Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Total voters

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think several who have responded just haven't taken the poll all that seriously to begin with. It's like asking a room full of Rhodes scholars if they think the Easter Bunny is real.

You're likely not going to get a ton of serious answers.

I know... It's kind of a trick question
The question is do you think Santa is a fraud...
Is like asking do you think his real...
8 people seem to still think so...:eek:o_O

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PAY CLOSE attention to the six minute mark . it gets said three TIMEs . I aint touching that nasty gates jab . PEROID .
Its gonna only get worse .
I saw it and heard it brother, yeah there is something definitely bad behind these Covid vaccines and the governments behind pushing and mandating everyone to get the jab.

Thank you for sharing this with me my good brother, may God always bless you Friend of Christ.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha. That sounds like a wise approach.

My dad had concreted his new house. I was about 6 or 7...
On Christmas day I found dog prints in the concrete but I took them as being reindeer prints and evidence of Santa being there... :rolleyes:

LoL! You've got some memories.

I'm guessing maybe dad wasn't too happy with Santa's "reindeer."

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know... It's kind of a trick question
The question is do you think Santa is a fraud...
Is like asking do you think his real...
8 people seem to still think so...:eek:o_O

I guess I'll have to vote yes to turn the tide then. I feel like that judge in Miracle on 34th Street who was gonna rule Santa wasn't real and end his political career over it.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been itching to get this off my hairy chest. Now its time

Santa Claus a fraud

I don't like Santa Claus at all... His like a false idol in my book.

The 25th of December is the day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus... Santa Claus is nothing but a distraction. Taking the glory away from Christ

And why do we lie to kids about Santa... We teach them not to lie than we lie to them... Such hypocrites. Doesn't set a good example... Why do we need Santa claus, why not teach the kids to give gifs instead of expecting something from this false idol

Santa clause is a fraud... Invented by Coke to promote their product i believe. Maybe someone else can give us a bit more of a history lesson on him, the false idol

From very young i thought Santa was a fool... One Christmas morning i woke up to find a new bicycle under the tree... But it was a girls bike. I was sceptical from that day on

I wonder how Christians used to celebrate Christmas, pre Santa... Most likely by focusing more on Christ. We should go back to that i think

So then, what do you think... Is Santa a fraud?

For Santa Claus read Saint Nicholas of Myra was a 4th-century Greek Christian bishop of Myra. Nicholas was famous for his generous gifts to the poor, in particular presenting the three impoverished daughters of a pious Christian with dowries.

Here in the UK there was always Father Christmas until recent times. And Father Christmas was the embodiment of the Christmas spirit - jolly and generous. kind and all knowing.

The 'Santa' of today with his red outfit, is I think a coca cola invention.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When my son was a little boy of eight he asked if Jesus is real to which his dad told him yes. Then he asked if Father Christmas was real and his dad had to say no. He still says it spoiled Christmas for him forever. I think the mystery of Father Christmas isn't fraud anymore than fairies are fraudulent. or mermaids or unicorns. Father Christmas/Santa Claus is a legend. Some might call it fraud but I like to believe that he is figure who embraces the spirit of Christmas.

Reactions: dev553344

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think of Father Christmas as a traditional Christmas game - not to be taken too seriously. (Unfortunately, many people take it far too seriously...)
He's a sideshow, not the main event.

When my daughter asked if he was real I told her to work it out for herself - and made sure to leave clues in her stocking. By the time she was about six, she had sussed it out - but I never admitted to being Father Christmas even when she asked me directly! I hope it taught her some critical thinking.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think of Father Christmas as a traditional Christmas game - not to be taken too seriously. (Unfortunately, many people take it far too seriously...)
He's a sideshow, not the main event.

When my daughter asked if he was real I told her to work it out for herself - and made sure to leave clues in her stocking. By the time she was about six, she had sussed it out - but I never admitted to being Father Christmas even when she asked me directly! I hope it taught her some critical thinking.
Good one. I wish we'd thought of that.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei ....Santa Claus is the reflected world version of 'good' evil as the deliberate 'fun' counterfeit of Christ and his Father.
Here's a comparison for you..

