T U L I P explained

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I count Jesus telling them to Baptise in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit... 1 , 2, 3, = Trinity.

Bible is not in the Four corners of the Holy Word either.
Oh I believe the trinity

Someone just asked where spiritual death was in the Bible. I just responded by asking where is trinity

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I believe the trinity

Someone just asked where spiritual death was in the Bible. I just responded by asking where is trinity
Got Questions has an explanation

What is spiritual death?

ANSWER

Death is separation. A physical death is the separation of the soul from the body. Spiritual death, which is of greater significance, is the separation of the soul from God. In Genesis 2:17, God tells Adam that in the day he eats of the forbidden fruit he will “surely die.” Adam does fall, but his physical death does not occur immediately; God must have had another type of death in mind—spiritual death. This separation from God is exactly what we see in Genesis 3:8. When Adam and Eve heard the voice of the Lord, they “hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God.” The fellowship had been broken. They were spiritually dead.

A man without Christ is spiritually dead. Paul describes it as “being alienated from the life of God” in Ephesians 4:18. (To be separated from life is the same as being dead.) The natural man, like Adam hiding in the garden, is isolated from God. When we are born again, the spiritual death is reversed. Before salvation, we are dead (spiritually), but Jesus gives us life. “And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,” (Ephesians 2:1 NKJV). “When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins” (Colossians 2:13).

To illustrate, think of Jesus’ raising of Lazarus in John 11. The physically dead Lazarus could do nothing for himself. He was unresponsive to all stimuli, oblivious to all life around him, beyond all help or hope—except for the help of Christ who is “the Resurrection and the Life” (John 11:25). At Christ’s call, Lazarus was filled with life, and he responded accordingly. In the same way, we were spiritually dead, unable to save ourselves, powerless to perceive the life of God—until Jesus called us to Himself. He “quickened” us; “not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy” (Titus 3:5).

The book of Revelation speaks of a “second death,” which is a final (and eternal) separation from God. Only those who have never experienced new life in Christ will partake of the second death (Revelation 2:11; 20:6, 14; 21:8).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got Questions has an explanation

What is spiritual death?

ANSWER

Death is separation. A physical death is the separation of the soul from the body. Spiritual death, which is of greater significance, is the separation of the soul from God.
Interesting, we agree, this is what I said in post 507 yesterday
We are told we need to be born again, because we are dead because of sin.

So your physical death thinking is not working out to well.

I think you do not understand what spiritual death means (separation) and that may be another issue.

remember, Physical death is the separation of the soul from the body..

Spiritual death is the separation of a person from the body of Christ,

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Ritajanice ....

Girlfriend and sister in Christ I have but one question.

938 responses in this thread and has it at all occured to you that There is not one other poster in this discussion that has had the same "BORN AGAIN" experience that you did?

Then why are you insistent that yours is the only way??????????

Who said mine was the only way?

I think you need to read some more posts from other members my lovely before you come to that conclusion..
Its like arguing baptism in the name of Jesus or baptism in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit ... as both are in the bible... that only one would be correct.

You are unique among us.

We all are unique among each other as our experiences have varied.

That does not make anyone of us right or wrong over another.

AND before I forget again... I have been wanting to ask you if you were ever slain in the Spirit.

Slain in the Spirit?

Are you a believer of being slain in the Spirit?

I have seen this happen in Kings church as a new babe...

I have never been slain in the Spirit have you?

Slain in the Spirit or slaying in the Spirit are terms used by Pentecostal and charismatic Christians to describe a form of prostration in which an individual falls to the floor while experiencing religious ecstasy. Believers attribute this behavior to the power of the Holy Spirit.
I can only go by Gods Witness His Living Holy Spirit....which I’ve explained.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that there are two members on this thread who are the same person...one came onto this thread completely out of the blue earlier today and his posts were very familiar to another member on this thread I reported it to admin...they may log in from another residence, therefore a different IP address...the member that came on here earlier has not been seen on this forum for months..best we leave it to,admin to sort out.
Agreed.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said mine was the only way?

I think you need to read some more posts from other members my lovely before you come to that conclusion..

Slain in the Spirit?

Are you a believer of being slain in the Spirit?

I have seen this happen in Kings church as a new babe...

I have never been slain in the Spirit have you?

Slain in the Spirit or slaying in the Spirit are terms used by Pentecostal and charismatic Christians to describe a form of prostration in which an individual falls to the floor while experiencing religious ecstasy. Believers attribute this behavior to the power of the Holy Spirit.
I can only go by Gods Witness His Living Holy Spirit....which I’ve explained.
I have seen it na few times.

