Why are some interpreters not being honest with the text involving Daniel 9:27?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh I Agree. And they were accomplished.

But we are talking about Dan 9. which concerns the people of Daniel and his Holy City

You will see only what you want to see. This has been well established.

Dan 9: 24 says who this prophecy concerning.

Dan 9: 24
24 “Seventy [e]weeks are determined

For your people and for your holy city,

Its not about Christ, or for Christ.

But again, you will only see what you want.
What Scripture in Daniel was Jesus referring to concerning Himself, which was fulfilled?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So quote some from Daniel.
examples of some he did fulfill

psalms 22 - he would be pearced
psalms 118 - he would be rejected
is 52-53 - Would bear our sins
Zach 12 - He would be pearced
Zach 9 - he would come riding on a donkey
Zach 12 - Betrayed for 30 Pieces of silver
Psalms 16 - He would raise from the dead.

there are many more. but here are examples of literal things Jesus spoke of

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Make your point

Stop playing childish games. I never said he was never mentioned..
You deny that He is in Daniel 9:24.

Is there anyone else in seventeen centuries of the historic orthodox true Christian Church who denies that He is in Daniel 9:24?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I have shown about the Daniel 9 70 weeks prophecy includes many linked prophecies that directly involve it per the Book of Daniel, and Christ's Olivet discourse, and Christ's Book of Revelation, and even many Old Testament Scriptures by God's prophets about the "day of the Lord".
What you have shown is that you are a rude hothead who thinks you know it all while you know very little. Your arguments are weak.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one telling LIES against the actual Daniel 9:25-26 Scripture.
No, I absolutely am not. What lie have I told about it? Keeping in mind that a lie is something done purposely. If I'm misinterpreting it, I'm certainly not doing it on purpose. So, you are lying by saying that I'm telling lies. Which one of us is trying to redefine words to make them fit our doctrine? Not me. That is what you are doing by creating a definition for the word "after" that doesn't exist.

Dan 9:26-27
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:
and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
KJV

You... say, that Jesus' Ministry continued after the 69th week into... the 70th week fulfilling it. That is a FALSEHOOD. And it is EASY to disprove per the above Scripture.
If that's so easy to prove, why can't you do it? Do you think prove it just by saying so? LOL. Who are you trying to kid here?

For one thing the prince that shall come is Messiah the prince. It references "the prince that shall come" as if that prince was already referenced before. That's because he was in verse 25 as Messiah the prince. But, even if it wasn't a reference to the Messiah prince, the last individual in focus in the prophecy is not "the prince that shall come" in verse 26. The focus there is on THE PEOPLE of the prince, not the prince. So, the last individual in focus there is the Messiah. So, the "he" of verse 27 is the Messiah Jesus. That verse is about Jesus confirming the new covenant during the 70th week and in the midst of the 70th week He is cut off (sacrificed on the cross) which made the old covenant animal sacrifices and offerings obsolete.

Everything above in 'red' is about what that "prince that shall come" does, and is about the Roman general Titus who destroyed Jerusalem and the temple in 70 A.D.
For the sake of argument, let's assume that's true. As I said above, even if that was the case, the focus there is not on "the prince that shall come", but rather THE PEOPLE of the prince that shall come. The last individual focused on was Messiah. So, that is the "he" of Daniel 9:27.

And the Dan.9:27 verse picks up that SAME office as "the prince that shall come" with the "he" in verse 27 as a TYPE (Antichrist) for the end of this world.
In no way, shape or form is there any indication of this in the text itself. You are making this up in your imagination and not getting this from scripture.

Therefore, per the actual written Daniel 9:26-27 Scripture, it is EASY to know that Jesus' Ministry ended with the 69th week.
You're wrong, but let's say that was true. He still would have died AFTER the 69th week ended which would place His death during the 70th week. But, you can't even acknowledge that because of your extreme stubbornness.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I Agree. And they were accomplished.

But we are talking about Dan 9. which concerns the people of Daniel and his Holy City

You will see only what you want to see. This has been well established.

Dan 9: 24 says who this prophecy concerning.

Dan 9: 24
24 “Seventy [e]weeks are determined

For your people and for your holy city,

Its not about Christ, or for Christ.

But again, you will only see what you want.
Are you suggesting that reconciliation for iniquity can be made in some other way than by way of Christ's sacrifice on the cross?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews are building in the "Future" to the Messiah shown in the old testament "Jesus Christ", whom they didn't receive, the Chief cornerstone was rejected by the Jews

Does it state building unto Messiah, 100% yes

Does it state a wall and street to be built again in troublous times 100% yes the future tribulation, believe what's written don't add or take away from scripture
Those things already happened long ago. People believe that it's talking about weeks of years for good reason. It's talking about the rebuilding of the city that occurred before Jesus came the first time. Your view is complete nonsense that can't be taken seriously.

Messiah is "Cut Off" when the "Future" armies surround Jerusalem and the building unto Messish is stopped, and this didn't take place in 70AD
LOL. For one thing, I didn't say Messiah was cut off in 70 AD, I said Him being cut off represents Jesus being "cut off out of the land of the living" as prophesied in Isaiah 53:8. How does what you're saying have anything to do with Jesus? You think Jesus can be stopped by future armies? Are you serious?