Christ has white hair, like wool (Rev 1:14) - Santa has white hair like wool
Christ has a beard (Isaiah 50:6) - Santa has a beard
Christ comes in red apparel (Isaiah 63:1-2) - Santa wears red
Christ's hour of his visitation was/is called a mystery - Santa's hour of his coming is a mystery
Christ lived/lives in the North - symbolic of heaven - Santa lives in the North
Christ was a carpenter - Santa is a toy carpenter
Christ appeared/appears as a thief in the night - Santa comes as a thief in the night and gains entrance into homes
Christ was given power to perform miracles - Santa can deliver all the toys in one night
Christ today knows all people - Santa knows all, who are naughty or nice
Christ today sees all people - Santa see you when you wake or sleep
Christ today is immortal - Santa is immortal
Christ lives in our hearts - Santa lives in the hearts of people, especially kids
The Father of Christ gives gifts to fill the soul - Santa gives gifts to please the soul
The Father and Christ is absolute truth - Santa is a fraud and a liar
The Father and Christ sits on their thrones - Santa sits on a throne
Christ is there on his throne to ask our needs - Santa is on his throne and asks kids their hearts desires for toys and presents
Christ commands children to obey their parents - Santa tell children to listen to their parents
Christ want all to come into the Kingdom as children - Santa tells children to come to him for presents
Christ judges from righteousness and peace - Santa judges whether you are good or bad
Christ is the image of his everlasting Father - Santa is Father Christmas
Christ is called the Christ child - Kris Kringle means christ child
Christ is worthy of pray and worship - Children give prayers and letters and worships Santa
Christ is today the Lord even over all the hosts - Santa is the Lord over the host of elves (In Druid religion elves are demons or tree spirits
God, the Father voices 'Ho Ho' - Santa says 'Ho Ho'
Christ is the prince of eternal peace and the image of his Father - Santa is the symbol of world peace and the image of the pagan season of harvest and the counterfeit version of Christ and his birth

Man... I'm shocked... Everyone should read that.
Santa is even more fraudulent than I imagined

You've obviously given this topic some serious meditation in the past. Did u find all those parallels or did u read about them?

Fraud - a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

That's exactly what Santa does...

Santa is either a fraud or real...
Nine people seem to believe Santa is real... LoL
It's a kind of trick question, unintended, but it's the same as asking if Santa is real

Reactions: JohnPaul and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most loving parents soften the blow of many of life's harsh realities, first with some imaginary tale, like a parable meant for children, told at their level. It's not lying, it's love, and gentleness. I mean, who has heard or told the stork or birds and bees stories--and why, because you could not have told the truth? No...but because that's just what loving parents do.

And yes, there may well be a dark side to those make believe clouds, but there is also a silver lining. When the time comes to know the more mature reality, hopefully there comes a smile of suspicion and an "I knew that!" ...as well as the gentle preparation needed to take hold of the greater truth.
Christmas and Easter, whether people like it or not, are two of the most satanically used holidays outside of Halloween. They are both pagan in origin with false Christian overlays to take hearts away from God. Why use a pagan holiday as a time to celebrate Christ in ways that resemble pagan practices? It makes no sense at all. The real reason people hold onto all the Christmas (and Easter) traditions and falsehoods is .....weakness, fear/peer pressure, greed, etc.

The most loving approach that good Christian and God fearing parents could take is not to lie to their children in the first place.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you really believe that a historical man then became immortal and lives at the North Pole with elves, making toys all year and then his magical reindeer pull his sled flying all over the world in one night, and that his fat self slips down chimneys and leaves toys for every child in the world?? And if he were real, why does he leave out so many very poor children who get nothing while the rich get more than they need or even care for? If he's such a saint, why does he promote self glory and greed? If he's a saint, why doesn't he care about people with no money whose children go without?

Do you really believe this stuff?? Then why tell your children it's true?? Telling an untruth over and over and over ......year after year ...... there's nothing else to label it, but "lying." And who tells lies? Liars. And who is the father of lies?? .....certainly not Jesus.

Now, I didn't call you a liar. I'm simply asking you if you believe that myth is true. And if not .....why don't you tell your children the truth?
how about i tell you the truth? your a RELIGIOUS ZEALOT AND A BUSY BODY

Reactions: ScottA

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When my son was a little boy of eight he asked if Jesus is real to which his dad told him yes. Then he asked if Father Christmas was real and his dad had to say no. He still says it spoiled Christmas for him forever. I think the mystery of Father Christmas isn't fraud anymore than fairies are fraudulent. or mermaids or unicorns. Father Christmas/Santa Claus is a legend. Some might call it fraud but I like to believe that he is figure who embraces the spirit of Christmas.

