When are God's Elect Justified?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods elect are also legally Justified at the Cross of Christ, He at that time bare their sins in His own Body on the Tree and put them away,paid their debt.

Isa 53 11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Being dead to sins is also Justified Rom 6:7

7 For he that is dead[to sins] is freed from sin.

The word freed here is the greek word dikaioō: Perfect tense

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
  2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
  3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus shows us the path. It's up to us to follow that path.

That is true, and that is what all the Scriptures teach - there is no discrepancy between what Lord Jesus instructed to that which the Epistles instruct as "The Faith" of the Gospel.

No one will follow the path (Lord Jesus), except those who truly believe in Jesus, confessing him as their Lord.

Romans 10:9 (WEB) 9 that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

And that is the faith by which God elects to save us and cleanse us from all sin.

1 John 1:7 (WEB) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

Matthew 28:19-20 Go and make disciples [followers] of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to obey all things that I commanded you.

Acts 11:26 (WEB) The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

1 John 2:4-6 (WEB) 4 One who says, “I know him,” and doesn’t keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn’t in him. 5 But God’s love has most certainly been perfected in whoever keeps his word. This is how we know that we are in him: 6 he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk just like he walked.

Hebrews 5:9 Having been made perfect, he became to all who obey him the author of eternal salvation

John 10:27
My sheep listen my voice, and I know them [those who listen], and they [those who listen] {{follow me}}. 28 I give eternal life to them [those who listen to and follow him]. They [those who listen to and follow him] will never perish, and no one will snatch them [those who listen to and follow him] out of my hand.

1 Peter 2:21 (EWEB) 21 For you were called to this, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving you an example, that you should follow {{in his steps}}, 22 who didn’t sin, “neither was deceit found in his mouth.” [Isaiah 53:9]

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2. Justification is the object, and faith is the act, which is conversant with it. Now the object does not depend upon the act, but the act upon the object. Every object is prior to the act, which is conversant with it; unless it be when an act gives being to the object, which cannot be the case here; unless we make faith to be the cause or matter of our justification, which has been already disproved. Faith is the evidence, not the cause of justification; and if it is an evidence, that of which it is an evidence must exist before it. Faith is indeed the evidence of things not seen; but it is not the evidence of things that are not: what the eye is in the body, that faith is in the soul. The eye, by virtue of its visive faculty beholds sensible objects, but does not produce them; and did they not previously exist, could not behold them. We see the sun shining in its brightness, but did it not exist before, it could not be visible to us; the same observation will hold good in ten thousand other instances. Faith is the hand which receives the blessing of justification from the Lord, and righteousness, by which the soul is justified from the God of its salvation; but then this blessing must exist before faith can receive it. If any should think fit to distinguish between the act of justification, and the righteousness of Christ, by which we are justified; and object, That not justification, but the righteousness of Christ, is the object of faith; I reply, Either the righteousness of Christ, as justifying, is the object of faith, or it is not: if it is not, then it is useless, and to be laid aside in the business of justification; if, as justifying, it is the object of faith, what is it else but justification? Christ's righteousness justifying me, is my justification before God, and as such, my faith considers it, and says with the church, Surely, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength. (Isa. 45:24)

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reasons for Eternal Justification, derived from scripture or scriptural principles. Eternal Justification meaning Gods Elect were actually Justified before God, premised on the Death of Christ, before the foundation of the world. One reason is because Justification is the act of the Eternal God. Notice Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Deut 33:27

The eternal God is thy refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

Justification is an act which begins and ends in God and takes place outside of time !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One reason is because Christ has been from everlasting setup as Mediator between God and His Chosen. Prov 8:23

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Mich 5:2

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Christ was Mediator for men in Adam ! Adam had Christ for his Mediator and the elect in him.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Romans 4​

The Promise Granted Through Faith​

13 For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect, 15 because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be [d]sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all 17 (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; 18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.” 19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That v16 is very important. It is according to GRACE that you have been saved. God's grace given to us (all the seed), His Grace underlies all and it is driven by His mercy towards us, that He foreknew as in a relationship with Himself.

God uses the means of faith, as we believe in HIM, Christ, so our sins are not imputed to us who believe. And that faith is one of God's gifts to the seed of Abraham...

Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be [d]sure to all the seed,

Then Hebrews 2 says, and ask yourself who are the children??

Bringing Many Sons to Glory​

10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who [g]sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”
13 And again:

“I will put My trust in Him.”
And again:

“Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.”
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not [h]give aid to angels, but He does [i]give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being [j]tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

Who does God aid to salvation?? Only the seed of Abraham. Refer back now to Romans 4:16...
The promise God has made sure to all the seed...only they are his brethren as God has granted them to believe in Christ.

Did you know your belief was granted to you by God?

Philippians 1:28-30

28 and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but [a]to you of salvation, and that from God. 29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, 30 having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.