There was a woman here in the states who was a healer. Kathryn Kuhlman.

Kathryn Kuhlman was an American Christian evangelist who was referred to by her contemporaries and the press to be a 'faith healer. She died in 1976. I had known of her name but never saw her. Back then, even if she had been on the television my dad would not
have wanted to watch.

From things that I heard she did do some wonders.

She had a protégé named Billy Burke.

Billy Burke (born May 24, 1953) is an American Pentecostal healing evangelist and the president of his itinerant healing ministry, Billy Burke World Outreach, headquartered in Tampa, Florida.[1] Burke is also the senior pastor of the Miracle Center World Outreach in Tampa.[2] His healing ministry is founded on his testimony of being healed of terminal brain cancer when he was 9 years old.[3][4]

Life and career[edit]​

Billy Burke was born in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. When he was 9 years old, Burke was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. After undergoing an unsuccessful operation that left him partially paralyzed, and given three days to live, his grandmother removed him from the hospital against doctors orders. Her goal was to bring him to a Kathryn Kuhlman healing service at the First Presbyterian Church in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Burke says that while at this service Ms. Kuhlman touched him, allegedly healing him from cancer which has never returned

Anyway. Even being in FL he comes to our area in PA a few times a year. And I have seen him 3 times. Once at a church that I cannot recall the name... Once at the First Presbyterian Church in Pittsburgh and also at the Berean Church close by.

These were always healing services and my mom had several issues she was hopeful for.
However... my mom has been extremely shy and would not go forward for a chance. She just sat i the pews and watched....

And each person was addressed individually and each one did end Slain in the Spirit where
they would collapse.. with helpers standing by to stop them just dropping to the floor and they stayed that way for a few minutes and when they came out of it they just got up
and returned to their seats.

Two or 3 summers ago my moms friend called that there was a Roman Catholic Priest (traveling) and she wanted to know if my mom would go with her... so we did.
This one did not go for a healing for herself but for her daughter... (NO that does not work)

But the same thing... anyone who was looking for a healing went forward and sure enough
our friend went. And our friend did get Slaine in the Spirit. The priest did not touch her but look at her, and down she went. After on the way home I asked her what it was like and
she said she was totally not aware of things and after she felt a little weird and drained.

She had going to those before hand ...

So I have never but have first hand witness. And being that it was our friend once, I know it was for real.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen it na few times.

There was a woman here in the states who was a healer. Kathryn Kuhlman.

Kathryn Kuhlman was an American Christian evangelist who was referred to by her contemporaries and the press to be a 'faith healer. She died in 1976. I had known of her name but never saw her. Back then, even if she had been on the television my dad would not
have wanted to watch.

From things that I heard she did do some wonders.

She had a protégé named Billy Burke.

Billy Burke (born May 24, 1953) is an American Pentecostal healing evangelist and the president of his itinerant healing ministry, Billy Burke World Outreach, headquartered in Tampa, Florida.[1] Burke is also the senior pastor of the Miracle Center World Outreach in Tampa.[2] His healing ministry is founded on his testimony of being healed of terminal brain cancer when he was 9 years old.[3][4]

Life and career[edit]​

Billy Burke was born in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. When he was 9 years old, Burke was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. After undergoing an unsuccessful operation that left him partially paralyzed, and given three days to live, his grandmother removed him from the hospital against doctors orders. Her goal was to bring him to a Kathryn Kuhlman healing service at the First Presbyterian Church in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Burke says that while at this service Ms. Kuhlman touched him, allegedly healing him from cancer which has never returned

Anyway. Even being in FL he comes to our area in PA a few times a year. And I have seen him 3 times. Once at a church that I cannot recall the name... Once at the First Presbyterian Church in Pittsburgh and also at the Berean Church close by.

These were always healing services and my mom had several issues she was hopeful for.
However... my mom has been extremely shy and would not go forward for a chance. She just sat i the pews and watched....
Aww Bless her heart I too was extremely/ painfully shy for most of my life
And each person was addressed individually and each one did end Slain in the Spirit where
they would collapse.. with helpers standing by to stop them just dropping to the floor and they stayed that way for a few minutes and when they came out of it they just got up
and returned to their seats.
Wow!!
Two or 3 summers ago my moms friend called that there was a Roman Catholic Priest (traveling) and she wanted to know if my mom would go with her... so we did.
This one did not go for a healing for herself but for her daughter... (NO that does not work)

But the same thing... anyone who was looking for a healing went forward and sure enough
our friend went. And our friend did get Slaine in the Spirit. The priest did not touch her but look at her, and down she went. After on the way home I asked her what it was like and
she said she was totally not aware of things and after she felt a little weird and drained.
Interesting.
She had going to those before hand ...