The "Context" is seen all the way through verse 27 below, something you don't acknowledge in your false belief in 70AD fulfillment, that has the bad guy present on earth until the "Consummation" or "Ultimate End"
You have no clue of what the context of the prophecy is about. Your view is so far off base that it's hard to believe that you are even for real.

Do you also believe the "He" below is Jesus Christ making desolation as Covenantee and WPM believe?

Daniel 9:27KJV
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Yes, of course. I've said so many times. Jesus declare the temple to be spiritually desolate and it remained that way even until the consummation of the temple being physically destroyed.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that reconciliation for iniquity can be made in some other way than by way of Christ's sacrifice on the cross ?
Both of You seem stuck on one thing. And can not focus on the whole

Gabriel said 70 weeks are determined FOR YOUR PEOPLE AND YOUR HOLY CITY

And he said at the end of those 70 weeks all will be fulfilled.

If i say 7 things will happen. But only 1 has happened. It leaves the other 6 unfulfilled. Which means the prophecy is not yet fulfilled

for anyone to claim it is just based on that one thing, is nonsensical

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deny that He is in Daniel 9:24.
Yes I deny that HE

Because Dan 24 says THEM.

He does not equal them no matter how hard you want to make it
Is there anyone else in seventeen centuries of the historic orthodox true Christian Church who denies that He is in Daniel 9:24?
lol. The roman church denies it, and for 17 centuries the roman church was the rule of law.

so would I expect anyone in that time to believe it? No

thats why I do not take history as vital evidence of what the truth is..

The jews made this mistake. And they crucified Christ because they placed history and what the people believed over the truth.

they probably made the same argument you did, and probably asked God the same question (actually they did)

it did nto help them, it will not help you.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes I deny that HE

Because Dan 24 says THEM.

He does not equal them no matter how hard you want to make it

lol. The roman church denies it, and for 17 centuries the roman church was the rule of law.

so would I expect anyone in that time to believe it? No

thats why I do not take history as vital evidence of what the truth is..

The jews made this mistake. And they crucified Christ because they placed history and what the people believed over the truth.

they probably made the same argument you did, and probably asked God the same question (actually they did)

it did nto help them, it will not help you.
If you'd pay attention, you'd notice the word "true" in my description.

Do you consider the apostate Roman church to be the true church? :laughing:

But surprise, even the apostate Roman church acknowledges that Christ is in Daniel 9:24.

Even apostasy recognizes truth that you deny.

Your denials are the denials of cultism.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Both of You seem stuck on one thing. And can not focus on the whole

Gabriel said 70 weeks are determined FOR YOUR PEOPLE AND YOUR HOLY CITY

And he said at the end of those 70 weeks all will be fulfilled.

If i say 7 things will happen. But only 1 has happened. It leaves the other 6 unfulfilled. Which means the prophecy is not yet fulfilled

for anyone to claim it is just based on that one thing, is nonsensical
So you don't believe that Christ and Calvary were "FOR YOUR PEOPLE AND YOUR HOLY CITY"?

Christ and Calvary were for the world. Didn't that include "YOUR PEOPLE AND YOUR HOLY CITY"?

You claim only one prophecy in Daniel 9:24 was fulfilled.

Did Christ's sacrifice on the Cross bring in everlasting righteousness? That's two.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those things already happened long ago. People believe that it's talking about weeks of years for good reason. It's talking about the rebuilding of the city that occurred before Jesus came the first time. Your view is complete nonsense that can't be taken seriously.

LOL. For one thing, I didn't say Messiah was cut off in 70 AD, I said Him being cut off represents Jesus being "cut off out of the land of the living" as prophesied in Isaiah 53:8. How does what you're saying have anything to do with Jesus? You think Jesus can be stopped by future armies? Are you serious?
70AD played no part in fulfillment of Matthew 24:21 as you falsely believe and teach, you deny that Matthew 24:21 and Daniel 12:1 is the same great tribulation that is at the time of the second coming, resurrection, and final judgement, you deny this biblical truth to support the false teaching in 70AD fulfillment
You have no clue of what the context of the prophecy is about. Your view is so far off base that it's hard to believe that you are even for real.

Yes, of course. I've said so many times. Jesus declare the temple to be spiritually desolate and it remained that way even until the consummation of the temple being physically destroyed.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
As you have been shown several times, the consummation is of this world 2 Peter 3:10-12, and the final cup of God's wrath is poured upon this world in "Fire"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Christ and Calvary.

You don't.

Christ saw Himself and Calvary.

You don't.

After Jesus' chastening, the disciples saw Him and Calvary.

You don't.

Spiritual blindness will do that.
Sealing up the vision and prophecy is at the time of the "End" and it didn't take place in 70AD

Matthew 24:21 & Daniel 12:1 is the very same Future "Great Tribulation" that takes place at the time of the end, will you also deny Matthew 24:21 & Daniel 12:1 is the same exact future event?

Daniel 9:24KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

(The "Future" Great Tribulation)

Matthew 24:21KJV
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

(The "Future" Great Tribulation)

Daniel 12:1-4KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sealing up the vision and prophecy is at the time of the "End" and it didn't take place in 70AD
Daniel 9:24 has nothing to do with 70 AD and nothing to do with your illusory "time of the "End"".

It has everything to do with Christ and Calvary.

And hey, where's that "bad guy" you've been talking about?

Don't forget your F-words. :laughing:

Last edited: