’s a “purgatory”, they’re right. For some.
When men say there’s annihilation, they’re right. For some.
When men say there’s an outer darkness, eternal shame, they’re right. For some.
Does anyone else see it…?
Consuming fire is right.
Cleansing fire is right.
The only one not right, (at least for humans) is eternal torment fire…
Gah…this will take me awhile…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only one not right, (at least for humans) is eternal torment fire…
" . . . and these shall go away into everlasting torment, but the righteous into everlasting life."

But somehow it doesn't mean that.

Matthew 25:41 EMTV
"Then He will also say to those on the left, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unrighteous into eternal fire, the righteous into eternal life. 2 options.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just the same, you continue to comingle.

Much love!

Tsk.
You will not come out until you pay the last farthing/saved but as through fire. Purgatorial. For some.
Kill body and soul. Annihilation. For some.
Outer darkness, eternal shame. For some.