So I have never but have first hand witness. And being that it was our friend once, I know it was for real.
When I was a new babe at Kings church and saw also this slain in the Spirit..... I had no idea that’s what was happening to them at the time being slain......I thought what on earth is going on here....I understand it now....not as a new babe...I knew nothing ,only that I was Born Again... the Holy Spirit has taught me all that i know ...that was nearly 33 yrs ago..

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I disagree. He would never have died. he did nto inherit Adam's sin.. He was created, as Adam. If he did. He would have not been able to sacrifice..
I dont know how many times I need to say this so please dont make me say it again.

He inherited Adams nature.

Do you know why this was needful?

He is called the second Adam for a reason.

the first one sinned, and caused all mankind to be separated from God

The second came and did nto sin, and willfully as an innocent chose to become exasperated from God for our benefit so all mankind could be saved

Make sense of what? I see nothing that makes sense so far.
Why do you resist? You know the answer!

F2F

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did God condemn sin?
In the flesh.

Romans 8:1-4 KJV
1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh, here's the question. What does it mean to be "in the likeness of sinful flesh"? Does it mean "in sinful flesh"? Or, "in the likeness of sinful flesh?" This is an easy one. Clearly, "in the likeness of sinful flesh".

Now. How does "the likeness of sinful flesh" compare or contrast to "sinful flesh"? Actually, this is also easy at the most basic level. They are different. One is a certain thing, while the other is it's likeness, while not that thing.

Has this passage led you to think Jesus was "in sinful flesh"?

In condemning sin in the flesh, this can only be condeming the sin that makes the flesh to be sinful flesh. That sin is condemned in the flesh in which it resides.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the flesh.

Romans 8:1-4 KJV
1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh, here's the question. What does it mean to be "in the likeness of sinful flesh"? Does it mean "in sinful flesh"? Or, "in the likeness of sinful flesh?" This is an easy one. Clearly, "in the likeness of sinful flesh".
Thank you Marks! I am sure Eternally will arrive at the same conclusion.

Next question:

How was "sin" represented in Jesus Christ?

Now. How does "the likeness of sinful flesh" compare or contrast to "sinful flesh"? Actually, this is also easy at the most basic level. They are different. One is a certain thing, while the other is it's likeness, while not that thing.

Likeness is sameness.

2:17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers and sisters in every respect, so that he could become a merciful and faithful high priest in things relating to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people. Heb 2:17.

Why every respect?

Has this passage led you to think Jesus was "in sinful flesh"?

In condemning sin in the flesh, this can only be condeming the sin that makes the flesh to be sinful flesh. That sin is condemned in the flesh in which it resides.

Much love!
Can you see your problem?

It's impossible to condemn something in a person if its not represented in them?

Assume your understanding is correct for a moment.

How did God have victory over death if sin was not there to condemn!

1 Corinthians 15:53-58 provides you the answer - but can you accept it, that is the issue Marks - to do so will hurt!

Search that chapter and find what was in Christ and what required a Victory.

F2F

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How was "sin" represented in Jesus Christ?
Not meaning to answer a question with a question, but I'm hoping you will quickly see the reason . . . How was Israel's sin represented in the scapegoat? How was the Israelite's sin represented in the lamb?

Likeness is sameness.
Interesting, but I don't agree. The likeness of the man is not the man.
Can you see your problem?
You are not differentiating between the likeness of something, and that something itself.

You didn't answer perhaps my most important question, which was, has that passage led you to conclude that Jesus Christ was in sinful flesh?

Because if you do then you have a greater problem, or rather, a number of them.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not meaning to answer a question with a question, but I'm hoping you will quickly see the reason . . . How was Israel's sin represented in the scapegoat? How was the Israelite's sin represented in the lamb?
Oddly your question and the answer of it leads you to understand how in Christ's nature. You inadvertently lead us to a truth!

4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, “Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me; 6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings you have taken no pleasure. 7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’ ”Heb 10:4–7.

What type of Body was prepared?

