Church Bashing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have an incomplete understanding. You have ignored some of it. You insist and insist though.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tsk.
You will not come out until you pay the last farthing/saved but as through fire. Purgatorial. For some.
Kill body and soul. Annihilation. For some.
Outer darkness, eternal shame. For some.
Meritorious suffering. How is that supposed to work? I know how suffering works here, in life, as we make choices, and have consquences, and make different choices.

How would it be in your purgatory? How does that work?

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you think that's a bit cruel for a mere lifetime of sin?

Much love!

I don’t know. Would one rather be annihilated or live in shame eternally? But you don’t see something. It isn’t unbelievers who will be in outer darkness.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know. Would one rather be annihilated or live in shame eternally? But you don’t see something. It isn’t unbelievers who will be in outer darkness.
Actually, having read a lot of @Episkopos 's posts, I know what you are talking about. Fortunately you are much nicer, and much more consistent than I've found him to be.

Yes, you think God will do that to His children, something I find truly contrary to the Bible.

Once again, rightly dividing comes into play. We need to understand whom is being addressed, in what time, and for what purpose. Misappropriating verses only leads to confusion, like thinking that those to whom God promised would not be ashamed, that they will be ashamed forever.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meritorious suffering. How is that supposed to work? I know how suffering works here, in life, as we make choices, and have consquences, and make different choices.

How would it be in your purgatory? How does that work?

Much love!

It works like this:
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

And like this:
23 “Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. 24 In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars. 25 He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.

26 “But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ 27 Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.

28 “But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars. He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.

29 “His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. 30 But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.

31 “When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. 32 Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34 Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.

35 “That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart.”

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, having read a lot of @Episkopos 's posts, I know what you are talking about. Fortunately you are much nicer, and much more consistent than I've found him to be.

Yes, you think God will do that to His children, something I find truly contrary to the Bible.

Once again, rightly dividing comes into play. We need to understand whom is being addressed, in what time, and for what purpose. Misappropriating verses only leads to confusion, like thinking that those to whom God promised would not be ashamed, that they will be ashamed forever.

Much love!

He is very consistent. He’s not your personal cup of tea? Fine. But he is consistent.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is very consistent. He’s not your personal cup of tea? Fine. But he is consistent.
Actually, I've found him to change his tune any number of times. Not my personal cup of tea? No, this is something very different.

I've watched as "episkopos" tears into people who disasgree with him. His words have revealed him. He calls himself "overseer". And he treats people terribly. And his teaching is unbiblical. All I've ever done to incur his anger was to point to Scriptures which disagree with what he says, and point to Scritpures that show the truth, and it triggers him and he goes off.

And I've seen the exact same thing repeat itself with others. You speak of men shrieking and howling, he's the one I see doing that.

It's not good. And I'm personally glad he hasn't been posting. It's not a good environment. So maybe you are right, he is consistent, but not in a good way.

Like I said, you and I disagree about things, but at least you are nice about it.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know. I’ll go check. :rolleyes:
See, these are lead in questions, but you just blow them off.

I think we should consider the implications of what we believe.

Why do you believe out darkness to be somewhere besides the lake of fire? What are the evidences for both views, that there is a lake of fire where some go, and an outer darkness where others go? Or not?

And where do you get that God will send His children to outer darkness?

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I've found him to change his tune any number of times. Not my personal cup of tea? No, this is something very different.

I've watched as "episkopos" tears into people who disasgree with him. His words have revealed him. He calls himself "overseer". And he treats people terribly. And his teaching is unbiblical. All I've ever done to incur his anger was to point to Scriptures which disagree with what he says, and point to Scritpures that show the truth, and it triggers him and he goes off.

And I've seen the exact same thing repeat itself with others. You speak of men shrieking and howling, he's the one I see doing that.

It's not good. And I'm personally glad he hasn't been posting. It's not a good environment.

Like I said, you and I disagree about things, but at least you are nice about it.

Much love!

Look, he IS a man. If a mob goes after a man, you would expect him to get in a few punches himself. Men punch back.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, these are lead in questions, but you just blow them off.

I think we should consider the implications of what we believe.

Why do you believe out darkness to be somewhere besides the lake of fire? What are the evidences for both views, that there is a lake of fire where some go, and an outer darkness where others go? Or not?

And where do you get that God will send His children to outer darkness?

Much love!

Darkness is dark. Fire is not dark.

You yourself have read that there is a lake of fire where some go so why are you asking for evidences that there is a lake of fire…?

And you yourself have read of an outer darkness where some go so why are you asking for evidences that there is an outer darkness…?

You aren’t even making sense to me…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, he IS a man. If a mob goes after a man, you would expect him to get in a few punches himself. Men punch back.
That's not what I'm talking about. The mob? Maybe go back and read my post again?

Some people, when you disagree, they just can't handle it.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Darkness is dark. Fire is not dark.

You yourself have read that there is a lake of fire where some go so why are you asking for evidences that there is a lake of fire…?

And you yourself have read of an outer darkness where some go so why are you asking for evidences that there is an outer darkness…?

You aren’t even making sense to me…

Much love!