Justified by Works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are utterly without knowledge:

Romans 2
6God “will repay each one according to his deeds.”a

No need to cut and paste what you can't understand, next time, again. @GracePeace

Listen...

Salvation is not "God repaying people for their Deeds".

Salvation is the Grace of God, provided for the BELIEVER, that is based on the Cross of Christ.

Salvation is Jesus taking your sin and dying for it...., so that by this REDEMPTION< God can take you as His Son.

God will take you for NO other reason...

Welcome to : Salvation.

Its a "GIFT".. "The GIFT of Salvation" "The Gift of Righteousness", and "The GIft of Eternal Life".

No law found there.., only God's Mercy and Grace.

Reactions: mailmandan

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has accepted us for eternity
"Accepted us for eternity": if that's the case, how is Matthew 18 possible?

The guy is forgiven, so he's a believer, born of God, then, bc of his sinful behavior, after being born again, God rescinds the forgiveness, and tosses him into hell. No, your message is not Biblical. It has contours, aspects, of truths, but it simply isn't coherent and consistent with the texts.

Matthew 18
23Because of this, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlements, a debtor was brought to him owing ten thousand talents.f 25Since the man was unable to pay, the master ordered that he be sold to pay his debt, along with his wife and children and everything he owned. 26Then the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Have patience with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27His master had compassion on him, forgave his debt, and released him. 28But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii.g He grabbed him and began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ 29So his fellow servant fell down and begged him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you back.’ 30But he refused. Instead, he went and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay his debt. 31When his fellow servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed, and they went and recounted all of this to their master. 32Then the master summoned him and declared, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave all your debt because you begged me. 33Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had on you?’ 34In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should repay all that he owed. 35That is how My heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”

So, who is lying--you or Jesus?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to cut and paste what you can't understand, next time, again. @GracePeace

Listen...

Salvation is not "God repaying people for their Deeds".

Salvation is the Grace of God, provided for the BELIEVER, that is based on the Cross of Christ.

Welcome to : Salvation.

Its a "GIFT".. "The GIFT of Salvation" "The Gift of Righteousness", and "The GIft of Eternal Life".

No law found there.., only God's Mercy and Grace.
Romans 2
13For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the law who will be declared righteous.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Romans 2
13For it is not the hearers of the law

The reason you are a sinner, @GracePeace ..... is because you have already broken the OT "laws", some of the 613 .
And you've broken The 10 Commandments, as well......sometimes literally, and sometimes in your mind and heart.

So, you are found guilty before the Law and Commandments, already.. right now..... that you are pretending to keep to try to "law your way into heaven".

You'll never make it that way.,@GracePeace ..... as the only WAY to go to Heaven is by THE Cross of Christ.. and there is no law found there.. only God's Grace.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason you are a sinner, @GracePeace ..... is because you have already broken the OT "laws", some of the 613 .
And you've broken The 10 Commandments, as well......sometimes literally, and sometimes in your mind and heart.

So, you are found guilty before the Law and Commandments, already.. right now..... that you are pretending to keep to try to "law your way into heaven".

You'll never make it that way.,@GracePeace ..... as the only WAY to go to Heaven is by THE Cross of Christ.. and there is no law found there.. only God's Grace.
Only doers of the Law will be justified on the Day when God judges by Christ Jesus (Ro 2).
I'm sorry you hate Scripture so much.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to cut and paste
LOL Am I really at fault for cutting and pasting Scripture passages?
You can't find a fault in my arguments, so you resort to that?
Shows how pathetic your ignorant arguments are.

"Listen": you don't know Scripture at all.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are utterly without knowledge:

Romans 2
13For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the law who will be declared righteous.
Yes, but how much of the law must one do to be declared righteous? I would argue that only by doing the law perfectly with never a glitch will anyone be a doer of the law who will be declared righteous. And of course that eliminates absolutely everyone.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but how much of the law must one do to be declared righteous? I would argue that only by doing the law perfectly with never a glitch will anyone be a doer of the law who will be declared righteous. And of course that eliminates absolutely everyone.
No. I'm sorry that reality prevents you from believing nonsense, but Paul actually cites the Gentile believers as "doers of the Law" who will be "justified" when God judges by Christ.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has accepted us for eternity
Ignoramus,

"Accepted us for eternity": if that's the case, how is Matthew 18 possible?

The guy is forgiven, so he's a believer, born of God, then, bc of his sinful behavior, after being born again, God rescinds the forgiveness, and tosses him into hell. No, your message is not Biblical. It has contours, aspects, of truths, but it simply isn't coherent and consistent with the texts.

Matthew 18
23Because of this, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlements, a debtor was brought to him owing ten thousand talents.f 25Since the man was unable to pay, the master ordered that he be sold to pay his debt, along with his wife and children and everything he owned. 26Then the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Have patience with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27His master had compassion on him, forgave his debt, and released him. 28But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii.g He grabbed him and began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ 29So his fellow servant fell down and begged him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you back.’ 30But he refused. Instead, he went and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay his debt. 31When his fellow servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed, and they went and recounted all of this to their master. 32Then the master summoned him and declared, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave all your debt because you begged me. 33Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had on you?’ 34In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should repay all that he owed. 35That is how My heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”

So, who is lying--you or Jesus?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only doers of the Law will be justified on the Day when God judges by Christ Jesus (Ro 2).
I'm sorry you hate Scripture so much.
and who are doers of the law.?

And what is the righteous requirement of the law? with scripture please.. (Again you can find it in deut, gal 3 and in james)

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and who are doers of the law.?
He cites the believing Gentiles as doers of the Law.
Anyone who walk after the spirit fulfills the Law (Ro 8:4).
And what is the righteous requirement of the law? with scripture please.. (Again you can find it in deut, gal 3 and in james)
It doesn't matter--it won't change the fact that only doers of the Law are justified.
Your little deflection can't save you from Scripture.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He cites the believing Gentiles as doers of the Law.
No.
Anyone who walk after the spirit fulfills the Law (Ro 8:4).
Yes. Amyone. in the moment they walk, are in that moment fulfilling the law
It doesn't matter--it won't change the fact that only doers of the Law are justified.
Your little deflection can't save you from Scripture.
It does matter, because if you have not fulfilled the law in its entirety you are cursed by the law.

More important. if you are still not keeping the law according to Gods requirement you are deceived if you think you are.

Love how you just throw it away as if it is meaningless. I will let God know you think his standard is meaningless.. (He already knows of course)

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I'm sorry that reality prevents you from believing nonsense, but Paul actually cites the Gentile believers as "doers of the Law" who will be "justified" when God judges by Christ.
Paul doesn't actually say that. You are extrapolating to a faulty conclusion.

Again, I ask you how much of the law is required to be justified?

Jas 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Therefore if you have failed in just one single point then you are not a doer of the law. Only if you keep the law perfectly are you a doer of the law.