Obeying Acts 2:38 is the only plan of salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must be dense, but I have no clue as to why anyone has such a problem with such a basic biblical concept. I may have missed something, but no idea what!?!
It’s clear to me, Satan has blinded the minds…

Reactions: Cassandra

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's quotable. That is about the most anti-God thing anyone could ever say--God is spirit...and it is He who spiritualizes everything!
You don’t get what I’m saying, just for example, preterism is a result of spiritualizing a literal word from God. It ends up with replacement theology, etc.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t get what I’m saying, just for example, preterism is a result of spiritualizing a literal word from God. It ends up with replacement theology, etc.

Even so, although they are wrong, they are closer to the truth of God than you. Which I do not say as criticism, but as fitting for this topic, as correction long overdue. It's not your fault. These things were to be just as they have been, just as you have believed. But only until the times are fulfilled, which now are fulfilled. This day was foretold to come, and has come. Therefore, don't be offended, but know that the mystery of God has been sealed and restrained until the fullness of the gentiles has come. In which, as was the case with Israel, the church has also purposely come under a type of blindness--which things had to be.

Go your way Truther. Go in peace.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so, although they are wrong, they are closer to the truth of God than you. Which I do not say as criticism, but as fitting for this topic, as correction long overdue. It's not your fault. These things were to be just as they have been, just as you have believed. But only until the times are fulfilled, which now are fulfilled. This day was foretold to come, and has come. Therefore, don't be offended, but know that the mystery of God has been sealed and restrained until the fullness of the gentiles has come. In which, as was the case with Israel, the church has also purposely come under a type of blindness--which things had to be.

Go your way Truther. Go in peace.
I would rather take the Bible literal as possible than be blinded by some spiritual enlightenment program. Be careful out there.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words of Christ are spirit, of which I am a witness. Here you have rejected them as such. So be it.
The word of Jesus Christ has been given to us in book form in the last days. The spirit also speaks, but the book form is our plum line. Everything must line up with that.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word of Jesus Christ has been given to us in book form in the last days. The spirit also speaks, but the book form is our plum line. Everything must line up with that.

Have you not read that the words in their written form are foolishness to the natural man and therefore must be--not literarily, but spiritually discerned?

Meanwhile, you have made the written form a law unto itself, which it is not. But is spiritually confused by God to confound the wicked, while only being clear from the Spirit to the Spirit. By your own form, you have been restrained.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I must be dense, but I have no clue as to why anyone has such a problem with such a basic biblical concept.

Water Baptism does not save you, and is not required as a part of your initial salvation.

So, Peter in Acts 2:38, was not water baptized, and had not been given the Gospel that Paul would be given, that we are to believe and preach and teach.

So, why the confusion?

Its because Peter was at the very point in time where the Cross of Christ was birthing the Church, that began the ""time of the Gentiles".
Peter did not know this and that is why, 10 yrs later in Acts 10 , God had to give Peter a vision, as even then, = 10 yrs after Christ is back in Heaven, Peter does not KNOW that "Gentiles can be saved".
So, in comes PAUL.

Paul was Chosen after Acts 2:38, that was a Jewish Feast, and Jews were there............ which is the Day that Peter was preaching to Jews.

Paul was called LATER, to be the Apostle to the GENTILES, as God was now dealing with the Gentiles, first and foremost.. and Peter didn't know this in Acts 2, or in Acts 10.
This '" TIME of the GENTILES", is going to end and then God will resume His dealing with the JEW, first and foremost.
This is the TRIBULATION and Grt/Trib.

So, what Peter was preaching to the Jews, at Pentecost, is not the "Gospel of the Grace of God" that Jesus gave to PAUL for the "body of Christ", that is mostly GENTILES...

Peter met Paul, in Acts 15, and Paul taught all the Apostles, what some of them didn't know that im showing you, Reader.

PS95

Jun 16, 2024
Eastern Shore
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water Baptism does not save you, and is not required as a part of your initial salvation.