Think carefully about the question I asked...
It's a tricky one...
I'm really asking if Santa is real...
His either real of not. If his not then that is the definition of a fraud... LoL
U see what I'm saying?

Definition of fraud - a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christmas and Easter, whether people like it or not, are two of the most satanically used holidays outside of Halloween. They are both pagan in origin with false Christian overlays to take hearts away from God. Why use a pagan holiday as a time to celebrate Christ in ways that resemble pagan practices? It makes no sense at all. The real reason people hold onto all the Christmas (and Easter) traditions and falsehoods is .....weakness, fear/peer pressure, greed, etc.

The most loving approach that good Christian and God fearing parents could take is not to lie to their children in the first place.
Christmas and Easter may once have been pagan holidays, but not since the church fathers took them over claiming them for Christ. They are captured territory.

But why stop there? All the kingdoms of the earth were once pagan...before God chose a people out of them that were not a people as a light unto the nations, that all nations and peoples should be blessed. But, no, let the pagans have it all, just give it all back to them. Wrong!

As for it all being lies, it's not. It's make believe, which indeed all loving parents do...even God. He spoke in parables, and created all manner of things, including the flesh, in His own manner of make believe...yes, that we, his children, might believe.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think carefully about the question I asked...
It's a tricky one...
I'm really asking if Santa is real...
His either real of not. If his not then that is the definition of a fraud... LoL
U see what I'm saying?

Definition of fraud - a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
Except there is no "intent to deceive" or "unjustifiability." The intent is for good, all in fun...for children, until they are ready to hear a more complex truth. Has God not done the same?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man... I'm shocked... Everyone should read that.
Santa is even more fraudulent than I imagined

You've obviously given this topic some serious meditation in the past. Did u find all those parallels or did u read about them?

Fraud - a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

That's exactly what Santa does...

Santa is either a fraud or real...
Nine people seem to believe Santa is real... LoL
It's a kind of trick question, unintended, but it's the same as asking if Santa is real

I have found some of this material as scriptural parallels from other sites with some ideas of my own. I always find myself customizing and adding in my own thoughts that I feel are not complete or correct, as I see things. As you know I do a bit of reading and analyzing. This particular list of my[previous post is taken in a major part from an 'older' Christian site.

It's just quite obvious to me that the modern day Santa is designed as a replacement for Christ and his Father in some areas, on purpose, as I already have pointed out. To fill the minds of kids with a worldly figure and squelch the youthful person of Christ.

The seasonal human symbol for helping others in need and children, was much more genuine hundreds of years before. Not today, it is an evil symbol in my books.

It makes me still wonder why most folks of the faith still see Santa just as a festive smiling ho ho and jolly guy, especially for children! And they do not see the bigger worldly picture.

As one source says - SANTA CLAUS AND CHRISTIAN KIDS – WHAT’S A PARENT TO DO?:

"... He goes by a lot of names: Santa Claus, Sinterklass, Saint Nicholas, Saint Nick, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, Santy, or simply Santa. Since the 19th century Santa Claus has been an American mainstay, beloved by families and cherished as part of the Holiday Season. He can be found in local malls, on the back of fire trucks, at parties, and now even in church celebrations.

The song “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town”, written by John Frederick Coots and Haven Gillespie in 1934 has immortalized this dominant figure of Christmas Culture.

“You better watch out, you better not cry, Better not pout, I’m telling you why, Santa Claus is comin’ to town. He’s making a list and checking it twice, Gonna find out who’s naughty and nice, Santa Claus is comin’ to town. He sees you when you’re sleepin’, He knows when you’re a wake, He knows if you’ve been bad or good, So be good for goodness sake.”

Many consider Santa the truest depiction of the Christmas Spirit, personalizing the ideals of peace, joy, giving, and caring for other people. His “coming to town”, or advent each Christmas is considered the climax of the year for children.

For Christians, I believe many of us have simply accepted the dominance of Santa, without ever thinking through whether this is helpful to our children, and whether it has perhaps actually distracted from what the holiday that is supposed to celebrate the Advent of Christ Jesus is all about...."

And this same source 'Creation Today' incidentally has some of the same items on its site as on my list. This is not surprising. And I'm sure there are dozens of other places with the same or similar information...some Christians think this same way...