Justified by Works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul doesn't actually say that. You are extrapolating to a faulty conclusion.

Again, I ask you how much of the law is required to be justified?

Jas 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Therefore if you have failed in just one single point then you are not a doer of the law. Only if you keep the law perfectly are you a doer of the law.
Romans 2
13for it is not the hearers [n]of the Law who are [o]righteous before God, but the doers [p]of the Law who will be justified. 14For when Gentiles who do not have [q]the Law [r]instinctively perform the requirements of the Law, these, though not having the Law, are a Law unto themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on that day when according to my Gospel God will judge the secrets of men's hearts through Christ Jesus.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup.

"Not the hearers of the Law but the doers of the Law will be justified, because when the Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do the things contained in the Law".
THE THINGS CONTAINED.

He is not saying they keep the law. It says they do them.

The passage your using refutes what your saying

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know how to read--but anyone who has ever spoken with you knew this already.

I never used "ignoramus" as an argument.
Yet you did when you called him ignoramus

But your pride will nto allow you to see your sin (it can;t, because it would prove you can not live up to your own standard)

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE THINGS CONTAINED.

He is not saying they keep the law. It says they do them.

The passage your using refutes what your saying
"doers of the Law will be justified, for WHEN THE GENTILES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE LAW DO THE THINGS CONTAINED IN THE LAW"

In other words, PAUL believes the Gentiles are the doers of the Law who will be justified.

And he goes further:

Romans 2
26If a man who is not circumcised keeps the requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27The one who is physically uncircumcised yet keeps the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you did when you called him ignoramus

But your pride will nto allow you to see your sin (it can;t, because it would prove you can not live up to your own standard)
Interesting that you didn't see his saying that I didn't understand what I was quoting as a sin on his part.
I wonder why!
Could it be that it's because you show favoritism, contrary to God's Law, which you ought to fulfill, because he is on your theological "side"? Oh, hypocrisy, thy name is "Eternally Grateful"!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"doers of the Law will be justified, for WHEN THE GENTILES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE LAW DO THE THINGS CONTAINED IN THE LAW"

In other words, PAUL believes the Gentiles are the doers of the Law who will be justified.

And he goes further:

Romans 2
26If a man who is not circumcised keeps the requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27The one who is physically uncircumcised yet keeps the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.
lol

WHAT IS THE RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENT OF THE LAW

Sorry man, I refuse to allow yuo to ignore this question..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting that you didn't see his saying that I didn't understand what I was quoting as a sin on his part.
I wonder why!
Could it be that it's because you show favoritism, contrary to God's Law, which you ought to fulfill, because he is on your theological "side"? Oh, hypocrisy, thy name is "Eternally Grateful"!
If I saw it I would have called him out. I do nto read everything he says, I am paying attention to you.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, you're trying to debunk my claim that "doers of the Law will be justified", and "Gentile believers" are cited as examples of just such men--therefore, YOUR DEFLECTION AND VAIN WRANGLING OVER DEFINING "RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENT OF THE LAW" DOES NOT MATTER.

The fact remains that the Gentile believers are cited as "doers of the Law who will be justified".

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why!
If I saw it I would have called him out. I do nto read everything he says, I am paying attention to you.

It is right here.

Deut 27: 26
Gal 3: 10-11
James 2: 10

Its there in black and right, please humble yourself and read and come tell me what it says

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is right here.

Its there in black and right, please humble yourself and read and come tell me what it says
Remember, you're trying to debunk my claim that "doers of the Law will be justified", and "Gentile believers" are cited as examples of just such men--therefore, YOUR DEFLECTION AND VAIN WRANGLING OVER DEFINING "RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENT OF THE LAW" DOES NOT MATTER.

The fact remains that the Gentile believers are cited as "doers of the Law who will be justified".

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you have not. I gave you the passages where it is written.. Please humble yourself and stop trying to deflect.

You told us HOW to keep the law. not the requirement.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No

I am trying to debunk your claim that anyone can be saved by keeping the law..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is right here.

Its there in black and right, please humble yourself and read and come tell me and all the people in your Op what it says

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is right here.

Its there in black and right, please humble yourself and read and come tell me and all the people in your Op what it says
Not relevant: Paul says the Gentile believers are doers of the Law (how ever you want to define it--not relevant) who will be justified.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in refuting Jews, who thought they did the law. Like you do.

Answer the question. Or prove you are a deciever
What relevance does it have that Paul was trying to humble the Jewish Christians in citing the Gentile believers as "doers of the Law" who would be "justified"? Are you saying Paul is a liar, and uses lies to humble Jewish Christians? Why would that work? Is that what you practice? LOL I think we both know the answer--you're endlessly dishonest.