So, Peter in Acts 2:38, was not water baptized, and had not been given the Gospel that Paul would be given, that we are to believe and preach and teach.

So, why the confusion?

Its because Peter was at the very point in time where the Cross of Christ was birthing the Church, that began the ""time of the Gentiles".
Peter did not know this and that is why, 10 yrs later in Acts 10 , God had to give Peter a vision, as even then, = 10 yrs after Christ is back in Heaven, Peter does not KNOW that "Gentiles can be saved".
So, in comes PAUL.

Paul was Chosen after Acts 2:38, that was a Jewish Feast, and Jews were there............ which is the Day that Peter was preaching to Jews.

Paul was called LATER, to be the Apostle to the GENTILES, as God was now dealing with the Gentiles, first and foremost.. and Peter didn't know this in Acts 2, or in Acts 10.
This '" TIME of the GENTILES", is going to end and then God will resume His dealing with the JEW, first and foremost.
This is the TRIBULATION and Grt/Trib.

So, what Peter was preaching to the Jews, at Pentecost, is not the "Gospel of the Grace of God" that Jesus gave to PAUL for the "body of Christ", that is mostly GENTILES...

Peter met Paul, in Acts 15, and Paul taught all the Apostles, what some of them didn't know that im showing you, Reader.
Hello Behold,
I believe that Jesus saves us, not the water baptism.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hello Behold,
I believe that Jesus saves us, not the water baptism.

Of course. @PS95

The bumper sticker reads.....""JESUS Saves"..

Christians, many, do not realize that when they try to prove that "its Jesus + the Water", or "Jesus + The Works you do", then you are now refusing to Give Christ alone all the Credit due Him .. ALONE< for Saving us and keeping us saved.

Another way to think of it is this..

"Did water baptism die on The Cross for your sin"?

A.) No

And think about this...

Right now, today, people who are locked up in some foreign Jail, or in the USA, have trusted in Christ, and are born again... in their jail cell.

Q.) Where is the water baptism?

Here is another one......

Today, Tonight, Tomorrow, there are people who are about to DIE......they are in the last 2 mins of Life, and they are awake, and they cry out to Jesus......>"Oh JESUS< SAVE a SINNER LIKE ME....Im so sorry i never trusted in you all my life... please save me NOW, i believe !!!"
And God does save each one of them, every single time,..... and they DIE, and there is no water baptism, for the "death bed conversion".

There are many many situations in this world, .. like that....... There are countries that do not allow a Bible, or Christianity, and yet People become CHRISTIANS in these places, and there is no water baptism, when Christianity is not allowed.

So, yes. "only JESUS SAVES",. .and water baptism need not apply.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christendom has declared war on Acts 2:38. It is it is a bizarre thing to see. We are definitely living in the last days. If you post the verse or even attempt to elaborate on it, you get swarmed with folks that have spent their life fighting it. It is weird that the New Testament church practiced it and most Christians despise it.
It was for new born spiritual converts in the early church, an act of Christian obedience

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not read that the words in their written form are foolishness to the natural man and therefore must be--not literarily, but spiritually discerned?

Meanwhile, you have made the written form a law unto itself, which it is not. But is spiritually confused by God to confound the wicked, while only being clear from the Spirit to the Spirit. By your own form, you have been restrained.
You just said the Bible is foolish, but teach folks spiritualism.

Jim Jones threw his Bible like a football across the church onto the floor saying to his Christian followers that it has no power, then told them all they need is inner spirituality.

Be careful what you think.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just said the Bible is foolish, but teach folks spiritualism.

Jim Jones threw his Bible like a football across the church onto the floor saying to his Christian followers that it has no power, then told them all they need is inner spirituality.

Be careful what you think.

I was quoting the apostle Paul.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you persist? Indeed, you only "think", because you do not know.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Scott, we are here to argue about what the Bible says, not about your in-depth spirituality.