Interesting, but I don't agree. The likeness of the man is not the man.
Interesting you left Hebrews 2 alone (for good reason!) hmm (must store that one away as a small victory lol)
You are not differentiating between the likeness of something, and that something itself.
Paul makes it clear Christ came in condemned nature - you can't refute this its a hopeless cause!

We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. Rom 6:9

I'm trying to lead you to a conclusion!

You also left off speaking to 1 Corinthians 15 (is this another small victory Marks?)

You didn't answer perhaps my most important question, which was, has that passage led you to conclude that Jesus Christ was in sinful flesh?
Now you are getting closer - if you went over to 1 Corinthians 15:53 - end - explain what is sinful flesh? What characterizes it as sinful flesh?

Be specific.

Because if you do then you have a greater problem, or rather, a number of them.

Much love!
Not so, I know where the problem is and its clearly in Hebrews 2:14-17 & 1 Corinthians 15:53- end; I just need you to acknowledge it/

If you persist you will find it!

F2F

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But why, "in hope"? Whose hope? False hope? Do you understand what I'm asking you?

Much love!
Hope is not used in all versions.
Don't start thinking God has hope in the sense we have hope in something.

The theme is still what I said before. God has setup circumstances for men to seek God. Yet they don't do so.
God is justified then in all He does with sinful men who refuse to seek for God.
This is really pointing out to the whole universe the failures of man, that God made things for them so that men could seek for Him and yet they do not.
Like I said in that sense God is fair to all mankind.

AND another big thing going on here you likely have missed, Paul is preaching to heathen Greeks, so Paul is appealing to them in ways they might have their hearts softened towards God and Christ.

KJ21
that they should seek the Lord, if perhaps they might feel after Him and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us.
ASV
that they should seek God, if haply they might feel after him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us:
AMP
This was so that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grasp for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.
AMPC
So that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after Him and find Him, although He is not far from each one of us.
BRG
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
CSB
He did this so that they might seek God, and perhaps they might reach out and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.
CEB
God made the nations so they would seek him, perhaps even reach out to him and find him. In fact, God isn’t far away from any of us.
CJB
God did this so that people would look for him and perhaps reach out and find him although in fact, he is not far from each one of us,
CEV
God has done all this, so that we will look for him and reach out and find him. He isn't far from any of us,
DARBY
that they may seek God; if indeed they might feel after him and find him, although he is not far from each one of us:
DLNT
that they should seek God— if perhaps indeed they might grope-for Him and find Him, though indeed He being not far from each one of us.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And in all the apostles preaching, some did believe the message.
From your perspective they were the ones in control of making that choice.
The perspective of scripture and God is different than that of men.

Acts 13
44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so the Lord has commanded us:

‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles,
That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ”
48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Reactions: ChristisGod

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Christian faith and hope holds no victory - that is the problem @marks ... what I mean by this is you assign a victory in Christ but you dont actually know what that victory was.

Here is the problem marks.

If the "law of sin and death" was not removed in Christ then it cannot be removed in you.

“Death is swallowed up in victory.” 55 “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ 1 Co 15:54–57.

If you fully understood those red highlighted words, ALL Scripture could be revealed to you! But you choose to deny the Power of the Victory in Christ for another doctrine which has now power.

If you understood the Law of this you could also understand why Christ was raised up in your flesh.

Further more, if your Christ was not Victoriously redeemed by God, then you cannot be!

F2F

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know how many times I need to say this so please dont make me say it again.

He inherited Adams nature.
You can say it 1000 times, and I still will not believe you

He was not born of man, He was born of God. through Mary,

Mary gave him his human body,
Do you know why this was needful?
It was not needed, In fact, if he inherited adams nature. he would have been disqualified to hand on the cross for your sin
Why do you resist? You know the answer!

F2F
Why do I resist? Because nothing you have shown me in this case is in my view found in scripture.

Why do you instead of talking like a humble servant, need to talk like others in a proud way as if you have the gospel truth, and everyone needs to listen to you.

How about you open up and consider what others are saying, and just stick to the word

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful sorry if I continue to hold your feet to the fire on this but its super important
Hold me to the fire?

Lol.. Myr not holding me anywhere, but in amazement that you are unable to see the flaw in your reasoning
Where did God condemn sin?
You still have not answered my question.

Paul said we were dead (even though we were in the flesh (physically) alive) so how were we dead? That death is the penalty of sin. is it not?

and we were made alive Why do we need made alive if we are already alive?

Jesus said we needed to be born again, If we are already alive, why do we need born this second time?